Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,334 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1831) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4743889 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1828) (1829) (1830) (1831) (1832) (1833) (1834) ... (5690) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nwizu042: 12:04pm On Aug 11, 2019
Taxify riders are just maddd.
Got a trip on 2.8 surge. Was already smiling. Called and he was headed to day star ahh i smiled even more. Arrived and called him and he said he is stepping out. Next thing rider canceled the ride. I immediately knew what's up.
Next thing he showed up and faked ignorance and was like ahh did you cancel the trip and i answered no. I asked what was the estimate he told me, I asked that he should come in but that he is paying that estimate he refused and asked to re order. I checked app, surge don disappear i just hiss go offline, roll my window and zoomed off . na me lose finally and e pain me.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 12:18pm On Aug 11, 2019
mabeni:
steering wheel turns/spins 360 degrees
I was driving home when I notice my steering wheel was up side down so on my next turn I paid more attention and when I turned I could feel it slipping. I made it home put my car in park and turned the wheel and it just kept turning and turning, no locking, no wheels moving, nothing. HELP!
God just saved you from what could be a fatal accident. Somebody is praying for you somewhere

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 11, 2019
Does anyone has experience with Pick-me-up and how they operate?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jesusson2020: 12:38pm On Aug 11, 2019
pope191:

I'm fighting hard to believe u r not a robot, but on d second tot u may not b. Soh down to business, what's the life span for keke napep if I may ask, if u can save 600k, why can't you endure some more to make it 800k? Used to envy keke income till I got involved, nothing is as it seem, even in this business. Keke drivers on truck b/c roads r prone to different kind of stuffs and need u know deh r regular lasma/touts costumer. Last month I was talking to one of them that run on truck D road and he made me to understand he can make between 10 to 12k on a very good day, chairman will take 2500 in the morning for park, other money I can't remember all in total was going close to 3800, he will buy fuel as well, I was just like dis is not it for me, can't invest in dis again. Need you know keke does not have a second hand value and you may not b able to get any good money in bulk. But you may get a uber car for 1 million, make 1.5/2million from it and still sell for 800k, do the maths.

When you said uber partners don't make money, I don't know how you think keke investors make money without glitches, when u sit at home and do the 25k weekly maths, hopefully it goes that way, but sorry business is never like that, unforeseen circumstances will hit you and if u r not strong the pressure will break you. My advice to you if you have 600k as you said, stay strong and make more or seek for loan, you will get a fit uber car for 900k that is going to serve you will and you will b able to buy the 1.8 corolla you long for and still keep that while you have your peace of mind and sanity in check.

I have actually cross check everything before I conclude.

900k Uber car will take you to mechanic every day and remember this is my last money then if I go for loan and car continue to give trouble where will I get another loan to fix the car?

You buy brand new Keke for 600k it comes with warranty, in 1 year you make above 1m by taking 25k weekly rental and sell for 350k. You compare both and tell yourself the truth.

Uber favour we drivers, owners hardly make money. Dru once said he lost money and reinvested, alot of people jump on the fence.

I don't have money for uber car, and I won't involve with buying dead car. So let me start with Keke

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 12:40pm On Aug 11, 2019
Perkins1:

Oga which one be nonsense inside? Me or the question or my friend?
When you want to respond to a polite and naive question, you don't flex your over the bar wit on it.

Gradually we will make the world a better place.
fraud is fraud. I detest it. period!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mabeni(m): 12:51pm On Aug 11, 2019
deedee44:

God just saved you from what could be a fatal accident. Somebody is praying for you somewhere
thanks bro
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 11, 2019
Afternoon Elders, i just realised this afternoon that my car handbrake has refused to go down (its stiff) and car movement stalled too (Drive and reverse).
I just decided to drive it out and get fuel this afternoon and i noticed.
What could be the cause?
Low fuel or what?
Its a Tokunbo Ford which has not been driven out of the compound since it came few weeks ago due to delay in vehicle registration since it came in.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 3:30pm On Aug 11, 2019
The kind rider I have on me now is more then temptation, I'm just holding not losing it, from silverbird road to con oil iketa to fill gas, while filling, she ask me to leave engine running and I try to explain to her that it will only consume my fuel. Later she said we should go to the eatery at Enyo opposite con oil, done getting food, she said she want to use the ATM inside same feeling station, I have to crack the engine for that again. After going back to the gas station, she still took time transferring to the gas seller and now she's using me to buy food stuff at the market beside silver bird road... All this stress won't go beyond 1k, I'm exhausted. It is well

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 3:33pm On Aug 11, 2019
One trailer just spoil today for me. I just de house now. Will fix it tomorrow. I told him d total cost is 25k. He was able to provide 15k las las.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 3:36pm On Aug 11, 2019
Hope I won’t spend up to 15k cos I’ll work on d rear light and I’ll buy the glass and that small glass too by the side.

