Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,571 members, 7,837,166 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4821781 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1332) (1333) (1334) (1335) (1336) (1337) (1338) ... (5707) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gobuchinny: 9:44am On Feb 07, 2019
Tgiirl:

288, 895 / 4 weeks = 72,223 - fuel = net

My point

Sir you r wrong...you are calculating for profit but he said net earnings..there are two different things...leave out the fuelling and feeding and whatever expenses..if you read his primary post on this matter he made it clear..its the same assumption I made and retracted..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 9:45am On Feb 07, 2019
Fahrenz:
you are yet to answer two questions I asked you.

Why are you dodging?

Sorry about that, I'm working and I m trying to reply each comment after dropping off my rider and the continue from where I last comment.

As for the changing of parts question. I do servicing every month and I don't change parts every week but there are week I change different parts same week probably different days within a week.. eg i had to work on my ac and changed the evaporator and ac pipes cos I noticed that any time they weld the pipes. Leakage will occur again and cost me more refilling the gas and repair.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 9:48am On Feb 07, 2019
darmilolah:
I have noticed over time that drivers only think about the fuel they will use from point A-B. They don't think about their own safety and that of the car.

Some drivers go to Ibadan for 10-15k and I just shake my head. I know for sure no sane car owner will go for that amount because he knows he will likely come back to do repair. But drivers on rental don't care. After all its the partner that will repair.

If you travel interstate bear in mind that you will likely change atleast breakpad, tie rod and ball joint. If you don't hear the noise after that trip. The noise will surely come in next one month.

What if your car break down around Sagamu and you have to tow the car. Number 1, your rider will not pay you the complete agreed sum. Now you will have to add money from your pocket to tow the car back to Lagos.

It is not every trip you jump on. What is the point going to Abuja and you don't have atleast 50k profit.

I get the point you are making, but IB for #10,000 - #15,000 is not bad. All you need do is understand the idiosyncrasies of the car you are using for the trip, and understand the roads. I do offline to Ibadan regularly for #15,000. The journey, round trip is 6 hours max, considering hold ups and stopovers. There was one I did around November last year:
1) We agreed to leave Lagos for 2:00pm, so I started my normal day hustle by 6:00am. By 1:00pm, I had like #9,000 gross. I went to pick up location behind Allen Avenue and by around 2:30pm, we were on our way.
2) I bought 20 litres of fuel for #3,000; specially for the trip. This fuel took me to and from Ibadan.
3) We got to Ibadan (Gbagi) around 5:00pm, I dropped him off and then turned around and faced Lagos.
4) Picked 3 riders, Berger, #500 each
5) Was in Berger by 8:00 pm, turned on my apps and continued work till 10:00pm. Made like #3,000 from rides.

Gross for the day - #9,000+#15,000+#3,000+#1,500 = #28,500
Expenses - fueling #6,000, feeding, calls, data #2,000
Net for the day - #20,500

This couldn't have been a bad day for an ehailing driver

13 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 9:53am On Feb 07, 2019
Fahrenz:

I dislike people who talk too much without substance.

This is my current weekly earnings without stress.

Adding the 4k offline I did yesterday i'm a bit above 51k net this week. Minimum I need is 120k. I have 69k to go in 4 days.

I will like you to bet against me making 120k this week, and then bet against me making 120k consistently for the next 8 weeks so that these talks will stop.

Smiles,

Point is : this your 48k net earnings in 4days out of 7days is not net to me as far as you 're yet to remove other spends.

Do u get fuel for free?
Yet other expenses follows..

I 've have partnered with many drivers that ve defaulted and I'm not happy about them owing me, Weekly remittance...

More reason I can never give out my car for hp.. I'll rather sell outright

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 9:56am On Feb 07, 2019
darmilolah:
[/b]

So you didn't think about possible damage on your car before you charge for that trip?

