Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1494) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4735367 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1491) (1492) (1493) (1494) (1495) (1496) (1497) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 12:19pm On Apr 17, 2019
Blackbishop:

Pls explain better abt d tools
The car you're using, phone, etc
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 1:34pm On Apr 17, 2019
Na wah for this island Sha, no public toilet not even one, if shit catch u while on duty, u'll wish u never left home that day cry cry

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 1:41pm On Apr 17, 2019
Locate nearest Eaterys, filling stations or banks.
And your problem will be solved
franksam2009:
Na wah for this island Sha, no public toilet not even one, if shit catch u while on duty, u'll wish u never left home that day cry cry

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 1:43pm On Apr 17, 2019
franksam2009:
Drive into any hotels,eateries, banks, malls. Nobody ll question u

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 1:44pm On Apr 17, 2019
franksam2009:

Na only very early in the morning you fit struggle to poo. When Gtbank & other banks got you covered till 4/5pm, Chicken Rep dem cover you all day till about 9/10pm and overnight self on weekends (Admiralty things)
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 1:45pm On Apr 17, 2019
Taxify drivers I need answers on this,
If u are parked at the airport for about two hours and u see a request outside the pickup point or at the pickup point at the airport who pays for your parking fee
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 2:08pm On Apr 17, 2019
Lol una get mind Sha, una no dey shame to walk into a bank or eatery and start searching 4 a restroom grin grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 2:09pm On Apr 17, 2019
Bro if that thing hold u that mind go come
franksam2009:
Lol una get mind Sha, una no dey shame to walk into a bank or eatery and start searching 4 a restroom grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by melford244: 2:19pm On Apr 17, 2019
Please guys can i use my savings account to receive money from uber's weekly pay
Must it be Current Account...... Kindly advice guys
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 2:33pm On Apr 17, 2019
franksam2009:
Drop your number
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tyche(m): 2:37pm On Apr 17, 2019
chucsmoore:
grin Bro I just came back from yankee, wasn't in d country. Went for a course there. I still disagree with u grin. It's all competition. Bolt is still a force to reckon with in Nigeria, uber just dey do gra gra. When time reach U see bolt step up their game again. They did it before and they will always do it.

Abeg send our regards to Dru23 when next you visit joor grin grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 2:39pm On Apr 17, 2019
chucsmoore:
Did U remember what happened when Uber slashed their fare by 40% on May 4th 2017. Infact that was when Bolt took over from them. All drivers ran to Bolt office to open account. About 80% of drivers stopped driving on uber platform. Till now i can boastfully say bolt has more drivers than Uber. More drivers = more money for bolt. Uber is just introducing different kinds of promo and incentives to bring back their run away drivers back to their platform. They left Lekki office and came to Maryland mall because they could not afford the rent anymore grin while bolt started with 3bedroom office and moved to gigantic office in lekki, Now tell me who is growing? It is not by who started first, is by who is pulling d strings and whose impact is more felt in d industry. Bolt has relegated uber 2 years ago.

Is it the driver base that determines rides viz-a-viz income for the driver or is it the rider base?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 2:39pm On Apr 17, 2019
Tyche:

Abeg send our regards to Dru23 when next you visit joor grin grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 2:44pm On Apr 17, 2019
Mjosh1000:
Taxify drivers I need answers on this,
If u are parked at the airport for about two hours and u see a request outside the pickup point or at the pickup point at the airport who pays for your parking fee

Not exactly sure taxify pays airport parking, and I believe its limited to 1hr, if you stay beyond an hour you're on your own, according to uber at least
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GforGee: 2:57pm On Apr 17, 2019
XGhost:

Not exactly sure taxify pays airport parking, and I believe its limited to 1hr, if you stay beyond an hour you're on your own, according to uber at least

Wait oo, are you saying if I go to the airport, and park: I just need to tell them I'm Uber driver and I won't have to pay? shocked

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 3:07pm On Apr 17, 2019
eherbal:
nice one baba, May it turn out well.Bolt is nothing to be reckoned with bro. I missed a request that did not alert me on their platform yesterday. I just saw a prompt that said I did not respond. It's always happening

I had two request like that yesterday after waiting for 3 hours
App just went offline and I checked * driver did not respond*
Dropped my activity and still no request.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 3:21pm On Apr 17, 2019
GforGee:

Wait oo, are you saying if I go to the airport, and park: I just need to tell them I'm Uber driver and I won't have to pay? shocked

Lol... No o... Uber reimburses your parking fee as long as you get a trip within the first hour. Like your toll fare the fee is passed on to the rider. What I meant was if you wait beyond one hour and then get a trip in the second hour uber will not reimburse you.
No tell anybody that u be Huber o, jejely enter car park like every other person, when request enter call the rider and make sure he/she is at the arrival pickup point, anything outside there, you better have a very big god or else OYO

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 3:24pm On Apr 17, 2019
BAZ001:

I had two request like that yesterday after waiting for 3 hours
App just went offline and I checked * driver did not respond*
Dropped my activity and still no request.

