Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,304 members, 7,860,751 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:32 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2024) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4884984 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2021) (2022) (2023) (2024) (2025) (2026) (2027) ... (5719) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:17am On Oct 29, 2019
calabardick:

Yes my engineer.
I've never done that before but that lady overdo, I have overlooked worst cases.
But ignoring them isn't the best. We should keep correcting them one after the other.

our money go finish o grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Godfullsam(m): 8:18am On Oct 29, 2019
Can i use a clean honda civic 1998 model for uber?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 8:23am On Oct 29, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

our money go finish o grin

Hahahahahaha
One almost slap me last night, thank God it was a card trip. Before she say JACK, I've already ended the trip.
She asked me to wait for her maid to join me and dump some trash at the estate gate.

Karashikas, God pass them.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 8:37am On Oct 29, 2019
Godfullsam:
Can i use a clean honda civic 1998 model for uber?

2000 upward for uber.
2003 upward for bolt/taxify.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:07am On Oct 29, 2019
radautoworks:

Please, where is the brag? I stated an opinion on a discussion but of course you couldn't disagree civily and had to start calling names.

I may not be an Uber driver but I follow this thread to understand the life of one and try to see what might be helpful to one. For someone like me who delivers a service, I'm ineffective unless I understand every demographic in the market and their needs... But what do I know, I'm just a clown ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Have a great evening
You follow this thread to get more customers grin cheesy

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 9:24am On Oct 29, 2019
calabardick:

Hahahahahaha
One almost slap me last night, thank God it was a card trip. Before she say JACK, I've already ended the trip.
She asked me to wait for her maid to join me and dump some trash at the estate gate.

Lighting oven is part of the job, but choose your ovens wisely. Some of them may just be frustrated due to kongile or just heart broken. If you can try hitting their g-s-p-o-t, oh sorry, soft spot they will succumb. Take this as advice from a brother to another.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by confusedworld17: 9:45am On Oct 29, 2019
Hmnn... Some holy people don dey compare picking up money on the floor with returning rider's item.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ogbunigwe2018: 9:55am On Oct 29, 2019
calabardick:

Hahahahahaha

Why always you

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by teeboi77: 10:01am On Oct 29, 2019
TOYOTA CAMRY 05 Naija used available on HP @ 1.5M.

10% Down payment (150k)

Balance spread for a period of 14 months.

Call or Whatsapp 08052405680 for inspection and Discussion.

Thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 10:03am On Oct 29, 2019
I teach my kids not to ever take what doesn't belong to them. In my family, there's nothing like finders keeper. You find, you turn it in to the authorities; or you leave it there.

That was what my parents taught me. I am teaching my kids the same.

If I offend your sensibilities with this opinion, I am sorry. For you.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 10:24am On Oct 29, 2019
nitigriti:
I teach my kids not to ever take what doesn't belong to them. In my family, there's nothing like finders keeper. You find, you turn it to the authorities; or you leave it there.

ok for instance, you mean if you see £2m in a briefcase on a subway drive, you will return it to the government grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Luxurydriverng: 10:56am On Oct 29, 2019
toomush:

Not true sir... during my driving days, I never slept on the road. Countless times I have driven empty from the island(anywhere I am) to ogba. And I was still profitable.

Don't out your life at risk.

I didn't say I dont drive home, it all depends on the situation. I have a family and I do return home to them.
Let's take this case for instance you got a trip from ikoyi going to crown estate on a thursday at around 9pm and the traffic to that axis wont let you reject it. On getting there no trip back down this way. Will you drive over 65km coming back to ogba? So it all depends on the situation just use your business judgement. The street is not that harsh there are always fellow drivers around

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 10:57am On Oct 29, 2019
slamstanlee:
ok for instance, you mean if you see £2m in a briefcase on a subway drive, you will return it to the government grin

I will call the Police. Whatever they will do, let them do.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 11:18am On Oct 29, 2019
Let's just guide our gumption and mind to always do what's right at every time.
There is no crime if at a spot where I brought out my squeezed money, I come back to find a note squeezed there, I will take it because the money could have been mine.
I can only ask around if I never brought out money at that spot.

So, one could have also lost his money by himself while trying to be a 'good Samaritan'.

I've returned phones on two occasions while in schools and will still do same and yet I can still pick a money I find at a spot I have earlier brought out money without me asking around, it could surely be my money.

