Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1533) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4802681 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1530) (1531) (1532) (1533) (1534) (1535) (1536) ... (5700) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunlapapa: 8:16am On May 04, 2019
slamstanlee:
taxify in calabar n uyo now lipsrsealed
I guess Uber wants to pay them back in their coins; Uber did the ground breaking in Nigeria before taxify came to reap on uber's efforts.
I feel Uber wants taxify to keep E-hailing awareness in those areas before they dive.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunlapapa: 8:19am On May 04, 2019
Gentlelife50:

The way he's going about this whole thing makes him look like a paid agent.
You people are still on this matter. Just leave to continue making noise without any response and watch him fade away.
He sounds so rude and proud just because he makes ~N100k monthly.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 8:41am On May 04, 2019
jesusson2020:

I know you don't need to hear me, and the message is not for you.

Uber, is open to everybody.

And I guess the reason most of you lament here is to discourage others from joining.

And finally we are in no competition, you succeed at 18 owning a business line, today you are Uber driver just like me.

If I bring 5 people out of poverty by introducing them to Uber is not a bad thing in front of God.
Uber will be reducing fares very soon. their agents are here trying to ginger "lazy drivers". this here nigga is their handler. pls stop giving credence to him.the more we respond to his post ,the more we fuel his aim.most of us here have made more than he did in a day in 6hrs.we didn't come here to show off.
let's wait for Ubers reduction,then we know the next move to make.pls ignore jesusson2020. he's a mole,and we should be careful what is divulged here.thanks .The Almighty bless our hustle .cool

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by double0seven(m): 8:47am On May 04, 2019
Good morning guys. Please is there anyone in the house using or have used a manual transmission car for uber/taxify?

Can you share experience? Does using a manual drive for uber/taxify makes the job A LOT more difficult?

I've driven a manual before some some 8 years ago. But someone told me I dare not try using if for uber/taxify. That I may not be able to cope. Asking because manual drive is significantly cheaper for same model of car
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 8:53am On May 04, 2019
franksam2009:
I'm still a thousand light-years ahead of you bro, Don't even go there grin, unless u wanna end up depressed lol
We only move forward bro, no backwards
he claims to be 22 ,but lacks manners and approach.most peeps here are old enough to be his daddy. their reasons for driving on the platform is best known to them.we have landlords here, especially the ikorodu gangs. we also have civil servants and entrepreneurs,who do this for leisure,pleasure,and also to augment their income ,or to pass time till their investments yield. you don't come here to categorise peeps to your level because you're in the same biz.if at the end of the day,what he claims to be ,and who he claims he is, he's living on borrowed time ,because pride goeth before a fall. many have been here during his bricklayer days, spewing excreta from their mouth. unfortunately for them.............drops pen cool

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 9:05am On May 04, 2019
double0seven:
Good morning guys. Please is there anyone in the house using or have used a manual transmission car for uber/taxify?

Can you share experience? Does using a manual drive for uber/taxify makes the job A LOT more difficult?

I've driven a manual before some some 8 years ago. But someone told me I dare not try using if for uber/taxify. That I may not be able to cope. Asking because manual drive is significantly cheaper for same model of car
morning bro.im actually a stick enthusiast,but pls don't try it with e hailing.your health will depreciate in record time. Lagos traffic will end your legs.even peeps driving auto suffer severe leg and back pains.if you think you can handle the stress,then go the manual way.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sam2kenny: 10:30am On May 04, 2019
Good morning house is it compulsory I take vehicle documents for verification at uber office before going for inspection? And if not where can I do inspection this Saturday on the mainland. Regards
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 10:36am On May 04, 2019
double0seven:

My brother... I will encourage you to go ahead if that's what you can afford. Newer model Manual transmission is easy to drive. Infact you won't feel it.

I started Ehailing with manual transmission 2012 Corolla that year. I drove the said car for almost a year. That was even the era of crazy traffic on lekki-epe exp. I had no issue. I started having pains on my right leg and back pain the week I switch to auto.

New generation MT cars are not bad. I love it and I will love to go back to it.

Till tomorrow Ogunvic still drive Manual PJ

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 10:39am On May 04, 2019
Manual cars consume less fuel and cheaper to maintain.

The only disadvantage is problem to sell. You will have to drop the price to get buyer.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by julietromeo: 10:44am On May 04, 2019
darmilolah:

My brother... I will encourage you to go ahead if that's what you can afford. Newer model Manual transmission is easy to drive. Infact you won't feel it.

I started Ehailing with manual transmission 2012 Corolla that year. I drove the said car for almost a year. That was even the era of crazy traffic on lekki-epe exp. I had no issue. I started having pains on my right leg and back pain the week I switch to auto.

New generation MT cars are not bad. I love it and I will love to go back to it.

