Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,337 members, 7,860,836 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:05 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2021) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4885548 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2018) (2019) (2020) (2021) (2022) (2023) (2024) ... (5719) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 9:00am On Oct 28, 2019
tol8u:

Castrol is not affordable ooo- 1 litre is like 3,500 and I think 5litres is 12-15k

Yeah, it's expensive, I buy from them

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 9:01am On Oct 28, 2019
calabardick:

They should better read and learn, in as much as I don't trouble you, you've no right to trouble me, if you try it na 3MB I'll end your trip, treat your fvckup and kick you out of my car. Uber have authorise us to abort any idiotic trip.

I see one lowlife punk downgrading drivers because he feels he's working with a heavenly downstream or whatever.
I personally work with an upstream - E & P (Automation Engineer, studied and certified in Brazil ), works offshore (2 weeks in/out). I resigned from a reputable military service to further my studies. Instead of staying idle I decide to romance uber, it's fun and stressful out there, it resets my brain as well.

Driving with uber have expose me to both angels and demons, it really shaped my life in so many ways, I've learned a lot.

Drivers deserves to be respected, it's not easy.

On Friday I picked one nasty lady that was insulting and commanding me to drive like James Bond, I ignored her and she tapped my shoulder from behind and said "mr. Man I'm talking to you", I didn't say anything and she began ranting, I ignored her. According to airtel THAT THING DEY PAIN.

When we get to Blenco she mannerlessly asked me to stop for her to shop, and I did.
She get inside, I followed her, we shopped at the end of the shopping I purposely stood behind her, my items were 10x more than what she picked and she asked me who I am, I humbly showed her my IDs when we entered the car, that's when sudden humility overshadowed her she now switched to the front seat, I ended the trip there, gave her a free ride to gulf at lakowe, without collecting a kobo from her for the entire ride.
When she asked me why I offer her a free ride, I told her UBER DRIVERS AREN'T POOR.

She called around 11pm, I didn't pick her call, she dropped a message [just checking on you]

I use iPad for uber, fuuuck CEOs

Oh wish I could give you a beet and a thousand likes! Now they have seen a more bigger boy doing Uber...with better networth o.

Bros abeg I like to meet you not for anything but just to shake your hand and chop suya with you.

In the meantime... Let there be radio silent.

14 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 9:14am On Oct 28, 2019
ajoks533:

I no believe this story cos you never finish am... So wetin you wan talk be say las las you come leave the N200 for her. As per wetin na? You never talk werin transpired between una 2. You are a suspect lol

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 9:19am On Oct 28, 2019
anonimi:

Thanks for sharing your experience, especially the bold portion.
Many of us need to learn to be law abiding and respectful, no matter who we are dealing with. Instead of blaming everything on leadership, when the leaders simply reflect who we are.
Cheers.

Thanks!

This work is a great school,
- it teaches me humility
- endurance
- sacrificing
- deep understanding of lagosians
- it heightens my understanding of safe driving
- it expose me to many classes of people
- it teaches me hardworking
- self discipline
- it gives me deep understanding of women (I have a lot to say on this)
- and lots more

There are many that doesn't have but are willing to give
There are many that have and aren't willing to give
There are many that have and are willing to give
There are many that doesn't have and aren't willing to give
There are many that doesn't have but pretend to have
There are many that have and present themselves as poor

I can write books out of the few months I've been on that platform

Altogether it's fun, drama kings and queens everywhere

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by anonimi: 9:25am On Oct 28, 2019
calabardick:
Thanks!

- it teaches me humility
- endurance
- sacrificing
- self discipline
- and lots more

There are many that doesn't have but present to have

cheesy wink

For the bold part.
By the way, I have come across some comfortable retired grandpas who do Uber to keep busy and have fun also.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:18am On Oct 28, 2019
tojahh:

Oh wish I could give you a beet and a thousand likes! Now they have seen a more bigger boy doing Uber...with better networth o.

Bros abeg I like to meet you not for anything but just to shake your hand and chop suya with you.

In the meantime... Let there be radio silent.

