Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,530 members, 7,826,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1323) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4781874 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1320) (1321) (1322) (1323) (1324) (1325) (1326) ... (5698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:24pm On Feb 05, 2019

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 2:11pm On Feb 05, 2019
pooozeee:
Guy be at alert some guys are towing away vehicles once you are spotted as uber or taxify, they begin to trail you until you mistakenly park
Don't go anywhere around ikoyi passport office to park, don't go to Cameron road in ikoyi, don't go to glover road in ikoyi, don't just park anywhere on the road even inside the street don't park

Piece of advice

Always end your trip and collect your money or conclude your transfer before you get to the passport office

If you like, end the trip from Obalende roundabout. #100 or #200 is easier to let go than #5k plus

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ojbanja: 3:03pm On Feb 05, 2019
HI all, one of YAYI's campaign bus door fell off on motion on Agidigbi road and broke my rear light, dents and affected my bumper. I was asked to come to their office tomorrow morning for settlement.
How much is rear light corolla 2006?
If the offer is not good enough, I may involve lawyer.
Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 3:37pm On Feb 05, 2019
izzou:

Piece of advice

Always end your trip and collect your money or conclude your transfer before you get to the passport office

If you like, end the trip from Obalende roundabout. #100 or #200 is easier to let go than #5k plus
plz where are we going to park now when we a riders destination is passport office,, is it ok to stop the rider at d next street when he is supposed to stop at passport office
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 3:43pm On Feb 05, 2019
franksam2009:
plz where are we going to park now when we a riders destination is passport office,, is it ok to stop the rider at d next street when he is supposed to stop at passport office

Dont park.

Do your drop off and leave. That's why I said you should conclude with your money and when you get there, your client comes down and you zoom off

One must be smart in order to drive happily in Lagos

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 4:14pm On Feb 05, 2019
izzou:

Dont park.

Do your drop off and leave. That's why I said you should conclude with your money and when you get there, your client comes down and you zoom off

what is she has plenty lougauge in the boot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Megadrop: 4:15pm On Feb 05, 2019
BillGoldberg:

Did you notice how I did not consider his opinion and never responded to him? Even when I mentioned traffic and damages to car, he still wanted to argue.

I have really decided to be ignoring animals and only be making meaningful contributions to this thread.

For people that want to learn, a driver gave me the list below and told me never to there!!! I test run some of them
Drivers that want to learn should learn!

The inexhaustible list is;
Never Ever go to Oyingbo, Apapa, Ejigbo, Ayobo, Badagry, Ojoo, Mile 2, Abule Ojoo, Abule Adoo, Ishaga, Isheri, Epe, Lakowe

Save this on your phone. I test run some of them. If its not extremely bad roads, its heavy traffic, armed robbers etc. Thank me later.
I beg to disagree with you on this sir. There's nothing wrong with Oyingbo or rather Ebute metta, the roads are not that bad compared to Oworo and its environs. Not all parts of Ejigbo has bad road. Ejigbo is equally not that bad. Apapa is a place I love going to because its always a juicy one for me especially having to deal with a rider that understands the importance of running the show offline. Apapa is a place you will like to go to if you know ur way in and out and there's always multiple requests there.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 4:17pm On Feb 05, 2019
franksam2009:
what is she has plenty lougauge in the boot

Huh? undecided

Well, nothing is impossible. Just explain to the rider why you can't park conveniently there and you won't be able to come down to help her with her luggage because of those vultures

And you sef wey wan park, shine your eyes. Stop, sit in your car, open your trunk and be vigilant
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 05, 2019
ojbanja:
HI all, one of YAYI's campaign bus door fell off on motion on Agidigbi road and broke my rear light, dents and affected my bumper. I was asked to come to their office tomorrow morning for settlement.
If the offer is not good enough, I may involve lawyer.
Thanks
Isn't your car insured? Why not go get whatever is given to you and take your car to your insurance company? Either way is a win win situation for you.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izora: 4:52pm On Feb 05, 2019
I am a new driver looking for a car to drive. You can reach me on 08133771888
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by elshanAutos: 5:21pm On Feb 05, 2019

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Oluwabengz(m): 6:25pm On Feb 05, 2019
ojbanja:
If the offer is not good enough, I may involve lawyer.[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Thanks

Did you take a pictorial evidence at the scene?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ojbanja: 6:39pm On Feb 05, 2019
Oluwabengz:

Did you take a pictorial evidence at the scene?

