Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1832) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4742278 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1829) (1830) (1831) (1832) (1833) (1834) (1835) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 2:22am On Aug 12, 2019
Crvrider:
Please house since my DL is not yet out, I do offline once a while. Just got a call, will be going to the int'l airport as early as 5am tomorrow(to and fro). What is a reasonable fee to charge? Pick up point: Igando Thanks.

A tru and fro trip I did from Lasu/isheri road to intl airport today.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 4:22am On Aug 12, 2019
pocohantas:

Is your car insured?
I swear, I’ve not insured it yet. I’ve always been very careful. I don’t drive late. I start 6:30am and close 6pm. B4 7pm am at home. Sometimes I don’t drive d car for days.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rubbiish(m): 6:42am On Aug 12, 2019
Crvrider:

Its been crazy my brother, DL process I started since march this year, I don't just want to blow my fuse yet with the guy. God in heaven knows I have giving him more than enough time, more so I still have my day job, uber is something I just want to do on the side.
U better blow ur fuse O
March till now is almost 6 months
It is better u start another processing from a reliable source than hoping on him at expense of time. Driver's license without driving school certificate shouldn't take more than 2 months for capturing at most, with driving school certificate it is just a day. Driving without a driver license is a serious offence, pray u don't get unlucky with these frsc or VIO guys. Call d guy today

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rubbiish(m): 6:51am On Aug 12, 2019
xana101:
I swear, I’ve not insured it yet. I’ve always been very careful. I don’t drive late. I start 6:30am and close 6pm. B4 7pm am at home. Sometimes I don’t drive d car for days.
One can't be too careful with driving regardless of your years of expertise, u may be very careful, but d driver next to u maybe drunk. All these trailers drivers no pity small cars, i always distant them with everything possible.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mabeni(m): 6:53am On Aug 12, 2019
Good morning. Does anyone knows the price of Toyota corolla 2003 Steering Rack?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rubbiish(m): 7:00am On Aug 12, 2019
pocohantas:

Is your car insured?
This insurance of a thing, don't they investigate?
If u are the one at fault, will they do it?
If such incident should occur multiple times within a space of 6 months, will they still do it?
All these our naija insurance company, i no too trust them...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Wisdom7400(m): 7:01am On Aug 12, 2019
PLS, IS 3MB AND EKO BRIDGE BLOCKED? I AM SEEING ROAD CLOSURE ON THE MAP THIS MORNING
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tyche(m): 7:06am On Aug 12, 2019
pope191:

I'll plead with you to stop saying owners are not making money, are you trying to say it safe for owner to increase rentage to 40/45k since you guys make much more. You make 12500 with 3k fuel, owner takes 5k, the company takes 25/15 percent, please how much is left that makes you to make money then the owner?

The boy knows what he's saying. When he was saying that Uber is heaven sent, he was just referring to drivers and not the patners.

The 5k he will take daily is safely saved, the 25/15 % or whatever percentage the company takes will be ploughed back for servicing and major repairs sooner or later. That's why he said the owners are just rotating money and think they are making profit

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 7:08am On Aug 12, 2019
Wisdom7400:
PLS, IS 3MB AND EKO BRIDGE BLOCKED? I AM SEEING ROAD CLOSURE ON THE MAP THIS MORNING
I think it’s only ikorodu road. Hope there was notice.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:34am On Aug 12, 2019
Tyche:

The boy knows what he's saying. When he was saying that Uber is heaven sent, he was just referring to drivers and not the patners.

The 5k he will take daily is safely saved, the 25/15 % or whatever percentage the company takes will be ploughed back for servicing and major repairs sooner or later. That's why he said the owners are just rotating money and think they are making profit

Let's put this thing together, same tin goes for keke, if the rider gives him 3500 per day, he/she can go as well to save 5000 or more by over stressing the tricycle at the expensive of the owner, so what different dose it make? Mind! I'm talking about something I have done before, not a theory.

Now let's look at things from him saving 5k a day after car owner 5k plus fueling around 3k while adding commission of 2k, dats 15k in total, you and I know everyday is not the same unless you want to over stress yourself and make it a must, which is if the morning is not good, I must wait for night or the odd hour. When its all said and done 5 30am to 11pm just to make 5k is like wasting the years of my life, on my part and with the economy situation of this country its called working hard not smart. Here we have to see the owner as an inactive investor and anyone who is into business knows very well that seeking for more then 30% within a certain space of 6 months on investment is a risk on its own, why MMM never made sense. If I invest 1m and get 1.3 back within a space of a year without doing anything, its called money working for me. I don't think fixed deposit can give me a profit of 300k and option of still selling same valuable at a reasonable cost, soh please tell me, how is car owner at the receiving end if the driver keeps to agreement? Mind, car owners have other source of income outside dis as well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 7:47am On Aug 12, 2019
jixasi:

Hahahhaha you dunno wats going on...
Think deep...

