Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,585 members, 7,837,211 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4821932 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2289) (2290) (2291) (2292) (2293) (2294) (2295) ... (5707) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 11:20am On Jan 08, 2020
calabardick:

Seriously?
Lolzzz
Bros na ground u sitdon like ohgrin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vulpeslopez(m): 11:22am On Jan 08, 2020
Babadee1900:
Is this the winter you people have been talking about?...Its been two hours since my last trip and I'm yet to get a request.

I have changed position four times, no show. Na sleep sure pass now

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 11:23am On Jan 08, 2020
Babadee1900:
Is this the winter you people have been talking about?...Its been two hours since my last trip and I'm yet to get a request.

grin Winter is here.

I used to doing early morning trips before I head to work, but these days I no dey bother. It's not as busy as before.

In the end, we go still get our BREAD for the day.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 11:28am On Jan 08, 2020
You see? That’s one of the down sides oh Gmap just like I mentioned earlier it won’t tell you a path abandoned by motorists due to bad road caused by flood, blockage or something else.

It’s program to get you to your destination through the shortest distance relating to time.

nitigriti:

The first time, I got a request from one of those estates on Lekki-Epe Expressway. Google maps said I should pass one street like that, connect with Silverbird Road and enter the estate from Silverbird Road. That was how I put my head.

It was rainy season, so there were puddles of water everywhere. Since its Lekki, before I put the car in a puddle, I come down and measure the depth of the puddle. I had a special dip stick I use. Come and see people staring at this emergency surveyor. The road was muddy too, so it was a constant battle not to sink the car in the mud. In fact, there was a specific instance when the car glided out of control and the bumper hit a fence!

People were just staring at me like "Where is this Oga going?"

Last last, I now got to one major puddle. The guys around warned me - "Oga, moto no dey pass dat place wey you wan enter. Your moto go sink." Me, stubborn Surveyor, came down with my stick to check how far. The major puddle swallowed the whole stick. The stick was the height of the car's window level. There was no way around the major puddle, this was last bus stop for me.

I looked around and suddenly realized that the fence I hit earlier was actually the flood barrier to the sea! The sea was not more than 50m away from where I was. See the gate of the estate I was going to in front of me. Only the puddle separated me from Silverbird Road.

I asked the people around how to get to the estate, they told me to go back to the express and turnaround into Silverbird Road. I didn't like how that sounded.

I called rider and told him where I was. He had to come meet me there.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Christie171(f): 11:39am On Jan 08, 2020
calabardick:
Lots of people are looking for cars for the hustle.
I may consider this (HP)
I will not need a guarantor, all I will need from you will be a letter of reference from your bank.
If you can get that then consider it done.

The transaction will be between you/your bank and my bank

I have to inquire first to get full details on this
Do you really think transaction between me, my bank and your bank is a guarantee if I choose to be irresponsible

Will my bank chase me upandan if I choose to stop depositing with them after sealing the transaction deal??

Haven't you heard of salary earners who transfers out their money as soon as it hits the account just so they won't payback the bank's loan

What am I even saying self kiss
Pls, kindly do lots of enquiry bcuz Nigerians are not to be joked with cool

Cheers to a beautiful day folks wink

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 12:17pm On Jan 08, 2020
Christie171:
Do you really think transaction between me, my bank and your bank is a guarantee if I choose to be irresponsible

Will my bank chase me upandan if I choose to stop depositing with them after sealing the transaction deal??

Haven't you heard of salary earners who transfers out their money as soon as it hits the account just so they won't payback the bank's loan

What am I even saying self kiss
Pls, kindly do lots of enquiry bcuz Nigerians are not to be joked with cool

Cheers to a beautiful day folks wink

Not to appraise you but yes you obviously wow me anytime you write. Due diligence will be applied i guessed but except he has masterminded how to get his remittance from drivers via the bank guaranty.... if not, just if not, he might be showing them his calabard8) las las. But we are together here, we will see what needs he would need to perfect this.

its a win win for both partners.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SHOOPSYN(m): 12:18pm On Jan 08, 2020
Uber map is worst. It takes you to Godforsaken short cuts just to avoid 1minute traffic on main road... Uber map that can ask you to take left turn on 3MB. I have not been enjoying Uber map since I updated the app on my phone. Las Las, we go reach house, either through the ocean, air or land....

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 12:21pm On Jan 08, 2020
calabardick:

She studied geology, she couldn't answer any question in that field. Now we've sent her to seismic data processing unit, it's like placing her on a bag of gunpowder, it's left for her to use her brain. Unknown to her, she's on probation for three month, her boss will appraise her weekly and submit it to the management. at the end of her probation she'll write an exam (according to our policy) both practical and theory. If she make it, that's when her employment will be confirmed.

