Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4756312 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1218) (1219) (1220) (1221) (1222) (1223) (1224) ... (5692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nmreports: 9:05pm On Jan 04, 2019
darmilolah:

Gazzuss forget jare. With the pre purchase inspection you did for Scott. He still bought a dead car with no engine and gear at very expensive price.

How dead?
At what price?
What car?
Let's judge.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 9:22pm On Jan 04, 2019
darmilolah:

Gazzuss forget jare. With the pre purchase inspection you did for Scott. He still bought a dead car with no engine and gear at very expensive price.
abeg please explain how to know when a car have bad engine and gearbox, what are the signs to look out for. Plz
Or what problem will u be experiencing to know u have a dead engine and gearbox

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Vicyace: 10:10pm On Jan 04, 2019
Ibadan Taxify.
Interesting piece

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 10:11pm On Jan 04, 2019
nmreports:

How dead?
At what price?
What car?
Let's judge.

One of my Oga remind me of "On the low" by Burma Boy. I have to obey the word of an elder.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 10:12pm On Jan 04, 2019
franksam2009:
abeg please explain how to know when a car have bad engine and gearbox, what are the signs to look out for. Plz
Or what problem will u be experiencing to know u have a dead engine and gearbox

I am not a mechanic. Gazzuss is in a better position to educate you. You can visit ask Gazzuss thread for more information.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 10:17pm On Jan 04, 2019
darmilolah:

Probably the seller bribed GAZZUZZ, so he gain in both ways.

Don't trust any mechanic take 2 or 3 more mechanic to go for inspection, b4 concluding.

Most car sellers negotiate with mechanics behind your back.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:49pm On Jan 04, 2019
pooozeee:

The business can't be profitable in Ibadan for now due to the lack of high profile companies in Ibadan, Lagos drivers are still struggling to survive in the business due to saturation of drivers in the e-hailing.

Wrong

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cross8701: 11:16pm On Jan 04, 2019
pooozeee:

The business can't be profitable in Ibadan for now due to the lack of high profile companies in Ibadan, Lagos drivers are still struggling to survive in the business due to saturation of drivers in the e-hailing.

So unless there are high profile companies,there is no economy. Dude which business school teach you that one? the things you in particular contribute to this thread is at best laughable grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by coalcoal1(m): 11:19pm On Jan 04, 2019
pooozeee:

Are you in essence saying that this e-hailing business is not worth doing at all in Ibadan?�

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 12:28am On Jan 05, 2019
darmilolah:

Lol You Don't Mean It!!!

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GBfleet1: 2:20am On Jan 05, 2019
Chuwaa:
I have a guy living outside Lagos whose goal is to buy and put 4 vehicles on Uber this year. I've been trying to dissuade him to no avail. See how 8.8m is about to go down. He's looking for fleet managers. How do I stop this impending disaster bikonu?

Tell him to contact us we are a reliable fleet company. We 20 cars in our fleet at the moment. +2347056679824
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 7:19am On Jan 05, 2019
darmilolah:

Nope... I stand to correct this because I was involved in the purchase process. Scot was told to overhaul Engine, transmission and AC (he didn't have d finance power)... Or Use/manage the car for say 1-2months and overhaul if finances isn't available... There are records to proof this. Please never say things u were not involved in the process or listen to only the one with the pains.

The ride was negotiated about 780k by Scot due to the fact the transmission was noted to be 'slipping' and other works was due.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barano(m): 7:23am On Jan 05, 2019
Good morning, I am new to the taxify/uber platform. Please I need some advice and guidelines, you can message me or flash me on this and I will call you back 08173771891
sharpk007:

Wen d price was still Under review U shud had visited d office and make it clear to them, i did a similar one

2.1 within lekki and VI round (trip) trip was 11.3K ,i stormed dere office, narrated it to dem as we moved and i sent a mail to Lagos Taxify and Estonia Taxify, that dey review fast and dont hesitate to call me for questioning...

u gat to be smarter dan dem b4 dey reduce ur money
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ephbe(m): 7:33am On Jan 05, 2019
Good morning house
I need number of a reliable Toyota parts dealer please

Needed urgently

thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 8:49am On Jan 05, 2019
Nope... I stand to correct this because I was involved in the purchase process. Scot was told to overhaul Engine, transmission and AC (he didn't have d finance power)... Or Use/manage the car for say 1-2months and overhaul if finances isn't available... There are records to proof this. Please never say things u were not involved in the process or listen to only the one with the pains.