All this people in the offices here in Nigeria are marketers not programmers so they can’t tell u how it works..

In the us if u use a high brand car u get more request dan the others... cus they want to give their customers good service.

Ratings has Little effect...

If I understand you well. You mean if a corolla 03 is within 2mins from a rider and an 07 is 15mins away, Uber will pin a request to a car 15mins away of a rider because it is an 07 Toyota Corolla? Ko yé mi rà rà.

Help me understand this, because I haven't seen or experienced a rider asking what year/model of Toyota I drive. Even when I briefly used a peageout 307, I still get my request well better. This makes me reemphasized thus.... When the car is neat, well maintained, driver cautious and professional... Money will hit the bank. Same money with a driver who owns an 07 corolla.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by computerglobal(m): 8:00am On Aug 12, 2019

Comprehensive Vehicle History Report

Contact us on Whats-app now . Just a click away.

https:///+2348060365068

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (Vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068

www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10000072_vehiclehistoryreport_jpeg3e8dde5a1fb4cccbf6626e983b2598da
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 8:01am On Aug 12, 2019
jesusson2020:

I have actually cross check everything before I conclude.

900k Uber car will take you to mechanic every day.

Uber favour we drivers, owners hardly make money. Dru once said he lost money and reinvested, alot of people jump on the fence.

This is false sir. The car I'm using was bought 550k and I don't even visit mechanics not even once in two weeks. I only go there to ask him to ride with me so as to notice if I need any fix.

Secondly, you're so hell bent on agreeing that Uber favours drivers... If this is same. Then keke riding will favor just the riders too. So its same old shiiiii.

Anyway I wish you luck and big chance of breaking even sir.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Perkins1: 8:07am On Aug 12, 2019
XGhost:

The clown driving this car walked up to me and said he has an uber account for sale, told him straight up I'm not interested in such shady Shiii, he called me a jjc and walked away

Partner, if that's your car, you're in bed with a crook

Hahaha that means this thing is real. OMG!! Why do we like to look for corner cutting in everything that comes to Nigeria? angry
Which kind wahala be this? Selling Uber account?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by zubby80(m): 8:09am On Aug 12, 2019
franksam2009:
we are on the same boat grin, I learned my lesson the hard way Sha, when you are ready for d spacer I will drop a number of a trusted person I know in d market
Bros I'll appreciate the spacer details please
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by famousguy01(m): 8:24am On Aug 12, 2019
franksam2009:
we are on the same boat grin, I learned my lesson the hard way Sha, when you are ready for d spacer I will drop a number of a trusted person I know in d market

Bro, pls drop the contact pls I need it badly
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nostradamus: 9:33am On Aug 12, 2019
taxiappguy:

Full bottle of pepper spray.
Her name is Emily.
I know she doesn't look like much.
But she is my baby.
Just close your eyes, spray the car.
Match brake and get the hell out.
Bro, I thought this thing is illegal.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Wisdom7400(m): 10:20am On Aug 12, 2019
EHAILING DRIVERS PARK ALLEN. I SEE ALMOST THE SAME DRIVERS HERE EVERYDAY CHATTING AND CRACKING JOKES ABI NA SO DEM DEY TAKE DO 15TRIPS A DAY?

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Wisdom7400(m): 10:27am On Aug 12, 2019
I PICKED A RIDER FROM AGO PALACE GOING TO FAN STAFF QUARTERS, I MET ROAD SAFETY AFTER DESCENDING FROM THE APAPA/AIRPORT LINK BRIDGE AND THEY REQUESTED TO SEE MY SPARE TYRE AFTER TAKING MY DL. WHEN I OPENED MY TRUNK, THEY SAW IT WAS FOLLOW COME SPARE AND WANTED TO BOOK ME FOR IT SAYING THAT ITS THE MAIN REASON THEY ARE ON THE ROAD TODAY. NA SO MY RIDER APPROACHED THEM WITH DIPLOMACY AND PLEADED ON MY BEHALF, THEY HAD TO LET ME GO. SOME RIDERS DEY TRY SHA...IF NA ONLY ME DEM DON BOOK ME BE THAT.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 11:08am On Aug 12, 2019
Wisdom7400:
I PICKED A RIDER FROM AGO PALACE GOING TO FAN STAFF QUARTERS, I MET ROAD SAFETY AFTER DESCENDING FROM THE APAPA/AIRPORT LINK BRIDGE AND THEY REQUESTED TO SEE MY SPARE TYRE AFTER TAKING MY DL. WHEN I OPENED MY TRUNK, THEY SAW IT WAS FOLLOW COME SPARE AND WANTED TO BOOK ME FOR IT SAYING THAT ITS THE MAIN REASON THEY ARE ON THE ROAD TODAY. NA SO MY RIDER APPROACHED THEM WITH DIPLOMACY AND PLEADED ON MY BEHALF, THEY HAD TO LET ME GO. SOME RIDERS DEY TRY SHA...IF NA ONLY ME DEM DON BOOK ME BE THAT.