Saw it this morning, walahi no request beep fo my phone, I'm totally indifferent to activity score and ratings on taxify now

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by net7777(m): 3:26pm On Apr 17, 2019
Please guys is this normal. Uber deactivated me 3weeks ago. Just yesterday i got a mail from them asking why have i not been driving all these while. Are they noy aware they themselves blocked me from driving? I am confused here oooo

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 3:43pm On Apr 17, 2019
chucsmoore:
Don't position where lite are many, your chances of request will be minimal

I get boss, but most time when you find a good shed inside this hot sun, its difficult to let go grin

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by fajgmail: 4:01pm On Apr 17, 2019
hello house.....

I am a Uber and taxify driver with good ratings on both platform and I can show you my data page for confirmation.

I need a Car to drive on the platform as I can afford to remit weekly 25k without story and also I am available for hire purchase.

If you have any contact to help a brother please do , thanks.

contact on : 0816 703 0003
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 17, 2019
franksam2009:
let's view this issue from another angle.
It's possible the car owner is not doing this on purpose but only protecting his investment probably because he have had bad experience with bad rental drivers in the past .
It's possible the car owner doesn't know much about car's maintenance, maybe that's why he ringed his engine twice instead of buying another.
I strongly believe your friend is just reaping the punishment(although not his fault) of what the past rental driver put that car and the owner through..

The best thing for him to do is invite the car owner's friend /family into the matter, and plead with the car owner on a way forward, maybe buy you a new engine and include the money or half of it in your yet to pay HP fee.
My point is rental drivers should plz maintain owner's car at least for the sack of the next driver to use the car. I recently meet a driver who said he hasn't changed oil for 4 months and I was like wow!!!
So what do u expect the next person to use that car will pass through? undecided

I think car owners have the wrong impression about the business. A 14 year old tokunbo car driven for 12 hours daily on Nigerian roads, over a period of one year, has basically been driven to death. Moreso uber/taxify have made sure the driver has no control over where he goes in the course of the work-day, and less than 20% of Lagos roads are motorable. And then there's flood water during the rainy season.

It's not any driver's fault really (though some people are naturally rough with vehicles and they end up with different dents and scrapes).

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eroski90(m): 4:57pm On Apr 17, 2019
Hey guys, good afternoon, pls how much does it cost to register a new car plate number ?
I want to put my car (2014) brand new ford focus on uber. Any tips for a potential newbie will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 5:02pm On Apr 17, 2019
emirex50:

After somebody somewhere will say that 75% of policemen in Nigeria have mental issues. How about the likes of you that will "cross a road before looking bother ways"?. Did you try to consider the facts that;
1. I may or may not have seen those post you talked about?
2. I may or may not have contacted the people who made those post that I may or may not have seen?
3. I may or may not be a new member on this platform?
4. There may or may not be people who are new to the business and just wants to contact interested drivers directly?

You would think you have done me a favour by starting your advice line with " You are not ready" to a person that you are not even familiar with. You failed to consider how offensive and demeaning that line is to the person you are addressing, whom you are not familiar with. To top the icing of your abusive advise you sarcastically called me a chairman to mock me. Well I claim that chairmanship position. Thank you.

I have only spent this time to reply your quoting me because some impetuous person would think you made sense here when in fact you have succeeded(almost) in destroying the hope I have in the effort I have made to finding a tangible legitimate job for myself.

It is important that as Nigerians, we learn how to address people properly for our coexistence(or not). We all come from different tribes and tongues and culture. Let us learn to choose our words carefully. Words are powerful. It can build and it can also destroy!

So my brother, the next time you wish to give advise on a public platform as this, I would suggest you thread cautiously as you might not know the temperament of the person you are addressing.