She came to do few months internship and leave, but now She isn't there as an interm but as an employee on probation, she isn't aware of this as no letter have been issued to her. Everyone doubt her, it's left for her to open her head, focus and pray to God for guidance.

Irrespective of who you sleep with in my office, it's not a guarantee to job security. Our company is objective based. Objective review is quarterly, the head of your unit, the management and you meet for the review.

It's always a hot seat. Tougher than job interview.

Why do I have the feeling she has failed already? please I am not a kill joy, I wish she stays and get needed experience and sense. If you have any advice to chip in for her to survive it at Seismic do not withhold it bro, finish the good work. Meanwhile I sent you a Pm. Will be needing some debottlenecking on some FEED studies and HAZOP.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 12:23pm On Jan 08, 2020
SHOOPSYN:
Uber map is worst. It takes you to Godforsaken short cuts just to avoid 1minute traffic on main road... Uber map that can ask you to take left turn on 3MB. I have not been enjoying Uber map since I updated the app on my phone. Las Las, we go reach house, either through the ocean, air or land....

Change the default uber map to Gmap now.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 12:36pm On Jan 08, 2020
Babadee1900:

Hahaha...
Yes oh it’s the winter I talked about and as a matter of fact it just got started.

To make it worse newbies are signing up to the hustle now than other months of the yr

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Luxurydriverng: 12:43pm On Jan 08, 2020
Request quite on the low side lately. Well na so business be their are peak periods and down times. 3more trips to hit 3%.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by EzekielMab(m): 12:53pm On Jan 08, 2020
Hello guys , I'm lost. I need help oh.

I'm at Akin odesola street.

I want to collect toll gate card. How can I connect ?
Help oh
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by EzekielMab(m): 1:04pm On Jan 08, 2020
EzekielMab:

Help oh

Somebody help oh

I highlighted from the bus ni
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 1:27pm On Jan 08, 2020
EzekielMab:

Somebody help oh

I highlighted from the bus ni
you what?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gunzANDroses: 1:30pm On Jan 08, 2020
deedee44:

If this feature is active then you will start getting "error, Google maps cannot find any route to your destination" when you are going to many places on the mainland. Plus I go lost tire when going back home in the night from an unknown place grin

I see the wisdom in what you've said. Cos practically, almost all road for lasgidi is bad.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 1:32pm On Jan 08, 2020
EzekielMab:

Help oh

In 200m head take the ramp to lekki epe express way,

Continue on lekki epe express way for 3km
In 3k just after the toll gate your destination is on the right

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gunzANDroses: 1:38pm On Jan 08, 2020
calabardick:

Seriously?

That's just the thing with faceless forums. You might as well have been talking to someone's middle finger all day and you still won't know it. Or even worse, someone with a "stellattude" problem on a pretense spree.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by yomi212(m): 1:40pm On Jan 08, 2020
Good afternoon
please am driver in need of a sound car For uber/bolt. weekly remittance will be a good deal for me.
number: 09052919540
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gunzANDroses: 1:48pm On Jan 08, 2020
SHOOPSYN:

Bro check your map settings. "Suicidal" is probably turned on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 2:31pm On Jan 08, 2020
gunzANDroses:

That's just the thing with faceless forums. You might as well have been talking to someone's middle finger all day and you still won't know it. Or even worse, someone with a "stellattude" problem on a pretense spree.
Believe everything you see on SM at your own peril.

The Bible says by their fruits yea shall know them.

Wisdom will can’t be deceived, it will tell the difference btw colors even with its eyes closed.grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cooladex(m): 2:39pm On Jan 08, 2020
deedee44:

Lolzzzz. Na u drive car reach there abi na car drive u cheesy
Lol. That area leading to toll gate from Ogudu isn't properly mapped. You 'll want to divert to ojota nd map would lead u to ikorodu.

Took some Chinese guys from vi when I just started driving on uber. They were going to Chinese village.
B4 I knew it i found myself at Ketu. The Chinese men shouted like a mad man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cooladex(m): 2:57pm On Jan 08, 2020
Google map that has directed inside beach sand b4. Had to pay pple b4 i was pushed out. grin If we start this Google map story , we wont finish today.

Tho funniest one was on my first week on uber.
Baba ordered a rider home from his office at bode thomas to Osborne estate II. I think driver wasn't around or smtin.

Baba just balanced for back dey reach punch.

