Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,844 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1320) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4732978 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1317) (1318) (1319) (1320) (1321) (1322) (1323) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 2:43pm On Feb 04, 2019
Waiting for your response on this sir

GAZZUZZ

author=Mjosh1000 post=75404416][/quote]
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 2:48pm On Feb 04, 2019
How much is the cost to overhaul the engine, or if there is any other way out.

I await your response
GAZZUZZ:

what is quartz 7000?

Quartz 7000 is 15w50 engine oil, it is also semi synthetic meaning part mineral part synthetic. Research has shown that it is usually a not more than
30per-70per mix (30per synthetic) sadly you have used the wrong grade of oil over extended mileages and your piston rings and valve stem seals have paid the price. Engine will require an overhaul with original parts. I am almost certain engine has developed sludge also.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 2:58pm On Feb 04, 2019
Mjosh1000:
Waiting for your response on this sir

GAZZUZZ

author=Mjosh1000 post=75404416]

It's better to replace the engine than overhaul.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 3:02pm On Feb 04, 2019
Okay tks
darmilolah:

It's better to replace the engine than overhaul.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Hembee67(m): 3:05pm On Feb 04, 2019
Epphy:

Yes from 2000 models upward

Thanks for this information but please pardon me... I am new to this uber stuff and I want to start... please what's the procedure to register with uber though am present working out to get a personal car to use:::: I will appreciate anyone who can be my guide... here is my number 08066143574.

Ditto: can honda civic 04 make the requirement
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:14pm On Feb 04, 2019
Hembee67:

Thanks for this information but please pardon me... I am new to this uber stuff and I want to start... please what's the procedure to register with uber though am present working out to get a personal car to use:::: I will appreciate anyone who can be my guide... here is my number 08066143574.

Ditto: can honda civic 04 make the requirement

instead for you to search for guide, you want guide to search for you. sad

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Hembee67(m): 3:19pm On Feb 04, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

instead for you to search for guide, you want guide to search for you. sad

Thank you... could you suggest a better way I could make myself more appropriate ?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ridwanadedapo(m): 3:25pm On Feb 04, 2019
If you want to depend only on the car without other sources of income, DON’T DO IT. Go for rental.

babatee2013:
Good morning Bosses
You are all my boss because I'm about to join this business and I'm just joining this platform.
I've taken my time to read some of the previous discussion here, sincerely I can say it is more than what I think it is. Haven't said all this, Pls I will need ur sincere advice on this.
I was offer a tokunbo Toyota corolla 2006 on hire purchase deal for 3.5million on a 35k weekly delivery for 2years.
As a starter is this achievable or not?
Thanks in advance as I await ur response(s).

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pooozeee(m): 3:28pm On Feb 04, 2019
Rating has been paused on Uber app

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 3:59pm On Feb 04, 2019
BillGoldberg:

Did you notice how I did not consider his opinion and never responded to him? Even when I mentioned traffic and damages to car, he still wanted to argue.

I have really decided to be ignoring animals and only be making meaningful contributions to this thread.

For people that want to learn, a driver gave me the list below and told me never to there!!! I test run some of them
Drivers that want to learn should learn!

The inexhaustible list is;
Never Ever go to Oyingbo, Apapa, Ejigbo, Ayobo, Badagry, Ojoo, Mile 2, Abule Ojoo, Abule Adoo, Ishaga, Isheri, Epe, Lakowe

Save this on your phone. I test run some of them. If its not extremely bad roads, its heavy traffic, armed robbers etc. Thank me later.

There's no place on this list that I've not been to or can still not go. Different folks for different strokes. And yes, I inverted folks and strokes; it's not a mistake.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dinowest: 4:02pm On Feb 04, 2019
Very Clean Toyota Sienna for sale @ N900k flat. Although the AC need to be worked on.

Every other thing very perfect. Sound gear box, First Body, Very sound engine, just buy use.

Contact 08077888465

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 4:03pm On Feb 04, 2019
bily:

We still dey jare bro. And we still believe it's overrated based on the context of discuss at that time.

Remember the experience discussion came about at that time when car owner's looking for drivers where asking for minimum 6 months experience on uber/taxify before giving their car out.

