Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,416 members, 7,830,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2293) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4802441 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2290) (2291) (2292) (2293) (2294) (2295) (2296) ... (5700) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 4:12pm On Jan 08, 2020
izzou:

If your fate was #1300 this morning, then the actual fare was #1100 with commission. #200 for Sanwo-tollgate

You could agree for a weekly pay, to see how it goes. If you no enjoy am,.....Jakpaa
I used the Alternative route (Oniru) so there wasn't a toll fare.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrsteel: 4:12pm On Jan 08, 2020
pope191:
from my view, it can't work, don't crack ur head over nothing. How much is she going to pay a driver with her own car? One of the benefit of this job, is you being able to determine your movement... Now u r constrain to wake 5am and even if you have a sweet trip around 3/30pm, your movement have to hover around island, forgotten you can b at still for 1hrs and be getting 500 naira trips cos you can't leave. Who is going to be responsible for tolls? What happens on days you have to visit the mech? What happens on your rest day? You can give it a try tough, maybe this path may lead to others, but believe me, you r going to do lots of stop over and freebies.
The bold is inevitable
Automatically op is now a personal driver
So he will do all that is expected of a personal driver. Only advantage is just maybe recommendation can come from such relationship
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 4:12pm On Jan 08, 2020
pope191:

The lady is smart, she knew what she paid last month, let her buy a car and employ d service of a driver. Damn! Oven can make a brother have a second tot on a clear issue.

grin grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 4:13pm On Jan 08, 2020
Babadee1900:

Hmmmmm..

Okay

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 4:17pm On Jan 08, 2020
pope191:
from my view, it can't work, don't crack ur head over nothing. How much is she going to pay a driver with her own car? One of the benefit of this job, is you being able to determine your movement... Now u r constrain to wake 5am and even if you have a sweet trip around 3/30pm, your movement have to hover around island, forgotten you can b at still for 1hrs and be getting 500 naira trips cos you can't leave. Who is going to be responsible for tolls? What happens on days you have to visit the mech? What happens on your rest day? You can give it a try tough, maybe this path may lead to others, but believe me, you r going to do lots of stop over and freebies.

Pope for National Adviser!

You've said it all. The deal is a dead one. Don't near it. let the guy go to work same way he has been doing before now. If you engage in this, baba na you go loss.

TOLL (You go pay)
SURGE (You go miss)
stopovers (Na your new logo)
wait my friend is joining us (This must happen)
Abeg if you're coming help me buy Recharge card when you come I go pay (Nothing can stop this)

well who knows? maybe you like it already... but truth is , the guy is cheating you. He just played you if you fall. That trip always have peak period which you can contest.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 4:23pm On Jan 08, 2020
Cooladex:

Lol. That area leading to toll gate from Ogudu isn't properly mapped. You 'll want to divert to ojota nd map would lead u to ikorodu.

Took some Chinese guys from vi when I just started driving on uber. They were going to Chinese village.
B4 I knew it i found myself at Ketu. The Chinese men shouted like a mad man.

Ketu sha, who has not been a victim of that calamity? Mine was avoidable, but its in my early start up days when riders can pressurise me into chicken... Picked this man at lekki phase 1 going to the airport, the way he yelled at his maid self send a quick shiver into me. He got into the car and ask me to speed up, I was doing 120 on 3MB, yet he wasn't satisfy with the speed, he keep checking the map and gave up when he saw traffic ard gbagada, so he ask me to take charge and in tune to pls my new Oga, I decided to use the Maryland turn to ojota, only to turn at the 1st ikorodu rd I sighted ard motorways that lead to Ketu, to make it worst I end up finding my self on the last lane where deh use to pack market stuffs at ketu road. The man jejely drop without saying a word grin I didn't even bother asking him for money, then it was all about star for me and not getting block for such calamity, deep within I was just praying he doesn't report me.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 4:25pm On Jan 08, 2020
Babadee1900:

Boss that's how you plan to buy another shocks, lower arms and legs related issues.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 4:26pm On Jan 08, 2020
tojahh:

You've said it all. The deal is a dead one. Don't near it. let the guy go to work same way he has been doing before now. If you engage in this, baba na you go loss.