Depends on situation and mood, but in all our doings, let's be faithful
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:20am On Oct 29, 2019
deedee44:

I can manage 30k, my shock absorbers are due for change already
It was last weekend Sir, how work?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:22am On Oct 29, 2019
okiyi:

Always be attentive when you end a trip on Uber. The total amount in cash you're to collect from the rider stays on the screen until you swipe "complete ride" or so cos afterwards what uber shows you is your earning from that trip on your earnings dashboard and there's no other way you can really determine how much the rider is to hand over to you except they show you their phone (I hope you know the dubious ones would not show you)
This is very important to note because riders who don't have their debit cards connected to their Uber account may have carry-over payments (from previous trips with other drivers) to make and Uber is only able to receive that money through the next driver (you).
For instance a short trip from admiralty way to somewhere else on admiralty way should never exceed 1,000 naira but if u end the trip and your driver app tells you "driver owes 2,700" my guy collect the money complete oh cos it's most likely a carry over payment on the riders part. So if you don't pay attention after tapping "collect cash" and go ahead to "complete ride" you may have missed the 2,700 naira and only get to see probably between 500 to 800 naira as your earning from that trip whereas Uber thinks you've collected 2,700 and minuses it from your subsequent earnings which you may never understand how it happened.
But why would a driver not collect the amount displayed? Everything is clearly spelt out at the end of the trip, so if you fail to collect what was displayed sorry na ur name.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 11:26am On Oct 29, 2019
Ogbunigwe2018:

In Ballotelli's voice
Why always you

Igwe, if you're an uber driver you wouldn't ask that question, the few days I hit the road in a week I see a lot

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 11:31am On Oct 29, 2019
nitigriti:

I will call the Police. Whatever they will do, let them do.

Mixed blessings. Don't know how else to put it. I wouldn't ordinarily open a briefcase I see on the road, could be a bomb.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 11:46am On Oct 29, 2019
deedee44:

You follow this thread to get more customers grin cheesy

Yes, that's what I said. Understanding my demographics.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 11:53am On Oct 29, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

pointless, the man was clearly intoxicated. All you had to do was be nice and leave. Hope you will not be begging last last when the charges are read .
What charges? Was he supposed to wait till the guy breaks bottle on his head grin
As far as I'm concerned, he did what he did in self defense

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kingsoluv4real: 11:54am On Oct 29, 2019
Hey Guys. I have a Dual Sim High-End SmartPhone. Can I use this for Uber or must I get an additional Single SIM phone? Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by confusedworld17: 11:58am On Oct 29, 2019
But if you end trip, e go show you everything in details : Cash collected, your earnings and so on... I believe the guy just focused on his earnings which uber dey always display on top.
Gentlelife50:

But why would a driver not collect the amount displayed? Everything is clearly spelt out at the end of the trip, so if you fail to collect what was displayed sorry na ur name.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by confusedworld17: 12:06pm On Oct 29, 2019
Offend ke ? I'm always open to seeing things from a different angle, despite the fact that I don't agree with you on this one.
What if I had "JUMP AND PASS" come later find out say na my money and someone else don take am grin
nitigriti:
I teach my kids not to ever take what doesn't belong to them. In my family, there's nothing like finders keeper. You find, you turn it to the authorities; or you leave it there.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 12:06pm On Oct 29, 2019
calabardick:

They should better read and learn, in as much as I don't trouble you, you've no right to trouble me, if you try it na 3MB I'll end your trip, treat your fvckup and kick you out of my car. Uber have authorise us to abort any idiotic trip.

I see one lowlife punk downgrading drivers because he feels he's working with a heavenly downstream or whatever.
I personally work with an upstream - E & P (Automation Engineer, studied and certified in Brazil ), works offshore (2 weeks in/out). I resigned from a reputable military service to further my studies. Instead of staying idle I decide to romance uber, it's fun and stressful out there, it resets my brain as well.

Driving with uber have expose me to both angels and demons, it really shaped my life in so many ways, I've learned a lot.

Drivers deserves to be respected, it's not easy.

On Friday I picked one nasty lady that was insulting and commanding me to drive like James Bond, I ignored her and she tapped my shoulder from behind and said "mr. Man I'm talking to you", I didn't say anything and she began ranting, I ignored her. According to airtel THAT THING DEY PAIN.

When we get to Blenco she mannerlessly asked me to stop for her to shop, and I did.
She get inside, I followed her, we shopped at the end of the shopping I purposely stood behind her, my items were 10x more than what she picked and she asked me who I am, I humbly showed her my IDs when we entered the car, that's when sudden humility overshadowed her she now switched to the front seat, I ended the trip there, gave her a free ride to gulf at lakowe, without collecting a kobo from her for the entire ride.
When she asked me why I offer her a free ride, I told her UBER DRIVERS AREN'T POOR.