Why I argued it was overrated then was that 6 months driving on e hailing does not guarantee driver will make good money or remit consistently. I was of the opinion that they should give a chance to New drivers too.
This was also based on the fact that I just started driving at that point without prior ehailing experience and I was making good money. I was of the opinion that if you have been driving for a while in lagos, know how to use Google maps and have a general idea of residential/commercial areas, it will go a long way in positioning without having prior experience in ehailing

Even by reading this thread, you'll see people that have been driving for long on this platform without no single customer service skills.

Don't get me wrong, experience on ehailing matters, it's just overrated as a major criteria to use to give a driver a car.
There are people with more ehailing experience than you and not making as much as you are and vice versa.
It's takes more than the length of time you've been in the platform to make consistent money

Na so, my brother.
I owe you Origin. Will pay, one of these days

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MoonlightDrive: 4:08pm On Feb 04, 2019
pooozeee:
Short trip is very terrible, since morning 4k in my acount with just 2k fuel and I have quater tank fuel remaining
I was unable to set destination trip in the morning, uber did not allow me to do so

The Gurus have given you the trick to setting destination trips on uber!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 4:19pm On Feb 04, 2019
pooozeee:
Short trip is very terrible, since morning 4k in my acount with just 2k fuel and I have quater tank fuel remaining
I was unable to set destination trip in the morning, uber did not allow me to do so

Are you on taxify sir? Short trips are very sweet on taxify - #500 - #700 for maximum of 15 minutes trip; #700 - #1000 for one hour. And you get a lot of them on taxify.
#SecretsofEhailing

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 4:22pm On Feb 04, 2019
Cc: Niiade

nitigriti:

Are you on taxify sir? Short trips are very sweet on taxify - #500 - #700 for maximum of 15 minutes trip; #700 - #1000 for one hour. And you get a lot of them on taxify.
#SecretsofEhailing

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 4:31pm On Feb 04, 2019
MoonlightDrive:

The Gurus have given you the trick to setting destination trips on uber!
Setting destination trips on Uber can be annoying, especially where there's few drivers around,
Uber will refuse you from setting destination.
Your first trip of the day determines how the days work will be, that's why I use destination trip from my bed, Uber doesn't allow me, so Taxify does it for me.
Uber should seriously work on that, secondly somebody will set destination going to the island, you will be getting Surulere undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 4:33pm On Feb 04, 2019
Limes and lemons; or lemonades.
Depends on you!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BillGoldberg: 5:12pm On Feb 04, 2019
darmilolah:

That your coach must be a learner. What happened to Oyingbo, Ishaga, Lakowe?

Oyingbo Market... At night... Armed robbery.

Ishaga... Traffic nd bad roads

Lakowe.... Taxify does not calculate it well. They will pin a trip from Ajah to there at 1200. I tested it twice and thats a fact.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by babatee2013: 5:18pm On Feb 04, 2019
Fahrenz:
its very achievable if:
1. You enjoy driving
2. You enjoy driving long distances
3.You know 80% of Lagos roads without a map
4. You obey traffic signs, rules and regulations
5. You have good customer skills.
6. You don't complain unnecessarily.

Higher purchase and rentals is the same thing. The difference is commitment to just one car. It's like marriage.

I know some might say test the waters first, but what water are you testing? Is it not the same 35k weekly rental is paying too? I will only advise you find a way to beat the price down, but if not, 35k is basically 5k daily. All you need to do is save 5k every day after fueling for the next 730 days. Make sure car owners money is complete first, before you start your own hustle. Nothing is impossible. Just tactics.
Thank u sir,
I understand you perfectly
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by babatee2013: 5:19pm On Feb 04, 2019
darmilolah:

What are you saying sir? Are you "kidney" Me?

Do drivers on rental maintain car?

Hp and Rental is not the same bra.
I get ur point of view sir
Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by babatee2013: 5:20pm On Feb 04, 2019
emmancecute:
it will be difficult as a starter but if you're an adventurer you can go for it. you can beat the price down
Thanks for ur contribution sir
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by babatee2013: 5:22pm On Feb 04, 2019
nitigriti:
Limes and lemons; or lemonades.
Depends on you!
Pls explain further sir
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 5:32pm On Feb 04, 2019
BillGoldberg:

Oyingbo Market... At night... Armed robbery.

