Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,161 members, 7,818,533 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4758574 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2107) (2108) (2109) (2110) (2111) (2112) (2113) ... (5693) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ajoks533: 2:57pm On Nov 20, 2019
daddytime:
Uber people lock office take off o

Statement made, and message passed on though.

Olboy cars pass 1000 wey storm their office oo

Someone must have informed them of the visit.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 2:57pm On Nov 20, 2019
Tyche:

Let's get it on then ...., If need be, create another thread for it

Alright grin

Or should we wait for some other stakeholders to comment?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rubbiish(m): 3:05pm On Nov 20, 2019
Peacemaker126:
May you olumide binuyo never have peace for the rest of your life and the pastor who bring this man may you never find peace in life for you to give me someone that didn’t pay me for 1 months and spoil my car and leave it like that may death be in your family day by day to mr olumide binuyo you we never find peace for the rest of your life you and that your so called pastor we suffer if you don’t pay me my debt death we visit your house hold as you spoil my car and still yet he doesn’t pay me for complete a month you we never see peace in your house hold this man hear hold me for a month spoil my car and left it
This is serious!
Was there no agreement?
Was it on rental or HP?
What happened?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ofime123(m): 3:14pm On Nov 20, 2019
guys chat me up of u want to register for ocar 0706 759 7562

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Seun360(m): 3:24pm On Nov 20, 2019
ndubuis:
I have experienced the same thing. Very strange. From Agungi to Lekki Phase I - N400. The rider was on promo, so what showed up on my screen was zero Naira. Trust these girls and freebies, she was all smiles and still gave me a four star. After she left, I checked details of the trip, realizing how big a promo that could have been, only to find out that the actual fare was N400. Uber took N100 and left the rest for me. I have done a review though and I'm yet to get a response from them. I have just finished updatimg my app to the latest version. Maybe that will help.

I have decided to shut down tools o, 4 consecutive trips same N400 fare.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tyche(m): 3:35pm On Nov 20, 2019
izzou:

Alright grin

Or should we wait for some other stakeholders to comment?

Yep
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bambarino: 4:02pm On Nov 20, 2019
mistadayo:
I experienced it too.. from same sanusifafunwa to lagos island. Oyinbo just gave me 1k said he had bonus.

Chai make uber do well o
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bambarino: 4:03pm On Nov 20, 2019
ndubuis:
I have experienced the same thing. Very strange. From Agungi to Lekki Phase I - N400. The rider was on promo, so what showed up on my screen was zero Naira. Trust these girls and freebies, she was all smiles and still gave me a four star. After she left, I checked details of the trip, realizing how big a promo that could have been, only to find out that the actual fare was N400. Uber took N100 and left the rest for me. I have done a review though and I'm yet to get a response from them. I have just finished updatimg my app to the latest version. Maybe that will help.

Bro did same till now dem never reply.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Seun360(m): 4:08pm On Nov 20, 2019
Bambarino:

Bro did same till now dem never reply.

The thing don taya me, don't know what else to do.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 20, 2019
Seun360:

I have decided to shut down tools o, 4 consecutive trips same N400 fare.
Uber seem to be having issues today. Just did another trip for from Ikoyi to Eletu, around Jakande in Lekki, fare was N1,700. The time was not reading. From Ikoyi to Jakande, 2 minutes to drop off, the app was showing 52 minutes to dropoff. I'm not sure the fare that was calculated is accurate. Could it be Opay have hacked Uber as a warning shot? Lol. This Chinese people are capable of anything.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oblozzolawrence: 4:10pm On Nov 20, 2019
peeps4u:
eherbal eherbal eherbal. Why did you revisit this fight again now. Is it wrong as dem give you leave?

Please let peace reign. ornicus, you don't need to reply every mention. I have decided to neglect mention on this thread before just not to overflog issues, and I believe people have done that here several times.

