Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,966 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4763167 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2136) (2137) (2138) (2139) (2140) (2141) (2142) ... (5694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 8:05am On Nov 27, 2019
Actually, their motive is to see how to drive the use of their wallet such that it will become a traditional means of transaction for people. That's why they are coming with many services.

northbird:

Opay runs an inclusive system. You need to have money in your wallet before you can order for a ride.

They don't use cards. More of a wallet. Type, you transfer money from your account to credit your wallet before embarking on ordering a ride.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:06am On Nov 27, 2019
izzou:

You didn't pay for a DJ grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. Chineke nna

But for me, the rider has the choice to songs. When I was driving an elantra, I always offered the aux sef.

It's just for a while. When they get down, I change back to my Jay-Z, Buju banton or Tracy Chapman cool

I hope u r ready for Jayz 50th Birthday next week? I'm going to Brooklyn live grin I remember d day I played Tracy album for a rider, she just rest her head well and slept off while singing. Peaceful ride to destination, madam wish the trip was longer. Not too many riders enjoy good music, but for now let's parte after parts grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 8:07am On Nov 27, 2019
adsmaster:
I want to find out please is it ignorance, lack of trust or intoxicatation of power that some of these owner partner is suffering from?

I entered into a partnership deal with my partner a senior personal in the army. When we were striking the partnership agreement by the help of the fleet management company I spoke of sometime ago, I new in me that these marriage will not be a smooth one, I will have to apply the highest level of emotional intelligence.

So I had these shaft sound had to go home and park then sent my partner a whatsapp message explaining the new development. The man came at me with a bad response, he is either feeling am lying to him to short change him of his weekly remittance which is due today. Using words that depicts a master slave relationship while in reality we are partners.

Am at a cross road, I had to call the management company (who offloaded him from the list of people they manage there cars because of these same attitude) and ask them how they manage these guy. Believe me the normal me would just transfer the money to him and tell him I can't continue with these partnership I wish to terminate it. He doesn't seem to want to listen, he flares up easily a normal trait I know is found in them but it's a partnership agreement. should I allow him to boss me around all in the name of trying to make it work or just go straight up and drop the car?

He is not in Lagos, and doesn't have anybody here as family or so. From the onset I told him I need his mechanic contact so he will acts as a third party to confirm all these repairs or faults am tell him about but he just looked for a way to wiggle himself out of that discussion.

He is saying we just spent one week money on the car on hub, tires and some other repairs I need him to fix,shey naaa me pray make the repairs come up? A tool used for work, to carry out or render transportation service will always develops fault now. Just tired and at a cross road.

These is what i have agreed to do. Once I send him the cash, I will send him Message in the night that I would like that his mechanic number so I can call the guy drive the car to him to confirm if the shaft is bad or not first thing tomorrow morning, if he doesn't produce it that am afraid i can continue with the partnership shikanah..

PS... If your all have another way thes can be remedied please let me know.
I don't believe he has a mechanic.send him his money and call it a day .a better offer will come your way.believe me,it's s trend that will not end. I'm a soldier's son,I know the mentality.they're built that way.
They work on your timidity and fear.he'll psychologically wear your out with intimidation and bullying,but if you're a brave heart,he'll become reasonable.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:09am On Nov 27, 2019
Tyche:

Have any idea what they paid? We can build on that or look at pay per trip, per day or per week depending on some deliverables

We'll have to find that out

My first job was with a Digital advertising company. That's a multi million naira enterprise.
It has so many hurdles, but once you overcome,..... Na blood money

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:13am On Nov 27, 2019
pope191:

I hope u r ready for Jayz 50th Birthday next week? I'm going to Brooklyn live grin I remember d day I played Tracy album for a rider, she just rest her head well and slept off while singing. Peaceful ride to destination, madam wish the trip was longer. Not too many riders enjoy good music, but for now let's parte after parts grin

Lol. I remember a day I played Tracy Chapman for a rider. The woman was just flowing and said I reminded her of her young days

Funny enough, I was watching Jay-Z videos on YouTube days ago. I like riders that love classics... Biggie, Nate Dogg, Nas, Lauryn Hill, Naughty by nature, and so on

All these Gbese and Ayiiiii dey tire me quick

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:14am On Nov 27, 2019
eherbal:
I don't believe he has a mechanic.send him his money and call it a day .a better offer will come your way.believe me,it's s trend that will not end. I'm a soldier's son,I know the mentality.they're built that way.
They work on your timidity and fear.he'll psychologically wear your out with intimidation and bullying,but if you're a brave heart,he'll become reasonable.