Thanks for posting this price list, I'll work with it next time and make is negotiable

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 9:59am On Feb 07, 2019
darmilolah:
I have noticed over time that drivers only think about the fuel they will use from point A-B. They don't think about their own safety and that of the car.

Some drivers go to Ibadan for 10-15k and I just shake my head. I know for sure no sane car owner will go for that amount because he knows he will likely come back to do repair. But drivers on rental don't care. After all its the partner that will repair.

If you travel interstate bear in mind that you will likely change atleast breakpad, tie rod and ball joint. If you don't hear the noise after that trip. The noise will surely come in next one month.

What if your car break down around Sagamu and you have to tow the car. Number 1, your rider will not pay you the complete agreed sum. Now you will have to add money from your pocket to tow the car back to Lagos.

It is not every trip you jump on. What is the point going to Abuja and you don't have atleast 50k profit.

Once beaten twice shy...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 10:01am On Feb 07, 2019
eghuan1:

So what's your point here?

How much did you make yesterday 6th of February? That's Tue issue not holiday period.

There wasn't surge everywhere yesterday and somebody said he made 42k yesterday.

My point:
40k is achievable If I had work all day on that particular day of festive season
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 10:07am On Feb 07, 2019
gobuchinny:

Sir you r wrong...you are calculating for profit but he said net earnings..there are two different things...leave out the fuelling and feeding and whatever expenses..if you read his primary post on this matter he made it clear..its the same assumption I made and retracted..

I'm sorry to disappoint You, net earning is the same as net profit

Please, what makes it net?

If you 're considering debuting commissions only, u 're so wrong

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by appcloner: 10:09am On Feb 07, 2019
It is very easy to start your own taxi booking app based business. Get your taxi booking business online easily using ready-made taxi app for sale. Read this blog post to learn more.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 10:14am On Feb 07, 2019
TheCar:

You have a good and solid point.

You don't need to jump fence just because people don't see things your way.

There is a saying many people take for granted, "Making Money is VERY SIMPLE, managing and multiplying money is DIFFICULT".

Just like the Bible story of Jacob & Esau.

Give a Hunter (Esau) a Forest and he would turn it to a Desert, give a Cultivator (Jacob) a Desert and he would turn it to Forest.

Nigeria has large deposits of Natural Resources but still POOR and Economical backward whereas places like Singapore and Japan, has nothing called Natural Resources but they are Rich and Economical Forward.

Don't jump fence on this discussion, you're making sense. grin grin grin
Lolxz, is it your fence?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 10:15am On Feb 07, 2019
nitigriti:

I get the point you are making, but IB for #10,000 - #15,000 is not bad. All you need do is understand the idiosyncrasies of the car you are using for the trip, and understand the roads. I do offline to Ibadan regularly for #15,000. The journey, round trip is 6 hours max, considering hold ups and stopovers. There was one I did around November last year:
1) We agreed to leave Lagos for 2:00pm, so I started my normal day hustle by 6:00am. By 1:00pm, I had like #9,000 gross. I went to pick up location behind Allen Avenue and by around 2:30pm, we were on our way.
2) I bought 20 litres of fuel for #3,000; specially for the trip. This fuel took me to and from Ibadan.
3) We got to Ibadan (Gbagi) around 5:00pm, I dropped him off and then turned around and faced Lagos.
4) Picked 3 riders, Berger, #500 each
5) Was in Berger by 8:00 pm, turned on my apps and continued work till 10:00pm. Made like #3,000 from rides.

Gross for the day - #9,000+#15,000+#3,000+#1,500 = #28,500
Expenses - fueling #6,000, feeding, calls, data #2,000
Net for the day - #20,500

This couldn't have been a bad day for an ehailing driver

Different strokes for different folks. It might not be bad for you but it is bad for me. I can consider anything from 17k for ibadan trip. Plus, I can't pick random people on the road. Alot of stories by doing that.