Please, eherbal and ornicus, give peace a chance.
NO!!!!!!....give peace a chance ke undecided the disastrous thing abt d internet is yhu av to be careful wit wat yhu say cos it might come back to hurt yhu...this ornicus guy is really lousy and very despicable....jus come here dy flex ur muscle tissue, semi retirement my foot...i dont know yhu from anywhere bt all d crap yhu av bin saying jus portray the fact dat YOU AIN'T SHIT....
For once yhu don really see person wey get ur time...boastful liar!!!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by adsmaster: 4:12pm On Nov 20, 2019
eherbal:
You guys may want to read this up to clear all doubts about ocar or wetin dem call themselves.

https://techpoint.africa/2019/11/19/ocar-vs-uber-bolt-launch/

Very detailed and revealing

Did you notice he said or made emphasis on "drivers misconduct" that what will OCar do different, how will they deal or reduce drivers misconduct..

So these is what i did, I reached out to the writer, these is what i wrote to him

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by adsmaster: 4:15pm On Nov 20, 2019
adsmaster:

Did you notice he said or made emphasis on "drivers misconduct" that what will OCar do different, how will they deal or reduce drivers misconduct..

So these is what i did, I reached out to the writer, these is what i wrote to him

Am sick and tire of these one sided story always making the news. To me riders especially bolt rider are the worst behaved when compared to drivers.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 20, 2019
oblozzolawrence:

NO!!!!!!....give peace a chance ke undecided the disastrous thing abt d internet is yhu av to be careful wit wat yhu say cos it might come back to hurt yhu...this ornicus guy is really lousy and very despicable....jus come here dy flex ur muscle tissue, semi retirement my foot...i dont know yhu from anywhere bt all d crap yhu av bin saying jus portray the fact dat YOU AIN'T SHIT....
For once yhu don really see person wey get ur time...boastful liar!!!!!

Guy get on your okada and off my mentions abeg. Business slow?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by adsmaster: 4:17pm On Nov 20, 2019
eherbal:
You guys may want to read this up to clear all doubts about ocar or wetin dem call themselves.

https://techpoint.africa/2019/11/19/ocar-vs-uber-bolt-launch/

Very detailed and revealing

Has registration started? Has driver started signing up?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SaintHilary(m): 4:20pm On Nov 20, 2019
adsmaster:

Am sick and tire of these one sided story always making the news. To me riders especially bolt rider are the worst behaved when compared to drivers.

Based on sum stats,

RunsGirls make up 80% of Bolt Riders

Corporate staffs make up 70% of Uber Riders

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pocohantas(f): 4:32pm On Nov 20, 2019
ornicus:

Guy get on your okada and off my mentions abeg. Business slow?

Please, let it go. smiley smiley

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by adsmaster: 4:32pm On Nov 20, 2019
Mjosh1000:

Let's observe 1min silence for taxify (bolt) cos opay on boarding is their funeral.

My view
Taxify (bolt) shitty app, no good customer service,
Driver is not important to them all they care about is riders
If opay can do a good job in these areas taxify (bolt) is good as dead.

On the other hand

Uber
With opay on boarding and their incentive on riders, uber will be comatose for a while cos opay go take all the customer. Uber been uber will come back strong after opay has exhaust all its resources.

At the end of the day it will be uber vs o'car cos taxify(bolt) will go 6fit just like gokada and maxOkada

Hmmmmmm!! Just thinking �, are you sure bolt will fade away? They are strong and where they because of the two side of the coin- 1) riders are of the perception that it's cheaper than uber and 2) saka...dirvers are hanging with them because saka which is there joker, there aka 47, what they use in drawing blood and tqxify takes a share from it as commission.

It's deep thou a very interesting time to observe and learn

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by skillip(m): 4:33pm On Nov 20, 2019
SaintHilary:

Based on sum stats,

RunsGirls make up 80% of Bolt Riders

Corporate staffs make up 70% of Uber Riders
Well, whether Bolt, Uber, Indriver, incoming Ocars o, or the lesser ones, all I know is that at the end of the day I do go home with something, that's hardwork + Grace.Like it's said "whether we pound yam inside .mortar, abi we boil groundnut shells, person wey go belleful go belleful ".

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Peacemaker126: 4:37pm On Nov 20, 2019
Rubbiish:

This is serious!
Was there no agreement?
Was it on rental or HP?
What happened?