No wonder

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by inferno82(m): 8:19am On Nov 27, 2019
I hail bro. Please how do one gething activated on opay and there office address. I can't find there driver app on play store. Thanks

Gentlelife50:

My brother see another thing is a lot of drivers are ignorant, they were busy shouting that Opay is spoiling the work by charging #200 and #400 for trips.
Even u tell them Opay will balance them they still tell you it's not going to work, I was at their office for activation and they told me no bonuses on cash trips so if it's a cash trip the driver will collect everything but they don't know and won't care to know.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 8:32am On Nov 27, 2019
ajoks533:

None is going tru...
same here.even hid my no,same noni.lesson learnt bro.never take transfers under any circumstances. God will cross your your paths soon.for your own sake,dont be a gentleman about it.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:33am On Nov 27, 2019
izzou:

Lol. I remember a day I played Tracy Chapman for a rider. The woman was just flowing and said I reminded her of her young days

Funny enough, I was watching Jay-Z videos on YouTube days ago. I like riders that love classics... Biggie, Nate Dogg, Nas, Lauryn Hill, Naughty by nature, and so on

All these Gbese and Ayiiiii dey tire me quick

Serious motivation to drive. Last night I was so tired at lekki and have to drive to mainland, got a trip to shomolu and it was a 65mins trip... I gently arrange my India Arie and John Meyer compilation with d mindset that I'm not going to give into rider 97.3/98.5 or I'll tell em straight, I'm using d music to avoid sleeping while driving. Fortunately he got along and we both enjoyed d ride. I think riders should give drivers dat space to b able to play dia choice music once in a while (not always), just as a source of motivation for dem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:40am On Nov 27, 2019
pope191:

Serious motivation to drive. Last night I was so tired at lekki and have to drive to mainland, got a trip to shomolu and it was a 65mins trip... I gently arrange my India Arie and John Meyer compilation with d mindset that I'm not going to give into rider 97.3/98.5 or I'll tell em straight, I'm using d music to avoid sleeping while driving. Fortunately he got along and we both enjoyed d ride. I think riders should give drivers dat space to b able to play dia choice music once in a while (not always), just as a source of motivation for dem.

Some times, I usually play them without their permission. If they don't complain, we enjoy am together grin

Most times, my stereo is either on CD player or aux. I only listen to Jimi Disu on 97.3 or Ore and her gang on 91.3

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 8:40am On Nov 27, 2019
izzou:

No wonder
tah dia! grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:46am On Nov 27, 2019
izzou:

Some times, I usually play them without their permission. If they don't complain, we enjoy am together grin

Most times, my stereo is either on CD player or aux. I only listen to Jimi Disu on 97.3 or Ore and her gang on 91.3

Nah soh... I want to port to Ocar, u ppl should pleasw show us d way. Is d BVN necessary? Cos I don't think I can drop that for any1, not even her
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:47am On Nov 27, 2019
pope191:

Nah soh... I want to port to Ocar, u ppl should pleasw show us d way

ofime123 can help.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stephenponti(m): 8:54am On Nov 27, 2019
stephenponti:
Tojah thanks for this idea. i just called her Thank God she have paid you.

Pls house i need a similar help.