Besides, it's how we drivers carry ourselves that made riders see us cheap. Tiny light chatter without A/C from Ojota iwo road is 14k not to talk of my car with a/C.

I am not cheap. I will rather do within Lagos than do interstate that will not fix my car damage.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pooozeee(m): 10:21am On Feb 07, 2019
BanjiHols:
Experienced Uber driver with good score needed immediately for a camry 2006 model.Driver must reside around Ikotun/Ejigbo, lagos. Rent (30k no stories)Call 08181470974

Since you don't want story then drive it your self

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 10:25am On Feb 07, 2019
pooozeee:

Since you don't want story then drive it your self

Easy sir. The message should have been 30k is much for Camry.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gobuchinny: 10:31am On Feb 07, 2019
Tgiirl:

Sir net earning on the platform is less commissions and gross earning includes commissions ie on the platform's financial analysis (for uber/taxify reconciliation purposes only)

However, the gross earnings for a driver will be less the cost of production in this case fueling that brought about that particular sales but net earning will be less ALL expenses including fuelling feeding et al..

The analysis above is for proper financial statement however for simplicity, gross earning for driver will just be the net earning showing on the platform but actual net will be less ALL expenses..

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 10:35am On Feb 07, 2019
darmilolah:

Different strokes for different folks. It might not be bad for you but it is bad for me. I can consider anything from 17k for ibadan trip. Plus, I can't pick random people on the road. Alot of stories by doing that.

Besides, it's how we drivers carry ourselves that made riders see us cheap. Tiny light chatter without A/C from Ojota iwo road is 14k not to talk of my car with a/C.

I am not cheap. I will rather do within Lagos than do interstate that will not fix my car damage.

If you go steady at 80km to 100km per hour on the rough portions of the Lagos Ibadan Expressway, your car would be fine.
Also, per tiny light charter without A/C for #14,000; please understand that their business model is different from ours. That man can go for days without regular charter trips, so he has to maximize the few trips he gets. For us ehailing drivers, our time on the road is the most important consideration. A good ehailing driver should gross #1,500 per hour on the road. If an Ibadan offline trip is giving me #2,750 per hour, with little or no risk, then I'm good to go

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eghuan1(m): 10:37am On Feb 07, 2019
Tgiirl:

My point:
40k is achievable If I had work all day on that particular day of festive season

What about normal days like today or yesterday which was the focus of the discuss
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Fahrenz: 10:50am On Feb 07, 2019
Tgiirl:

so when taxify is showing you your net earnings in the app, they have automatically known that you will spend 30k on fuel and 20k on feeding for that week?

You people argue like bats

120k net earnings is 120k

When you now start doing your minus, that's your business. We can both be driving a corolla and we would never spend the same amount On fuel or we would never spend the same amount on food or data. Stop telling me how much will be left for me. You aren't in my pocket.

Stop forcing your weekly expenses On me. It's fallacious.

If 10 people are each given 120k right now, they will spend it differently. Your calculations are for you alone. Making 120k after taxify/uber commission has always been the forte of my argument and I remain on it.

Making 120k after commission is beans. How you spend it, your business.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SwayB(m): 11:12am On Feb 07, 2019
Fahrenz:
I drive a 2005 corolla. Bought it in octoBer

Ok. Cool.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mistadayo(m): 11:16am On Feb 07, 2019
After setting out around 5am from ajah. Got a trip to magodo from Abraham adesanya. Got to magodo around 6am. 3500 was my fare. I didn't see trip until I drove to airport around 8.30am. Waited for 50min... When the request came in, it was a man going to egbeda. Wanted to cancel it. But my church mind said don't. Na so we start to they go. Got to egbeda and it was 2500. The man said I should end the trip that I would be taking him back to airport hotel on offline trip. When we got to airport hotel, na so the man count 10k give me. Ummmm. Good stuff.