Till tomorrow Ogunvic still drive Manual PJ
You are still in contact with him? My regards to him bro.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 11:23am On May 04, 2019
gobuchinny:

People that work offshore on rigs face greater challenges grin grin but the money no gree make dem stop am..pilots are well paid because of the risk, chances of survivIng a mishap in the air is slim hence their heavy wages

Hustle na hustle bro na God dey help man...uber should never be your final busstop but it's can be a good start to greater things..if my bizness fails, God forbid and I can't feed my family I will jejely start driving again than to become a liability..there is dignity in labour

Yeah U on point. But U can't compare Oyel job and Pilot job to Uber driving. The money and benefits of those 2 jobs no be Uber driving mate.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Xneg: 11:23am On May 04, 2019
double0seven:

If you're driving in a city like Lagos, YES the job is more difficult with a manual car irrespective of tour experience and number of years driving manual.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:45am On May 04, 2019
izzou:

Some riders can act cowardly. If you want to cancel, why not tell the driver?

That's how one directed me to the front of his house using my credit. After I parked, he cancelled. Called him to check if it was a mistake but he never picked the call again

I don't know if he was trying to show someone how the app works because the difference between the time he directed me and when he cancelled was less than two minutes

Nigerians are very stupid & crazy! I have a friend who has a younger brother and he used to work with Jumia but not anymore.

He said some assholes would order products on the Jumia website (sometimes fridge, but usually gadgets) using "Pay on Delivery".

And when the products get dispatched with a handler, the assholes who placed the order would come out and say: "Bros, I am very sorry. I just wanted to know if the Pay-on-Delivery" is really working. grin

My friend's younger brother said it is one of the reasons why Jumia had to cancel "Pay-on-Delivery" in addition to bastards who would order products from its website - using "Pay-on-Delivery" and then killing the despatch rider on delivery & making away with the products.

There's no innovation that can come to Nigeria that will never be abused.

When I was still active on the e-hailing, I went to Uber's office at the Maryland Mall to update my drivers license.

I was on the queue when I heard some guys (drivers) discussing how people were cashing out big in the Uber/Taxify hussle.

When I did not come to Lagos to count bridges & flyovers, I quickly - systematically moved few steps close to them and then amplified my surveillance radar & antennae. grin

The guy said they would install an app called "Lokitto" on their phone and as soon as a request comes in from a rider and the Trip gets started, the Lokitto app would automatically inflate the "ride's fare".

For example, if a rider orders a ride either via Uber or Taxify and the pick-up point is Ikeja City Mall while the destination is VGC in Lekki.

Usually, the fare from Ikeja City Mall to VGC shouldn't be more than 5k depending on the traffic but the Lokitto App would inflate that amount to 10k or even more. grin

So the guy telling us the story said a rider reported him and Uber blocked his account, hence the reason he had to visit Uber's office to see if his account could be re-activated - because he said once you get caught, it is an automatic dismissal from the e-hailing platform.

If not for the spirit of Orunmila, I was tempted to collect the app from that guy but the consequence far outweighs the benefits. grin

I stopped driving on the platform the day I picked a rider from Fola Osibo Street, Lekki Phase 1 to Unilag - and the fare was 1,800Naira.

I sent Ogun (the god of iron) to butcher all the staff of Taxify including Uche - their oga with a katana samurai sword. grin

How many 1,800Naira do I have to glean to maintain my vehicle every month? Fvck their bonuses - I don't chase that.

Until the day Uber & Taxify get back their senses, I will remain seated on the fence and allow the cannon-fodders (new anxious drivers) to be wasting their time, energies & vehicles - Good Morning! grin

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Megadrop: 12:01pm On May 04, 2019
eherbal:
Uber will be reducing fares very soon. their agents are here trying to ginger "lazy drivers". this here nigga is their handler. pls stop giving credence to him.the more we respond to his post ,the more we fuel his aim.most of us here have made more than he did in a day in 6hrs.we didn't come here to show off.
let's wait for Ubers reduction,then we know the next move to make.pls ignore jesusson2020. he's a mole,and we should be careful what is divulged here.thanks .The Almighty bless our hustle .cool
One very chilled bottle of Heineken for you sir for this. What do you expect from a bricklayer that is used to kpon kpon under very hot sun and suddenly finds himself in an ac car making cool bah. He is a paid agent and will surely go the way of Fahrenz.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gobuchinny: 12:09pm On May 04, 2019
chucsmoore:

Yeah U on point. But U can't compare Oyel job and Pilot job to Uber driving. The money and benefits of those 2 jobs no be Uber driving mate.

Na true sha...but make wey dey manage wetin we get until we reach that level..God go bless our hustle

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 12:12pm On May 04, 2019
I have a friend who's a rider on Bolt. All he does is get a new SIM, create a new account and get the #2500 promo bonus on card payment.

We always find a way to beat any system in Nigeria. Scammers now request rides and ask the driver to pay some debts for them in exchange for compensation when they arrive.

