Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,115 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1534) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4748487 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1531) (1532) (1533) (1534) (1535) (1536) (1537) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 2:26pm On May 04, 2019
Blackbishop:
Imagine I got a request from 12 temple to deliver food to a lady at lekki phase 1, no problem ba..... On getting to d delivery point the lady was telling me she tot they ve paid me on top 1200 pere, I tried nd explain to her ooo this bitch asked me to send my account details I did up till now she never pick her call ooo.. I don attach her pix
Her na IBK Aledo nd d person dat requested fr the ride is one DJ Sammie. So guy beware of 12 temple deal

Don't accept transfers sir.

And maka sure you collect your money before releasing whatever it is you are to deliver.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 2:41pm On May 04, 2019
successfem:
can you work from Mondays to Saturday without Sundays. I use the car on sundays
For how much rentals? Boss
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SaintChynes(m): 2:45pm On May 04, 2019
Hi guys
I just came back from a 2months course and urgently need a car to get back to work ��
Help a brother plz.. I stay in lekki
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 04, 2019
franksam2009:
I'm sorry to say but in anything you do please apply a common sense, before you park anywhere, look around to see if any cars are pàrked around there, and the position they are parked, check for signs be4 you park, and always have in mind that not everyone who requested a ride really wants one, some are police and officials.
I got a request few days ago around that tunubu square garden, even a blind man knows he can't park anywhere around there, I asked rider to please enter inside a govt building beside him he refused and insist I pick him outside
I told him to Bleep off grin. Next thing he said was "so you feel you are smart abi"
Like wtf
Hmmmmmmn, experience saves one from a lot

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by double0seven(m): 3:05pm On May 04, 2019
Thanks guys for your answers about using manual transmission for uber/taxify.

One thing I picked is that newer models of manual drives are very much easier.

There is 2004 manual Honda accord that's close to toks standard. There is also Honda city 2010. Very low mileage.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 3:32pm On May 04, 2019
3rd mb to mainland is blocked. serious maintanace going on there

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by double0seven(m): 3:33pm On May 04, 2019
sharpk007:

I have been using a manual car for close to a year... There is technicality In driving manual and moreover it's is stressful but U must plan ur movement well...

What do you mean by "u must plan ur movement well"?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 3:39pm On May 04, 2019
drmikeadams:
grin grin u be jimi fan ;correct guy grin. Them go enter back slam door ;begin press fone grin oga abeg put 98.5 grin
A slay queen once entered and told me to put it on 980.5. I just smiled and put it on 98.5. In five minutes, babe slept and left me to her station grin

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lollyboy(m): 3:46pm On May 04, 2019
jesusson2020:

No one will end my joy, I know you're frustrated.

It's my earnings, I have right to post, to encourage all the newbie you guys have discouraged.

Uber is slavery, yet all of you are still here doing Uber.

I wish I could send a video of how happy I am with all that you have mentioned..
I respect your perspective and I pray your hustle spirit never dies..

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lollyboy(m): 3:47pm On May 04, 2019
peterdrury:
People have millions in account but they dont post figures or balance for others to see, its childish, grow up man. The only way you can encourage others is to tell them the prons and cons, not a one sided gist.

P.S I'm not frustrated, will never be.

For your pocket..

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 3:58pm On May 04, 2019
If you hear that somebody died as a result of being drunk today just know it's me.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jesusson2020: 3:58pm On May 04, 2019
lollyboy:

I wish I could send a video of how happy I am with all that you have mentioned..
I respect your perspective and I pray your hustle spirit never dies..

Thank you bro, God will continue to bless us.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 3:59pm On May 04, 2019
Today just dey somehow for my side, I blow empty go home jare. How can I be fighting with all my riders since I came out. Huuh?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lollyboy(m): 4:00pm On May 04, 2019
Stealth100:

If someone like gazzuzz, who is a mechanic and only spend half of what most of us spend on car maintenance, could join the fence then people need to tell themselves some hard truth.

That was never the problem.. The issue were the kind of drivers he had..

Awon oloriburuku drivers are everywhere.. They are still waiting for their next prey set..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:04pm On May 04, 2019
lollyboy:

That was never the problem.. The issue were the kind of drivers he had..