There was agreement but he said I can not do any thing to him just 1 month of work without no pay he spoil my gearbox and he keep on liying that Uber have not pay him..he keep on giving me different story that I cannot do anything to him he use my mom go rent house I don’t what he use for me that I allow him 1 month no payment and I later found out that was how he did to the other red car is using I guys the pastor who given him my number is here olumide binuy you we never find peace in life day Nd night tears and pain we be with you and it we never be well with the pastor for you given a person u no fulling well his cruse..this olumide binuy is cruse every car he car he never pay he always come up with different issues on this account this is his phone number 09061919499 his a thife and a liar this man spoil my gear box and 5 naria he nor pay me my money he own me he nor pay me I am in tears and I we always they nake they swear for him and the so called pastor every morning may they not find peace in life

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by streetsoldier1(m): 4:38pm On Nov 20, 2019
Eeeskkiss me my people, which of these phones is better for the job Nokia x6 or Samsung A20. Pls urgent response needed
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 4:54pm On Nov 20, 2019
streetsoldier1:
Eeeskkiss me my people, which of these phones is better for the job Nokia x6 or Samsung A20. Pls urgent response needed

Two of them are good.
But I think Nokia x6 is better.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 4:56pm On Nov 20, 2019
streetsoldier1:

X6
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oblozzolawrence: 4:59pm On Nov 20, 2019
streetsoldier1:
Samsung anytime anyday.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 20, 2019
northbird:

yes, you are right, though somtyms I don't lyk ubers style,

why wud u send me 3km to pick a rider n eventually rider is just going around 3-4km too or just around d street laden wt traffic.

Most of dese apps think only about deir profits n riders( taxify is guilty of this)

Why am I using your app to drive in d first place? Ofcousr, to make 'Profit'.

Sending me all the way to pick someone, I get to d place, rider headed to ICM Ikeja, just across d street, end trip, #375, waited 20mins , no gbagaun. Or sending me to dose those rejected areas n not trying to find a way for me to com out with @ least a trip.

you know how cumbersome ICM is, you HV to park n go n sort deir parking shit @ n all.
Driving in traffic.
I wait in traffic for ONE good hour, engine firing on all Four cylinders , AC in collaboration, stereo in the background too. And all I get in return is #450 !

For one good hour of deploying resources.

This game is a stopgap.....Seriously.
I heard you talking about Uber sending you on errands just for a pickup of N400, what would you say about this?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 5:10pm On Nov 20, 2019
bhoomie:

