Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,709 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2290) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4741589 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2287) (2288) (2289) (2290) (2291) (2292) (2293) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 6:26pm On Jan 07, 2020
AngryIgboMan:
Google maps did not mislead anybody please.

IT HAPPENED TO ME 3 YEARS AGO AND I SAW HELL AT KETU.
Bros, do you still drive? because it seems to me you signed up with Uber almost immediately Uber entered Nigeria, if so, bros you need resign make u give way for newbies like us ooh lolzzz. because I know say you go don finish your house in Lagos or buy house for Lekki self.

Chairman I hail o!!!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tyche(m): 6:28pm On Jan 07, 2020
gunzANDroses:

There you have it! AngyIgboMan is actually Google voice shocked

grin grin grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 6:32pm On Jan 07, 2020
AngryIgboMan:
Google maps did not mislead anybody please.

Drivers always make this mistake.

Listen up!

When your google map says follow signs for maryland, it didnt say you should turn right immediately. Nope.

It means for you to leave the express and enter the service lane. Then continue straight. Infact you will see the sign for Ikorodu on the right and the sign for Maryland in the left.

What you need to do is to take a little diversion to the right, continue straight on the service lane, turn under the bridge to face Ojota, then continue straight to Maryland. As you are going to Maryland, watch out signs for the airport.

DO NOT CONTINUE ON THE EXPRESS BECAUSE IT WILL LEAD YOU STRAIGHT DOWN TO YABA THROUGH THE MARYLAND TUNNEL. STAY ON YOUR RIGHT IMMEDIATELY YOU HIT OJOTA FACING MARYLAND. TAKE THE FIRST EXIT TO YOUR RIGHT ONTO THE SERVICE LANE AND KEEP STRAIGHT FACING OANDO.

Take the next right turn onto Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way. If you continue straight, you will be heading straight up to Palmgrove and Yaba through the service lane. So take a right to Mobolaji Anthony way immediately you climb the service lane. Keep to your right still on Mobolaji Bank anthony way. Take your first major right onto Opebi road. From there, you will connect to Opebi and Opebi link bridge depending on which side of Opebi you are heading to.

As a newbie driver, take this advice serious. Otherwise, you will end up with your RIDER AT IKORODU.

IT HAPPENED TO ME 3 YEARS AGO AND I SAW HELL AT KETU.
Very detailed description. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gunzANDroses: 6:41pm On Jan 07, 2020
@calabardick sorry, don't mean to drag your experience with Stella any longer than necessary. But I have been thinking about the whole scenario and it got me asking. Do you think Stella would have been apologetic if the reverse was actually the case. That is her being your superior?

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 6:49pm On Jan 07, 2020
EaRtHgUy:
Hi guys, being a while. I just acquired this car a few days ago and I want to use it for Uber, Bolt and the rest. Do you think it can do the job?

No oooo, I don't think so.

E-hailing specs is from Tesla model S and its likes.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by EaRtHgUy(m): 6:50pm On Jan 07, 2020
izzou:

Yes, I think it can do the job

I hope it's an i4, and not V6
I think it's v6 o. Is it bad for the biz?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 6:53pm On Jan 07, 2020
EaRtHgUy:
I think it's v6 o. Is it bad for the biz?

The fuel economy would make it bad, not the car

But you can still survive. We always do grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 7:08pm On Jan 07, 2020
pope191:
Please Fam, I'm in state of confusion right now and hope anyone out here will light my path. My car is humming loud once I accelerate above 40, I understand its the hub and I have two mech... Reaching out to the 2 of them and they advice me "Oga we go knack bearing inside", agreed! One said he is going to use tokunbo bearing, the other said he is going to use new bearing and these two people are my Oga, I don't argue with whatever they say, I'll just go home and do my assignment on which voice to follow. Please fam, anyone that have experience on dis, should please help out with the best one to use. Thanks
Tokunbo plssssssss. Unless the new one is OEM, na 1 week 7 days e go last grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 7:10pm On Jan 07, 2020
pope191:

OK boss, the guy already told me the new one won't last beyond 3 weeks.
Once you enter water you go begin hear the ringtone small small. That will be the beginning of the end of the new bearing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 7:11pm On Jan 07, 2020
Mjosh1000:

No sir its not.
It has been checked I even buy another one self, the shri shri sound starts whenever the Ac is on and acceleration is slow like accelerating in traffic
Check your compressor

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 7:15pm On Jan 07, 2020
Babadee1900:
I had a funny experience this morning.. wink

So I picked this lady from Providence Str Lekki, destination was Opebi Ikeja.

While approaching 7up from 3mb, I decided to listen to what Gmap was saying.

"Turn Right at the Fork, follow signs to Maryland" I was looking for the Maryland sign before I know what was happening I was already on s⁷Mile 12 road grin.