Awon oloriburuku drivers are everywhere.. They are still waiting for their next prey set..

partly, but more with system.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sconp: 4:08pm On May 04, 2019
Blackbishop:
The other one na olosho scammer seriously 1900 from lekki to inside bariga omo she do transfer wey neva reflect nd she dey Para fr me on top fone. When no b by force make yhu enter taxify niw
Why not just decline transfers? The first thing a driver told me yesterday after we greeted was that he had a problem with his bank and as such can't take transfers (I code am immediately)

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by julietromeo: 4:18pm On May 04, 2019
Gentlelife50:
If you hear that somebody died as a result of being drunk today just know it's me.
Baba, we need you alive. Just go home go rest. Tomorrow is another day.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by itguy1: 4:23pm On May 04, 2019
izzou:

cc: itguy
Am not close to any of the areas he mentioned
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by willy25(m): 5:10pm On May 04, 2019
Guys, its urgent pls. What's the best averagely priced phone for Uber that works well?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jesusson2020: 5:36pm On May 04, 2019
Gentlelife50:

This problem might not be about driving Uber.

It could be marital problems? Downgrading problems, lack of progress.

Whatever the problems you are facing, God will take control. Stay strong and stop drinking.

God bless you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lukaf17(m): 6:10pm On May 04, 2019
I need a car and l can pay 32k no stories my nos is 08127100639please help Aman towards feed it family please
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by willy25(m): 6:29pm On May 04, 2019
lukaf17:
I need a car and l can pay 32k no stories my nos is 08127100639please help Aman towards feed it family please
Why not use Uber fleet on your app? That is, if you drive with Uber. Bolt can also help if you go to their office in Lekki.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:35pm On May 04, 2019
jesusson2020:

Whatever the problems you are facing, God will take control. Stay strong and stop drinking.

God bless you.

Peace! You are getting soft, I've been watching from the other side and it seems like you are in wit fire for fire. I was once like that, but its life, I just got to a point where I said I won't trade words with people unnecessarily again. Dough I still have it rough with a rider today

Nice 1
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:46pm On May 04, 2019
Gentlelife50:
Today just dey somehow for my side, I blow empty go home jare. How can I be fighting with all my riders since I came out. Huuh?

Easy boss and keep life gentle, riders can push one to break, but try and have dia antidote and b blunt, damn rating.

Got a trip from omole, while at berger, rider said she was going to Yaba (happy me). Got to app point, she almost controlled me to enter d sitting room, took time to come out, eventually she entered the back sit.

Rider: I've change my mind take me to college road, do you know dia?
Me; No
Rider: use your map
Me: its not working, in fact I have change my mind too, I don't want to drive again

She start giving attitude (I understand her right & stuffs), but her attitude was just a complete no for me... She refuse to drop and ask she will b in the car till another ride arrives, my look Is enough ( like do you think am joking). Las las we settle nd I took her dia on a 1500 bill

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:48pm On May 04, 2019
eherbal:
Uber will be reducing fares very soon. their agents are here trying to ginger "lazy drivers". this here nigga is their handler. pls stop giving credence to him.the more we respond to his post ,the more we fuel his aim.most of us here have made more than he did in a day in 6hrs.we didn't come here to show off.
let's wait for Ubers reduction,then we know the next move to make.pls ignore jesusson2020. he's a mole,and we should be careful what is divulged here.thanks .The Almighty bless our hustle .cool

I'm with you boss, any one on the side for 5 months that just crawl out from nowhere is a suspect

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 6:57pm On May 04, 2019
Gentlelife50:
same thing here hahaha, first 3 riders pissed me off, I just vex off app grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:57pm On May 04, 2019
Blackbishop:
Imagine I got a request from 12 temple to deliver food to a lady at lekki phase 1, no problem ba..... On getting to d delivery point the lady was telling me she tot they ve paid me on top 1200 pere, I tried nd explain to her ooo this bitch asked me to send my account details I did up till now she never pick her call ooo.. I don attach her pix
Her na IBK Aledo nd d person dat requested fr the ride is one DJ Sammie. So guy beware of 12 temple deal

This one fine oo... Can I pay for her grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:59pm On May 04, 2019
Zoharariel:

Nigerians are very stupid & crazy! I have a friend who has a younger brother and he used to work with Jumia but not anymore.

He said some assholes would order products on the Jumia website (sometimes fridge, but usually gadgets) using "Pay on Delivery".

And when the products get dispatched with a handler, the assholes who placed the order would come out and say: "Bros, I am very sorry. I just wanted to know if the Pay-on-Delivery" is really working. grin

My friend's younger brother said it is one of the reasons why Jumia had to cancel "Pay-on-Delivery" in addition to bastards who would order products from its website - using "Pay-on-Delivery" and then killing the despatch rider on delivery & making away with the products.

There's no innovation that can come to Nigeria that will never be abused.

When I was still active on the e-hailing, I went to Uber's office at the Maryland Mall to update my drivers license.