Please which one is follow come spare?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 11:12am On Aug 12, 2019
Nostradamus:
Bro, I thought this thing is illegal.
It may be, but so is kidnapping or murder. I would choose to have this than have those other greater evils done to me.
In any case, I'm out of the game.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 11:21am On Aug 12, 2019
Wisdom7400:

They Don burst me too because of that axial tire shiit angry

Wanted to book the car because I wasn't with my original DL angry Had to let go of 2500

Since then, once I dey descend that bridge, na to match throttle cool
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oluwaseunla(m): 11:24am On Aug 12, 2019
Rubbiish:

This insurance of a thing, don't they investigate?
If u are the one at fault, will they do it?
If such incident should occur multiple times within a space of 6 months, will they still do it?
All these our naija insurance company, i no too trust them...

I have always used Axamansard, and yes, they fix all the vehicles involved, as long as it is an accident, irrespective of whose fault it is. Operative word here is that it has to be an accident.

And yes, I have had to process claims more than once on same vehicles within a few months apart, and they pay up. They are frankly the best I know of, having sampled a few of those companies. They give less stress when a claim arises.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:29am On Aug 12, 2019
Wisdom7400:
EHAILING DRIVERS PARK ALLEN. I SEE ALMOST THE SAME DRIVERS HERE EVERYDAY CHATTING AND CRACKING JOKES ABI NA SO DEM DEY TAKE DO 15TRIPS A DAY?
U never see anything, go chevron drive make u see them. I don't know how they meet up sef
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:30am On Aug 12, 2019
Wisdom7400:
So that tire is not good? I don't understand
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rubbiish(m): 11:32am On Aug 12, 2019
oluwaseunla:

I have always used Axamansard, and yes, they fix all the vehicles involved, as long as it is an accident, irrespective of whose fault it is. Operative word here is that it has to be an accident.

And yes, I have had to process claims more than once on same vehicles within a few months apart, and they pay up. They are frankly the best I know of, having sampled a few of those companies. They give less stress when a claim arises.
Thanks for d explanation sir
The bold is my fear, when claim arises, i know many insurance company may come up with cumbersome process

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rubbiish(m): 11:33am On Aug 12, 2019
Gentlelife50:

U never see anything, go chevron drive make u see them. I don't know how they meet up sef
Lol

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rubbiish(m): 11:38am On Aug 12, 2019
tojahh:

If I understand you well. You mean if a corolla 03 is within 2mins from a rider and an 07 is 15mins away, Uber will pin a request to a car 15mins away of a rider because it is an 07 Toyota Corolla? Ko yé mi rà rà.

Help me understand this, because I haven't seen or experienced a rider asking what year/model of Toyota I drive. Even when I briefly used a peageout 307, I still get my request well better. This makes me reemphasized thus.... When the car is neat, well maintained, driver cautious and professional... Money will hit the bank. Same money with a driver who owns an 07 corolla.
I dont see any argument here
The only difference between 03 corolla and 07 corolla is just d head rest at back in d middle.
If u are not into vehicles, u wont even notice
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cooladex(m): 11:49am On Aug 12, 2019
lorhema:
Good evening brethren.

We requested a ride on Uber this morning but the driver's profile did not have his car license plate details. We cancelled immediately.

Although we tried to contact Uber, there wasn't an option to click to report such an incident.

This evening, we have been able to get the 400 naira cancellation fee reversed.

I don't understand how a driver can operate on Uber without license plate details on his profile. Especially when riders can report when the plate number of the car that arrives is different from the one on the driver's profile.

Can anyone explain what happened this morning? I think it is an issue of rider security.

It a a network glitch. No big deals

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pocohantas(f): 11:50am On Aug 12, 2019
xana101:

Lol. Accidents can happen anytime between the hrs of 6:30am-6pm, same hrs you operate.

I asked because it seems you have shortchanged yourself. The only time I did that, I knew I was going to file for claims. Please insure your car, I use AxaMansard.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 12:00pm On Aug 12, 2019
Wisdom7400:

You mean dt donut spare tire (follow come ) is illegal or not recommended in nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 12:12pm On Aug 12, 2019
Rubbiish:

Thanks for d explanation sir
The bold is my fear, when claim arises, i know many insurance company may come up with cumbersome process

Try law union n rock insurance
3rd party hit my car and just pictures of scene we showed dem and filled form. Next thing dey came to visit car at my Mecho shop and Negotiated price. Cheque was written in my favor not their client. Seamless
Well I'm not advertising for them just to let u know dt Nigerians are ignorant of how insurance operates

(1) (2) (3) ... (1829) (1830) (1831) (1832) (1833) (1834) (1835) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.