Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,753 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1347) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4744095 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1344) (1345) (1346) (1347) (1348) (1349) (1350) ... (5690) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by acevic: 4:12pm On Feb 11, 2019
pooozeee:
[b]The request came in around 11:45am today, I accepted it and drove off to the pickup location upon my arrival, my rider to pickup was completely naked as in no bra, no panties and no cloths on her, 2 other women in her company said pls allow her in ur vehicle and let's drive to area G police station, it was a dangerous case, I rejected and said no way I can never drive in such condition then the two women in the naked woman's company brought out their ID and said police dectective, your are obliged to obey and drive off to the police station as we av a very serious criminal case to handle, you are however mandated to obey our command as your service is urgently required by the Nigerian law
I said thank God I am not in trouble today they all came in and I drove off, while on the trip I informed all my riders that by uber law, no one should be allowed into my vehicle in such condition most especially when I feel unsafe to drive my rider to their destination
They all kept quiet no comment, after I ended the trip, the pay was 900 NAIRA, the detective just gave me 1,500 and said you are free to leave now, upon reaching the station gate, I heard a very loud gunshot gbosha gbosha gbosha 3ice, I looked back and I saw the woman arrested already dead on the floor...
[/b]

For real?

This is Nigeria!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by medd422: 4:13pm On Feb 11, 2019
pooozeee:
[b]The request came in around 11:45am today, I accepted it and drove off to the pickup location upon my arrival, my rider to pickup was completely naked as in no bra, no panties and no cloths on her, 2 other women in her company said pls allow her in ur vehicle and let's drive to area G police station, it was a dangerous case, I rejected and said no way I can never drive in such condition then the two women in the naked woman's company brought out their ID and said police dectective, your are obliged to obey and drive off to the police station as we av a very serious criminal case to handle, you are however mandated to obey our command as your service is urgently required by the Nigerian law
I said thank God I am not in trouble today they all came in and I drove off, while on the trip I informed all my riders that by uber law, no one should be allowed into my vehicle in such condition most especially when I feel unsafe to drive my rider to their destination
They all kept quiet no comment, after I ended the trip, the pay was 900 NAIRA, the detective just gave me 1,500 and said you are free to leave now, upon reaching the station gate, I heard a very loud gunshot gbosha gbosha gbosha 3ice, I looked back and I saw the woman arrested already dead on the floor...
[/b]

This one loud oh
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gobuchinny: 4:18pm On Feb 11, 2019
pooozeee:
[/b]

shocked na wa oo
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peacefulhome(f): 4:42pm On Feb 11, 2019
pooozeee:
[/b]
.Ha!!!!!!! Only in Naija

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 5:14pm On Feb 11, 2019
pooozeee:
[/b]
Is she related to Sadam Usain or Osama or Evans, to have been shoot without trial. Nawao

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by uchemac2: 5:18pm On Feb 11, 2019
pooozeee:
[/b]

Is it the officers that shot her? shocked
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 5:19pm On Feb 11, 2019
pooozeee:
[/b]
I am tired.. No trial! No fair hearing! Just a summary execution like a roach. Nigeria is a zoo indeed. I am sure they will probably sell the cadaver for 50k as usual and call it a day..then keep on posting friends/family that the 'suspect' has been transferred to another location for further 'investigations'. With each passing day, i see more reasons to run away from here.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 5:23pm On Feb 11, 2019
pooozeee:
[/b]

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Oluwabengz(m): 5:25pm On Feb 11, 2019
medd422:

This one loud oh

Gan!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 5:29pm On Feb 11, 2019
Sounds like a bad movie
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 5:46pm On Feb 11, 2019
I don't wanna believe this story.like seriously?
In another news ,I was well sorted by apkororo for a job well done yesterday. Just a quickie of about 8 kilometers, the guy make me smile smiley
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 5:51pm On Feb 11, 2019
pooozeee:
leave now, upon reaching the station gate, I heard a very loud gunshot gbosha gbosha gbosha 3ice, I looked back and I saw the woman arrested already dead on the floor...

chairman!!!!! I hail thee, this salt and pepper is too much na grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pooozeee(m): 5:56pm On Feb 11, 2019
franksam2009:
chairman!!!!! I hail thee, this salt and pepper is too much na grin grin grin

Later I heard it was a kidnapping case in which a ransom of about 50million was paid, so the lady was tracked down but her fellow syndicate has not been arrested yet
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pooozeee(m): 6:05pm On Feb 11, 2019
Next request took me to the airport were we av airpeace after dropping off my rider then I was driving out so I spotted either an uber or a taxify driver parked at one side then about two other airport guys running maliciously towards the guy's point as soon as the driver noticed their movement, he was almost zooming off when those guys clamped down his tire, I laffed and said in my mind u Don enter their trap today, the driver was now showing them his phone, may b he was trying to proof his point why he parked for few seconds. If u are that guy and u are here on this thread please leave a message let's hear from you

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by medd422: 6:05pm On Feb 11, 2019
pooozeee:

Later I heard it was a kidnapping case in which a ransome of about 50million was paid, so the lady was tracked down but her fellow syndicate has not been arrested yet

Yea, only kidnappers and armed robbers are treated like that. Seen something like that at Ajuwon police station before
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tyche(m): 6:38pm On Feb 11, 2019
pooozeee:
[/b]

Jeez

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cross8701: 6:55pm On Feb 11, 2019
pooozeee:
[/b]

Am just going to come out straight and say you are lying or very list embellished the truth.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Oluwabengz(m): 7:01pm On Feb 11, 2019
cross8701:

Am just going to come out straight and say you are lying or very list embellished the truth.

