Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4758106 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2108) (2109) (2110) (2111) (2112) (2113) (2114) ... (5692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nwizu042: 6:05pm On Nov 20, 2019
skillip:
Well, whether Bolt, Uber, Indriver, incoming Ocars o, or the lesser ones, all I know is that at the end of the day I do go home with something, that's hardwork + Grace.Like it's said "whether we pound yam inside .mortar, abi we boil grounding shells, person wey go belleful go belleful ".

Ffffffffffffff................
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 6:19pm On Nov 20, 2019
Bambarino:
Guys please anyone experiencing this.. I have never experienced such on uber before.. .they don't act up like this....abeg what's going on..rider just pity me paid me estimated fare before booking the ride.
Hahaha.... Lolzzz... O boy ur phone don cast oh... But since na uber u r save. Report to them
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by adsmaster: 6:22pm On Nov 20, 2019
Peacemaker126:
May you olumide binuyo never have peace for the rest of your life and the pastor who bring this man may you never find peace in life for you to give me someone that didn’t pay me for 1 months and spoil my car and leave it like that may death be in your family day by day to mr olumide binuyo you we never find peace for the rest of your life you and that your so called pastor we suffer if you don’t pay me my debt death we visit your house hold as you spoil my car and still yet he doesn’t pay me for complete a month you we never see peace in your house hold this man hear hold me for a month spoil my car and left it

Wonderful! How was he able to not pay for 4wks straight? Why didn't you retrieve your car after 2wks of back to back non remittance?

I spoke of systems sometime ago. you don't manage people, you create that manages them. If a driver defaults back to back that is a red flag and drastic action need to be taken. As for death visiting him and the pastor no comment lipsrsealed Concerning that because death himself will be busy fulfilling his assistant here on earth as sent by God(check the book of revelation)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by adsmaster: 6:27pm On Nov 20, 2019
ofime123:
guys chat me up of u want to register for ocar 0706 759 7562

These thread has been so informative, educative, entertaining and rich because we refused to communicate outside these platform. Imagine what would have happened if we don't come here to pair our experience. So please if you are an opay staff drop details here, step by step process on how to go about it So that all can follow.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by adsmaster: 6:28pm On Nov 20, 2019
Bambarino:

Bro did same till now dem never reply.

Abii uber is trying to fight ocar grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 6:42pm On Nov 20, 2019
lin3r2:
Hi guys I greet you all. All the elders on this forum, all protocols observed.

Please I'd like your unwatered down opinion on this matter regardless of how unpleasant it may sound. The Bible says "in the multitude of counsel there is safety."

I was driving a corolla 2004 a month back but had to return it to the owner because of the many issues it was having. The last being that the brakes failed.

Now, the owner bought the car Nigerian used for 1.25m with the odometer reading at its last which is 299999 (yea I know, right) anyways, when he told me about it and I took a look at it, I had my doubts the car would be a smooth ride on the platform but I still took it because I like trying things out before concluding.

Fast forward two weeks after putting the car on the platform and driving for just one week I noticed the car shorts oil which i mentioned this to the owner and managed it again for another week where it develop another issue. This time the issue had to do with the noise coming from the adjuster. I took the car to the client who then decided to change the engine and after engine change everything was smooth except for increased fuel consumption which was due to the fact that the car on idle mode read 2000rpm.

I took it back to him and the mechanic adjusted it and everything was fine. Though, prior to the change of engine the hub of the car, as I was made to understand by his mecahnic needed changing because it caused a loud wooing sound when I am on 60kmph and was somehow uncomfortable for riders but I totally ignored that.

The pattern became a week on, 4 days off at the workshop because a lot of issues were just coming up. Now the car started developing a fault where it goes off when I am on the move, that I have to shift to neutral while in motion to start the car again. Though God helped me all the times it stopped that I didn't have issues or accidents. I reported it to the owner who got it fixed by changing the remote box and fuse controller or something like that.

This change seemed to work for a while but later started again until God helped me to spot the issue that was causing it to stop through a rewire who was at shoprite trying to shop. The rewire came out from the mall and saw me trying to start the car and asked me to pop the bonnet which I did and he immediately touched somewhere on the fuse box and the car start immediately. I thanked him and he advised that the fault is an electrical issue and not something a mechanic would fix but a rewire I took his number and thanked him again. By the way, this rewire was properly dressed and seemed like someone who was making good money from his job.