Yes.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ojbanja: 6:40pm On Feb 05, 2019
aaronson:
Isn't your car insured? Why not go get whatever is given to you and take your car to your insurance company? Either way is a win win situation for you.

Third party.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Fahrenz: 6:42pm On Feb 05, 2019
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by elshanAutos: 6:46pm On Feb 05, 2019
Fahrenz:
manual?
Automatic.
Manual 2010 Honda City available @1.1m

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 7:04pm On Feb 05, 2019
izzou:

Huh? undecided

Well, nothing is impossible. Just explain to the rider why you can't park conveniently there and you won't be able to come down to help her with her luggage because of those vultures

And you sef wey wan park, shine your eyes. Stop, sit in your car, open your trunk and be vigilant
thanks so much bro
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 7:07pm On Feb 05, 2019
aaronson:
this insurance come dey hungry me to do oo, with this insurance someone won't have to be scared of accident when driving,. Abeg refer me to a good company biko
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 05, 2019
ojbanja:

Third party.
Situation like this is the reason comprehensive insurance is always advisable. Anyways, since it's glaring they at fault. Draft a list of your repairs and how much it would all cost and let them have it before negotiation begins.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:15pm On Feb 05, 2019
franksam2009:
this insurance come dey hungry me to do oo, with this insurance someone won't have to be scared of accident when driving,. Abeg refer me to a good company biko
AXA mansard insurance

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Fahrenz: 7:33pm On Feb 05, 2019
pope191:

@Fahrenz, I beg to differ cos I believe they are not d same, unless he have negotiation that changes normal standard. You can't drive for 730 days without hindrance from nature or human, will the owner understand? Who take care of repairs? If he drove for 6 months, using his money to fix problem of 20, 30, 40k while keeping to delivery and something of 150k happens in between, what does he do? And owner is trying to salvage his investment with deaf ears. I'll advice anyone to stick to rental and allow the car owner take care of the car, if the load is beyond you, jejely drop it and move on.
I understand you points.
HP is not for everyone but that doesn't mean it won't work.

No one can drive 730 days without hindrance and when I said 730 days I didn't mean it in a stretch. No one signs a contract that doesn't allow for hindrance. We are humans.

My point is from a positive perspective.

If a Toyota corolla is totally sound, engine, body, gearbox and suspension it is very easy to achieve HP. I gave that guy a number of factors that would make him successful and if he sticks to it, he will be fine.

If you can consistently net 120k in a week and you have a good maintenance habit and saving habit, you don't need two years to complete the hp. You need those factors I mentioned, focus, and commitment.

A tokunbo corolla can go straight 2 months without needing anything more than an oil change. And if he uses the extended performance oil, 3 months before oil change. Let's not talk as if cars break down everyday.

At 120k a week, he owes only 35k.

Do you agree that with the remaining 85k left from that week, it is enough for him to fuel the car, eat, recharge his data and airtime and then save at least 25k weekly?

If a driver on HP can save 25k weekly, by the 12th month, he has saved 1.2m and has paid out almost 1.7m. If he decides to pay 900k to the car owner from his yearly savings, how many months do you think is left for him to complete the balance?

Don't forget the month of December.... Don't forget.

I understand that it is impossible to some drivers, but HP is very achievable if all conditions are met, especially focus and determination.

If you make 15k daily on weekdays, and 50k combined on weekends that's already 125k.

Someone like me will dust this HP but I agree that everyone doesn't have, not share my mindset.

Facts only

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 7:49pm On Feb 05, 2019
Fahrenz:
I understand you points.

No one can drive 730 days without hindrance and when I said 730 days I didn't mean it in a stretch. No one signs a contract that doesn't allow for hindrance. We are humans.

If a Toyota corolla is totally sound, engine, body, gearbox and suspension it is very easy to achieve HP. I gave that guy a number of factors that would make him successful and if he sticks to it, he will be fine.

If you can consistently net 120k in a week and you have a good maintenance habit and saving habit, you don't need two years to complete the hp. You need those factors I mentioned, focus, and commitment.

A tokunbo corolla can go straight 2 months without needing anything more than an oil change. And if he uses the extended performance oil, 3 months before oil change. Let's not talk as if cars break down everyday.

