Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,436 members, 7,830,194 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1268) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4802613 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1265) (1266) (1267) (1268) (1269) (1270) (1271) ... (5700) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:51pm On Jan 15, 2019
so I came down from the fence and decided to give one of us a try, he will be driving this, let's wish him good luck.

Cc: members on the fence and other side of the fence. cheesy

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Fostercat(m): 3:07pm On Jan 15, 2019
Epphy:

Kinda low requests. January syndrome. One requires more of luck/grace and experience esp for good positioning (like Fahrenz says).

Tips by the positioning gurus could help but don't think they would like to drop cos they are afraid of casting.

Dropped a rider at the airport on Saturday evening. I saw 25-50 uber X ahead of you. I just laff. I turn my staring before I reach Maryland I just hit a trip to eko hotel.

Why will 50 drivers be waiting at airport at one same time?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Fahrenz: 3:11pm On Jan 15, 2019
Fostercat:

Dropped a rider at the airport on Saturday evening. I saw 25-50 uber X ahead of you. I just laff. I turn my staring before I reach Maryland I just hit a trip to eko hotel.

they don't have sense. When I call them lazy they will want to cut my head. Next thing they will shout no request up an down and be looking for 10k weekly rental

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:12pm On Jan 15, 2019
Fostercat:

they are mostly the airport Union drivers, they do that to frustrate Ehailing. They also make fake requests and cancel grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Fostercat(m): 3:25pm On Jan 15, 2019
So like i said b4 in this thread,i drive on the uber platform with my own personal car as a side hustle and it has been quite a good/bad mixed experience.

January is actually a very low moment. I begin to think about drivers that will have to remit same amount to car owners. How do you cope please?I like to know.

Yesterday at work,during lunch period,I went to a restaurant near office to eat as usual.
Gbam the guy that was sharing table with me was an uber driver. He placed his phone on the table and his app was on.At about 2pm the guy had only made 2k plus and ate about 750 naira worth of food.

While eating ,a trip entered his phone and the rider called,the driver told the rider that he was eating and will not be able to embark on the trip. I heard the prompt of cancellation after the call. The rider cancelled

Now,I began to think, was this the smart way to work?

It is good to have a break and eat.but personally I won't work that way.

On the days I work,I eat full meal ones ,which will be only when I get home at night . I usually buy two plaintain chips and a bottle of water in traffic and I am good till I get home.

After eating ,I just said welldone to the guy and left. I no want trouble o .

What do u guys think about SMART work ethics and target achievement?

17 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 15, 2019
Fostercat:

It depends on certain periods. I have been placed on queue several times while out of the airport zone even after driving to Ikeja bridge.
So the figures you see on queue don't really mean they are in the airport.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Fostercat(m): 3:31pm On Jan 15, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

they are mostly the airport Union drivers, they do that to frustrate Ehailing. They also make fake requests and cancel grin

Not true. Actually there is low request this period. So most of them feel,the airport is cool to definitely hit a trip. But 50 persons on queue? It will be mad ness to wait.

I don wait for airport before and the trip I got was just 500 naira.the rider was going to the Radisson blu hotel in gra ikeja.they dint pay me parking money because I parked some where near FAAN saff quter gate cheesy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 3:32pm On Jan 15, 2019
pooozeee:
Please expert in the house, I also want GAZZUZZ to help me out: My car Toyota Corolla starts eazily in the morning witrout any problem after driving for like an hour +, if I turn off the engine, to start it again would be difficult except the engine becomes very cool again. I will have to crank the engine for like 3ice b4 it will start.

A mechanic said it's the kick starter, the kick starter has been serviced and the brush changed yet the problem persist. Please expert in the house, what could be the problem ?

village people at work

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Fahrenz: 3:38pm On Jan 15, 2019
brogxy:

It depends on certain periods. I have been placed on queue several times while out of the airport zone even after driving to Ikeja bridge.
whether you are in the airport, Ikeja bridge, or anywhere you like, as long as you are on that queue, your next requests cones from the Airport or areas around there EG Naf base
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Fostercat(m): 3:48pm On Jan 15, 2019
brogxy:

It depends on certain periods. I have been places on queue several times even after driving to Ikeja bridge.

You are funny.we all know that when you are within a certain radius to the airport you will be placed on queue.

I have made countless numbers of airport trips.but to see 50 drivers on queue was crazy for me to stay. The highest I have observed b4 that day was 20
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jan 15, 2019
Fostercat:

You are funny.we all know that when you are within a certain radius to the airport you will be placed on queue.

I have made countless numbers of airport trips.but to see 50 drivers on queue was crazy for me to stay. The highest I have observed b4 that day was 20
What I was telling you is that they might not be drivers parked at the airport as you mentioned earlier.
You made it to look as if the drivers on queue didn't know what they were doing by parking at the airport.
Moreover, seeing high number on queue means no/low requests at the airport.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Fostercat(m): 4:06pm On Jan 15, 2019
brogxy:

What I was telling you is that they might not be drivers parked at the airport as you mentioned earlier.