Rider had her shade on, eyes fixed on her phone, i was hoping I'd see a turning to go back, didn't see any, the moment I saw 'Welcome To Mile 12 International Market' I turned to rider, excuse me, did you say you were going to Opebi, she said yes. That was when she looked up and shouted Jesus, where is this, she saw the Mile 12 sign by the bridge.

I told her I don't know how it happened, I was just following the map.

Made a U-turn under the bridge, everywhere was Red in the map, her only concern was the extra money she will have to pay. I told her not to worry, I will give her discount.

At the end of the trip, fare was 4000, I collected 3500.

I was just thinking all through the trip, what if this was the annoying girl I picked yesterday night that was just dishing out orders to me, wahala for happen, infact I will chop 1X.

The girl would say: Oga drive like a driver nah, I am hungry drive fast abeg. Why you stop for traffic lights at 12am...etc

I was just looking at her from the rear mirror without giving her a response.
Lolzzzz. Na u drive car reach there abi na car drive u cheesy

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by EzekielMab(m): 7:15pm On Jan 07, 2020
Hello guys, I seriously need your help.

I bought a car since December 8th 2019.

I gave someone 42k for change of ownership , till date I haven't gotten police report and Vehicle license.

Over a month.

Can someone pls link me up with how I can get it.
The man is not to be reckoned on. After wasting 1 month of my time.

Pls I need assistance with vehicle license and Police report
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 7:25pm On Jan 07, 2020
EzekielMab:
Hello guys, I seriously need your help.

I bought a car since December 8th 2019.

I have someone 42k for change of ownership , till date I haven't gotten police report and Vehicle license.

Over a month.

Can someone pls link me up with how I can get it.
The man is not to be reckoned on. After wasting 1 month of my time.

Pls I need assistance with vehicle license and Police report

Just go to Kam Salem House at Obalende. Tell the Officers at the gate what you want to do, they will link you up with a Police Officer who will get it done for you.

Processes are involved Sha. For example, you must bring sales agreement, originals of the old documents and the likes. E be like say you go do Affidavit for Court also.

Also, you go roger Officers small too.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 7:27pm On Jan 07, 2020
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 7:34pm On Jan 07, 2020
izzou:

The fuel economy would make it bad, not the car

But you can still survive. We always do grin

Since the car is his, he will survive with it. Just not good for rental.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 7:35pm On Jan 07, 2020
deedee44:

Lolzzzz. Na u drive car reach there abi na car drive u cheesy
grin grin I was surprised when I saw mile 12, still dont know how it happened cheesy

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emmancecute(m): 7:40pm On Jan 07, 2020
Babadee1900:
grin grin I was surprised when I saw mile 12, still dont know how it happened cheesy
don't just follow the turn sign, follow the distance too. For example, map will show in 200m turn right. Follow the 200m to 0m before turning.

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by leosag: 7:49pm On Jan 07, 2020
elders in d aos, pls i observed that my car (matrix) which i just got for uber husling is showing abs, break, check engine and airbag light. After scanning P0500 error code was discovered. Pls i need your help as i don't kno what to do anymore. I dont mind if u can link me up with any auto electrician/mech who can fix dis problems. I leave at ilasamaja mushin road.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by EzekielMab(m): 7:59pm On Jan 07, 2020
nitigriti:

Just go to Kam Salem House at Obalende. Tell the Officers at the gate what you want to do, they will link you up with a Police Officer who will get it done for you.

Processes are involved Sha. For example, you must bring sales agreement, originals of the old documents and the likes. E be like say you go do Affidavit for Court also.

Also, you go roger Officers small too.

Is this for the 2 documents OR just one?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by confusedworld17: 8:24pm On Jan 07, 2020
Gmap to me is 95 if not 100% accurate. Most guys make mistake and put the blame on Gmap.

I remember my second day on uber...
So this lady was going to agege from VI. Immediately she got into the car, she said to me that she's not feeling fine that hope I don't mind, that she's going to lie down at the back. I said no problem.

I sha found my way out of VI and then TMB. I was enjoying my Gmap with no one directing me. Not untill I got to maryland and there was serious traffic on BankAnthony that very day.

Map begin direct me to continue on ikorodu rd... Na so I put head, after some minutes, map begin dey direct me say... Towards Ibadan. I fear small, IBADAN! abi na me no see well, I sha continue dey drive. The next thing again wey I see na, Continue towards Ibadan.

Nah so I begin sweat inside AC. I come dey fear say, true true this map fit direct person go another state. In fact this map na rubbish.

I come dey think within me say, Shey make I find space pack and wake this woman up and explain to her say I be newbie say map don dey lead us enter ibadan ?

I summon small courage say make I still drive for some minutes first before I go wake this woman up, wether I go see places wey I sabi. Lo and behold, I started seeing places wey I know, I come breath a sigh of relief. Wuuuuu....