TOLL (You go pay)
SURGE (You go miss)
Abeg if you're coming help me buy Recharge card when you come I go pay (Nothing can stop this)

well who knows? maybe you like it already... but truth is , the guy is cheating you. He just played you if you fall. That trip always have peak period which you can contest.

Tojahh, I can see u wish me well... MC, pls don't mind him, I'm the only male in my father's house grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 4:27pm On Jan 08, 2020
pope191:

Boss that's how you plan to buy another shocks, lower arms and legs related issues.

Not as bad as before

Them don almost fix am finish(The last time I passed it)

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 4:37pm On Jan 08, 2020
pope191:

That road een, My right front shock is a mess already.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 4:39pm On Jan 08, 2020
Babadee1900:
Elders in the house, help me reason this matter.

I picked a rider this morning around 6am from Chevy View Estate on Chevron drive. He was going to Eko Hotel, mid way through the trip he asked if I stay around, I said Yes.

He wants me to pick him every morning at 6am from his house and 5pm at his office which is beside Eko hotel.

He wants to pay 2500 per day but payment will be monthly which is 50,000.

I am still considering the offer as I don't want to be committed to anybody, I hardly work during the evening rush hour.

P.s I stay at Ajah

Ko le werk.

Politely explain to him (her) that it would be impossible to fix your schedule every day and you don't want to end up disappointing him (her) one of those days.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 4:40pm On Jan 08, 2020
Babadee1900:
Male ooo. He should be around late 50s cheesy

Lol, why is he giving you such offer? Is only a woman that can trap a man to such emotional agreement and you will just b forming gentleman grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 4:41pm On Jan 08, 2020
mrsteel:

The bold is inevitable
Automatically op is now a personal driver
So he will do all that is expected of a personal driver. Only advantage is just maybe recommendation can come from such relationship

Sure, recommendation will come, but he must have pay and paved way for it with attitude.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 4:43pm On Jan 08, 2020
tojahh:

TOLL (You go pay)
SURGE (You go miss)

I am not going ahead with the offer. He said the guy that was picking him before had the car collected from in December as he wasn't remitting money to the owner even after he helped him pay twice.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 4:45pm On Jan 08, 2020
izzou:

Not as bad as before

Them don almost fix am finish(The last time I passed it)

Yep, but that road that connect to ligali Ayorinde is one road i dislike with passion

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 4:47pm On Jan 08, 2020
nitigriti:

Ko le werk.

Politely explain to him (her) that it would be impossible to fix your schedule every day and you don't want to end up disappointing him (her) one of those days.
According to him, he has no problem if he the 'driver' cant make it for the 5pm pick up, he only wants to be informed beforehand at least a text around 4pm to notify him of unavailability.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 4:52pm On Jan 08, 2020
Cooladex:
Google map that has directed inside beach sand b4. Had to pay pple b4 i was pushed out. grin If we start this Google map story , we wont finish today.

Tho funniest one was on my first week on uber.
Baba ordered a rider home from his office at bode thomas to Osborne estate II. I think driver wasn't around or smtin.

Baba just balanced for back dey reach punch.

I started using Google map. It took me through adeniji Adele side. B4 i knew it i found myself in costain again. Baba just threw paper away and shouted "whaaaat". If you don't know road cant you ask? "What rubbish newspaper am I even reading. grin grin

I just kep saying sorry sir. He had to direct me to his destination. Fare read 4k5.
Funny enough he gave me 5k. That he knows it's the unemployment that is causing all this and its not my fault. grin

I remember one lady I picked from Cubana VI around 11:30pm one of those nights. She was going to somewhere around Palmgrove-Onipanu area. I started the trip and saw her destination. I loaded Google maps and we were on our way.

Babe just put earpiece for ear, sat down in owner's corner and was watching a movie. Google maps took me through 3MB and then into Gbagada to enter that estate beside Mr Biggs then through the estate to Palmgrove.

There was no traffic that night, so see me feeling cool and cruising. As we were about to enter the Gbagada estate, I just heard babe at the back shout "Jesus!"

I was scared. I asked her what the problem was.
Babe: Where are we?
Me: Gbagada
Babe: What are we doing in Gbagada? At 12 midnight?
Me: I'm following Google maps to your destination

Babe: Google maps? You were supposed to pass Apongbon and drive straight to Palmgrove, then turn in at Mr. Biggs in Palmgrove
Me: Well, I didn't know that route. I just loaded Google maps and followed its directions to your destination. I didn't even know you are going to Palmgrove area. If I knew, I would have gone through Apongbon.