As for Sakamaje, grin it has been going on and still going on. It's more honourable for me to quit than do it. After all, it's not the rider's fault that the fares are cheap

And besides, your earnings for that trip was #1500 including commission. Toll fee still dey inside grin grin

cc: Zoharariel

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 12:15pm On May 04, 2019
izzou:
I have a friend who's a rider on Bolt. All he does is get a new SIM, create a new account and get the #2500 promo bonus on card payment.

We always find a way to beat any system in Nigeria. Scammers now request rides and ask the driver to pay some debts for them in exchange for compensation when they arrive.

As for Sakamaje, grin it has been going on and still going on. It's more honourable for me to quit than do it. After all, it's not the rider's fault that the fares are cheap

And besides, your earnings for that trip was #1500 including commission. Toll fee still dey inside grin grin

cc: Zoharariel
dirty earnings has dirty consequences. those of you involved,try and change your orientation.karma is unforgiving cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Oladapo25: 12:27pm On May 04, 2019
An Uber partner
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 12:28pm On May 04, 2019
Imagine I got a request from 12 temple to deliver food to a lady at lekki phase 1, no problem ba..... On getting to d delivery point the lady was telling me she tot they ve paid me on top 1200 pere, I tried nd explain to her ooo this bitch asked me to send my account details I did up till now she never pick her call ooo.. I don attach her pix
Her na IBK Aledo nd d person dat requested fr the ride is one DJ Sammie. So guy beware of 12 temple deal

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 12:33pm On May 04, 2019
The other one na olosho scammer seriously 1900 from lekki to inside bariga omo she do transfer wey neva reflect nd she dey Para fr me on top fone. When no b by force make yhu enter taxify niw

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pocohantas(f): 12:41pm On May 04, 2019
izzou:

Some riders can act cowardly. If you want to cancel, why not tell the driver?

That's how one directed me to the front of his house using my credit. After I parked, he cancelled. Called him to check if it was a mistake but he never picked the call again

I don't know if he was trying to show someone how the app works because the difference between the time he directed me and when he cancelled was less than two minutes

Lol, maybe he opened the app and next thing they said a driver is coming his way grin

Just joking. It is not always easy to tell a driver you ain't going again. You guys do it to riders too.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 12:42pm On May 04, 2019
Blackbishop:
The other one na olosho scammer seriously 1900 from lekki to inside bariga omo she do transfer wey neva reflect nd she dey Para fr me on top fone. When no b by force make yhu enter taxify niw
Abeg I dey go Agbara from Sangotedo. Come carry me. I go do transfer if we reach Agbara.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 12:46pm On May 04, 2019
double0seven:

I used manual throughout last year and it was a goal! If you encounter traffic, release the gear and relax, when it moves, you engage and go. I enjoyed it then.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 1:28pm On May 04, 2019
pocohantas:

Lol, maybe just opened the app and next thing they said a driver is coming his way grin

Just joking. It is not always easy to tell a driver you ain't going again. You guys do it to riders too.
grin I dey do am grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pocohantas(f): 1:33pm On May 04, 2019
drmikeadams:
grin I dey do am grin

E dey your eye... smiley
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 1:37pm On May 04, 2019
chillex8:

Abeg I dey go Agbara from Sangotedo. Come carry me. I go do transfer if we reach Agbara.

Thunder wey go fire yhu ehen.... Just wait
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sharpk007(m): 1:37pm On May 04, 2019
double0seven:

I have been using a manual car for close to a year... There is technicality In driving manual and moreover it's is stressful but U must plan ur movement well...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 1:38pm On May 04, 2019
Megadrop:
One very chilled bottle of Heineken for you sir for this. What do you expect from a bricklayer that is used to kpon kpon under very hot sun and suddenly finds himself in an ac car making cool bah. He is a paid agent and will surely go the way of Fahrenz.

From sakamanje earning to Uber paid agent.

Uber recruit drivers everyday, taxify got tired of recruiting and request you come with the vehicle you are going to use to be train.

I don't think those organizations have ur time here.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 04, 2019
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 04, 2019
XGhost:

Yeah I know... But body no be firewood... I push really hard at the weekend so I really need the break
No be lie
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 2:19pm On May 04, 2019
pocohantas:

Lol, maybe he opened the app and next thing they said a driver is coming his way grin

That's the easiest thing for me to do: To tell a rider I ain't going

It's worse keeping the person in the dark

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 2:23pm On May 04, 2019
Oladapo25:
An Uber partner is looking for a driver for a Toyota corolla 2008/2009. The driver should preferably be living in Yaba, akoka, Iwaya, bariga axis. Weekly rental is 30k. If interested call 08023714067

cc: itguy

(1) (2) (3) ... (1530) (1531) (1532) (1533) (1534) (1535) (1536) ... (5700) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.