Baba, as I drop this woman, I look for one bar go take one green bottle first to cool my temprature.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 8:29pm On Jan 07, 2020
emmancecute:
don't just follow the turn sign, follow the distance too. For example, map will show in 200m turn right. Follow the 200m to 0m before turning.
Alright boss
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 8:48pm On Jan 07, 2020
confusedworld17:
Gmap to me is 95 if not 100% accurate. Most guys make mistake and put the blame on Gmap.

So this lady was going to agege from VI. Immediately she got into the car, she said to me that she's not feeling fine that hope I don't mind, that she's going to lie down at the back. I said no problem.

I sha found my way out of VI and then TMB. I was enjoying my Gmap with no one directing me. Not untill I got to maryland and there was serious traffic on BankAnthony that very day.

Map begin direct me to continue on ikorodu rd... Na so I put head, after some minutes, map begin dey direct me say... Towards Ibadan. I fear small, IBADAN! abi na me no see well, I sha continue dey drive. The next thing again wey I see na, Continue towards Ibadan.

Nah so I begin sweat inside AC. I come dey fear say, true true this map fit direct person go another state. In fact this map na rubbish.

I come dey think within me say, Shey make I find space pack and wake this woman up and explain to her say I be newbie say map don dey lead us enter ibadan ?

I summon small courage say make I still drive for some minutes first before I go wake this woman up, wether I go see places wey I sabi. Lo and behold, I started seeing places wey I know, I come breath a sigh of relief. Wuuuuu....

Baba, as I drop this woman, I look for one bar go take one green bottle first to cool my temprature.
Google map that will take you to the closest street to your destination and tell you, you have arrived. cheesy.. That thing can be annoying.

I have several experiences with this.

Few nights ago, around 3am, picked a lady from Parktonian hotel around Ikate, she had MidnightLife or so in her destination, it was supposed to be somewhere inside lekki, she doesn't know the place neither do I. We followed the map, then we arrived at one beautiful house inside Lekki Phase 1 and the Google Voice said ' You've Arrived '...Arrived where? Does this house look like an eatery to you grin.

The girl was frustrated and very hungry, had to take her to The Place on Admiralty, she was lucky to get food.

Another Experience: Yesterday evening I did an offline trip from Sangotedo to Cyrstal Court, Lekki. When I got to where the map says you have arrived, it doesn't look anything like a hotel, at first I thought it was the usual thing with Hotels in lekki where they don't use signboard, someone will just buy a house and convert it into a hotel. It wasn't the case as I checked Hotels.ng for likely pictures of the hotel, what I saw was completely different from where the map took me to.

I had to ask someone around who directed me, it was the next street.

There's more....

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 8:57pm On Jan 07, 2020
Babadee1900:
It’s normal my guy don’t be surprise it has happened to me before too, me I even turned entered ketu hovering about like a lost ship inside an ocean, las las I decided to go turn at the mile 12 under bridge. Trip was from falomo to off bank Anthony way and it ended with about 4K+, UberX card trip.
Rider didn’t show any sign of worry only for me to get a fare adjustment notification the next day to 1900+. Two days after thinking about the unjust adjustment me to reported the trip requested for preview and fate was re adjusted to 3500+.

So don’t feel bad about it it’s normal to miss some turn sometimes especially when you’re not conversant with the area.

Another one was also was from ikoyi to somewhere around yaba tech. The night Xperience was held. A lady rider with bolt from Total building or there about, she just closed from work t about 12mid night I wonder what a married woman was still doing at the office at that hr of the day. Anyways, no my biz, after all if they’re not out late how guyman go take c food chop na.

Accended d 3MB bridge, map carried me through oshodi apapa exp road and then through the ikorodu road. Trip was a card trip na watin save me be that. When madam raised her head from the view of her phone na Anthony she see herself. I got the insult of my life that night. I believe madam must have regretted why she added her card that day.

I missed the turn on 3MB unknowingly but with the way she insulted me I refused to tender any apology. I only told her good night.

These things happens especially when you’re new and don’t really know your way around because you’re eyes on the road and at d same time also on your Gmap.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 8:59pm On Jan 07, 2020
emmancecute:
Very very key... since I discovered this technique I’ve never missed a single turn
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 9:04pm On Jan 07, 2020
Felicity001:

It’s normal my guy don’t be surprise it has happened to me before too, me I even turned entered ketu hovering about like a lost ship inside an ocean, las las I decided to go turn at the mile 12 under bridge. Trip was from falomo to off bank Anthony way and it ended with about 4K+, UberX card trip.
Rider didn’t show any sign of worry only for me to get a fare adjustment notification the next day to 1900+. Two days after thinking about the unjust adjustment me to reported the trip requested for preview and fate was re adjusted to 3500+.

So don’t feel bad about it it’s normal to miss some turn sometimes especially when you’re not conversant with the area.

