Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1372) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4750699 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1369) (1370) (1371) (1372) (1373) (1374) (1375) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 7:22am On Feb 25, 2019
curryANDtyme:
@ifyeez.. Thanks, he's indeed a nice uncle, he said the 45k I'll be giving him monthly is just incase the car needs any repairs, to me, it's as if he's giving me his car to use for free... And I plan on using the car with respect...
God bless your uncle real good,and bless his family too. In my opinion, I think he just dashed out the car to you.the remittance is to show your commitment and seriousness,since the same remittance,will be ploughed back to the car in case of repairs and other things like Lastma, local government, and airport goons.
Pls try to save heavy ,as you're still a bachelor and as someone rightly said here, you might eventually meet your helper. You'd be surprised how wealthy and connected your riders are.ive met many, and very sure many graduate drivers are employed through their ridesrs.
You can also show gratitude to your uncle by buying stuffs for him, his wife and kids No matter insignificant, I tell you, it counts. Congratulations, and welcome onboard. Best of luck smiley

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Hondo007: 7:34am On Feb 25, 2019
Guys please is a Camry 07/08 economical in terms of fuel consumption for uber?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 8:05am On Feb 25, 2019
Good morning house, please I need two (2) favours from you guys today.
1. Pls where can I get an original toyota type II gear oil and how much will it cost.

2. Pls where can I get a good front shocks absorbers for a corolla 03 (tokunbo) and how much will it cost.

Thanks in adv.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 8:16am On Feb 25, 2019
curryANDtyme:
Hello house, just to seek ur opinions... Since I finished nysc and I'm not employed yet.. My Uncle said instead of sitting at home, that he can give me his Toyota Camry '05 (which is not faulty, it's just his second car and just parked at home) to use for ehailing but I will be remitting 45k monthly (not weekly oo) since i'm family... I want to ask, with the way market is... Can I deliver 45k monthly (11k weekly) and still have something reasonable to myself?... Please your advices will be highly appreciated
good offer bro, I started with something like that about a year ago, my struggle was I didn't know Lagos well, I was a newbie to driving and driving in Lagos, so I fell into police, lastma, airport, cbd and even local gov. Council guys, bad roads, and bad areas which almost other uber/taxify driver will reject going to.
which gave me a set back, but fast forward 10months I was able to get a place for my self and settle down and am 5% away from owning the car.
Stay focus its not easy but you can do it, your safety is very important, and always follow your instint don't over stress the car so it serve you better and longer, make sure u service when due and always follow this tread for advice and help.
Goodluck

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CarGuideNG: 8:22am On Feb 25, 2019

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Kennyjay1: 8:43am On Feb 25, 2019
please I want to know what time is the training @ uber office??
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 8:47am On Feb 25, 2019
curryANDtyme:
Hello house, just to seek ur opinions... Since I finished nysc and I'm not employed yet.. My Uncle said instead of sitting at home, that he can give me his Toyota Camry '05 (which is not faulty, it's just his second car and just parked at home) to use for ehailing but I will be remitting 45k monthly (not weekly oo) since i'm family... I want to ask, with the way market is... Can I deliver 45k monthly (11k weekly) and still have something reasonable to myself?... Please your advices will be highly appreciated

Go ahead.. too good to be true offer.

Just save 2k daily for 6 day in a week. And the excesses is yours

Learn to save your excesses as well, it will bail you out in the nearest future

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 8:52am On Feb 25, 2019
umall41:
Greetings to you my oga, plz I av offer of Toyota Matrix 2005 for 1.8 million on higher purchase from a friend, to be use on uber /taxify platform. We have not finalized on payback period,
But I want to know from my oga is, if it's a good deal and how much will it be ok to payback monthly and how long do you think I will be able to pay back the whole money . Plz said advise, thanks.

If car not faulty and in good condition to run ehailing. Deal...

Note: 80k monthly will help u not to default. .. anything above that is achievable but wont give room for maintenence of ur vehicle

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:57am On Feb 25, 2019
Mjosh1000:
Good morning house, please I need two (2) favours from you guys today.
1. Pls where can I get an original toyota type II gear oil and how much will it cost.

2. Pls where can I get a good front shocks absorbers for a corolla 03 (tokunbo) and how much will it cost.

Thanks in adv.

for any recent toyota you are better off with toyota W.S which replaced the type IV.

Toks shocks are by and large a scam, better to buy new kyb shocks from japan.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 9:32am On Feb 25, 2019
Can you recommend where I can buy original [quote author=GAZZUZZ post=76098106]

[color=#770077]for any recent toyota you are better off with toyota W.S which replaced the type IV.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:04am On Feb 25, 2019
Mjosh1000:
Can you recommend where I can buy original

In my place. you can call 08033910382

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 10:13am On Feb 25, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

In my place. you can call 08033910382
Okay will give u a call asap
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by segzyndpep(m): 10:16am On Feb 25, 2019
Mjosh1000:
good offer bro, I started with something like that about a year ago, my struggle was I didn't know Lagos well, I was a newbie to driving and driving in Lagos, so I fell into police, lastma, airport, cbd and even local gov. Council guys, bad roads, and bad areas which almost other uber/taxify driver will reject going to.
which gave me a set back, but fast forward 10months I was able to get a place for my self and settle down and am 5% away from owning the car.
Stay focus its not easy but you can do it, your safety is very important, and always follow your instint don't over stress the car so it serve you better and longer, make sure u service when due and always follow this tread for advice and help.
Goodluck

Please what are the major issue a newbie can have with Lastma, local government, and airport goons and police as stated sir?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 10:24am On Feb 25, 2019
segzyndpep:

Please what are the major issue a newbie can have with Lastma, local government, and airport goons and police as stated sir?