U nd food fah, can't u give someone a plaque? Fayose must b ur *menthol* grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:29am On Oct 28, 2019
calabardick:

Thanks!

- it teaches me humility
- endurance
- sacrificing
- self discipline
- and lots more

There are many that doesn't have but present to have

Boss where did u burst out form? You r just bursting my bubbles on a suck monday morning of finding myself in Ayobo grin exploration is the way we grow, this job gave me that, makes me feel like I've been to the end of the world and back... Lekki used to be the height of d world, probably still before giving into driving, but on the second tot I ask myself, what's in lekki? The only effect I'm having now is dealing with the female folks around me, I find it hard to argue with them, like our sense of reasoning doesn't flow in same direction... I just feel like do what you want to do, take what you want, its before that I can argue and stand my ground, but now the energy is not just dia, I look more than talk.

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 10:47am On Oct 28, 2019
pope191:

U nd food fah, can't u give someone a plaque? Fayose must b ur *menthol* grin

This life I can't kill myself... Allow me to flex o

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Luxurydriverng: 10:59am On Oct 28, 2019
This rain that has refused to stop, taking yet another day off. Got a trip from my neighbourhood to iyana paja and got another back to my neighbourhood, I saw that as a sign to take the day off

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vicolame(m): 11:13am On Oct 28, 2019
calabardick:

Yes, I have one to recommend.
The only company that can do this is YOU!

I am sure you mean You Nigeria Limited?
#Jekomo
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 11:22am On Oct 28, 2019
pope191:

Boss where did u burst out form? You r just bursting my bubbles on a suck monday morning of finding myself in Ayobo grin exploration is the way we grow, this job gave me that, makes me feel like I've been to the end of the world and back... Lekki used to be the height of d world, probably still before giving into driving, but on the second tot I ask myself, what's in lekki? The only effect I'm having now is dealing with the female folks around me, I find it out to argue with them, like our sense of reasoning doesn't flow in same direction... I just feel like do what you want to do, take what you want, its before that I can argue and stand my ground, but now the energy is not just dia, I look more than talk.

At the bolded, very true. It is one of the best ways to deal peacefully with women without running mad. At times, I just concur despite knowing I have my own different plans.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 11:36am On Oct 28, 2019
pope191:

Bros take me as u see me nah grin
You try jare cool

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 11:37am On Oct 28, 2019
peeps4u:
You're hereby awarded the driver of the year!!!!!

You really humbled that lady.

I don't think why some people think someone who probably owns that car is poor because he drives uber.

It is the pride that makes some riders act irresponsibly to drivers and they start ranting when the drivers return the favour.

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 12:16pm On Oct 28, 2019
pope191:
My last 2 riders r just funny set of people, my rating have dropped so drastically, but its all good. The drag with the first was passing the toll gate when it was opened freely to all motorist, so she insist not to pay for toll gate and I made her understand, I'm meant to take what the app display. The second one went to mart to get some stuff, from dia to 2 different banks, then to get shawarma, as we r driving on she saw a local food vendor and ask me if I can cross over to get food for her... I turned to her in funny manner and ask what? She said food, I crack a smile and politely tell her no, I don't do such. I drive on and she saw another place and ask if I can help her get food nah, other drivers do help out, I'm wicked, dis dat, I'm going to get a star... It is well, this too shall pass

Go to the trip history and report the rider, explain what happened. No time.
Every time I fill the uber survey, rider orientation is one of the issues I raise.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 12:38pm On Oct 28, 2019
calabardick:

They should better read and learn, in as much as I don't trouble you, you've no right to trouble me, if you try it na 3MB I'll end your trip, treat your fvckup and kick you out of my car. Uber have authorise us to abort any idiotic trip.

I see one lowlife punk downgrading drivers because he feels he's working with a heavenly downstream or whatever.
I personally work with an upstream - E & P (Automation Engineer, studied and certified in Brazil ), works offshore (2 weeks in/out). I resigned from a reputable military service to further my studies. Instead of staying idle I decide to romance uber, it's fun and stressful out there, it resets my brain as well.

