Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1827) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4759671 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1824) (1825) (1826) (1827) (1828) (1829) (1830) ... (5694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:52pm On Aug 08, 2019
mrjaydee:

So na 5 cars you dey always call "fleet

Chai.. pepper enter my eye.

I couldn't resist it..na joke ooh

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Buynowautos: 10:01pm On Aug 08, 2019
xana101:
Uber accept 2000 and above. Taxify accept 2003 above

Hmmmm. So no chance scaling this car to fit into taxify? Taxify has more riders than uber oh
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pattybf(f): 10:17pm On Aug 08, 2019
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 10:19pm On Aug 08, 2019
jixasi:

Look at what drivers go through everyday and one partner Dey e house Dey expect no stories....

Pls sell ur cars as some people here has done and invest in importation of earring, spoon, pant and phone covers...

That one no stories...
grin grin grin

Pant//panties still the most useless word in d dictionnaire
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jesusson2020: 10:56pm On Aug 08, 2019
dru23:

In my humble opinion, that is a bad investment ... if you were able to save money . And buy a car of your own for uber.. You will do ok . Better than keke .. With your own uber car ,if you wrk for three days out of the week .. You can make enough money without killing your self .. Just three days in a week...

I respect ur opinion sir, but I just want to put the money I saved to work, while I continue to drive Uber. Rather the money sitting in the bank.

If I invest my 600k and get 25k weekly in 1 year I will get 1.2 plus my Uber earning.

Let me try out my idea, with Jesus on my side every thing will go well

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jesusson2020: 10:59pm On Aug 08, 2019
Gentlelife50:

And you have to quote me again to display your foolishness
After missing for some time this is what u came up with?
You think we are fools like you, instead of you to tell everybody what really happened that they have collected the car from you.

I'm just helping you with wat will help ur life. You're here insulting me. I know suffering has blocked ur brain from creativity.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tyche(m): 10:59pm On Aug 08, 2019
jesusson2020:

I respect ur opinion sir, but I just want to put the money I saved to work, while I continue to drive Uber. Rather the money sitting in the bank.

If I invest my 600k and get 25k weekly in 1 year I will get 1.2 plus my Uber earning.

Way to go, irrespective of the outcome. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 11:04pm On Aug 08, 2019
jesusson2020:

Well it is all about taking risk sha ..Life na risk too .. Wish u the best, in business we make mistake and learn from it .. Trial and error ..just be cautions sha ... you remind of my young days. You are young now, better to make mistakes now and go through trial error of business now ,than doing it when u are much older.. It is well either way

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gabrielnimi: 11:49pm On Aug 08, 2019
Hello house didn't sienna can be used for uber and taxify pls is that true
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:50pm On Aug 08, 2019
jesusson2020:

I'm just helping you with wat will help ur life. You're here insulting me. I know suffering has blocked ur brain from creativity.
Odee, help yourself first lying scammer

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jesusson2020: 5:23am On Aug 09, 2019
Gentlelife50:

Odee, help yourself first lying scammer

Old fool with no brain, your foolishness is beyond imagination. Only how to cheat your partner is Wat you're good with. You will only remain relevant here on nairaland comment section. Don't think how you can grow and achieve something in life. Village powers has seriously destroyed ur destiny.

Dirty old man

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:10am On Aug 09, 2019
jesusson2020:

For me the Uber driver,i make good money, for 8 months I'm able to save 600k.

But ask owner that invest 2m if he is able to save 600k in 8 months.

Yes there is money in uber, but only drivers make the money.
Owners only rotate their money, thinking they are making money.

The bolded is just the fact and that is what I tell investors thinking about Uber, but they think I don't want them to also gain from it ( chop alone).

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 7:36am On Aug 09, 2019
brogxy:

The bolded is just the fact and that is what I tell investors thinking about Uber, but they think I don't want them to also gain from it ( chop alone).

so you mean people on HP are not making money?
Dru23 is not making money and buying more cars?
Investors want to make more money than drivers who sleep in cars, face robbers, lastma, bad roads and health deteriorating daily.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Buynowautos: 8:22am On Aug 09, 2019
Please I need help with pricing, Yaba to Eleko 9:30am to 6:00pm pick up drop off. what should I charge? Client will be crusing in a C class 4matic

About 67km

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dbossmanager: 8:43am On Aug 09, 2019
Buynowautos:
Please I need help with pricing, Yaba to Eleko 9:30am to 6:00pm pick up drop off. what should I charge? Client will be crusing in a C class 4matic

About 67km
20k...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MoonlightDrive: 8:47am On Aug 09, 2019
izzou:

My license is still expired on their platform.

I still find it hard to believe Bolt started from Europe. They have all the qualities of a typical Nigerian low budget startup company

do you guys think bolt international are aware of what is going on in Nigeria, if they are fully aware Uche (in country Head of Bolt Nigeria) may be on his way driving one of dru's bullet proof civic!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Buynowautos: 8:48am On Aug 09, 2019
Thanks for the response Na 30k just dey ring for my mind since cheesy make the client nor go run
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:51am On Aug 09, 2019
MoonlightDrive:

do you guys think bolt international are aware of what is going on in Nigeria, if they are fully aware Uche (in country Head of Bolt Nigeria) may be on his way driving one of dru's bullet proof civic!

Toorr

That's how they collect #1200 for training that used to be free..

They threatened drivers to buy Captain America shield for #4000. When nobody responded, or rather very few, they forgot about the decision

Na Uche get that Autogenius company

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Buynowautos: 8:53am On Aug 09, 2019
Dbossmanager:

20k...