14 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nameo: 11:31am On Feb 07, 2019
Are you a registered Uber or Taxify driver?
Do you live around Ajah or nearby these areas?
Do you have a valid Driver's license?
Are you neat and careful with cars?
Are you looking for a partner whose car you can work with?
Are you dedicated enough to meet up with weekly payments?
Are you available to start immediately?
If your answer to these questions is YES
Please drop your number below, you will be contacted immediately,
or send a PM.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stealth100: 12:54pm On Feb 07, 2019
eherbal:
this is not a curse,but your neighbor can not be successful in the business because he's a dishonest man. Dishonesty and greed are of no worth or value. Its like a basket by the river side,you see it's wet , but it will never retain water. I just started last week,and honestly,I've not been making much, the car is due for service,and I'm broke,but I'm learning from every shortfall. I didn't allow my situation lead me to temptation, because I know good times are ahead, Insha Allah.

Say this to the Tinubus, Sarakis, Obanikoros of this world. Life is never black and/or white

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Delaw2011(f): 1:07pm On Feb 07, 2019
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 1:13pm On Feb 07, 2019
mistadayo:
After setting out around 5am from ajah. Got a trip to magodo from Abraham adesanya. Got to magodo around 6am. 3500 was my fare. I didn't see trip until I drove to airport around 8.30am. Waited for 50min... When the request came in, it was a man going to egbeda. Wanted to cancel it. But my church mind said don't. Na so we start to they go. Got to egbeda and it was 2500. The man said I should end the trip that I would be taking him back to airport hotel on offline trip. When we got to airport hotel, na so the man count 10k give me. Ummmm. Good stuff.

Congratulations... I celebrate today wit u

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Fahrenz: 1:18pm On Feb 07, 2019
mistadayo:
some will say you shouldn't add that 10k to your cumulative earnings for the week.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jaybim: 1:29pm On Feb 07, 2019
Been incognito on this thread for about 9 months. Learnt a lot on here before i started driving on both platforms, read from page 1.
I'm proud to say that i have NEVER defaulted in my rent from day 1.
Have i had to use my money to pay rent? YES, because my integrity is sacrosanct to me
Towards the end of 2018 I resolved to never pay out of my pocket again. So i set targets for myself, at least 15k everyday after commissions. I used to do 3k daily for fuel, that's 20ltrs cos my car did 10km to 1ltr. If I passed this allocation then i should have made more than 15k. When lagos traffic became hell late last year, it went up to between 4 and 5k...my car's efficiency has also dropped by 1 or 2kms depending on hpw much traffic i sit in (it's terrible in traffic or idling I don't know why, Cc Gazzuz)
5k is set aside for my landlord 5k for me...the rest goes to feeding etc.
I buy 200 credit like every other day.
At the beginning of the week 3 credit my e-tag with 3k (remember that the excess accumulates)
data is like every other week as well.1.5gb 9mobile at 1200, almost Strictly for work. Regular use data na glo,2k or 2k5 every month.
Feeding allocation is 1k on a regular day. I don't eat just anywhere i see food. 3h bread and beans at alagomeji or 5h rice plantain and turkey or goat meat from Cyril @ Haruna near Gazzuz or 4h fufu at yesufu sanusi in surulere or i do 5h or 8h chicken Republic or 850 @ The Place. I buy bread whenever I'm around Blenco Supermarket or any fine bread i trust... I keep it in the car for quickies. Nowadays I always leave the house with 2 boiled eggs and i have butter in the car as well.
I cut out car wash, that's only once in a while now, i wash the car myself.
Cumulatively I've paid around 45k to lastma and police
Bought 3 phones Galaxy s5 30k(screen spoilt, 25k to fix it so i blank am), Lg g5 35k (stolen a few weeks later at a wedding) LG G5 32k(still balling)
Since the xmas gbem I've only missed 100k after commissions once.
Took the 1st 2 weeks of the year to rest, should have travelled but bae was busy so i gifted her an iphone with the holiday money.
I've hit it thereafter, my worst week has been 91k after comms.
I'll say many guys here inspired me to up my game coz i was damn lazy, once landlord money complete i go begin play, but now i grind like a hungry mofo.
Savings has improved too. Any money that gets home with me is left at home, any money transfer stays in the account, I only buy 1k or 1.5k to start the next day if I'm crashing at home, if na my bro place for lekki I buy my regular 3k from Oando at 4th roundabout.
Farenz is an inspiration cos he's shown that its possible.
I'm not greedy, I still chill, mondays or Wednesday na movie day with bae so either half day or no work at all. She loves Coldstone as well so we must chop BOGOF.
Many guys on here complain daily but na this lagos me sef de o. I drive past long lines of drivers at billings way, ajiran, that circle mall road and i come out with rider, they arestill there. Maybe they just chilling as per man no be wood I'on know, but there's a time value of money. See as guys de complain about January...hmmmmmmm
I'm still learning though, efficiency can still be improved.
On the strike day (which i don't support) I picked a G-boy Ologolo to ibafo and back 1.7 surge about 5hrs 20k+... But, na babalawo the boy go. After he came out, him and the aafa enter say make we go that redeemed camp side.. needless to say my balls don drop finish. I kept praying and saying my hail Marys in my mind. Na so dem say make i stop near 1 small bridge dem com enter inside bush. I use style come out to survey the area. After they came, everything else went without event, bobo transfer my money.