Babe: But you should have asked nauuu ...
Me: But you too what were you doing at the back that you didn't notice me climbing 3MB? What if I was a kidnapper carrying you away?

Both of us soon calmed down after shouting at each other back and forth. Last last, Google maps got us to her destination.

I'm sure she would have rated me 3 stars or less.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by timifakay(m): 5:03pm On Jan 08, 2020
EasyPeazy:

Update on this.

All thanks to google, I was able to find out that one of my coils was damaged.

[s]Guys, oyibo people are too much oo. I saw a video where a white mechanic was saying I should be removing all the coils one by one. If the engine should not change in sound as I removed any... Then that one is bad![/s]

#1 thing any Kazeem will do to diagnose a misfire...
You should scan incase you have any other DTC
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gunzANDroses: 5:12pm On Jan 08, 2020
Babadee1900:
Good questions.

The fare this morning was 1300, he said since it's an offline trip and I wont be charged commission by bolt that it should be lesser.

About punctuality, he didn't take up to 2 minutes after I called him that I've arrived before he showed up.

Even if I consider the morning trip, I cant do the evening trip.

Control of the situation still lies within your paw view. Negotiate based on just morning trips. If he agrees fine, if he doesn't you have nothing to loose; business as usual.

As per the timing you have to be professional and strict. Make him understand 6am is 6am and no Nigerian time hear. If possible tell him you have another client that you pick every morning as well so he needs to be punctual.

Another concern for me is how will the payment be done, upfront?

Make local man no come do driver finish for one full month at the end grammar come enter.

But like someone said, the situation might lead to something bugger, and since we seem to be in the era of oil jobs this period, you never can tell. cheesy

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 5:12pm On Jan 08, 2020
Christie171:
Do you really think transaction between me, my bank and your bank is a guarantee if I choose to be irresponsible

Will my bank chase me upandan if I choose to stop depositing with them after sealing the transaction deal??

Haven't you heard of salary earners who transfers out their money as soon as it hits the account just so they won't payback the bank's loan

What am I even saying self kiss
Pls, kindly do lots of enquiry bcuz Nigerians are not to be joked with cool

Cheers to a beautiful day folks wink

I understand you.
I'm working on that.
There's something I'm trying to find out, let me put it here.

Is bank reference letter the same the bank standing in as a guarantor?
I still to get more information before going into it
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ojbanja: 5:17pm On Jan 08, 2020
Cooladex:

Lol. That area leading to toll gate from Ogudu isn't properly mapped. You 'll want to divert to ojota nd map would lead u to ikorodu.

Took some Chinese guys from vi when I just started driving on uber. They were going to Chinese village.
B4 I knew it i found myself at Ketu. The Chinese men shouted like a mad man.

Lol, Google map has its own sha, but on this na you no listen well, it has happened to me before,
I found my self in tipper garage along ikorodu road in ketu., I manoeuvre from the back to the express at Alapere again,
Now, I listen well, in about 600m Google map will tell you, "turn right onto Ikorodu "
At about 100m ,Google map will then say "turn right onto ikorodu and maintain your left" thats where u will get to ojota or Maryland.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 5:22pm On Jan 08, 2020
tojahh:

Why do I have the feeling she has failed already? please I am not a kill joy, I wish she stays and get needed experience and sense. If you have any advice to chip in for her to survive it at Seismic do not withhold it bro, finish the good work. Meanwhile I sent you a Pm. Will be needing some debottlenecking on some FEED studies and HAZOP.

I'm not a seismic person, my area is Automation and control. I fear seismic wella.
Those guys are always under pressure, their work needs precision.

As for her, everything is there for her to succeed, that department runs Monday to Sunday because of one serious project they're handling. The best time she can learn is weekends which I told her.

I told her point blank that if she believes in the temperature of her oven it will definitely fail her here. She might as well loose her thermostat and actuators if care is not taken.

grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 5:23pm On Jan 08, 2020
gunzANDroses:

Control of the situation still lies within your paw view. Negotiate based on just morning trips. If he agrees fine, if he doesn't you have nothing to loose; business as usual.