While I was wondering what that rewire at shoprite must have touched to make the car start, I later realized that there was this fuse that is labeled 40 that always go hot because it was fused using a wrap of wires. All I had to do when the car stopped was removed the fuse and change the position the other way and voila! The car comes on.

The last time I drove the car was when it failed break on my way to lekki with a rider in it. Though the rider didn't know what happened but after I dropped the rider, I just jejely took the car back to the owner. I told the owner to change all the faulty parts and fix all the issues before the car can work on the platform because the car was now smooth driving after the engine change save for all those small issues that could take a man's life.

The reason for this long epistle is to give a general idea of the cars history which would enable you all make your suggestions.

The owner has fixed everything wrong with the car and done some body work as well. Repairs has cost him over 400k. Now he wants to sell the car out rightly or hire purchase.

Now my questions
1. Would it be wise to even consider this same car for hire purchase?

2. If yes, given all that has happened and the amount of money that has gone into repairs, how much can this car go for hire purchase if at all?

Please your candid advise and suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Cc: GazzuZZZ @tojaah my guy @radauto and all other bosses.

Thanks

This car sounds like one of those unfortunate lemon cars I drove.

Does it take in water from under its belly and through the doors in heavy rain? Does the owner live somewhere in Gbagada?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 6:53pm On Nov 20, 2019
Tyche:

You are looking at it in the short-term. These guys play long term, at the end of the day, it's their numbers that will determine their policy.

For now, they need to capture the market first, always remember that

Thank you so much.
There's a book I'm reading — It talks about the way Billionaires think. An example is that they think in the long term. They ask, where is this commitment [business] taking me to in 5 years?
10 years?
If it doesn't make sense in the long term, they don't do it in the short term.

Guys, being an e-hailing driver is not a job. No one builds a career as an e-hailing driver. I did it for 2 years, but I can't place it in my CV. See e-hailing as a means to an end, not as an end in itself.

You guys can rise above the level where you will start worrying about Ocar or Uber or Bolt.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Fiestafetta: 7:09pm On Nov 20, 2019
Good evening to every member of this great forum, I really appreciates your assistance and your quick response each time I was in dire need of answer or as the case maybe. I've been doing my research on which car to but for both my Uber and bolt business but finally I have land a Honda civic 2007 but not only at reasonable price but also from the owner that happened to be someone that I know.
Please my amiable members, my question is what are the things they look out for whenever a is taken to ehailing approved inspection center so I can fix or check out for such befoi finally commit my cash this Friday? Please is confirmation of VIN necessary for registration for Uber/bolt?. Thanks for quick response.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lin3r2(m): 7:15pm On Nov 20, 2019
nitigriti:

This car sounds like one of those unfortunate lemon cars I drove.

Does it take in water from under its belly and through the doors in heavy rain? Does the owner live somewhere in Gbagada?

Yes the car leaks from underneath, but I am afraid it's not the one you are talking about. Except the one you drove is blue in color and has a powered roof.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 20, 2019
Peacemaker126:

There was agreement but he said I can not do any thing to him just 1 month of work without no pay he spoil my gearbox and he keep on liying that Uber have not pay him..he keep on giving me different story that I cannot do anything to him he use my mom go rent house I don’t what he use for me that I allow him 1 month no payment and I later found out that was how he did to the other red car is using I guys the pastor who given him my number is here olumide binuy you we never find peace in life day Nd night tears and pain we be with you and it we never be well with the pastor for you given a person u no fulling well his cruse..this olumide binuy is cruse every car he car he never pay he always come up with different issues on this account this is his phone number 09061919499 his a thife and a liar this man spoil my gear box and 5 naria he nor pay me my money he own me he nor pay me I am in tears and I we always they nake they swear for him and the so called pastor every morning may they not find peace in life
how exactly did he spoil your gearbox ? most times gearbox pack up because of old age and not the drivers fault

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tyche(m): 7:30pm On Nov 20, 2019
Delayed gratification, playing long term, that's the real hustlers code.

You will realize a lot of things we give attention to are not really worth it.

Are you in on our app challenge?
nitigriti:

Thank you so much.
There's a book I'm reading — It talks about the way Billionaires think. An example is that they think in the long term. They ask, where is this commitment [business] taking me to in 5 years?10 years?

Guys, being an e-hailing driver is not a job. No one builds a career as an e-hailing driver. I did it for 2 years, but I can't place it in my CV. See e-hailing as a means to an end, not as an end in itself.