I chose to overlook all the insults, the only part I chose to see is the highlighted part above. One of the last things I would ever (intentionally) do in my life is to destroy someone's hopes of doing something legit to succeed. So I'll give you my advice again in a more explanatory way.
If you have a car that you want to put on rentals, you won't come here and start reading loads of posts searching for a driver who might have dropped his/her number, instead you will drop your number for drivers to call you. So try and read few pages back to always check if there's someone looking for a driver, you will quickly get a car that way. I hope your hope is restored and I wish you the best of luck
As for your temperament, you'll have to work on it in order to be successful in this line of business. You call me senseless? Believe me.. I'm still a learner in senselessness compared with many of the riders you'll be carrying. Good luck bro

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 5:47pm On Apr 17, 2019
pope191:

I get boss, but most time when you find a good shed inside this hot sun, its difficult to let go grin
grin
No be say u talk

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 6:18pm On Apr 17, 2019
XGhost:

Lol... No o... Uber reimburses your parking fee as long as you get a trip within the first hour. Like your toll fare the fee is passed on to the rider. What I meant was if you wait beyond one hour and then get a trip in the second hour uber will not reimburse you.
No tell anybody that u be Huber o, jejely enter car park like every other person, when request enter call the rider and make sure he/she is at the arrival pickup point, anything outside there, you better have a very big god or else OYO

The airport Tout just about to tow a Camry obviously uber/taxify driver btw MM2 and MM1 round about. I wish the guy is on this thread to explain what happened because I was two cars behind him in the traffic.
How do I explain what happened?
" we were all in traffic , going slowly in normal airport road traffic from mm2 to mm1 and then ikeja bridge. All of a sudden I saw one of the airport tout/authority cross and was talking to a driver on our lane to cut the long story short all the cars behind the Camry pulled out and I also did thesame but when I was about to overtake d car I heard the driver saying he didn't stop on the road but d tout saying he stopped on d road -- how can you stop in traffic for goodness sake-- by this time towing vehicle was already coming and the put iron rod inbtw is tire. I tried to help but there they were like six tout on him before the tow my car too me wey just do two trips since taxify lite done take over market
But my question is what really happened inside traffic or just because you are uber driver?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by adeniyiHansome(m): 6:30pm On Apr 17, 2019
Hello House,

have an offline - offer to give car to a guy who just land naija. the car will be with him for 20days. How much can i charge?. He has somebody that can drive him.

XGhost:

Not exactly sure
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 6:52pm On Apr 17, 2019
XGhost:

Saw it this morning, walahi no request beep fo my phone, I'm totally indifferent to activity score and ratings on taxify now

I'm only on taxify for now so Activity & rate go affect me.
Dts why I dey find oga QuitNotice to help out cos since Yesterday request na gold but I don go do uber training today we be like 35 for class (35 newbie joining d hustle I dey shake my head as d lady dey talk like say we go see request full everywhere na we go dey run say u wan rest )

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emmancecute(m): 6:54pm On Apr 17, 2019
Me I was on my own jeje inside Magodo phase 1 when an uber request came in, I called rider and he said it was a mistake and that he has cancelled already. I ended call and after like 5 mins request was still on my phone so I decided to drive down to the location. Las las #400 go drop since I was on zero commission. I drove halfway and taxify request came in from same spot I left, called rider and he said he was going to onipanu. I activated my sixth sense immediately, and turned driving mode to Jason Statham. Got to the uber pickup, waited 5 mins and chop my cancellation fee then drove down to taxify pickup. Rider was waiting already.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GforGee: 7:53pm On Apr 17, 2019
Please, just to be sure. I set a destination on Uber, hope request will come sha?
(I'm inside Unilag)
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emmancecute(m): 8:32pm On Apr 17, 2019
GforGee:
Please, just to be sure. I set a destination on Uber, hope request will come sha?
(I'm inside Unilag)
only request going your axis

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 8:58pm On Apr 17, 2019
emmancecute:
Me I was on my own jeje inside Magodo phase 1 when an uber request came in, I called rider and he said it was a mistake and that he has cancelled already. I ended call and after like 5 mins request was still on my phone so I decided to drive down to the location. Las las #400 go drop since I was on zero commission. I drove halfway and taxify request came in from same spot I left, called rider and he said he was going to onipanu. I activated my sixth sense immediately, and turned driving mode to Jason Statham. Got to the uber pickup, waited 5 mins and chop my cancellation fee then drove down to taxify pickup. Rider was waiting already.
Jason Statham I hail oo, all this stress just for 400naira?
When u scratch someone's car while doing Jason and they seize your phone, u LL say people wicked lol

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1491) (1492) (1493) (1494) (1495) (1496) (1497) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.