As per the timing you have to be professional and strict. Make him understand 6am is 6am and no Nigerian time hear. If possible tell him you have another client that you pick every morning as well so he needs to be punctual.

Another concern for me is how will the payment be done, upfront?

Make local man no come do driver finish for one full month at the end grammar come enter.

But like someone said, the situation might lead to something bugger, and since we seem to be in the era of oil jobs this period, you never can tell. cheesy
I wont be going through with the offer. I don't want to be committed to anybody. I only drive when I feel like

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 08, 2020
peeps4u:
You stubborn fa. grin grin
You still went to measure the depth of the water despite being warned by the local?

I tire o. It is driver's like him that make some riders give us shits on the road. What about telling the rider the road is not passable and ask him to meet you at a better place? As for me, raining season, I no dey enter water anyhow. You make a request and there is water, I tell you to find a way of meeting me. Else, trip cancelled.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 5:30pm On Jan 08, 2020
calabardick:

I understand you.
I'm working on that.
There's something I'm trying to find out, let me put it here.

Is bank reference letter the same the bank standing in as a guarantor?
I still to get more information before going into it

NO! The bank has no hold on its customer aside its operation except they borrow directly from such bank.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gunzANDroses: 5:30pm On Jan 08, 2020
Babadee1900:
I wont be going through with the offer. I don't want to be committed to anybody. I only drive when I feel like

Do you bro. All the best.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 5:32pm On Jan 08, 2020
calabardick:

I'm not a seismic person, my area is Automation and control. I fear seismic wella.
Those guys are always under pressure, their work needs precision.

As for her, everything is there for her to succeed, that department runs Monday to Sunday because of one serious project they're handling. The best time she can learn is weekends which I told her.

I told her point blank that if she believes in the temperature of her oven it will definitely fail her here. She might as well loose her thermostat and actuators if care is not taken.

grin grin

Pope come and carry me and go... Baba has finished the story grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gunzANDroses: 5:34pm On Jan 08, 2020
tojahh:

NO! The bank has no hold on its customer aside its operation except they borrow directly from such bank.

I think most banks have a third party company known as loan sharks that go after debtors.

But I seriously doubt if any bank would go into such an agreement.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 5:36pm On Jan 08, 2020
gunzANDroses:

I think most banks have a third party company known as loan sharks that go after debtors.

But I seriously doubt if any bank would go into such an agreement.

Yes a loan recovery team.. A loan indebted to the bank collateral base or otherwise
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oblozzolawrence: 5:44pm On Jan 08, 2020
pope191:

Ketu sha, who has not been a victim of that calamity? Mine was avoidable, but its in my early start up days when riders can pressurise me into chicken... Picked this man at lekki phase 1 going to the airport, the way he yelled at his maid self send a quick shiver into me. He got into the car and ask me to speed up, I was doing 120 on 3MB, yet he wasn't satisfy with the speed, he keep checking the map and gave up when he saw traffic ard gbagada, so he ask me to take charge and in tune to pls my new Oga, I decided to use the Maryland turn to ojota, only to turn at the 1st ikorodu rd I sighted ard motorways that lead to Ketu, to make it worst I end up finding my self on the last lane where deh use to pack market stuffs at ketu road. The man jejely drop without saying a word grin I didn't even bother asking him for money, then it was all about star for me and not getting block for such calamity, deep within I was just praying he doesn't report me.
laugh wan keel me here ooo lolzzz

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 5:47pm On Jan 08, 2020
tojahh:

Pope come and carry me and go... Baba has finished the story grin

I'm at d mech place and deh r just looking at me cracking out with laugh "temperature of her oven it will definitely fail her" grin grin nothing pope no go hear for inside confessional

Boss @Calabardick, pls have mercy on my tummy grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 5:59pm On Jan 08, 2020
oblozzolawrence:
laugh wan keel me here ooo lolzzz

Boss its a season of laughter grin but now I pray I don't do such mistake again... The last one I did was last month, coming from ozumba trying to link 3MB, I mistakenly use the Bonny camp ramp instead of 3MB. Rider and I were deep into free flow chat, so he understand, had to make another turn under d bridge.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2290) (2291) (2292) (2293) (2294) (2295) (2296) ... (5700) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Biggyz and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.