Driving with uber have expose me to both angels and demons, it really shaped my life in so many ways, I've learned a lot.

On Friday I picked one nasty lady that was insulting and commanding me to drive like James Bond, I ignored her and she tapped my shoulder from behind and said "mr. Man I'm talking to you", I didn't say anything and she began ranting, I ignored her. According to airtel THAT THING DEY PAIN.

When we get to Blenco she mannerlessly asked me to stop for her to shop, and I did.
She get inside, I followed her, we shopped at the end of the shopping I purposely stood behind her, my items were 10x more than what she picked and she asked me who I am, I humbly showed her my IDs when we entered the car, that's when sudden humility overshadowed her she now switched to the front seat, I ended the trip there, gave her a free ride to gulf at lakowe, without collecting a kobo from her for the entire ride.
When she asked me why I offer her a free ride, I told her UBER DRIVERS AREN'T POOR.

She called around 11pm, I didn't pick her call, she dropped a message [just checking on you]

You should turn this into a book. I read it twice!!!!

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 28, 2019
Dovehorizon:
@Radautos and Gazzuzz, pls one of you should help this young man, possibly tell him parts to buy and also attach a little service fee to it.

Dont give up Bruv, you certainly gonna breakthrough this obstacle...

Thank you bro. I actually spoke with GAZZUZ on WhatsApp and he advised me to take it to ojuelegba which i did and every other thing they've done aside the fuel pump issue is perfect.
The car is fun to drive, handling and performance is top notch ,AC is freezing even on its lowest when the car is in top shape but since this fuel pump issue started, the car has almost made me HBP patient.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 12:58pm On Oct 28, 2019
peeps4u:
How dare you turn down rider's request to buy her food?
If you can't please your rider, please take your car off Uber platform
grin grin grin grin grin grin

this is the best sarcastic statement yet grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emmancecute(m): 1:09pm On Oct 28, 2019
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 1:11pm On Oct 28, 2019
calabardick:

Can riders also condemn this lady as they do when drivers do this to riders?

I hope we can see that drivers are humans like riders, the only reason so many riders overflog drivers' issues is just simply because of pride and that wrong thought that they are above the drivers on social class.
Had this young man approached this girl and hadn't humbled her, this lady could have ranted on social media and others riders will support her like "those drivers are rude and unprofessional blablablabla..........." But instead, the lady is the one on the "common driver's" case calling and texting.

All the CEOs and those who rant because a driver cancel trips like the drivers are meant to be their slaves should eat humble pie. That one drives uber doesnt mean he's poor or you're better than him.

Go to my town, Modakeke, and see a lot of young guys, less than 30 that have already landlords and married. Does anyone ordinarily want to do it? NO. But situationsand responsibilities for them there and many of them are doing well for themselves. But one young man who has no piece of land will look down on those young okada men.

Respect people's hustles, whether you obviously do better than them or not

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 1:29pm On Oct 28, 2019
peeps4u:
Your head dey there.

There was a time Otedola took Molue, though some might say it was a public stunt, but it is a confirmation these people also occasionally go for normal lifestyles as every individual.

Beside, I don't even think any top CEO will put his hot line or biz line on Uber or any ehailing platform.

most of the CEOs I've carried had their assistants order Uber for them. and I can tell you on authority,they ride uber.its the least things anyone will think of them doing,just like someone here.
they're humans like us,and some of them don't want unnecessary attention

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by anonimi: 1:51pm On Oct 28, 2019
Luxurydriverng:
This rain that has refused to stop, taking yet another day off. Got a trip from my neighbourhood to iyana paja and got another back to my neighbourhood, I saw that as a sign to take the day off

Wise man ...................... as long as you don't overdo the days off vis-a-vis the essential bills to be paid. cheesy

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3473612_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by anonimi: 2:00pm On Oct 28, 2019
XGhost:
Go to the trip history and report the rider, explain what happened. No time.
Every time I fill the uber survey, rider orientation is one of the issues I raise.