I started using Google map. It took me through adeniji Adele side. B4 i knew it i found myself in costain again. Baba just threw paper away and shouted "whaaaat". If you don't know road cant you ask? "What rubbish newspaper am I even reading. grin grin

I just kep saying sorry sir. He had to direct me to his destination. Fare read 4k5.
Funny enough he gave me 5k. That he knows it's the unemployment that is causing all this and its not my fault. grin

24 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 3:35pm On Jan 08, 2020
Elders in the house, help me reason this matter.

I picked a rider this morning around 6am from Chevy View Estate on Chevron drive. He was going to Eko Hotel, mid way through the trip he asked if I stay around, I said Yes.

He wants me to pick him every morning at 6am from his house and 5pm at his office which is beside Eko hotel.

He wants to pay 2500 per day but payment will be monthly which is 50,000.

I am still considering the offer as I don't want to be committed to anybody, I hardly work during the evening rush hour.

P.s I stay at Ajah

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oblozzolawrence: 3:39pm On Jan 08, 2020
calabardick:

Iyami, Iran ke.
Remember that US drone is still hot and hornny.
lolzzz
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 3:55pm On Jan 08, 2020
Babadee1900:

I picked a rider this morning around 6am from Chevy View Estate on Chevron drive. He was going to Eko Hotel, mid way through the trip he asked if I stay around, I said Yes.

He wants me to pick him every morning at 6am from his house and 5pm at his office which is beside Eko hotel.

I am still considering the offer as I don't want to be committed to anybody, I hardly work during the evening rush hour.

P.s I stay at Ajah

Errmm....

1) If you get there by 6am and he isn't ready till almost 7am, what happens?

2) What if you arrive by 5pm, and he doesn't show up till 45 minutes later, what happens?

And why is it #2500 per day?

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 4:04pm On Jan 08, 2020
Babadee1900:

P.s I stay at Ajah
from my view, it can't work, don't crack ur head over nothing. How much is she going to pay a driver with her own car? One of the benefit of this job, is you being able to determine your movement... Now u r constrain to wake 5am and even if you have a sweet trip around 3/30pm, your movement have to hover around island, forgotten you can b at still for 1hrs and be getting 500 naira trips cos you can't leave. Who is going to be responsible for tolls? What happens on days you have to visit the mech? What happens on your rest day? You can give it a try tough, maybe this path may lead to others, but believe me, you r going to do lots of stop over and freebies.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 4:06pm On Jan 08, 2020
izzou:

Errmm....

2) What if you arrive by 5pm, and he doesn't show up till 45 minutes later, what happens?

Good questions.

The fare this morning was 1300, he said since it's an offline trip and I wont be charged commission by bolt that it should be lesser.

About punctuality, he didn't take up to 2 minutes after I called him that I've arrived before he showed up.

Even if I consider the morning trip, I cant do the evening trip.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 4:06pm On Jan 08, 2020
izzou:

Errmm....

The lady is smart, she knew what she paid last month, let her buy a car and employ d service of a driver. Damn! Oven can make a brother have a second tot on a clear issue.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Danester: 4:07pm On Jan 08, 2020
I need help, I have been trying to upload my insurance paper on uber I keep receiving "mismatch across documents " . Please house I need help

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 4:08pm On Jan 08, 2020
pope191:
from my view, it can't work, don't crack ur head over nothing. How much is she going to pay a driver with her own car? One of the benefit of this job, is you being able to determine your movement... Now u r constrain to wake 5am and even if you have a sweet trip around 3/30pm, your movement have to hover around island, forgotten you can b at still for 1hrs and be getting 500 naira trips cos you can't leave. Who is going to be responsible for tolls? What happens on days you have to visit the mech? What happens on your rest day? You can give it a try tough, maybe this path may lead to others, but believe me, you r going to do lots of stop over and freebies.
Thanks for this insight brother. I will decline the offer.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 4:10pm On Jan 08, 2020
Babadee1900:
Good questions.

The fare this morning was 1300, he said since it's an offline trip and I wont be charged commission by bolt that it should be lesser.

About punctuality, he didn't take up to 2 minutes after I called him that I've arrived before he showed up.

Even if I consider the morning trip, I cant do the evening trip.

If your fate was #1300 this morning, then the actual fare was #1100 with commission. #200 for Sanwo-tollgate

You could agree for a weekly pay, to see how it goes. If you no enjoy am,.....Jakpaa

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 4:10pm On Jan 08, 2020
pope191:

The lady is smart, she knew what she paid last month, let her buy a car and employ d service of a driver. Damn! Oven can make a brother have a second tot on a clear issue.
Male ooo. He should be around late 50s cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (2289) (2290) (2291) (2292) (2293) (2294) (2295) ... (5707) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: pope191 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.