The Kia rio was negotiated about 780k by Scot due to the fact the transmission was noted to be 'slipping' and other works was due. [/quote]

My Oga. You got to the party late. This matter had has been laid to rest.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bilar01(m): 9:06am On Jan 05, 2019
Scot Scot. Hmmmm and we keep complaining about how bad our leaders are.. lol its all good
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Enyinne(f): 10:21am On Jan 05, 2019
grin 780k for Kio rio without engine and gear ? If he wants to refurbish the car to standard,Do u think it will be less than 400k to do it ? From my analysis, there's a miscalculation and misinformation as the buyer can still get a good car with sound engine and gear that is within his budget. Carshopper this is definitely ur car as we all know ur chairman of dead Kia rio.Sound kia rio is being sold at 700k . Seriously damilarh ur friend really fall mugu for Gazzus and carshopper
Carshopper:

The ride was negotiated about 780k by Scot due to the fact the transmission was noted to be 'slipping' and other works was due.

17 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by frugal(m): 10:24am On Jan 05, 2019
Carshopper:

Where have you been hiding? cheesy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Donte101: 10:24am On Jan 05, 2019
ifyeez:
One of the things that pisses me off on this job has started this 2019.
Got a request at Ebute Meta, called the rider to confirm her location, fortunately the pickup location was wrong, buh was able to get to her pickup location, got there called this babe that am here, she said okay am coming, 15min later still called again she said she's on her way down, it took her another 10min to get to me, okay I started trip, was on my way she started grumbling that I should drive faster that shes late, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed I was angered by that but I kept quiet and increased my speed a little from steady 80 to 90-100km. We finally got to her destination only for her to call the man that she came to see that she's here, the man told her to give him 10min his coming, we were inside the car for 30min waiting, this young lady could not even say sorry for the wait/delay

It's high time I start telling this people my mind.

A similar thing happened to me. After I waited for 30m as soon as the two ladies entered the car I started the trip, the next thing I hear was that, oga have you started the trip already I said yes, she said let me see your phone, I showed her and she saw 19m which means the time it will take us from elegushi beach to farmcity lekki, the next thing I hear, oga you have started the trip 19m ago.... I was very angry, I just stopped and asked them to get out of the car.

it is not their fault. na Uber and Taxify cause am.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 10:26am On Jan 05, 2019
Carshopper:

They have come to defend their master, dead Kia rio for 780k.

Pls show us ur records, we don't want hear say.

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 10:29am On Jan 05, 2019
Everyone beware of GAZZUZZ and Carshopper, they are accomplice in this whole thing.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 10:35am On Jan 05, 2019
Enyinne:
grin 780k for Kio rio without engine and gear ? If he wants to refurbish the car to standard,Do u think it will be less than 400k to do it ? From my analysis, there's a miscalculation and misinformation as the buyer can still get a good car with sound engine and gear that is within his budget. Carshopper this is definitely ur car as we all know ur chairman of dead Kia rio.Sound kia rio is being sold at 700k . Seriously damilarh ur friend really fall mugu for Gazzus and carshopper

This year aunty may ur unguided speech and lack of knowledge lead you to where such gathers... cheesy

and yes it's less than 400k to refurbish a Kia rio and No wasn't my Kia rio ... Scot drove on my fleet for 4months before he decided to venture on his own... A decision I and others advised against, but pikin were go stubborn go stubborn wink

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 10:37am On Jan 05, 2019
jpworld:

They have come to defend their master, dead Kia rio for 780k.

Pls show us ur records, we don't want hear say.