Nice tip............................I did not know of this.
Thanks bros. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tyche(m): 2:04pm On Oct 28, 2019
Ogbunigwe2018:

Civic is more reliable in all ramifications than a corolla.
My 100% experience.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 2:10pm On Oct 28, 2019
tojahh:

Bros lock up... You know only what is available to you. I gave you the name of the company whose CEO drove on my ride you are here speaking English. The CEO is worth more than 200milion in naira. Go and look it up and stop trying to change the subject matter. You're not the only one opportuned to meet these people if at all.
Note... These people understands the risk of what they're doing but trust their guts! Even a common man like you has value sir

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 3:00pm On Oct 28, 2019
calabardick:

Uber driver of the year!

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ogbunigwe2018: 4:12pm On Oct 28, 2019
[quote author=Tyche post=83533688][/quote]

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Y1nka(m): 4:18pm On Oct 28, 2019
calabardick:

Thank you boss, for fighting our war..

On behalf of Lagos Uber drivers...... double Twale sir!!!

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Luxurydriverng: 4:18pm On Oct 28, 2019
anonimi:

Wise man ...................... as long as you don't overdo the days off vis-a-vis the essential bills to be paid. cheesy

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3473612_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

I eventually came out oh, couldn't resisted the trip that entered, from my bed request entered I asked rider where she was heading to, omo na after 2nd till gate oh trip ended 6,700 grin as I drop her another enter return trip to oyinbo. I don gross 11k + I just dey hope for trip back to mainland cos i cant sleep street inside this cold.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Luxurydriverng: 4:29pm On Oct 28, 2019
The kin mosquito that bite me the last time I slept inside car for lekki, I give my self brain buy car mosquito net incase the need to sleep street come up again (which can be inevitable sometimes)

Like if you have had similar experience, share if you have never slept on the street in the course of this hustle cool

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 4:53pm On Oct 28, 2019
Y1nka:

Thank you boss, for fighting our war..

On behalf of Lagos Uber drivers...... double Twale sir!!!
Lol, he is the real CEO
grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by okiyi: 6:01pm On Oct 28, 2019
Luxurydriverng:
The kin mosquito that bite me the last time I slept inside car for lekki, I give my self brain buy car mosquito net incase the need to sleep street come up again (which can be inevitable sometimes)

Like if you have had similar experience, share if you have never slept on the street in the course of this hustle cool

This looks like a Benz...Is this the ride you use on Uber?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by okiyi: 6:04pm On Oct 28, 2019
Freshprince91:
So today, i set out to work on uber because taxify refused to inspect my brother's Kia Rio, 2007 model, they said its small and has a low ground clearance, their words not mine.
I have uploaded every document on the uber platform but i haven't use it since i started e hailing last month with my Ford Mondeo aka Evil Spirit ,taxify was enough for me, so i added his vehicle to the platform with his vehicle inspection report done in January by the last driver .
Left Maryland around 7am and got a trip to Montgomery road, Yaba, then to Okota road, then another short trip to ilasamaja before a trip took me to mushin, then another to Conal road Yaba and another to Maryland.
Did about 5 short trips and headed home to eat and charge my phone.
We had a power cut, 20 minutes into the house and i decided to set destination trip to Lekki because i love driving on the island, mainland trips gets me apprehensive.
Long story short, destination trip didn't work out, had to settle for Deeper life, Gbagada. Dropped the rider and stayed 35 mins with no trip, went round Diya and two other streets, yet, no trip and i couldn't turn back home because of the heavy traffic i saw heading back towards Anthony-Oshodi expressway , so i blew empty to Ikoyi .
I have completed another 5 short annoying trips and my payment reads 5.900 naira. 10 fucking trips!
I don't think i have ever completed 10 trips on taxify when i was using The Ford Evil Spirit and i always gross between 8-9k on my 7th trip or so.
Elders, wey dey run uber hustle alone, abeg shay na like this e go dey be?

The positive side is that u're halfway into the 20 trip/3% service charge target in just a day

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2018) (2019) (2020) (2021) (2022) (2023) (2024) ... (5719) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: ncnerio and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.