In as much as the number of rides has increased i also think the number of riders has as well, considering the number of 5star riders i pick weekly. Guys business is a numbers game. Lagos has roughly 20 million peeps, riders dey. How many rides do u even do in a day? 10, 15, 20? Thats like an average of 10k (hypothetically speaking) so whats the whole fuss.
People de diss uber but when taxify did lite and comfort they stylishly dropped their prices but una no see am. How many of y'all raised it here? Can't remember anybody doing so but una wan kill farenz that day...what they did was simple sleight of hand. Now uber matched them at 15% commission some folks here still didn't know.
It's not all about driving and coming online to talk smack. Some of y'all have a crazy entitlement mindset, u want landlord to reduce rent, you want uber to increase fare... If person advertise 35k here una go abuse am. Y'all need to understand what a free market is and how it operates. I'm on 35k weekly with no wahala because I wasn't forced into it neither am i forced to stay in it. If e no pay me again i leave.No hard feelings.
And we can disagree without the insults and bashing.

As an aside, the grammar people write on this thread is appalling. Chixox...like wtf?
...and its HIRE PURCHASE... NOT HIGHER or High Or Haya... How can you succeed in a partnership when you don't even know what the agreement is?

19 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Fahrenz: 1:42pm On Feb 07, 2019
jaybim:
Been incognito on this thread for about 9 months. Learnt a lot on here before i started driving on both platforms, read from page 1.
I'm proud to say that i have NEVER defaulted in my rent from day 1.
Have i had to use my money to pay rent? YES, because my integrity is sacrosanct to me
Towards the end of 2018 I resolved to never pay out of my pocket again. So i set targets for myself, at least 15k everyday after commissions. I used to do 3k daily for fuel, that's 20ltrs cos my car did 10km to 1ltr. If I passed this allocation then i should have made more than 15k. When lagos traffic became hell late last year, it went up to between 4 and 5k...my car's efficiency has also dropped by 1 or 2kms depending on hpw much traffic i sit in (it's terrible in traffic or idling I don't know why, Cc Gazzuz)
5k is set aside for my landlord 5k for me...the rest goes to feeding etc.
I buy 200 credit like every other day.
At the beginning of the week 3 credit my e-tag with 3k (remember that the excess accumulates)
data is like every other week as well.1.5gb 9mobile at 1200, almost Strictly for work. Regular use data na glo,2k or 2k5 every month.
Feeding allocation is 1k on a regular day. I don't eat just anywhere i see food. 3h bread and beans at alagomeji or 5h rice plantain and turkey or goat meat from Cyril @ Haruna near Gazzuz or 4h fufu at yesufu sanusi in surulere or i do 5h or 8h chicken Republic or 850 @ The Place. I buy bread whenever I'm around Blenco Supermarket or any fine bread i trust... I keep it in the car for quickies. Nowadays I always leave the house with 2 boiled eggs and i have butter in the car as well.
I cut out car wash, that's only once in a while now, i wash the car myself.
Cumulatively I've paid around 45k to lastma and police
Bought 3 phones Galaxy s5 30k(screen spoilt, 25k to fix it so i blank am), Lg g5 35k (stolen a few weeks later at a wedding) LG G5 32k(still balling)
Since the xmas gbem I've only missed 100k after commissions once.