I was on the queue when I heard some guys (drivers) discussing how people were cashing out big in the Uber/Taxify hussle.

When I did not come to Lagos to count bridges & flyovers, I quickly - systematically moved few steps close to them and then amplified my surveillance radar & antennae. grin

The guy said they would install an app called "Lokitto" on their phone and as soon as a request comes in from a rider and the Trip gets started, the Lokitto app would automatically inflate the "ride's fare".

For example, if a rider orders a ride either via Uber or Taxify and the pick-up point is Ikeja City Mall while the destination is VGC in Lekki.

Usually, the fare from Ikeja City Mall to VGC shouldn't be more than 5k depending on the traffic but the Lokitto App would inflate that amount to 10k or even more. grin

So the guy telling us the story said a rider reported him and Uber blocked his account, hence the reason he had to visit Uber's office to see if his account could be re-activated - because he said once you get caught, it is an automatic dismissal from the e-hailing platform.

If not for the spirit of Orunmila, I was tempted to collect the app from that guy but the consequence far outweighs the benefits. grin

I stopped driving on the platform the day I picked a rider from Fola Osibo Street, Lekki Phase 1 to Unilag - and the fare was 1,800Naira.

I sent Ogun (the god of iron) to butcher all the staff of Taxify including Uche - their oga with katana samurai sword.

How many 1,800Naira do I have to glean to maintain my vehicle every month? Fvck their bonuses - I don't chase that.

Until the day Uber & Taxify get back their senses, I will remain seated on the fence and allow the cannon-fodders (new anxious drivers) to be wasting their time, energies & vehicles - Good Morning! grin

Broda J is coming for u... Peeps dat always have free hitch days

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by willy25(m): 7:36pm On May 04, 2019
double0seven:
Good morning guys. Please is there anyone in the house using or have used a manual transmission car for uber/taxify?

Can you share experience? Does using a manual drive for uber/taxify makes the job A LOT more difficult?

I've driven a manual before some some 8 years ago. But someone told me I dare not try using if for uber/taxify. That I may not be able to cope. Asking because manual drive is significantly cheaper for same model of car
I presently use a Kia Rio 2006 Manual car and for me is OK. That's for me. It may not be so for others. I handle manual cars quite well in traffic so majority of my problem is solved. But if you have means to get an automatic, its preferred because of its ease. If you have driven a manual car in Lagos before for up to 6 hours in a single day, then you're good to go for Uber with a manual car.
My question still stands please. Can someone tell me the phone he or she uses for Uber and works well? Uber only please.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:13pm On May 04, 2019
Gentlelife50:

Take it easy bro cheesy

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:26pm On May 04, 2019
jesusson2020:

M jut
God bless you.

Bros, a lot of us have been on the sideline looking at your brazen juvenile disposition and drivel. Please calm down, take a breath and access every aspect of this business. I understand you come from being a brick layer to uber and the pay is still mesmerizing you. Very soon responsibilities will kick in.

Mocking the site supervisor as being in your level because of Uber is very disingenuous and shows a serious type of complex in you. Learn some decorum despite the fact this is a faceless forum. FYI I've driven on Uber in down times and I still supervise workers on site. There are seasons in life, make the most of it, not enemies out of it.

On a last note, the way you mention God and go from sweet to bitter leaves a lot to desire. If you are truly a son of Jesus as your moniker says, do like Him when handling criticism and divergent opinions.
Shalom

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by julietromeo: 9:46pm On May 04, 2019
Chuwaa:

Bros, a lot of us have been on the sideline looking at your brazen juvenile disposition and drivel. Please calm down, take a breath and access every aspect of this business. I understand you come from being a brick layer to uber and the pay is still mesmerizing you. Very soon responsibilities will kick in.

Mocking the site supervisor as being in your level because of Uber is very disingenuous and shows a serious type of complex in you. Learn some decorum despite the fact this is a faceless forum. FYI I've driven on Uber in down times and I still supervise workers on site. There are seasons in life, make the most of it, not enemies out of it.

On a last note, the way you mention God and go from sweet to bitter leaves a lot to desire. If you are truly a son of Jesus as your moniker says, do like Him when handling criticism and divergent opinions.
Shalom
He will soon come for you. Just ignore him henceforth.
I don't know how much he's making presently that is entering his head. A lot of us still make more money than him without the useless noise. I have boldness to say that I'm still one the best drivers on this forum but I have decided to keep mute about my earnings because the money I make does not correlate to the energy I put in talk less of money I spend to maintain my car. Las las we go dey alright.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1531) (1532) (1533) (1534) (1535) (1536) (1537) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: ayoomo9(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.