Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,305 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1422) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4727427 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1419) (1420) (1421) (1422) (1423) (1424) (1425) ... (5687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OmoManU: 10:39am On Mar 17, 2019
xana101:
I start work daily b4 7am and close 7pm. On d average I make 12k net-profit weekdays. 16k net-profit weekend, I think its OK for me. I don't do after 7pm. My car is a corolla 05. I can't risk my life and d car. Riders to Musin at night is a high risk too. Don't let them do transfer for u.
12k daily, you mean after fuel and expenses

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pascal33: 11:06am On Mar 17, 2019
Interested uber/taxify driver living withing Ago palace, jakende, festac, isolo etc ready to work and deliver 28k weekly should call me. Car is Camry big daddy. 09068025718
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MoonlightDrive: 11:41am On Mar 17, 2019
Mjosh1000:
Cos we are drivers does not mean we are not humans.
I got a request around 8:59 around surulere rider called I was closed to her pickup, she said I should wait for her, I no feel DAT area when I park it felt unsafe for me, I canceled and drove off 10mins later rider called again twice I didn't pick cos I was driving the next thing was a text mssg.

One day still dey come when I go break bottle for their head.

U should have called the rider to tell her you are cancelling. Since you are the one who accepted her ride request

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by olupatito(f): 11:43am On Mar 17, 2019
04/05 Corolla for rental.
Whatsapp +2349096481402.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 12:17pm On Mar 17, 2019
MoonlightDrive:

U should have called the rider to tell her you are cancelling. Since you are the one who accepted her ride request
Yes he should have called to tell her his cancelling, buh believe me that kind of rider that didn't hesitate to insult him tru text, will start insulting him if he had told her his cancelling.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by psamuell2(m): 1:04pm On Mar 17, 2019
psamuell2:
Can i use 2009 Toyota matrix for uber/taxify
I meant the new body matrix from 09 ,010 upwards...some peeps telling me it isn't acceptable
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Trsrrs: 1:08pm On Mar 17, 2019
Please how work dey be on Sunday
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 1:12pm On Mar 17, 2019
Calling her or not since I have cancel she should see on her app that I av cancel
MoonlightDrive:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 1:49pm On Mar 17, 2019
taxiappguy:
Hello
Do you want to register your vehicle on Uber?
Let Taxi App Guy do it for you.

Taxi App Guy is offering a service to register your vehicle on the Uber platform.
Our services include;
-Vehicle Purchase
-Vehicle Registration
-Uber Registration
-Insurance and Tracker Installation
-Vehicle Inspection and
-Driver sourcing and On-boarding
Amongst many other things we do.

If you need any of the above listed services, just give us a call.

Taxi App Guy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Phonix1234: 3:03pm On Mar 17, 2019
If you are an Active Uber driver/Taxify driver staying in Lagos around the following location:- Isolo, Surulere, Agor, Okota, Isheri Road, Ajao estate. Please chat 07011304663 on whatsapp for weekly car rental @30k.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by veecovee: 3:24pm On Mar 17, 2019
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Phori: 3:28pm On Mar 17, 2019
Phori:
Hello guys.. Pls I need ur input on this.. I got a corolla sport for uber.. But the check engine light is on tho d car is running perfectly fine..
After diagnosis it shows a P0010 error wic has to do with d camshaft timer solenoid or so...
I got that replaced but the check engine light is still on... Can I take it for inspection like that or sud I still chill.. Aside d check engine light the car is running perfectly. Thanks

cry
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 3:43pm On Mar 17, 2019
Phori:

cry
in kazeem voice oga that CEL no mean anything grin grin go do ur inspection bro

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Phori: 4:05pm On Mar 17, 2019
drmikeadams:
in kazeem voice oga that CEL no mean anything grin grin go do ur inspection bro

lol baba mi na wetin kazeem dey tell me since oo... but seriously hope taxify and uber no go bounce me cos of dat....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 4:13pm On Mar 17, 2019
Nope, you are good, just make sure àc dey chill
Phori:

lol baba mi na wetin kazeem dey tell me since oo... but seriously hope taxify and uber no go bounce me cos of dat....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gobuchinny: 4:35pm On Mar 17, 2019
BAZ001:

I also witnessed one golf drive into gutter, left the road and enter gutter, come out dey put hand for head they shout Ahhhh
Few people rushed to help him I no comot for car but I for like ask him if na sleep or na alcohol or village people remote am.
Na so the guy for run into car if na car park for that place. na this two things put fear for me. I begin run go house
But seriously does night driving pay more than day?
If na day time I for use style check my account before zooming off or na Area wey people dey or club.