You guys can rise above the level where you will start worrying about Ocar or Uber or Bolt.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vncntluv(m): 7:31pm On Nov 20, 2019
Felicity001:

Hahaha.... Lolzzz... O boy ur phone don cast oh... But since na uber u r save. Report to them
No be phone.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 7:33pm On Nov 20, 2019
Fiestafetta:

Please my amiable members, my question is what are the things they look out for whenever a is taken to ehailing approved inspection center so I can fix or check out for such befoi finally commit my cash this Friday? Please is confirmation of VIN necessary for registration for Uber/bolt?. Thanks for quick response.

Car Stereo system
AC functionality
Interior
Seatbelt even at the back (Uber)
Exterior (Formality)
Tyre (Uber)
1-3k egunje (All of the above). Optional

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Peacemaker126: 7:39pm On Nov 20, 2019
fabiano09:

how exactly did he spoil your gearbox ? most times gearbox pack up because of old age and not the drivers fault

And that we make the driver not to pay even 5 naria to repair it and not paid for 1 full months keep bring out different story about his account don’t let me face u with this angry 1 full month no pay u spoil gearbox u pack the car and go still giving different story about my money I didn’t ask him to pay for the gearbox pay me my money he said he have use it to rent house
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 20, 2019
nitigriti:

Thank you so much.
There's a book I'm reading — It talks about the way Billionaires think. An example is that they think in the long term. They ask, where is this commitment [business] taking me to in 5 years?10 years?

thank you for this.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 7:42pm On Nov 20, 2019
Tyche:
Delayed gratification, playing long term, that's the real hustlers code.

You will realize a lot of things we give attention to are not really worth it.

Are you in on our app challenge?

I'm curious, to be honest.
But does it have to be transportation?

There are easier ways to make real money in Nigeria.

But yes, I'm in.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tyche(m): 7:48pm On Nov 20, 2019
nitigriti:

But yes, I'm in.

Not necessarily transportation. I see a lot of brains been wasted here on trivialities. Let's do something worthwhile

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 7:53pm On Nov 20, 2019
nitigriti:

But yes, I'm in.

cool

Ope oh

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 20, 2019
nitigriti:

Thank you so much.

Guy, as a matter of fact, there are CEOs that do Uber outside of Nigeria. People do it for different reasons regardless of their status. You know what? I have a job and do Uber because my job gives me so much time that has been begging to be utilised. I found a way out of boredom doing this and it also puts good money in my pocket. My salary where I work has never been touched for over a year now. By the grace of God, my house would have been completed by next year because my uber hustle is helping save big bucks. So, when you say rise above the level where I will stop worrying about uber", I just don't understand what you mean. Uber makes things happen for me, therefore I get worried when that part of me is being threatened. You got a job and quit uber, some have better jobs and still do uber. That's the difference.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:15pm On Nov 20, 2019
ndubuis:
Guy, as a matter of fact, there are CEOs that do Uber outside of Nigeria. People do it for different reasons regardless of their status. You know what? I have a job and do Uber because my job gives me so much time that has been begging to be utilised. I found a way out of boredom doing this and it also puts good money in my pocket. My salary where I work has never been touched for over a year now. By the grace of God, my house would have been completed by next year because my uber hustle is helping save big bucks. So, when you say rise above the level where I will stop worrying about uber", I just don't understand what you mean. Uber makes things happen for me, therefore I get worried when that part of me is being threatened. You got a job and quit uber, some have better jobs and still do uber. That's the difference.

I don't think you understood his point

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 8:21pm On Nov 20, 2019
Actually, we get richer when we utilize every available money making avenue thereby cresting streams of income. Doing ehailing, if one has the time, to supplement one's salary is a reasonable thing to do.

Having said that, drivers need to always think of future away from uber, even if it yields money today. Let's expand our horizons

ndubuis:

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 8:22pm On Nov 20, 2019
Tyche:

Not necessarily transportation. I see a lot of brains been wasted here on trivialities. Let's do something worthwhile

Ahhhhhh! I'm in spirit, soul and body.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 8:27pm On Nov 20, 2019
ndubuis:

I understand the "e-hailing as a side hustle" argument.

But what if I tell you there are better side hustles? For example, I know a guy who makes $650 every month salary from his side hustle. I can share screenshots of his Payoneer account. He writes book summaries for an European company from the comfort of his house.