She called around 11pm, I didn't pick her call, she dropped a message [just checking on you]

For their information, I use iPad for uber, fuuuck CEOs
1 million likes

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 12:08pm On Oct 29, 2019
tojahh:

Oh wish I could give you a beet and a thousand likes! Now they have seen a more bigger boy doing Uber...with better networth o.

Bros abeg I like to meet you not for anything but just to shake your hand and chop suya with you.

In the meantime... Let there be radio silent.
Count me in grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:10pm On Oct 29, 2019
deedee44:

What charges? Was he supposed to wait till the guy breaks bottle on his head grin
As far as I'm concerned, he did what he did in self defense

ok
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OmoOshodi(m): 12:21pm On Oct 29, 2019
Please Attention NIGHT CRAWLERS!!!!

IF YOU MUST DRIVE AT NIGHT BE EXTRA CAREFUL DECEMBER DON COME ALREADY!!!

GUYS ARE IN NEED OF MONEY TO FLEX
IF YOU MUST WORK AT NIGHT BE PREPARED TO BE ROBBED AT ANY TIME .....BE PREPARED IS THE WORD..... DON'T BE CAUGHT UNAWARE

DON'T DRAG WITH THEM
WE DON'T WANT TO WRITE RIP HERE

DON'T CARRY MORE THAN 1 GUY FOR NIGHT
GET A WHEEL SPANNER UNDER UR SIT

IF YOU CARRY MORE THAN ONE GUY FOR NIGHT AND THEY ARE NOT TALKING (SILENT) ONCE YOU SITE A POLICE CHECK POINT DRIVE TO THEM AND REQUEST THEY SEARCH EVERYBODY INCLUDING YOU.

DON'T ASK ME WHY I'M TELLING YOU THIS

MANY FILM HAPPENED OVER THIS WEEKEND

3 OF MY CLOSE GUYS WERE ROBBED AT KNIFE POINT ON DIFF OCCASIONS

THANK YOU.

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 12:24pm On Oct 29, 2019
radautoworks:

Who is Femi? wink
Otedola

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 12:29pm On Oct 29, 2019
Crvrider:

God bless una hustle o. But how do you guys manage to sleep inside car, don't you guys consider the risk?
You won't be alone grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 12:31pm On Oct 29, 2019
grin

I hope they won't again say ".........when your charges are read" because a driver defends himself from being robbed.

OmoOshodi:
Please Attention NIGHT CRAWLERS!!!!

IF YOU MUST DRIVE AT NIGHT BE EXTRA CAREFUL DECEMBER DON COME ALREADY!!!

GUYS ARE IN NEED OF MONEY TO FLEX
IF YOU MUST WORK AT NIGHT BE PREPARED TO BE ROBBED AT ANY TIME .....BE PREPARED IS THE WORD..... DON'T BE CAUGHT UNAWARE

DON'T DRAG WITH THEM
WE DON'T WANT TO WRITE RIP HERE

DON'T CARRY MORE THAN 1 GUY FOR NIGHT
GET A WHEEL SPANNER UNDER UR SIT

IF YOU CARRY MORE THAN ONE GUY FOR NIGHT AND THEY ARE NOT TALKING (SILENT) ONCE YOU SITE A POLICE CHECK POINT DRIVE TO THEM AND REQUEST THEY SEARCH EVERYBODY INCLUDING YOU.

DON'T ASK ME WHY I'M TELLING YOU THIS

MANY FILM HAPPENED OVER THIS WEEKEND

3 OF MY CLOSE GUYS WERE ROBBED AT KNIFE POINT ON DIFF OCCASIONS

THANK YOU.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 12:35pm On Oct 29, 2019
confusedworld17:
But if you end trip, e go show you everything in details : Cash collected, your earnings and so on... I believe the guy just focused on his earnings which uber dey always display on top.
Of course, only an olodo driver will collect only his earnings and go.
cheesy

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OmoOshodi(m): 12:39pm On Oct 29, 2019
peeps4u:
grin

I hope they won't again say ".........when your charges are read" because a driver defends himself from being robbed.

the wheel spanner is for when you get strangled from behind after one must have parked the car....your last resort before being killed

Don't die easily at least fight a little

Guys are getting killed

This is real....I'm not trying to scare us please

And December is approaching

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2021) (2022) (2023) (2024) (2025) (2026) (2027) ... (5719) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.