I think the suspect was shot on her legs as usually done to criminals by the police. If she was gonna be executed extrajudicially, I don't think it will be done in the open.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 7:04pm On Feb 11, 2019
ifyeez:
@Tgiirl There's nothing like Samsung note 5 edge, think again, maybe you bought a Samsung note edge, which is the one with edge screen of Note 4.
Am very sure, coz I used Samsung note 5, it was an excellent/beautiful phone, it was the last Samsung phone I used and said am not going back to samsung.
The phone had battery issues, so I went to get a new battery for it, then the phone engineers did not know how remove the battery coz it was a sealed battery and was new then, while trying to remove the battery they burnt the screen with there heater, I went to price screen and I was told it was 110k for just the screen, I just sold the phone there for 30k and bought iphone and went home.

Its the same samsung note 5. The back got egde.. plain front
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Megadrop: 8:31pm On Feb 11, 2019
Smart guy, that trip would have simply gotten you a one star rating. Run while you still can
ifyeez:
These remind me, of one request I got sometime last year, got to pick up location, called the lady that I have arrived, she came out after 15min of my arrival, by then I had already put off my engine and AC, she got in, I wanted to start the car and start the trip, she said my friend is coming too, so I did not start the car again, she started complaining that I should put on the AC as the car is so hot, I told her that means am starting the trip, she said no don't start the trip, just put on the AC first so when her friend comes out, I will start trip, I refused, she was just murmuring Nawao this kind of driver self, she could not talk to me, I knew 1 star awaited me after the trip, waited like extra 5min, I told her am cancelling as I can't continue waiting for her friend, she said oya start the trip, I looked at her and am not going infact request another ride,
coz I have cancelled, you can't come and spoil my rating tongue tongue embarassed tongue

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 9:00pm On Feb 11, 2019
Megadrop:
Smart guy, that trip would have simply gotten you a one star rating. Run while you still can
Am too old on the platform to allow such rider spoil my rating grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 9:14pm On Feb 11, 2019
Some investors are still on last year page(s) where partners were all demanding for security deposit aka assurance grin grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:32pm On Feb 11, 2019
pooozeee:
[/b]

no one died or was shot in area G so far this week. Your lie strong o! Meanwhile area G is in ogba my backyard.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Richdee1(m): 9:40pm On Feb 11, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

no one died or was shot in area G so far this week. Your lie strong o! Meanwhile area G is in ogba my backyard.

Grin grin grin!!..
Exposed
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:44pm On Feb 11, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

No, you're wrong

Remember that time you went to buy oil filters and brake pads?

That's the time it happened cool

13 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ghost1994: 9:46pm On Feb 11, 2019

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pooozeee(m): 9:59pm On Feb 11, 2019
pooozeee:
[/b]

Mumu people, Let the Dog die b4 you berry it....
Anyway that was my dream when I parked at MM2 today waiting for request....

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hazvat(f): 10:20pm On Feb 11, 2019
I use the same phone. The GPS is really bad but I don't get figures like you got . Pls which phone are you using now? And how much did you add or save from the new phone?
Tgiirl:

Its samsung note 5 egde. And i don go computer village go swap am. Cos the phone gps dey malfunction...

A day before i change the phone;

Picked up a rider from ligali ayorinde going to oshodi... on getting to ikoyi i decided to check n calculate the price cos i couldnt find the car on the app, like it totally disappeared.

It displayed 6,300naira and suddenly my car appear in sangotedo on the app.. omo! No one told me to end the trip before i responded swiping the "end trip" and left it for confirmation till we reach destination

While pondering on what to tell the rider at the end of trip, we hit a mad traffic that lasted about 2hours and i begin to regret endjng the trip

Unexpectedly, the rider received a call and told me to take him back to VI.

Me: oops, i mistakenly end the trip. Gosh!

Rider: how much is it?

Me: 6300 sir ( showing him my phone)

Rider: so how much will u charge to take me back or should i request again?

Me: the same amount (with a smile on my face)

Rider: no. the road will be free coming back,

Anyways we got to his is finally destination and he paid 10k

My action : collected the cash, put off the app, head home straight, only to wake up the next day to go change my phone... i dont want wahala

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by neezar: 10:22pm On Feb 11, 2019
Hahaha busted
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Yakpa(m): 10:31pm On Feb 11, 2019
Lol. Not at all. Let’s do business
Oluwabengz:

Now that you are scaring away prospective drivers way nko grin grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by friffy: 10:31pm On Feb 11, 2019
I need a car for Hire Purchase on Uber/Taxify.Please call @ 08102555210. I promise you will enjoy doing biz with me...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by segzyndpep(m): 10:35pm On Feb 11, 2019
darmilolah:

Insurance
Road worthiness
Driver licence if you are driver-partner.

As for the TIN as required by uber. You can get the number from the Tax regulatory body or go the other way like every driver.
Please share the other way sir.my whatsapp number

(1) (2) (3) ... (1344) (1345) (1346) (1347) (1348) (1349) (1350) ... (5690) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Djdamian(m), dharmie13(f), GeneralZodd(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.