I know other people in that same line of side hustle doing anything from $2,000 and above a month. Biko, press calculator, then come back let's reason if driving a cab up and down Lagos is a side hustle. worth your time and energy.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 8:35pm On Nov 20, 2019
Every side hustle is a side hustle. So, no side hustle is inconsequential. Whatever legit side hustle makes one richer and supplements one's salary is welcome. Let's stop this argument, all I'm seeing here is another fight of ego brewing.
nitigriti:

But what if I tell you there are better side hustles? For example, I know a guy who makes $650 every month salary from his side hustle. I can share screenshots of his Payoneer account. He writes book summaries for an European company from the comfort of his house.

I know other people in that same line of side hustle doing anything from $2,000 and above a month. Biko, press calculator, then come back let's reason if driving a cab up and down Lagos is a side hustle.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 8:41pm On Nov 20, 2019
One's monthly salary is what another person makes in a day, but that doesn't make the other job less a job. Every side hustle is a side hustle, irrespective of how much is earned.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rubbiish(m): 8:47pm On Nov 20, 2019
nitigriti:

I know other people in that same line of side hustle doing anything from $2,000 and above a month. Biko, press calculator, then come back let's reason if driving a cab up and down Lagos is a side hustle. worth your time and energy.
What are u even saying??
Are there no people earning more than $10k monthly from their side hustle? Why haven't u drop your full time hustle and switch to such side hustle?
I really don't understand the point u are trying to make, Because u have managed to secure a job with a manageable pay is not enough reason to put down another man's profession? Driving is a skilled profession and some persons that love driving will do it till death. If someone decides to take uber as side hustle to complement his job or even as a full time hustle, i see no problem with that as long as it is working for him.

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 8:49pm On Nov 20, 2019
Sorry guys, e-hailing driving is a good job. I'm not interested in any fight.

Every aboki with his kettle.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 20, 2019
nitigriti:

Listen bro, I have tried different side hustles before getting into uber and I know which cuts it for me. You call it driving cab up and down? Bro, it's making me richer and I see no big deal in putting extra hours to my work schedule even if it means having to drive taxi. I have always observed how you try to make it seem like doing uber is not worth it. It's well worth it for me and I will continue doing it, as long as I drive long distance to work on a daily basis. Call it anything you want, for me, a n**ga is simply getting paid. One advice, try travelling out of Nigeria and see what people do. I'm sorry to say this, but this type of warped Nigerian mentality of belittling legitimate hustle has made us poorer as a people and the more reason people choose crime over hard work.

15 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:51pm On Nov 20, 2019
Rubbiish:

What are u even saying??
Are there no people earning more than $10k monthly from their side hustle? Why haven't u drop your full time hustle and switch to such side hustle?
I really don't understand the point u are trying to make, Because u have managed to secure a job with a manageable pay is not enough reason to put down another man's profession? Driving is a skilled profession and some persons that love driving will do it till death. If someone decides to take uber as side hustle to complement his job or even as a full time hustle, i see no problem with that as long as it is working for him.

I think you guys are not understanding nitigriti

What he's saying is you can't build a career from uber. Uber should be an hustle to make ends meet, and then move on..

The guy you people are quoting had a job before he joined uber. If he wants to apply for another job, can he put uber driving on his cv?

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 8:52pm On Nov 20, 2019
Someone mentions me and expresses an opinion; and I mention the person again; not disparaging his opinion but saying I understand the point he is trying to make; but can we look at it from another angle and guys are drawing out daggers?

On top of the fact that I am replying my mentions?

I'm seriously shaking my head.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 8:52pm On Nov 20, 2019
nitigriti:

Bros you just wanna start another ton of argument. Please just let it die a natural death I beg you. That a guy makes $2,000 as side hustle with writing and book summarizing doesn't mean there's no guy that makes $20 doing same job. Let's not begin to treat this hustle like its dirt whereas it was our once OIL WELL and people erks a living here. When the source of their living is been threatened you don't expect them to keep quite and run to book writing for Europeans.

All hustle... As far as it is legitimate is a hustle and must be respected sir.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 8:56pm On Nov 20, 2019
izzou:

I think you guys are not understanding nitigriti

What he's saying is you can't build a career from uber. Uber should be an hustle to make ends meet, and then move on..

The guy you people are quoting had a job before he joined uber. If he wants to apply for another job, can he put uber driving on his cv?

Because he can't put it in his CV doesn't mean another man can't put it in his sir. You don't know the limit of a man till it happen.

Like it is.... Every Mallams with him dagger.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2108) (2109) (2110) (2111) (2112) (2113) (2114) ... (5692) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Welz(m), Machiny, ReadaDream(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.