It very strange to have 50 drivers withing the airport radius at same time. Ha ha kilo happen?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BillGoldberg: 4:47pm On Jan 15, 2019
Brothers... Lets call a spade, a spade This business is looing bad now. The forecast is not funny at all. Made only 5k since morning as at the time am posting this. It was not like this before. Lets forget all this January excuse up and down. And let nobody call any driver lazy! Drivers are looking for trips but none is coming. Even me that usually don't go to Ikorodu... If you see the way I jump into Ikorodu today after waiting over an hour fpr trip eh?

Seems people are now jumping bus again or trekking.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 5:01pm On Jan 15, 2019
deedee44:

It's way easier to learn from your own mistake than that of others they say. If I had stored the numbers I wouldn't have carried this same set of people, one is black two are light, the black one putting on hood did the transfer after the whole trip with access bank mobile app, a trip to mushin from ayobo with many stops then uber ended the trip at exactly 2 hours, it read 4k, so the return was offline and total was 9k. It was very late in the night and I was feeling very sick so I just left. My instinct told me it was fraud but since it was uber I still had hope of getting almost half back and the fever played a part. In one of the stops they bought a Samsung phone from a guy they must have been negotiating with online and did fake transfer of 45k too, the guy delayed us for like 15 minutes before he later succumbed to their rants of network ish n Co. Now I'm sure the guy's phone is gone too. They've blocked my number now and I've reported to uber but uber said they're not able to look into it at the moment due to technical issue. I'm still waiting, but those guys, I have strong feelings that I would get them
Xana I will pm you
Okay back to this matter, uber has responded by removing the fare I didn't collect from my balance, and said they've added N6,347. Problem is N6347 has not reflected, should I wait or worry them more?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Fostercat(m): 5:05pm On Jan 15, 2019
BillGoldberg:
Brothers... Lets call a spade, a spade This business is looing bad now. The forecast is not funny at all. Made only 5k since morning as at the time am posting this. It was not like this before. Lets forget all this January excuse up and down. And let nobody call any driver lazy! Drivers are looking for trips but none is coming. Even me that usually don't go to Ikorodu... If you see the way I jump into Ikorodu today after waiting over an hour fpr trip eh?

Bro I feel the situation . But January is a huge factor wether u like it or not . It is not only in the ehailing business.

January affects almost all sector of the economy,As most people are low in cash due to high spending usually in the Christmas season .

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 15, 2019
BillGoldberg:
Brothers... Lets call a spade, a spade This business is looing bad now. The forecast is not funny at all. Made only 5k since morning as at the time am posting this. It was not like this before. Lets forget all this January excuse up and down. And let nobody call any driver lazy! Drivers are looking for trips but none is coming. [/color]Even me that usually don't go to Ikorodu... If you see the way I jump into Ikorodu today after waiting over an hour fpr trip eh?[color=#000099]

smiley The hustle is real
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 5:14pm On Jan 15, 2019
BillGoldberg:

Everyday is not Christmas, business will pick, it's a matter of time. Patience and endurance is d key. cheesy

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MrAustine: 5:29pm On Jan 15, 2019
ARE YOU SELF EMPLOYED ? ARE YOU BASED IN LAGOS ?

Do you need finance to complete a project or meet an obligation?

RENMONEY (your favourite consumer finance bank) is ready to meet your financial needs via our soft Personal Cash Loan between N150,000 to N2,000,000 million @ a very good interest rate. Repayment period is between 9 to 12 months. No collateral security/guarantor requirement!

BASIC REQUIREMENTS ARE GIVEN BELOW:
Valid Proof of Identification (Any of current Int'l Passport, National Identification, Voter's Card or Driver’s License)
- One recent passport photograph (within the last 6 months )
- Salary account statement for the last 6 months (stamped and signed) till date
- PHCN bill, water bill, Rent bill NOT older than three months
CALL US ON: 09087090739

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 5:35pm On Jan 15, 2019
deedee44:

Okay back to this matter, uber has responded by removing the fare I didn't collect from my balance, and said they've added N6,347. Problem is N6347 has not reflected, should I wait or worry them more?
This is one thing Taxify is not doing right, No refund on cash trips, whenever U do a review of cash trip, they add d deficit to your negative balance, U end up owing them. I don't do review on cash trips again. I just let it be. This afternoon I picked up an elderly sick woman from hospital at ketu going to ikorodu, got to her destination and ended d trip and it was 1,800. The woman pleaded with me me to take 1500. She didn't have extra money to pay my money complete. I didn't bother to do fare review, I just collected the money like dat. On several occasions I have had shortages in fares. Taxify need to do something about this. It is frustrating at times

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MrAustine: 5:39pm On Jan 15, 2019
ARE YOU A SALARY EARNER ? ARE YOU BASED IN LAGOS, ABUJA, PORT HARCOURT AND IBADAN ?

Do you need finance to complete a project or meet an obligation?