Thanks. They are well known; and should provide accommodation, feeding and security for the two days. I guess the 20k is not bad then?
... It's just that Berger traffic that scares me
It a good deal then bro, things we do for friendship to keep moving to the permanent site
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 5:36pm On Nov 20, 2019
Are you serious!!!?? Thank God you didn't wind down. Day light rubbery...hmmm.
Thank you for this eye opener. May God continue to guild is o bcoz na job wey no dey make lots of graduates like us even with 2.1 do the hustle.
waks1:
Let me share this experience so people can be more careful as we approach yuletide.
Left coker road ilupeju to Ikeja bride but the heavy traffic on ikorodu road made us to pass gbagada-estate alapere to alausa. On getting to alapere before oando 9:33pm, the babe at the back sit called my attention that someone was flagging me down that we even thought somthing happened to my car(a corolla), on seeing the car whose driver was trying to stop me, I can't remember knowing anybody by that car, the guy blocked me in front to the fast lane and came down pointing to his rear bumper that I scratch him. I was surprised because I didn't get close to any car let alone scratching somebody. Came to my driver side telling me to wind down that I scratch him, I refused to wind down saying I did nt, though i was afraid because i knew this guys are robbers with that strategy, he was talking and knocking my glass I did not bulge and the lady in my car was also telling me don't wind down and so afraid and shaky. His car was tinted and wound up and even at that, he was sweating with that his black ugly face and feeling uncomfortable when I refuse for like 1 minutes, meanwhile another car was blocking me from behind which was obvious they were together. When I refused, the car behind me reverse and I quickly reverse and left too. Every other cars were just passing by thinking it was normal I scratch u argument. I drove and pull over beside those police van at ojota towards tollgate, came down and explain the encounter to the officers their. Then I saw the guy's car passing and was looking in our direction. Why didnt he came down for us to settle d scratch argument with the police. He drove pass and I just waited like 5 mins their before proceeding on my journey. Guys pls be watchful. God will continue to protect us, coro boys be more alert and don't loose guard. Peace.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 5:41pm On Nov 20, 2019
waks1:
Let me share this experience so people can be more careful as we approach yuletide.
Left coker road ilupeju to Ikeja bride but the heavy traffic on ikorodu road made us to pass gbagada-estate alapere to alausa. On getting to alapere before oando 9:33pm, the babe at the back sit called my attention that someone was flagging me down that we even thought somthing happened to my car(a corolla), on seeing the car whose driver was trying to stop me, I can't remember knowing anybody by that car, the guy blocked me in front to the fast lane and came down pointing to his rear bumper that I scratch him. I was surprised because I didn't get close to any car let alone scratching somebody. Came to my driver side telling me to wind down that I scratch him, I refused to wind down saying I did nt, though i was afraid because i knew this guys are robbers with that strategy, he was talking and knocking my glass I did not bulge and the lady in my car was also telling me don't wind down and so afraid and shaky. His car was tinted and wound up and even at that, he was sweating with that his black ugly face and feeling uncomfortable when I refuse for like 1 minutes, meanwhile another car was blocking me from behind which was obvious they were together. When I refused, the car behind me reverse and I quickly reverse and left too. Every other cars were just passing by thinking it was normal I scratch u argument. I drove and pull over beside those police van at ojota towards tollgate, came down and explain the encounter to the officers their. Then I saw the guy's car passing and was looking in our direction. Why didnt he came down for us to settle d scratch argument with the police. He drove pass and I just waited like 5 mins their before proceeding on my journey. Guys pls be watchful. God will continue to protect us, coro boys be more alert and don't loose guard. Peace.
Hmmm, thank God you were able to see through their ruse, these are part of the reasons I don't like mainland. Especially in the evening/night most of these ugly news come from the mainland.
Well na God dey guide and protect us.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by adsmaster: 5:54pm On Nov 20, 2019
peeps4u:
Don't mind them.
They wanted to cow the drivers with "how will you survive if uber leaves" to have drivers dance to their tunes like they are slaves to uber and riders.
Like we said, uber, bolt, Opay and the rest aren't doing any drivers favour by coming to Nigeria, they are here to make money and they need drivers to make that money

Me have gone to download the opay app to register and I saw that the Ocar service is in beta stage. I will just keep my hands on the trigger ready to fire anytime its open for all to use
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by adsmaster: 6:02pm On Nov 20, 2019
lin3r2:
Hi guys I greet you all. All the elders on this forum, all protocols observed.

Please I'd like your unwatered down opinion on this matter regardless of how unpleasant it may sound. The Bible says "in the multitude of counsel there is safety."

I was driving a corolla 2004 a month back but had to return it to the owner because of the many issues it was having. The last being that the brakes failed.

Now, the owner bought the car Nigerian used for 1.25m with the odometer reading at its last which is 299999 (yea I know, right) anyways, when he told me about it and I took a look at it, I had my doubts the car would be a smooth ride on the platform but I still took it because I like trying things out before concluding.

Fast forward two weeks after putting the car on the platform and driving for just one week I noticed the car shorts oil which i mentioned this to the owner and managed it again for another week where it develop another issue. This time the issue had to do with the noise coming from the adjuster. I took the car to the client who then decided to change the engine and after engine change everything was smooth except for increased fuel consumption which was due to the fact that the car on idle mode read 2000rpm.

I took it back to him and the mechanic adjusted it and everything was fine. Though, prior to the change of engine the hub of the car, as I was made to understand by his mecahnic needed changing because it caused a loud wooing sound when I am on 60kmph and was somehow uncomfortable for riders but I totally ignored that.

The pattern became a week on, 4 days off at the workshop because a lot of issues were just coming up. Now the car started developing a fault where it goes off when I am on the move, that I have to shift to neutral while in motion to start the car again. Though God helped me all the times it stopped that I didn't have issues or accidents. I reported it to the owner who got it fixed by changing the remote box and fuse controller or something like that.