And wetin we gain listening to your sound last year ....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 10:38am On Jan 05, 2019
frugal:

Where have you been hiding? cheesy

I have always been here .. better to work the talk ..than listen to those who just talk the talk ... we still dey here we still moving and growing

As we retire vehicles .. we replace .. My fav Kia Rio... grin

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 10:40am On Jan 05, 2019
Enyinne:

buyer was told and given the options he should take.. but he took that which he deemed good for him.. he bought at his own will
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iyaegin: 10:42am On Jan 05, 2019
What is Sacrosanct about e-hailing which many still fail to realize and keep in mind is that it was not designed with weekly rental payments in mind at best maybe HP and even the HP of very fair repayment not the cut throat rates that many HP come along with today.It is for Driver partners who after two years hopefully can change their card because a 2 year vehicle on Uber full time will become dead in no time...
E-hailing is here to stay because for as long as the regular taxi cannot meet the standard of an average uber/taxify people would keep turning to them and abandon the yellow fellows...however as more drivers join the platform I see rentals going even lower to 15/20k weekly because December rush is over, we are back to Reality..

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Oluwabengz(m): 10:44am On Jan 05, 2019
ifyeez:
One of the things that pisses me off on this job has started this 2019.
Got a request at Ebute Meta, called the rider to confirm her location, fortunately the pickup location was wrong, buh was able to get to her pickup location, got there called this babe that am here, she said okay am coming, 15min later still called again she said she's on her way down, it took her another 10min to get to me, okay I started trip, was on my way she started grumbling that I should drive faster that shes late, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed I was angered by that but I kept quiet and increased my speed a little from steady 80 to 90-100km. We finally got to her destination only for her to call the man that she came to see that she's here, the man told her to give him 10min his coming, we were inside the car for 30min waiting, this young lady could not even say sorry for the wait/delay

It's high time I start telling this people my mind.

One girl wanted to do that to me one day. After getting to her final destination, the person she wants to see wasn't around and she wants to chill inside my car. After 3mins, I politely asked if we are in her final destination and she said yes. na him I end the trip, tell her I've ended the trip and she could get down.

My job has been done by picking her from the pick up location and dropping her off at her final destination. My car no be waiting room

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 10:52am On Jan 05, 2019
Chuwaa:
I have a guy living outside Lagos whose goal is to buy and put 4 vehicles on Uber this year. I've been trying to dissuade him to no avail. See how 8.8m is about to go down. He's looking for fleet managers. How do I stop this impending disaster bikonu?
he's minding his business,that means you know what to do.what if it turns out right for him? The negative energy you peeps are spewing on this thread is very appalling. Has the December blues faded already? You complain ,yet in the business. let everyone that's interested cast their lines, whether e go catch fish or not,is left to God.
As for me,all this complaints just makes me defiant the more.I'm coming onboard the business very soon,Insha Allah. I will not be dissuaded. Instead,tell your friend to test the waters,one car at a time .
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 10:54am On Jan 05, 2019
I know someone who called me to help advise on a purchase of a civic.. on seeing the civic, I told him 'bros this moto don go oo..if na for uber, u go replace engine n transmission oo' and response was 'I fit patch am up and manage to use it to work till I gather money to overhaul' ... I said 'As u wish' ... and he paid for the civic ...

2weeks down the line problems started showing up on engine n transmission... Now will you say carshopper bought him a DEAD car?

las las Pikin wey go stubborn go stubborn

This year for ur headache I don't have Panadol for it ... if u like lament, call my name, call gazzuz name join my name ...ur headache Wil increase and i will still not have Panadol for ur headache. Na your headache not mine

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Oluwabengz(m): 10:56am On Jan 05, 2019
nmreports:

How dead?
At what price?
What car?
Let's judge.

Maybe Scott was told the car is a bad buy, but he thought he could buy it and get it fixed and at the end....

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 10:58am On Jan 05, 2019
Oluwabengz:

Maybe Scott was told the car is a bad buy, but he thought he could buy it and get it fixed and at the end....

Not maybe... He was told all he needed to change to put a functional car on the platform ... he was advised not to go solo sef...but he thought I wanted to hamper his progress ...

Las Las pikin wey go stubborn go stubborn

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by frugal(m): 11:01am On Jan 05, 2019
Carshopper:

I have always been here .. better to work the talk ..than listen to those who just talk the talk ... we still dey here we still moving and growing

As we retire vehicles .. we replace .. My fav Kia Rio... grin
Good. Was wondering if you were taken hostage. You know you can't trust these drivers these days grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1218) (1219) (1220) (1221) (1222) (1223) (1224) ... (5692) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: pope191 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.