Took the 1st 2 weeks of the year to rest, should have travelled but bae was busy so i gifted her an iphone with the holiday money.
I've hit it thereafter, my worst week has been 91k after comms.
I'll say many guys here inspired me to up my game coz i was damn lazy, once landlord money complete i go begin play, but now i grind like a hungry mofo.
Savings has improved too. Any money that gets home with me is left at home, any money transfer stays in the account, I only buy 1k or 1.5k to start the next day if I'm crashing at home, if na my bro place for lekki I buy my regular 3k from Oando at 4th roundabout.
Farenz is an inspiration cos he's shown that its possible.
I'm not greedy, I still chill, mondays or Wednesday na movie day with bae so either half day or no work at all. She loves Coldstone as well so we must chop BOGOF.
Many guys on here complain daily but na this lagos me sef de o. I drive past long lines of drivers at billings way, ajiran, that circle mall road and i come out with rider, they arestill there. Maybe they just chilling as per man no be wood I'on know, but there's a time value of money. See as guys de complain about January...hmmmmmmm
I'm still learning though, efficiency can still be improved.
On the strike day (which i don't support) I picked a G-boy Ologolo to ibafo and back 1.7 surge about 5hrs 20k+... But, na babalawo the boy go. After he came out, him and the aafa enter say make we go that redeemed camp side.. needless to say my balls don drop finish. I kept praying and saying my hail Marys in my mind. Na so dem say make i stop near 1 small bridge dem com enter inside bush. I use style come out to survey the area. After they came, everything else went without event, bobo transfer my money.

In as much as the number of rides has increased i also think the number of riders has as well, considering the number of 5star riders i pick weekly. Guys business is a numbers game. Lagos has roughly 20 million peeps, riders dey. How many rides do u even do in a day? 10, 15, 20? Thats like an average of 10k (hypothetically speaking) so whats the whole fuss.
People de diss uber but when taxify did lite and comfort they stylishly dropped their prices but una no see am. How many of y'all raised it here? Can't remember anybody doing so but una wan kill farenz that day...what they did was simple sleight of hand. Now uber matched them at 15% commission some folks here still didn't know.
It's not all about driving and coming online to talk smack. Some of y'all have a crazy entitlement mindset, u want landlord to reduce rent, you want uber to increase fare... If person advertise 35k here una go abuse am. Y'all need to understand what a free market is and how it operates. I'm on 35k weekly with no wahala because I wasn't forced into it neither am i forced to stay in it. If e no pay me again i leave.No hard feelings.
And we can disagree without the insults and bashing.

As an aside, the grammar people write on this thread is appalling. Chixox...like wtf?
...and its HIRE PURCHASE... NOT HIGHER or High Or Haya... How can you succeed in a partnership when you don't even know what the agreement is?
^
They will start doing minus for you now. They will minus the money you spent on all phones, plus money you spent on ice cream for Bae, and then give you your "real" net...

Jokers.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by busayo2uk: 1:45pm On Feb 07, 2019
You are only taking into consideration those things you can calculate.