1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 4:21pm On Aug 11, 2019
xana101:
Hope I won’t spend up to 15k cos I’ll work on d rear light and I’ll buy the glass and that small glass too by the side.

Wow! Sorry boss, let's just say things happen for a reason, when dia is life, hope is in abundance. Tomorrow is another day. Stay strong

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 4:29pm On Aug 11, 2019
pope191:

Wow! Sorry boss, let's just say things happen for a reason, when dia is life, hope is in abundance. Tomorrow is another day. Stay strong
thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dbossmanager: 7:49pm On Aug 11, 2019
xana101:

you sure would bro....rear light alone is like 8k to 10k....but it is well....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by biggie101(m): 7:55pm On Aug 11, 2019
Pls help is really needed......I need to choose BTW a Camry 05 toks and 09 nig used in good condition. Pls I reside in abj and I want to use it for Ehailling
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pappy2000: 9:02pm On Aug 11, 2019
i want to report an my experience with a driver called emmanuel on this forum. this guy is just bad, let me relate my experience with u shortly
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 9:09pm On Aug 11, 2019
biggie101:
Pls help is really needed......I need to choose BTW a Camry 05 toks and 09 big used in good condition. Pls I reside in abj and I want to use it for Ehailling
go for d 2005 Camry. Don’t use any care above 2006 on ehailing for now. Most cars from 2007 have more sensors. U need an ordinary and easy going car for this job.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Perkins1: 9:12pm On Aug 11, 2019
1daboi:
fraud is fraud. I detest it. period!

Oh okay.

I was only asking innocently Sir. Fraud hasn't been committed by me at all. Thanks for detesting it because together we will make the world a better place.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 9:54pm On Aug 11, 2019
Please house since my DL is not yet out, I do offline once a while. Just got a call, will be going to the int'l airport as early as 5am tomorrow(to and fro). What is a reasonable fee to charge? Pick up point: Igando Thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Perkins1: 10:35pm On Aug 11, 2019
Crvrider:
Please house since my DL is not yet out, I do offline once a while. Just got a call, will be going to the int'l airport as early as 5am tomorrow(to and fro). What is a reasonable fee to charge? Pick up point: Igando Thanks.

Easy sturv. Just input on riders app destination and use the estimate to get what you'd charge including interference and wait time.

Na so I dey do my own.

Meanwhile this your DL don tale o. I know I'd read it here sometime ago when you started the processing.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MintDice(m): 10:38pm On Aug 11, 2019
Uber has mostly been a good way for me to travel around town, prices are good, supply seems to be there, so mostly seems good as a decent extra job.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 10:47pm On Aug 11, 2019
Perkins1:

Easy sturv. Just input on riders app destination and use the estimate to get what you'd charge including interference and wait time.

Na so I dey do my own.

Meanwhile this your DL don tale o. I know I'd read it here sometime ago when you started the processing.

Its been crazy my brother, DL process I started since march this year, I don't just want to blow my fuse yet with the guy. God in heaven knows I have giving him more than enough time, more so I still have my day job, uber is something I just want to do on the side.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dumas32(m): 10:48pm On Aug 11, 2019
[quote author=famousguy01 post=80733003]Pls, how can I get someone to help me with the spacer in place of this catalyst, I don tire to dey replace catalyst I beg. I will appreciate if anyone can help me with a competent mechanic that knows about it. Thanks house[/quote
Pls how much does it cost to replace catalyst converter?
]
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Perkins1: 11:05pm On Aug 11, 2019
Crvrider:

Its been crazy my brother, DL process I started since march this year, I don't just want to blow my fuse yet with the guy. God in heaven knows I have giving him more than enough time, more so I still have my day job, uber is something I just want to do on the side.