This change seemed to work for a while but later started again until God helped me to spot the issue that was causing it to stop through a rewire who was at shoprite trying to shop. The rewire came out from the mall and saw me trying to start the car and asked me to pop the bonnet which I did and he immediately touched somewhere on the fuse box and the car start immediately. I thanked him and he advised that the fault is an electrical issue and not something a mechanic would fix but a rewire I took his number and thanked him again. By the way, this rewire was properly dressed and seemed like someone who was making good money from his job.

While I was wondering what that rewire at shoprite must have touched to make the car start, I later realized that there was this fuse that is labeled 40 that always go hot because it was fused using a wrap of wires. All I had to do when the car stopped was removed the fuse and change the position the other way and voila! The car comes on.

The last time I drove the car was when it failed break on my way to lekki with a rider in it. Though the rider didn't know what happened but after I dropped the rider, I just jejely took the car back to the owner. I told the owner to change all the faulty parts and fix all the issues before the car can work on the platform because the car was now smooth driving after the engine change save for all those small issues that could take a man's life.

The reason for this long epistle is to give a general idea of the cars history which would enable you all make your suggestions.

The owner has fixed everything wrong with the car and done some body work as well. Repairs has cost him over 400k. Now he wants to sell the car out rightly or hire purchase.

Now my questions
1. Would it be wise to even consider this same car for hire purchase?

2. If yes, given all that has happened and the amount of money that has gone into repairs, how much can this car go for hire purchase if at all?

Please your candid advise and suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Cc: GazzuZZZ @tojaah my guy @radauto and all other bosses.

Thanks

The last car I drove and later went to drop it has same problems with yours... It's short oil, the adjuster too was bad, it failed brake on falomo bridge, it consumes fuel(o2 sensor bad, and no catalyst)
Men brov if you are thinking of buying it outright or HP I will advice you don't, it's an over ripe lemon

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by adsmaster: 6:04pm On Nov 20, 2019
tojahh:

Good day... I will like to ask.

1. Is the only ready to count his loss?

Then back to the issue of HP, I don't know how the owner would want to recoup on such car, for HP I will say nothing more than 1.8m not spread within a duration because something tells me the car will start sakamaje again.
Besides I will advise you not to go back to that car because you may not derive satisfaction driving it as it has always been an "Evil Spirit" to you. If the owner would want to sell it outright then 1m-1.2m would be good.

In all... Advice the owner to Sell it that's all.

grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 6:04pm On Nov 20, 2019
northbird:

yes, you are right, though somtyms I don't lyk ubers style,

why wud u send me 3km to pick a rider n eventually rider is just going around 3-4km too or just around d street laden wt traffic.

Most of dese apps think only about deir profits n riders( taxify is guilty of this)

Why am I using your app to drive in d first place? Ofcousr, to make 'Profit'.

Sending me all the way to pick someone, I get to d place, rider headed to ICM Ikeja, just across d street, end trip, #375, waited 20mins , no gbagaun. Or sending me to dose those rejected areas n not trying to find a way for me to com out with @ least a trip.

you know how cumbersome ICM is, you HV to park n go n sort deir parking shit @ n all.
Driving in traffic.
I wait in traffic for ONE good hour, engine firing on all Four cylinders , AC in collaboration, stereo in the background too. And all I get in return is #450 !

For one good hour of deploying resources.

This game is a stopgap.....Seriously.
In fact enh bro you said it all, couple with the calls you even have to put across to know their pickup point.

That was how I got one request some weeks back, after driving almost 3km to pickup location, in the end trip was #500 plus I'd to pass through one rough road and dirty my white car I just spent #500 washing. The most annoying aspect was that, there were 4riders. Had they used bike for their short trip they'd spent nothing short of 1k.

I got thinking, in the end who lose, me of course. Bcoz uber collected their 25%. Me wey travel burning fuel and making calls and we washing my car again making 1k I went home with #375 or there about. Uber is so fucking annoying all the time.

I think they have to start asking riders how many they are while booking a trip then notify drivers numbers of passenger expected.
If not once I get to rider pickup location and them confirm its a short trip with more than 1 passenger I'll simply cancel tripod ask rider to cancel.

Man gat to use him head before I find myself in the village o

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2107) (2108) (2109) (2110) (2111) (2112) (2113) ... (5693) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Nezzjnr and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.