Bros you dey try no be small..keep it up..personally I didn't do night driving..yes u will likely earn more at night esp during weekends..i think the latest I closed was around 12am and that was on a Friday or Saturday night I cant recall...even if you will do night It gats be weekend and u should be carerful esp if you driving a corolla..

Personally I wont do all night but I know some can do it and still do it
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gobuchinny: 4:46pm On Mar 17, 2019
BAZ001:

The alert no enter , I called the guy he said he will have to talk to his account manager I said because of #2,600 you will call bank? He just cut call block my number immediately
I don report to Taxify sorry Bolt heheheh

grin grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gobuchinny: 4:47pm On Mar 17, 2019
teelacruz:

Make I try;
You gimme rubbish attitude, I double am for you

You insult me on 3MB, I chase you out for middle of the road.

You no get cash to pay at the end of the trip, I collect something worth more than the fare for your body

You smoke Cigar, I smoke weed

I doubt your character while approaching my car, I zoom off

........oya add una Own oooo

grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gobuchinny: 4:49pm On Mar 17, 2019
nitigriti:
Positioning in places like shrine is good for finding trips, but risky. So here's how I go about it. I receive a trip, I call you. I ask where you are going to, how many riders, are we branching anywhere or going direct, are we picking other persons on the way or not, who is the person we are picking?

Then when the guys come, they will meet me standing by the car. I use eye gauge Dem as Dem dey come. If my spirit no gree, "Sorry guys, I can't go on this trip again. My fuel pump is acting up" ( then I try to start the car without success (security things)). I cancel, and if there is cancellation fee, I give you the #400 straight up. If there are more than 2 guys, I'm not going. If there is a guy and a lady, I will go, but the guy has to sit in front with me. And I tell them this very frankly, that it's for security sake. 2 guys and I will quickly evaluate and trust my instinct. Any number of ladies, I will go. In all cases, I don't stop along the road to poo, pee or buy anything. It's midnight, I won't stop.

Then I have a contingency plan. I'm at alert. There's this Parker pen I keep just beside the gear lever. If you think its a pen, you are on your own. There's also some twisted 20mm wire I keep on the dashboard. It's not koboko, and it's not on that dashboard for fun. It's for garrotting. I position my rear mirrors in such a way that I can see what's going on inside the car with my occupants. I keep the music very low. You need to be able to use your ears 100%. If you want me to blare music as we go, I'm not going.

Then your car is a defensive tool. If anyone in the car lunges at you, there's a way you can swerve that will get everyone in the car off balance; except you because na you dey make things happen. This will buy you time. My method will not work for everybody but I'm stubborn like that. If you will kill me, I will kukuma carry you go with me.

Toh, I don talk reach.

You killed it bro..so on point..awareness buys you time and time gives you options..you cant be caught slacking esp for night trips..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 4:57pm On Mar 17, 2019
gobuchinny:

You killed it bro..so on point..awareness buys you time and time gives you options..you cant be caught slacking esp for night trips..

Na so
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gobuchinny: 5:03pm On Mar 17, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:

Lols loud itgrin The money no go still pass 1,000 naira.

Taxify/uber encourage these hapless drivers to take incredible risks and demean themselves all for peanuts. If you talk, people will ask you that shebi them no force you to drive.

Poverty is a terrible thing.

Bro you missing the point..this has nothing to do with poverty ..if you are a driver on the platform then you know that you aint a salary earner who get paid at the end of the month..this same 1k trip if replicated 7 times from 12am till 5am is 7k already..thats how you get paid and if you doing this every day that how you earn..so in essence you earn every trip not every month...you have to protect urself in every trip because if anything bad is to happen it will on a trip...

Beside its a state of awareness that you should carry everywhere you go esp at night..you don't have to be an uber driver before you get jumped esp around that ojota axis at night..if u kno u kno..its a state of mind brother..people have been killed for not being aware of their environment...

