Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,288 members, 7,836,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1962) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4819172 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1959) (1960) (1961) (1962) (1963) (1964) (1965) ... (5706) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MERCHANDISER: 8:28am On Oct 09, 2019
Ogbunigwe2018:
What is this What is OPAY
comot from ur village you'll know

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 8:31am On Oct 09, 2019
xana101:
it all depend on where u start from. Where u reside. Me I do more than that every week cos I stay at gbagada. If u live at ikorodu, iyanoba igando and so on, it will be difficult to net 100k weekly.
oga xana. How do you start your day? Can you give us a brief walk through, tips, positioning and all.

Thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cooladex(m): 8:38am On Oct 09, 2019
pope191:

OK ma Oga... Hope y deh rest as said today

I rested boss. Out today sha

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Peacemaker126: 8:53am On Oct 09, 2019
Morning guys pls you guys should be careful don’t buy Nigeria use car form car 45 like they do say be wise nor go buy problem where be say u and mechanic go be 5 and 6 best friends mechanic go they smile grin each day u go they cry lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ogbunigwe2018: 9:04am On Oct 09, 2019
MERCHANDISER:
comot from ur village you'll know

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Buynowautos: 9:11am On Oct 09, 2019
Just like every other business the rain is really affecting business. We can only hope for a sunny thursday, friday and saturday

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:26am On Oct 09, 2019
ndubuis:
Is it really a good idea to display ones earnings in public like this? There's a bit of security risk and danger associated to this, if you ask me. It leaves other drivers prone to attack by thieves, police and other security agents. A novice in this game may clap for this without knowing what the real deal is. Na Naija we still dey oo! Especilly for those that work at night.
If it is a state where kidnapping is business, with all these flashy dashboard displays, Uber drivers will be kidnapped every blessed day grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 09, 2019
Peacemaker126:
Morning guys pls you guys should be careful don’t buy Nigeria use car form car 45 like they do say be wise nor go buy problem where be say u and mechanic go be 5 and 6 best friends mechanic go they smile grin each day u go they cry lipsrsealed

What was your experience like?
To add to the piece of advice elders on this hustle have given out several times, do not use just any car for this hustle ,be it Tokunbo or brand new, stick with the recommended brands :Toyota Corolla, Honda civic ,Honda city and Hyundai) .
I thought i was wise enough using a Ford Mondeo Tokunbo for e hailing despite all the warnings and pleads from people who've been on the hustle for over a year but i got my hand burnt.
The little money i earned on this hustle for just three weeks was spent on fixing the car ,even had to borrow from friends : AC Evaporator, Compressor, fan blower, Brake pads and Battery, now, it's the shock absorber, oxygen sensor and spare tyre despite minimal hours on the road. But i am taking the car back home before i go bankrupt.
This is the end of my e hailing journey.
I wish you guys all the very best and pray, life gets better for everyone.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ajoks533: 9:36am On Oct 09, 2019
Plz guys, I am sorry for interrupting the flow of discussion on the trade.

Let me start by saying good morning. I am based in Ph and want to relocate to either of Lagos or Abuja to start life afresh as things ain't going as they used to down here in PH.

A friend advised I sell off my 2002 Toyota Highlander and but a smaller car with less maintenance and fuel economy, so I can use it to go into uber in either of Lagos or Abuja.

I know I might not be able to get up to 1.5m on my Highlander, say I can be able to get like 1.2m on it and I don't have plans of where I can get more to add to it to be able to buy a car and have enough left to really hit the road in any of the cities.

Hence, I decided to come in here and seek for some advice from my brothers and possibly sisters who are already in the business. Please your kind advice and guidance is welcome.

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 9:55am On Oct 09, 2019
Is it me or what? I've not been able to rate any rider Since today!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 9:59am On Oct 09, 2019
MERCHANDISER:
yes sir

Not sure this particular one will fly
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 10:02am On Oct 09, 2019
xana101:
it all depend on where u start from. Where u reside. Me I do more than that every week cos I stay at gbagada. If u live at ikorodu, iyanoba igando and so on, it will be difficult to net 100k weekly.