Obey traffic laws. Use your seatbelt even if you're driving from your parlour to your gate.

Obey traffic lights. Even if others are beating it and nothing is happening, wait till it greens

Look out for traffic signs, especially in areas like Yaba, Lagos Island, Victoria Island, Ikoyi, Somolu and others... If you are not sure if somewhere is a one-way, ask your rider or ask people around. Always be eager to ask..

Do not feel comfortable to park anywhere, unless in streets, or bus stops..

Also read up this thread to get more info about places like Airports, Ikoyi passport office and some beaches and estates.. Some areas have their own special madness

And yes, you may be caught at some point, but don't let that discourage you. Even experienced drivers were caught at some point in their life

You'll be fine smiley

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sholmz: 10:25am On Feb 25, 2019
Need a driver to drive toyota corolla 2006 & Tokunbo Camry 2008 for uber and taxify for rental basis of 35k/week intrested candidates should call or WhatsApp 08080808286
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by segzyndpep(m): 11:28am On Feb 25, 2019
izzou:

Obey traffic laws. Use your seatbelt even if you're driving from your parlour to your gate.

Obey traffic lights. Even if others are beating it and nothing is happening, wait till it greens

Look out for traffic signs, especially in areas like Yaba, Lagos Island, Victoria Island, Ikoyi, Somolu and others... If you are not sure if somewhere is a one-way, ask your rider or ask people around. Always be eager to ask..

Do not feel comfortable to park anywhere, unless in streets, or bus stops..

Also read up this thread to get more info about places like Airports, Ikoyi passport office and some beaches and estates.. Some areas have their own special madness

And yes, you may be caught at some point, but don't let that discourage you. Even experienced drivers were caught at some point in their life

You'll be fine smiley

God bless you sir

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Hondo007: 11:48am On Feb 25, 2019
Hondo007:
Guys please is a Camry 07/08 economical in terms of fuel consumption for uber?

Please i need you guys opinion on this?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by segzyndpep(m): 11:57am On Feb 25, 2019
Hondo007:

Well i have used the 08 camry before but for personal use not for ehailing.It consume more fuel than the likes of corolla and 2005 camry even more than lexus es330.
If ehailing is your side hustle or you do not have any other option for now then you can use it but know you will spend more on fuel.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by umall41(m): 12:02pm On Feb 25, 2019
umall41:
Greetings to you my oga, plz I av offer of Toyota Matrix 2005 for 1.8 million on higher purchase from a friend, to be use on uber /taxify platform. We have not finalized on payback period,
But I want to know from my oga is, if it's a good deal and how much will it be ok to payback monthly and how long do you think I will be able to pay back the whole money . Plz said advise, thanks.

Thanks my ogaz madam, I appreciate your quick response, the car is a tokunbo never been used in Nigeria, so I don't expect problem with the car, but at the same time I will need a good mechanic for recommendation along isolo, okota Oke afa axis.
As per the payment period, I will try bargain for a year and half. But will keep you posted.
Deedee44, Nilade, and Tgirl and all ogaz yet to comment thanks
God bless our hustle.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Joseph4dlord08: 12:23pm On Feb 25, 2019
Well, for a car owner it's still manageable but for a renter it is not at the same time it depends on the weekly charge to rent the car. It's dicey but to an extent it's still ok, but try to bargain for less than 25k per week and then make sure it's a tokunbo so you'll enjoy it. Don't agree to pay more than 25k and if possible 20k.
Hondo007:

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by waks1(m): 12:26pm On Feb 25, 2019
eherbal:
pics pls
here.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emsco(m): 1:03pm On Feb 25, 2019
pls guys help me with this.How do I know if my car is ready for business after uploading all the required documents on my Uber profile. Am a car owner not a driver
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by goldcorn(f): 1:25pm On Feb 25, 2019
A Nigeria used Honda Accord car for hirer purchase 2006 already registered Uber and taxify, I need a driver. If interested whatspp me on 09069193297. Only serious driver. Thanks

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 1:34pm On Feb 25, 2019
Afternoon Brunch. Ewa Agoyin and Agege bread with chilled Fanta. If u haven't eaten this before, you are not a true Lagosian. U re still an "Ajiamu" grin

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by segzyndpep(m): 1:37pm On Feb 25, 2019
chucsmoore:
Afternoon Brunch. Ewa Agoyin and Agege bread with chilled Fanta. If u haven't eaten this before, you are not a true Lagosian. U re still an "Ajiamu" grin

On a vip level.enjoy ur meal

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 1:42pm On Feb 25, 2019
chucsmoore:

Chai! I pity for the next rider grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 1:42pm On Feb 25, 2019
segzyndpep:

On a vip level.enjoy ur meal

Thanks bruv. The aroma and deliciousness of this meal is non comparable to any other local delicacies I eat on daily basis

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 1:43pm On Feb 25, 2019
pope191:

Chai! I pity for the next rider grin
grin grin. Bro nothing dey happen, Andrew liversalt dey my pigeon hole
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 1:48pm On Feb 25, 2019
chucsmoore:
grin grin. Bro nothing dey happen, Andrew liversalt dey my pigeon hole

Ohk! I just imagine if d tin deh drop with chilling A/c grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Niiade(m): 1:49pm On Feb 25, 2019
chucsmoore:

Na wa o see groove but Bros hope you rider go see chop this one the car go dey smell ewa

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 1:51pm On Feb 25, 2019
pope191:

Ohk! I just imagine if d tin deh drop with chilling A/c grin
Omo d smell go bad gan. But e no fit happen.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 1:51pm On Feb 25, 2019
Niiade:

Na wa o see groove but Bros hope you rider go see chop this one the car go dey smell ewa
Lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (1369) (1370) (1371) (1372) (1373) (1374) (1375) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: raiszy2k(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.