What about factors beyond your control such as:

- sickness on the part of the driver and being unable to drive.
- damage to the car that will require a huge amount and would not allow driver to work for few days.
- Yanking off by UBER or Taxify due to low rating or any other offence.
- for anyone to put a car for HP, am sure that car wld have seen better days -- there is hardly anyone who can buy a chacha car and give it out on HP.
- bad weather, especially during raining season

So you can now see that you can hardly project income.

Fahrenz:
I understand you points.
HP is not for everyone but that doesn't mean it won't work.

No one can drive 730 days without hindrance and when I said 730 days I didn't mean it in a stretch. No one signs a contract that doesn't allow for hindrance. We are humans.

My point is from a positive perspective.

If a Toyota corolla is totally sound, engine, body, gearbox and suspension it is very easy to achieve HP. I gave that guy a number of factors that would make him successful and if he sticks to it, he will be fine.

If you can consistently net 120k in a week and you have a good maintenance habit and saving habit, you don't need two years to complete the hp. You need those factors I mentioned, focus, and commitment.

A tokunbo corolla can go straight 2 months without needing anything more than an oil change. And if he uses the extended performance oil, 3 months before oil change. Let's not talk as if cars break down everyday.

At 120k a week, he owes only 35k.

Do you agree that with the remaining 85k left from that week, it is enough for him to fuel the car, eat, recharge his data and airtime and then save at least 25k weekly?

If a driver on HP can save 25k weekly, by the 12th month, he has saved 1.2m and has paid out almost 1.7m. If he decides to pay 900k to the car owner from his yearly savings, how many months do you think is left for him to complete the balance?

Don't forget the month of December.... Don't forget.

I understand that it is impossible to some drivers, but HP is very achievable if all conditions are met, especially focus and determination.

If you make 15k daily on weekdays, and 50k combined on weekends that's already 125k.

Someone like me will dust this HP but I agree that everyone doesn't have, not share my mindset.

Facts only

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 1:46pm On Feb 07, 2019
mistadayo:
Nice testimony, so have u paid ur tithe?
Where are those arguing me yesterday when I said VGC to airport early morning should be around 3k plus? Oya come and confirm it life.
I know what I am saying just that I hate shaking things especially when a lot of people are on it.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 1:47pm On Feb 07, 2019
Stealth100:

Say this to the Tinubus, Sarakis, Obanikoros of this world. Life is never black and/or white
Ask him if Taxify and co are even honest? They dupe riders and drivers too.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Fahrenz: 1:47pm On Feb 07, 2019
busayo2uk:
You are only taking into consideration those things you can calculate.

What about factors beyond your control such as:

- sickness on the part of the driver and being unable to drive.
- damage to the car that will require a huge amount and would not allow driver to work for few days.
- Yanking off by UBER or Taxify due to low rating or any other offence.
- for anyone to put a car for HP, am sure that car wld have seen better days -- [b]there is hardly anyone who can buy a chacha car and give it out on HP[.
- bad weather, especially during raining season

So you can now see that you can hardly project income.

baba, there are a lot of "if" in my write up. I have met all those conditions personally.

And there is a cha-cha corolla few pages back on hp
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Fahrenz: 1:50pm On Feb 07, 2019
Gentlelife50:

Nice testimony, so have u paid ur tithe?
Where are those arguing me yesterday when I said VGC to airport early morning should be around 3k plus? Oya come and confirm it life.
I know what I am saying just that I hate shaking things especially when a lot of people are on it.
calm your self.

There is difference in price between taxify and taxify lite.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Fahrenz: 1:56pm On Feb 07, 2019
I just tried to place a request now from VGC to the airport.

Of course, taxify lite has the cheaper price. But if you say you had a higher price that what they think is obtainable, they will scream fraud, without prior consideration to the fact that the rider might have selected taxify, instead of taxify lite.

Too daft.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1332) (1333) (1334) (1335) (1336) (1337) (1338) ... (5707) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 208
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.