Thank you for buttressing my point. You can make any amount regardless of where you live tho. You just need to know when to move.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 10:04am On Oct 09, 2019
BTW, where is jesusson2020? Is he still with us? Or he's running his Keke now? Has eherbal kidnapped him? Just checking on a brother

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 10:05am On Oct 09, 2019
[quote author=akaynezi post=82972597][/quote]
grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 10:06am On Oct 09, 2019
ajoks533:

Let me start by saying good morning. I am based in Ph and want to relocate to either of Lagos or Abuja to start life afresh as things ain't going as they used to down here in PH.

A friend advised I sell off my 2002 Toyota Highlander and but a smaller car with less maintenance and fuel economy, so I can use it to go into uber in either of Lagos or Abuja.

I know I might not be able to get up to 1.5m on my Highlander, say I can be able to get like 1.2m on it and I don't have plans of where I can get more to add to it to be able to buy a car and have enough left to really hit the road in any of the cities.

Hence, I decided to come in here and seek for some advice from my brothers and possibly sisters who are already in the business. Please your kind advice and guidance is welcome.

Thanks

If the highlander is still sound, you can use it. No need selling it to buy something worse except you get a good deal

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by PShegzo: 10:06am On Oct 09, 2019
Drivers that live around egbeda, akowonjo, ejigbo needed...

Cars available for immediate use
Contact Segun - 07086704168
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 10:08am On Oct 09, 2019
muyiwaadekunle1:

To add to the piece of advice elders on this hustle have given out several times, do not use just any car for this hustle ,be it Tokunbo or brand new, stick with the recommended brands :Toyota Corolla, Honda civic ,Honda city and Hyundai) .
I thought i was wise enough using a Ford Mondeo Tokunbo for e hailing despite all the warnings and pleads from people who've been on the hustle for over a year but i got my hand burnt.
The little money i earned on this hustle for just three weeks was spent on fixing the car ,even had to borrow from friends : AC Evaporator, Compressor, fan blower, Brake pads and Battery, now, it's the shock absorber, oxygen sensor and spare tyre despite minimal hours on the road. But i am taking the car back home before i go bankrupt.
So sorry about your ordeal man, but u can still look for a car to rent. So you can raise small change then fix the car and sell it and go for another brand

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 10:10am On Oct 09, 2019
muyiwaadekunle1:

Wish you didn’t have to throw in the towel this early. Cars will give issues trust me. You don’t have to fix all, just the essential parts.

The parts you’ve fixed won’t go bad for a while. You have to harken your mind on this job. It’s not for the faint hearted.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ajoks533: 10:41am On Oct 09, 2019
kodred:

If the highlander is still sound, you can use it. No need selling it to buy something worse except you get a good deal
Thanks for the reply... The Highlander is not completely in good shape as it can swallow fuel for Africa.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by A305: 10:58am On Oct 09, 2019
muyiwaadekunle1:

why not sell? Get a rental car to save to supplement money you got from the Ford sales and get you a corrolla, civic or matrix?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rubbiish(m): 11:11am On Oct 09, 2019
ajoks533:

Thanks
I heard uber or bolt is in PH now
Why are u relocating?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Y1nka(m): 11:18am On Oct 09, 2019
Buynowautos:
Wow, what a day rain dulling things all roads flooded.

Got bashed by an okada rider at oniru. sad

Oga mi sir, I don’t want to be bashed (literally) by u sir o. I know say I never pass beating o.

But except that Road is a one way street against on going traffic, u sir (with due respect sir), rammed that bike air.

You were turning from a street, and already fully facing ongoing traffic .

But that one na long thing, sir . Is Benz c240 2005 among that range of good Benz a young boy fit reason abeg?!

Thanks in advance o
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ajoks533: 11:43am On Oct 09, 2019
Rubbiish:

I heard uber or bolt is in PH now
Why are u relocating?
The market is not thriving as in cities like Lagos or Abuja. Coupled with the insecurity issues, bad road network, bad road condition(drive a tokunbo car here for 3 months, na noise you go dey hear everywhere) and the mentality of people down here (Keke, Taxi and bus)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 09, 2019
kodred:

Wish you didn’t have to throw in the towel this early. Cars will give issues trust me. You don’t have to fix all, just the essential parts.