RENMONEY (your favourite consumer finance bank) is ready to meet your financial needs via our soft Personal Cash Loan between N150,000 to N4,000,000 million @ a very good interest rate. Repayment period is between 9 to 12 months. No collateral security/guarantor requirement!

BASIC REQUIREMENTS ARE GIVEN BELOW:
Valid Proof of Identification (Any of current Int'l Passport, National Identification, Voter's Card or Driver’s License)
- One recent passport photograph (within the last 6 months )
- Salary account statement for the last 6 months (stamped and signed) till date
- PHCN bill, water bill, Rent bill NOT older than three months
CALL US ON: 09087090739

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mistadayo(m): 5:49pm On Jan 15, 2019
Bought 2k fuel this morning before my first trip. By 3pm I had done 8 trips and earnings of 7500 In total and my fuel has finished. One of those not so good days. Please how do you guys do your fueling

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Daveonoja: 5:52pm On Jan 15, 2019
Fahrenz:
they don't have sense. When I call them lazy they will want to cut my head. Next thing they will shout no request up an down and be looking for 10k weekly rental
Mr active driver how it works for you is not the same way it works for all ooo...I challenge you make you post your earning just in the last 10days make the airport drivers were lazy post their own make we see who really lazy and get sense

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Trsrrs: 5:52pm On Jan 15, 2019
Please house I want to ask if anyone here still using 2000-2001 toyota corolla for uber only of course.. How is it still going, is it still possible to use on uber and riders don't complain. I want to use it bcoz I don't have enough money to get a newer car. So can I use it to make some money to upgrade later.. Plz house I need an honest, experienced Reply
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 5:58pm On Jan 15, 2019
Fostercat:
So like i said b4 in this thread,i drive on the uber platform with my own personal car as a side hustle and it has been quite a good/bad mixed experience.

January is actually a very low moment. I begin to think about drivers that will have to remit same amount to car owners. How do you cope please?I like to know.

Yesterday at work,during lunch period,I went to a restaurant near office to eat as usual.
Gbam the guy that was sharing table with me was an uber driver. He placed his phone on the table and his app was on.At about 2pm the guy had only made 2k plus and ate about 750 naira worth of food.

While eating ,a trip entered his phone and the rider called,the driver told the rider that he was eating and will not be able to embark on the trip. I heard the prompt of cancellation after the call. The rider cancelled

Now,I began to think, was this the smart way to work?

It is good to have a break and eat.but personally I won't work that way.

On the days I work,I eat full meal ones ,which will be only when I get home at night . I usually buy two plaintain chips and a bottle of water in traffic and I am good till I get home.

After eating ,I just said welldone to the guy and left. I no want trouble o .

What do u guys think about SMART work ethics and target achievement?
His frustrated, or the rider is going to a wrong location, like Ikorodu or going to the next street, I believe he won't leave his food to take such trip.
Or his with the lazy crew grin grin

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mazinaija: 6:08pm On Jan 15, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
so I came down from the fence and decided to give one of us a try, he will be driving this, let's wish him good luck.

Cc: members on the fence and other side of the fence. cheesy

Please we need more people on the fence. Now that you are out a bit, more might join you..Good luck to him.
Abeg Oga driver make sure you don't default and it shall be well with you.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 6:23pm On Jan 15, 2019
Carshopper:

alright
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 7:52pm On Jan 15, 2019
Gentlelife50:

Lolzz, person eyes don see things tire.
I picked some girls sometime ago and they were wearing transparent clothes that u can see their G string pants. U need to see these girls by yourself, u must misbehave.
grin grin

This was the reason ur wife left you.

Oko ashewo...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 8:23pm On Jan 15, 2019
BillGoldberg:

you guys should better continue posting earnings oo grin grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:24pm On Jan 15, 2019
jpworld:

This was the reason ur wife left you.

Oko ashewo...
Okay, we don hear you.
Any other thing?

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 9:08pm On Jan 15, 2019
BillGoldberg:

Weldone bros. If my memory serves me well,most of you were warned during the december harvest to save for January so you can afford sanitary pads when your period shows.
Most of you are now experiencing heavy flow,no pad to soak it. Well, since I've not been registered on both platforms yet, I use my ride to hustle passenger at different stops along the way to my office and back, and trust me the fare is fair. Enough for fuel feeding, and ..................grin only gazzuzz can fill in the gaps grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by seun289(m): 9:16pm On Jan 15, 2019
eherbal:
Weldone bros. If my memory serves me well,most of you were warned during the december harvest to save for January so you can afford sanitary pads when your period shows.
Most of you are now experiencing heavy flow,no pad to soak it. Well, since I've not been registered on both platforms yet, I use my ride to hustle passenger at different stops along the way to my office and back, and trust me the fare is fair. Enough for fuel feeding, and ..................grin only gazzuzz can fill in the gaps grin
Clown tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (1265) (1266) (1267) (1268) (1269) (1270) (1271) ... (5700) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Fibel(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.