On line trip is about the same 20k considering the waiting time. I feel it should be more than that 20k. 9:30am to 6pm which may most likely be later than that

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MoonlightDrive: 8:57am On Aug 09, 2019
Mjosh1000:

Me nah 1yr and counting dem no even send me mssg nor alert me, I just dey drive dey go

With Bolt's (Nigeria) poor management structure, i wonder why they still charge drivers 15% commission for actually doing what?

No wonder policemen now readily scrutinize your papers, in the past once you tell the police that you are a uber/bolt driver, they simply let you pass.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:57am On Aug 09, 2019
Buynowautos:

On line trip is about the same 20k considering the waiting time. I feel it should be more than that 20k. 9:30am to 6pm which may most likely be later than that

If I were you, I'll tell them #30k

They must try to bargain, making it fall between 20k and above

If you tell them #20k, na 15k dem go take beg you

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:04am On Aug 09, 2019
MoonlightDrive:

With Bolt's (Nigeria) poor management structure, i wonder why they still charge drivers 15% commission for actually doing what?

No wonder policemen now readily scrutinize your papers, in the past once you tell the police that you are a uber/bolt driver, they simply let you pass.

I thought I was the only one that noticed this

Even with my former partner's tinted Camry, all I need to say was "uber" and they'll let me go, unless my rider looks suspicious.

The other time around 1am, I was coming from Allen with a rider. Got to Billingsway and police stopped me.
I greeted him and told him its uber and I'm on my way to the island.

Na so them say make I park. Them check all my papers, check VIN, check trunk...Na so the rider para for them(He works at the police headquarters in Abuja). Dem come beg us, free me grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dbossmanager: 9:31am On Aug 09, 2019
Buynowautos:

oh okay...then it should be 25 to 30k......remember there is no commission....

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Xneg: 9:34am On Aug 09, 2019
This really cracked me up, anyone here with same experience? Has a rider driven your car before?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:39am On Aug 09, 2019
Xneg:
This really cracked me up, anyone here with same experience? Has a rider driven your car before?

That uber driver must have entered Lagos for the first time few days ago

My annoyance is not that he didn't know the way but he was careless to let someone drive him to where he doesn't know

May God not let him meet Men of the Underworld

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 9:47am On Aug 09, 2019
Xneg:
That story did not add up, why should the driver input your destination, abi nah she put wrong destination.
Some riders will not enter their exact street address they will expect u to know their house because u be uber.
Imagine someone going to fola osibo in lekki, the rider go just type lekki phase1 for destination the map will just pin to any where arround lekki phase1, when u con dey follow map dey will now be complaining.
Nonsense

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 9:50am On Aug 09, 2019
izzou:

That uber driver must have entered Lagos for the first time few days ago

My annoyance is not that he didn't know the way but he was careless to let someone drive him to where he doesn't know

May God not let him meet Men of the Underworld

The local man will learn by force

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by computerglobal(m): 10:18am On Aug 09, 2019
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Buynowautos: 10:44am On Aug 09, 2019
izzou:

If I were you, I'll tell them #30k

They must try to bargain, making it fall between 20k and above

If you tell them #20k, na 15k dem go take beg you

Imagine pricing 10k na wa oh

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by confusedworld17: 11:11am On Aug 09, 2019
HEAVY WEIGHT FIGHTS THAT IS GOING TO TAKE PLACE IN MADISON SQUARE GARDEN

GAZZUZ Vs DRU
GENTLELIFE Vs JESUSSON
DRIVERS VS CAR OWNERS
DRIVERS Vs CRAZY RIDERS
Feel free to add your own ....

But on a more serious note, I doubt if a married man (or even a single guy) on rental will be able to save enough money from this job to buy his own car.

I'm married with only one child for now and I don dey drive my own car, 5 days in a week for over one year now, so... I'm talking from experience.

GUY! see ehn... By the time u do all the minuses and pluses, including family basic needs, not wants Ooh... SMH.

But wetin LOCAL MAN go do ? Nah to continue the hustle until something better comes up.

SEVEN THUNDEROUS GBOSA !!! to all the GOOD drivers out there on rental. The hustle no be moi moi.

Though I never join UBER wen the biz still be "ELDORADO" But I wish it's still like that till now. My point is - even though the biz go dey saturated, I prefer to do two or three trips in a day and go home with something good and my body intact than this one wey person go dey road morning till night looking for wetin no lost grin

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 11:23am On Aug 09, 2019
jesusson2020:

grin 25k weekly for one year,,no forget say car or driver go break down inside the one year

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by adsmaster: 11:40am On Aug 09, 2019
Please am i doing the right thing? My empathy or my high affinity of always been empathic is clouding my judgment i guess. Am struggling gaving these feeling that am not doing the right or there is something wrong with my approach.

Now here is the story
A rider ordered me on taxify only for my to get there and she said there is a little challenge that she will transfer the cash to me first thing on monday morning- i was just surprised and shocked, have driven to ehere she is, my fuel. I just said ok i will take the risk.

Only for us to get to destination and she said i should pleqse wait that i will take her back. Am still waiting for close to an hour now. I just hope these doesnt end up hurting me..

Another story thes lady ordered on taxify only for me to get there and say loads, one bag of rice, some few take away plastics plate, some crate of pepsi etc...as if that was the only load she now said there is another men i was angry- its a short trip 500 naira trip...i was just vexing what kind of riders are these on taxify..i told her normal she is suppose to pay seperate or extra for the load, that is my disgretion we are not suppose to carry much load. She now started as usual the empathic me allowwd it slide, thou at the end she added 400 naira to make the trip 1k. The husband now added 500 naira.. But i know i cant continue like these but am struggling and a little bit confussed if so far have done the right thing..

Please i need advice,positive critic and a spank if need be

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1824) (1825) (1826) (1827) (1828) (1829) (1830) ... (5694) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.