The parts you’ve fixed won’t go bad for a while. You have to harken your mind on this job. It’s not for the faint hearted.

My bro, i thought about it too but these issues are way too many for me to handle and it makes me sick to my stomach.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Peacemaker126: 11:59am On Oct 09, 2019
muyiwaadekunle1:

Jesus Christ just for 1 car,what u have to understand is not about buying Toyota or any other car all cars are good for the buniess but the question u have to ask urself is how good is the car what have been the history of the car how many years have it be damage,for what people say Toyota cars are the best and the parts are cheap,my brother if Toyota Corolla give u problem u go hate ur self when them start to they tell u the price and for Honda the 2 front leg can pull any day without even giving u a sign.like I do tell my friends it all dpend of the history of the car some people are wicked when them see engine done they dead they we sell it off make another person carry the problem no body is truthful when it comes to cAr,are seller can say nothing to fix just buy and drive my brother after 1 week or even 5 days problem done start when u call the buyer they tell am oga this car this and this done spoil the seller go say eh this car never do like this before oo u nor driver when it take spoil the seller no oo but he just act like he does not..all I could say is don’t give up as u fit it buy good one and make sure is the right mechanic that knows the car than ask a rewire to check every thing.l,I no it we cost u but close eye do am after 3 months u we gain ur money back by God grace and u we still come here and comment ur car is the best I was once in same shoes but for 1 months now my car never get any issues have gain the money I use to fit it back,just have faith bro
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Buynowautos: 12:01pm On Oct 09, 2019
Y1nka:

Oga mi sir, I don’t want to be bashed (literally) by u sir o. I know say I never pass beating o.

But except that Road is a one way street against on going traffic, u sir (with due respect sir), rammed that bike air.

You were turning from a street, and already fully facing ongoing traffic .

But that one na long thing, sir . Is Benz c240 2005 among that range of good Benz a young boy fit reason abeg?!

Thanks in advance o

Ok, thanks for comment. That is maruwa beach roundabout.

The bike represented by the red line.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cooladex(m): 12:02pm On Oct 09, 2019
tojahh:

See how you mention my name alongside chairman adex. You come leave Odogwu Izzuo, Otumba Fabian, Pope himself, buynowautos. Abeg I no fit type again. Like this I dey hold up for ikorodu road.

Meanwhile as you serve the Nation, develop yourself and look beyond ehailing, get the needed skills, acquire certificates on courses that will enhance your chances and make way for you. If you don have the finance.... Learn a trade while you serve. Me self might not be here by the time you'll finish your device to mentor you, but stay with the advice I gave.

Hope you obey the clarion call in total honesty. God bless you

Lol. Keep whining oga mi

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Y1nka(m): 12:11pm On Oct 09, 2019
bradpitt4040:

Pls can I get your dail asap..

I don’t know who may need this , but I found these on Jiji while window shopping for a particular Benz.

Kindly proceed with caution and follow all protocols.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Y1nka(m): 12:14pm On Oct 09, 2019
muyiwaadekunle1:

My bro, i thought about it too but these issues are way too many for me to handle and it makes me sick to my stomach.

If you can, borrow money to fix everything in the car, then move on.

If any car is bad, it will make u see hell
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Buynowautos: 12:14pm On Oct 09, 2019
Ok, starting of today late rain nor let person see road. Yesterday traffic going to my axis was a mess. Imagine drive time being about 1hur 15min

But this baby needs a bath.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ogbunigwe2018: 12:35pm On Oct 09, 2019
muyiwaadekunle1:

I have not seen the money you spent on your car.
What you did was routine maintenance. IMHO.

Your AC issue was not approached professionally. Someone asked you to visit Musbos, but you chose otherwise.
Battery can fail in any car, same as struts, brake pads e.t.c.

You are talking about civic; ask Tojah how he dealt with a transmission issue.
Or is it corolla that is not flood-friendly "wheel hubs"

Unless

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 12:48pm On Oct 09, 2019
Cooladex:

Lol. Keep whining oga mi

Ah no know say u observe.... I just deh look grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1959) (1960) (1961) (1962) (1963) (1964) (1965) ... (5706) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.