Some people that have entered one chance buses wont have if dere observed the occupants of the bus..sometimes you cant tell but honestly most times these thieves are to lazy to alternate their dynamics so its pretty much the same packaging that a well trained/observant individual will detect and avoid...

Honestly I have this same state of mind even during the day sef talkless of night..its heighted when its gets dark because na den all this evil spirits like dey come out to play grin

Its like crossing the road and not looking left and right or being engrossed with your fone while crossing..atleast pay attention and do your due diligence while crossing so if you get hit by a car everyone and even you sef will know you tried grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Xneg: 5:27pm On Mar 17, 2019
olupatito:
04/05 Corolla for rental.
Whatsapp +2349096481402.

How much is the rental
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gobuchinny: 6:11pm On Mar 17, 2019
darmilolah:

You are totally wrong. Most uber/lyft driver in UK and US always visit Nigeria in the first quarter because of the low request.

Infact, once you have papers. They prefer to drive taxi because that you can hide your earnings from the govt so that they can pay low tax.

Wow bro..I did this trip first quarter in 2018 around January or February. .so you r right..I didn't even know bout the low requests by this time nor the part of paying low taxes..nice 1
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gobuchinny: 6:17pm On Mar 17, 2019
darmilolah:

When we started the union thing. People on this same Nairaland dey insult me. Now every Mallam to him kettle una dey shout. We never see anything.

We had everything map out so that we won't be like the yellow taxi. But what did we get?

I knew when people where opposed to it..I was a silent reader then and the thing was really paining me...but it's all good...every mallam to em kettle grin and God will bless the hustle..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 6:35pm On Mar 17, 2019
Phori:

no
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 6:46pm On Mar 17, 2019
A friend of mine hv been asking where to get those security stuffs, eg stun gun, mobile stun gun, pen knife.
He said d ones he saw online are very expensive, do anyone hv idea where to buy it around!!!!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 6:49pm On Mar 17, 2019
Someone should please help,
I've been trying to register on uber as driver and the application was requesting for the road worthiness certificate and insurance policy cert. Do I need all these to register as driver?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 6:53pm On Mar 17, 2019
gobuchinny:

Bro you missing the point..this has nothing to do with poverty ..if you are a driver on the platform then you know that you aint a salary earner who get paid at the end of the month..this same 1k trip if replicated 7 times from 12am till 5am is 7k already..thats how you get paid and if you doing this every day that how you earn..so in essence you earn every trip not every month...you have to protect urself in every trip because if anything bad is to happen it will on a trip...

Beside its a state of awareness that you should carry everywhere you go esp at night..you don't have to be an uber driver before you get jumped esp around that ojota axis at night..if u kno u kno..its a state of mind brother..people have been killed for not being aware of their environment...

Some people that have entered one chance buses wont have if dere observed the occupants of the bus..sometimes you cant tell but honestly most times these thieves are to lazy to alternate their dynamics so its pretty much the same packaging that a well trained/observant individual will detect and avoid...

Honestly I have this same state of mind even during the day sef talkless of night..its heighted when its gets dark because na den all this evil spirits like dey come out to play grin

Its like crossing the road and not looking left and right or being engrossed with your fone while crossing..atleast pay attention and do your due diligence while crossing so if you get hit by a car everyone and even you sef will know you tried grin

We need to get together for a drink one day
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 7:03pm On Mar 17, 2019
nitigriti:

We need to get together for a drink one day
I can volunteer to take both of you to a nice bar, we can have very chilled drinks with peace of mind
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 7:03pm On Mar 17, 2019
chucsmoore:
Afternoon Brunch. Ewa Agoyin and Agege bread with chilled Fanta. If u haven't eaten this before, you are not a true Lagosian. U re still an "Ajiamu" grin

Broda I will like to chat yhu up on some stuff abt yhur car pls... Message me on 08055347947.... Pls it's kind of urgent
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Niiade(m): 7:07pm On Mar 17, 2019
deedee44:

I can volunteer to take both of you to a nice bar, we can have very chilled drinks with peace of mind

Very ready to follow ejoor
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 7:37pm On Mar 17, 2019
All these men going to get a drink shocked, are we safe??
Na 14 years in prison o wink wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1419) (1420) (1421) (1422) (1423) (1424) (1425) ... (5687) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Muhammadson2020 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.