Ishaga... Traffic nd bad roads

Lakowe.... Taxify does not calculate it well. They will pin a trip from Ajah to there at 1200. I tested it twice and thats a fact.

What part of Oyingbo and what time of the night are you talking about? Do you mean around past 12am?

For Ishaga and Lakowe. I have not regret going to those places.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lasthero: 5:44pm On Feb 04, 2019
Toyota matrix 2005 available for uber/ taxify driver.
Weekly remittance of 30k.

Send me a pm if interested.
Location is Lagos.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 5:51pm On Feb 04, 2019
eherbal:
Good morning folks.how was the weekend? after a year or so on this thread,I'm happy to announce that I've been activated on the platform . taxify for now .Uber later.
I pray the Almighty,most high, provide for intending drivers so they can afford their own cars. As for those still driving for partners,you day will surely come. Insha Allah. God bless us all, everyone.
"Mabrouk habibi!. As in congrats
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 6:08pm On Feb 04, 2019
lasthero:

Location is Lagos.
Sincerely, I don't know how to go about sending pm but I got a driver for u. My whatsapp no is 08099785775. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:50pm On Feb 04, 2019
Fahrenz:
its very achievable if:
1. You enjoy driving
2. You enjoy driving long distances
3.You know 80% of Lagos roads without a map
4. You obey traffic signs, rules and regulations
5. You have good customer skills.
6. You don't complain unnecessarily.

Higher purchase and rentals is the same thing. The difference is commitment to just one car. It's like marriage.

I know some might say test the waters first, but what water are you testing? Is it not the same 35k weekly rental is paying too? I will only advise you find a way to beat the price down, but if not, 35k is basically 5k daily. All you need to do is save 5k every day after fueling for the next 730 days. Make sure car owners money is complete first, before you start your own hustle. Nothing is impossible. Just tactics.

@Fahrenz, I beg to differ cos I believe they are not d same, unless he have negotiation that changes normal standard. You can't drive for 730 days without hindrance from nature or human, will the owner understand? Who take care of repairs? If he drove for 6 months, using his money to fix problem of 20, 30, 40k while keeping to delivery and something of 150k happens in between, what does he do? And owner is trying to salvage his investment with deaf ears. I'll advice anyone to stick to rental and allow the car owner take care of the car, if the load is beyond you, jejely drop it and move on.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ghost1994: 7:16pm On Feb 04, 2019
lasthero:

Location is Lagos.

ok
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AdelaLee(f): 7:36pm On Feb 04, 2019
cooldood:

Where do you stay and have you got a car now?
do you have any to give sir? Im interested if so. Thank you
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 7:44pm On Feb 04, 2019
pope191:

@Fahrenz, I beg to differ cos I believe they are not d same, unless he have negotiation that changes normal standard. You can't drive for 730 days without hindrance from nature or human, will the owner understand? Who take care of repairs? If he drove for 6 months, using his money to fix problem of 20, 30, 40k while keeping to delivery and something of 150k happens in between, what does he do? And owner is trying to salvage his investment with deaf ears. I'll advice anyone to stick to rental and allow the car owner take care of the car, if the load is beyond you, jejely drop it and move on.

I'll advice anyone to stick to rental and allow the car owner take care of the car, if the load is beyond you, jejely drop it and move on.[/quote]

Will they hear?[/b][quo
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cooldood(m): 7:45pm On Feb 04, 2019
AdelaLee:
do you have any to give sir? Im interested if so. Thank you
Yes, are you female? Have you driven etaxi before?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pooozeee(m): 7:55pm On Feb 04, 2019
emmancecute:
I consider 3 things before deciding if I'll be going to a place or not.
1. Security:
2. Traffic
3. Possibility of getting a request from that place.

This is the best, only that I don't like asking for destination from riders after accepting the request

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1317) (1318) (1319) (1320) (1321) (1322) (1323) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Welz(m), ayoomo9(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.