I took a woman from Olurotimi A Adesina street, in seaside Estate Badore Ajah. To Johnson Estate on bolt halfway through the journey she suggested we do offline because she ll be going to spend time on stoppages. when The movement sumed up to 8000 Naira and she was still in a meeting she said I should forward her my account details and that she will send me 8000 naira and I forwarded her my account number since yesterday Monday 2:30 p.m. I have been calling her she blocked all my line she's no longer responding to my WhatsApp messages or text messages

Please house help me lay ambush on her line with calls these are her 2 numbers

The name she use on Bolt and Truecaller is
J K

+2347055382031

+2348026310138

I am in the woman compound right now the security man there said that about 6 drivers has come to the compound complaining about the same thing that 4 soldiers have even come to look for her but she instructed the security man tell everybody looking for her she is not around. The security man is leading me to meet the lawyer the caretaker of the house.
i ll keep u updated

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 9:01am On Nov 27, 2019
eherbal:
this, my bro,is a very sound observation.nice one

The only problem with this is most Petrol stations don’t work 24hrs
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 9:07am On Nov 27, 2019
deedee44:

Why did they fail? That will be a good start

I really don't know. Do you know?
I think taxiappguy and carshopper worked with such companies. They should be able to enlighten us
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tyche(m): 9:14am On Nov 27, 2019
izzou:

We'll have to find that out

Waiting for the info

izzou:

My first job was with a Digital advertising company. That's a multi million naira enterprise.
It has so many hurdles, but once you overcome,..... Na blood money [/b][/color]

Advertising is a trillion-dollar industry once one gets things right.

Presently though, the busiess world thrives on disruptions and hyper-local approach while thinking global.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ARIINI: 9:15am On Nov 27, 2019
Hello great partners.

Hope business is on great.

I need a reliable driver for a Camry 2003 model. Location is Lagos.

Please who can make good recommendations for me, and what advice would you offer?

Thanks!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by inferno82(m): 9:21am On Nov 27, 2019
Am interested. I stay around abule egba

ARIINI:
Hello great partners.

Hope business is on great.

I need a reliable driver for a Camry 2003 model. Location is Lagos.

Please who can make good recommendations for me, and what advice would you offer?

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:57am On Nov 27, 2019
stephenponti:

I am in the woman compound right now the security man there said that about 6 drivers has come to the compound complaining about the same thing that 4 soldiers have even come to look for her but she instructed the security man tell everybody looking for her she is not around. The security man is leading me to meet the lawyer the caretaker of the house.
i ll keep u updated

cheesy grin I see war coming, she have no option but to send that money. That was how I picked a girl (Olosho to say) from Igbobi to Alausa yesterday ard 8:30pm. Got to her house, she begged me to wait, she only want to change her cloth and procced to charity road. Since I'm going to ogba, I felt Ohk. Took her like 40 mins to change (Just jeans and top o). As we are proceeding, she receive a call and ask us to turn back, sighting her boyfriend said they should meet at club as excuse. ohk! I took her back home to change cloth to her presumed club fit, but on our way I start boiling and make her understand I can't wait again I have to end the trip... Before I knew it, dis girl try to open fire on me, ehn! She does not have any money on her, she is banking on the guy to pay. Weakness too over me and I have to step abit above her by changing d narrative to explanation while waiting to release full hanger on d said guy, but baba show up with Venze and iPhone 11, that was how he intimidated Pope lipsrsealed even after transfer, I can't say show me the details.

But ladies, how do u ppl walk ard late night, no ATM, no penny in ur purse, una strong oo...

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by confusedworld17: 9:59am On Nov 27, 2019
Was listening to Jimi Disu one morning like that when this hyper religious fellow entered my car. Dude requested I play him a worship song or I should turn off the radio if I no get any worship song. He also emphasized that it has to be worship song and not even praises.
Since na long trip, I just give am one excuse, continue with Disu. Dude just dey murmur
izzou:

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 10:36am On Nov 27, 2019
8k plenty to just forget like that to one fraudulent rider.

stephenponti:

i ll keep u updated

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 10:36am On Nov 27, 2019
Epphy:

I really don't know. Do you know?
I think taxiappguy and carshopper worked with such companies. They should be able to enlighten us

Not all agency or companies believe in direct marketing using E-hailing platform. Reasons going from compliance and monitoring, deployment, measuring impact and visibility or sight of line. But it's still something that I am pushing vigorously.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stephenponti(m): 10:44am On Nov 27, 2019
stephenponti:

i ll keep u updated

they care taker eas still in bed so
I tipped the security got his number i will use the guy to track her down.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stephenponti(m): 10:45am On Nov 27, 2019
stephenponti:

i ll keep u updated

the care taker was still in bed so
I tipped the security got his number i will use the guy to track her down.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 10:47am On Nov 27, 2019
peeps4u:
Actually, their motive is to see how to drive the use of their wallet such that it will become a traditional means of transaction for people. That's why they are coming with many services.