Oh no wonder. But you should press for it. I heard its between one to two months to get captured nowadays. I was at Unilag FRSC earlier this week
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 11:57pm On Aug 11, 2019
[quote author=Dumas32 post=81167374][/quote] we are on the same boat grin, I learned my lesson the hard way Sha, when you are ready for d spacer I will drop a number of a trusted person I know in d market
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 12:02am On Aug 12, 2019
1daboi:
no try am. In fact no talk am here again. Nonsense

The clown driving this car walked up to me and said he has an uber account for sale, told him straight up I'm not interested in such shady Shiii, he called me a jjc and walked away

Partner, if that's your car, you're in bed with a crook

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 12:03am On Aug 12, 2019
jesusson2020:

I have actually cross check everything before I conclude.

900k Uber car will take you to mechanic every day and remember this is my last money then if I go for loan and car continue to give trouble where will I get another loan to fix the car?

You buy brand new Keke for 600k it comes with warranty, in 1 year you make above 1m by taking 25k weekly rental and sell for 350k. You compare both and tell yourself the truth.

Uber favour we drivers, owners hardly make money. Dru once said he lost money and reinvested, alot of people jump on the fence.

I don't have money for uber car, and I won't involve with buying dead car. So let me start with Keke

Do you think someone on this forum have not bought a car of 900k and break even with it? When I say seek for loan, I'm talking of 100/150k, with the presumed energy you put in, it shouldn't take you 3 weeks to clear that.

You think you will just buy keke 600k and zoom of work starts, pls r you going to pay for park or get a plate number? Did you try to input the cost of that too? And please stop saying 25k in a year, there is variance in business, learnt to keep space for that.

I'll plead with you to stop saying owners are not making money, are you trying to say it safe for owner to increase rentage to 40/45k since you guys make much more. You make 12500 with 3k fuel, owner takes 5k, the company takes 25/15 percent, please how much is left that makes you to make money then the owner?

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 12:29am On Aug 12, 2019
pappy2000:
i want to report an my experience with a driver called emmanuel on this forum. this guy is just bad, let me relate my experience with u shortly
grin grin grin

Shortly we still dey wait

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pocohantas(f): 12:48am On Aug 12, 2019
xana101:
One trailer just spoil today for me. I just de house now. Will fix it tomorrow. I told him d total cost is 25k. He was able to provide 15k las las.

Is your car insured?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jixasi(m): 1:36am On Aug 12, 2019
tojahh:

Na so dem dey talk. Same money Honda Civic 03 is making is what corolla 07 or 09 will make. People are erking a living here bro.

You don't have a car yet you dey find 07 corolla. Wetin concern riders with year of car? When the car is clean, well maintained, driver cautious and professional... . money will hit the bank.

Hahahhaha you dunno wats going on...

Bad Rating delays your request... later year categorize you...

Think deep...

It took me time to discover this... the programmers did serious work on that app on ur phone.... (so many if, else handlers and catchers)

All this people in the offices here in Nigeria are marketers not programmers so they can’t tell u how it works..

In the us if u use a high brand car u get more request dan the others... cus they want to give their customers good service.

Ratings has Little effect...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jixasi(m): 1:38am On Aug 12, 2019
dru23:

Me use uber profit money to by corolla, when I can buy civic for cheaper amount ... do u know how much corolla goes for at the auction?...... And I will than use that for uber ...smh ....not everything I will reveal on nairaland

If you understand my point... I bet u won’t argue with me...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jixasi(m): 1:42am On Aug 12, 2019
Dbossmanager:

oga...learn before u argue in public...90% of your riders wont know the difference between 03...04..07 corollas...the body is literally the same....
I drive on uber too...so I know the business...
Go to any bank of your choice....I would say first bank....u should get a loan....

Here again u get it wrong... who mention rider here U too read before you argue in public..

Rider is not the bone of contention it’s the service providers am talking about here...

Na them Dey bring the riders... so they are the ones looking out for all this things not the riders....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 2:19am On Aug 12, 2019
Perkins1:

Oh okay.

I was only asking innocently Sir. Fraud hasn't been committed by me at all. Thanks for detesting it because together we will make the world a better place.

Two matured minds.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1828) (1829) (1830) (1831) (1832) (1833) (1834) ... (5690) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: jayce232, providencia(m), GeneralZodd(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.