Do you agree that with the remaining 85k left from that week, it is enough for him to fuel the car, eat, recharge his data and airtime and then save at least 25k weekly?

If a driver on HP can save 25k weekly, by the 12th month, he has saved 1.2m and has paid out almost 1.7m. If he decides to pay 900k to the car owner from his yearly savings, how many months do you think is left for him to complete the balance?

I understand that it is impossible to some drivers, but HP is very achievable if all conditions are met, especially focus and determination.

If you make 15k daily on weekdays, and 50k combined on weekends that's already 125k.

Someone like me will dust this HP but I agree that everyone doesn't have, not share my mindset.

Facts only

The way you always believe in yourself is admirable bro

I like it. No homo

smiley

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 7:50pm On Feb 05, 2019
eherbal:
deedee44, I like your firm and controlled comebacks,neatly delivered and executed. those coming for you are allies or eye service merchants of the complainant,who on another thread, was questioning the authenticity of an sos posted by a member of NL.She took no prisoners ,because she discovered some discrepancies in the ' to whom it may concern' letter introducing the patients terminal condition.
She knows how to dish it but don't want to be served the same meal.thats hypocrisy or double standards, if you ask me.
An observation should not be met with defensive mien,but a constructive one. You just kinda wonder the kinda nerve touched that warranted the insults she be spewing. She's also a fraud for not paying for the service rendered even if it was inflated. Posting of unverified travels on whatever class , does not absolve her of blame. They both have criminal tedencies.

https://www.nairaland.com/4965669/name-irene-need
God bless you bro, God bless you

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MoonlightDrive: 8:00pm On Feb 05, 2019
izzou:

Dont park.

...and you zoom off...
Driving on uber should not be a nightmare experience but we are sadly being conditioned to behave like the agberos.
I too have had to zoom off this week 2 guys in yellow top approached me.
Lga touts: you are not supposed to be parked here
Me; no response (started my car)
Lga touts: we have already clamped ur car and if you move you will damage it.
Me: zoomed off.
There was no clamp.
Uber and taxify need to look into this issue.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 8:02pm On Feb 05, 2019
izzou:

Dont park.

You're very correct. I do that whenever I go to marina. Lagos island is at the bottom of the list of my preferred destinations, chest always beating when dropping off rider, especially the slow riders lol
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 8:07pm On Feb 05, 2019
aaronson:
Situation like this is the reason comprehensive insurance is always advisable. Anyways, since it's glaring they at fault. Draft a list of your repairs and how much it would all cost and let them have it before negotiation begins.
Maybe he should draft the list as you advised and wait to hear what they have to offer first, if they offer below expectation then he can hand it over. I do that with some certain offline clients and most times they pay more than what I have in mind to charge

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 8:12pm On Feb 05, 2019
aaronson:
AXA mansard insurance
I heard some insurance companies laid embargo on e-hailing cars, hope axa mansard is not one of them

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 8:13pm On Feb 05, 2019
Fahrenz:
I understand you points.

Facts only

Impossicant. Facts only

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 8:15pm On Feb 05, 2019
Fahrenz:
I understand you points.

Facts only
I'm sorry for quoting you, I hope you won't call me names this time.
Can any driver do 120k weekly consistently for a year?

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 8:16pm On Feb 05, 2019
Fahrenz:
I understand you points.

Facts only

Impossicant. Facts only

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pooozeee(m): 8:16pm On Feb 05, 2019
Honestly something is happening to the e-hailing platform, it's like some people don't want to see uber and taxify on lagos road again, a guy driving elantra lamented how 10k was swindled from him just because he parked at Cameroon road, another guy driving Nissan was almost caugh were he parked but he was able to drive off speedily and almost broke one of the guys leg, I also parked at ikoyi on a street and immediately some passers-by alerted me that a towing vehicle is coming behind, sharpaly I drove off with speed and they were trailing me from behind.
The funniest thing is that you will see some other vehicles that are not uber nor taxify parked in all those places and they are not disturbed.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:27pm On Feb 05, 2019
Fahrenz:
I understand you points.

Facts only
I forgot u make more than a million in 3 months so it won't even take u six months to dust it.
U too make mouth, dust kor, rust niii.
As if u make 120 every week, be there running mouth.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1320) (1321) (1322) (1323) (1324) (1325) (1326) ... (5698) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.