I would rather say, the exclusion of the Nigerian commercial banks ( Shylocks).

The money comes from ur bank account into ur wallet ( their own pool). From, this pool ( hundreds of thousands of wallets) , they have a control over such resources n will b used to finance other arms of their businesses.

Recently, CBN just granted them mobile money license , so they will use such funds to finance their biz.

I'm happy they are running a tight ship. N excluding Nigerian banks who add no serious value to the economy than to deduct from your accounts.

By and large, Uber should brace up for the storm coming.

Preliminary findings suggest Opay gave uber the boot in China.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 11:12am On Nov 27, 2019
izzou:

I'm sure they did all these, but I think the issue boils down to getting drivers to install the screens, how much are you willing to pay, and most importantly, getting the clients to advertise

Those three, to me are huge barriers

Guys, you all are missing it ooo.
Why would a rider order an "Uber" or "Bolt," enter and start interacting with one small screen at the back of the driver's seat?

Let's imagine typical e-hailing riders:
1. The KPMG accountant leaving Egbeda by 5:00 am and who has to be in the office by 7:00 am to finish the report he dumped by 9:00 pm the night before;
2. The "runs" girl on her way to the client's place for some hours of work;
3. The bank Marketing Executive who wants the e-hailing vehicle for the next 4 hours so she can meet up with some clients and follow up on her leads;
4. Mr. Lagbaja who lives in Argungi and who wants to get to the International Airport to catch a flight;
5. Ms. Ladelu, who just came in from the abroad and wants to get to her Duplex in Ajah in peace and quiet ...

I can go on and on. No matter the profile of the e-hailing rider you think of, why would he or she want to interact (press, navigate, watch, maybe buy) a screen that is installed in the car? More especially when he or she has one or more of his or her own screens?

If that question can be answered, then you have a best-selling product or service ready to go. Drivers would install. Companies would advertise.

But it has to start first with riders engaging the screen.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AngryIgboMan: 11:15am On Nov 27, 2019
izzou:

Okay. People have suggested though

Can you suggest any good android
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AngryIgboMan: 11:16am On Nov 27, 2019
House, please suggest any good android for uber and bolt. Thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 27, 2019
Gentlelife50:

Lol, u go chop low rating tire.
I do likewise too, if u want to stop I always ask if you are gonna take long so I know whether to wait or Japa.
lol. Yes, she gave me one star. Yes, but she also learnt the hard way. The girl was arrogant. She was getting down from the car towards the mall, didn't say a word to me. Had to ask her how long it will take. She said, five minutes. But I should call if I'm getting restless. Under hot sun. Lol. I called after 15 minutes, she said she's done and already paying. Waited another 10 minutee before leaving the idiot at the mall. I did five more short trips around VI/Ikoyi after that. The good news is that if I hadn't done that, I wouldn't have been on 3% as we speak. When she gets back to KPMG, she will tell her arrogant friends what happened to her, they too will learn, that's how reorientation of riders is done, not by caring about ratings.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:25am On Nov 27, 2019
eherbal:
shebi na you dey fund awoof? Cancel fire.you must go dat destination. grin
Lol
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 27, 2019
izzou:

I wish I could get the girl that scammed me of #1100 from Ajao Estate to Ikeja

I go just blow go TMB, stop for Unilag waterfront, and drag her out of my car.

She can either choose to trek to IyanaOworo or Adekunle grin
lol. Uber refunded me so there was no need escalating it. I wanted to have words with him, humiliate him and make him look stupid which was achieved. Dude looked embarrassed, hagard and ashamed after the trip. That made me happy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2136) (2137) (2138) (2139) (2140) (2141) (2142) ... (5694) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Welz(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.