Another one was also was from ikoyi to somewhere around yaba tech. The night Xperience was held. A lady rider with bolt from Total building or there about, she just closed from work t about 12mid night I wonder what a married woman was still doing at the office at that hr of the day. Anyways, no my biz, after all if they’re not out late how guyman go take c food chop na.

Accended d 3MB bridge, map carried me through oshodi apapa exp road and then through the ikorodu road. Trip was a card trip na watin save me be that. When madam raised her head from the view of her phone na Anthony she see herself. I got the insult of my life that night. I believe madam must have regretted why she added her card that day.

I missed the turn on 3MB unknowingly but with the way she insulted me I refused to tender any apology. I only told her good night.

These things happens especially when you’re new and don’t really know your way around because you’re eyes on the road and at d same time also on your Gmap.
There's more turning to be missed. Brace up
Lol

Las Las everybody will find their way home like someone said earlier.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 9:17pm On Jan 07, 2020
Babadee1900:
Google map that will take you to the closest street to your destination and tell you, you have arrived. cheesy.. That thing can be annoying.

Few nights ago, around 3am, picked a lady from Parktonian hotel around Ikate, she had MidnightLife or so in her destination, it was supposed to be somewhere inside lekki, she doesn't know the place neither do I. We followed the map, then we arrived at one beautiful house inside Lekki Phase 1 and the Google Voice said ' You've Arrived '...Arrived where? Does this house look like an eatery to you grin.

The girl was frustrated and very hungry, had to take her to The Place on Admiralty, she was lucky to get food.

Another Experience: Yesterday evening I did an offline trip from Sangotedo to Cyrstal Court, Lekki. When I got to where the map says you have arrived, it doesn't look anything like a hotel, at first I thought it was the usual thing with Hotels in lekki where they don't use signboard, someone will just buy a house and convert it into a hotel. It wasn't the case as I checked Hotels.ng for likely pictures of the hotel, what I saw was completely different from where the map took me to.

There's more....
Lol... no I disagree with u a little. Google map is correct to at least a default. Though it has some down sides. Maybe your phone GPS is the problem.

I use an iOS and 95% of all the location I’ve used it on are correct with will even tell you where your destination building is on the street either on the right or left.

But it has it down side which I can mention only a few.

1) the map won’t see a flooded road abandoned by motorists
2) it won’t see a road under construction
3) it won’t tell you a street that is close at night due to security reasons
4) it won’t show you if the street is block by either an obstacle or party celebration
5) the Gmap doesn’t capture a road or street that is not usually used by motorists but rather captures the most popular street not until you make a turn to that direction due to traffic congestion on the popular route then it reroutes showing you alternative routes

These are some of the down sides I have noticed that needs to be worked on

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by confusedworld17: 9:18pm On Jan 07, 2020
Babadee1900:

There's more....

See ehn... Sometimes, riders will input the wrong address or incomplete address and expect gmap to do the magic.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 9:25pm On Jan 07, 2020
EasyPeazy:

Update on this.

All thanks to google, I was able to find out that one of my coils was damaged.

Guys, oyibo people are too much oo. I saw a video where a white mechanic was saying I should be removing all the coils one by one. If the engine should not change in sound as I removed any... Then that one is bad!

I did and voila... one of them did not make the engine change sound as I unplugged it. Straight to Jakande I went and bought a tokumboh coil for 4,000 naira only. I followed the instruction on the video and changed it well. I swear to God that my car is now in top shape again grin grin grin

This was something my Mechanic billed me 10k to do undecided undecided undecided

There is no big deal I swear. Just use a bolt screw and unlock the engine cover. Its pretty easy.

When I was done, I noticed that the check engine light was still showing. I went back to that mechanic and he said that I should pay 4,000 to scan and wipe it undecided undecided undecided

I googled again and the white man in a video said I should disconnect one of the battery terminal and plug it back in after 5 minutes. I folllowed it again and voila.... Check engine light is gone grin grin grin

God bless White people grin grin grin

Google For President grin grin grin grin

ROFL! So you're saying it was easy peasy? Congrats wink

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gunzANDroses: 9:35pm On Jan 07, 2020
confusedworld17:

Funny. Guy you cracked me up. Personal opinion: I think gmap is always almost correct. The only issue I have with it is that it can navigate you through bad road of which I don't blame the poor thing since there is no feature that says "turn on avoid bad roads", like it does with toll gates. If only someone can sell that feature to google map as a plug-in.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 10:32pm On Jan 07, 2020
Felicity001:

Hahaha...

Your only offense is, you allowed Stella charm you gringrin
But you know, that’s to tell how small the world is and how deadly women are. They exercise too much authority when they have it.

No b so I carry one lady and her bf on a short trip within Lekki the both of them sat in the back seat. Getting to destination babe was just ordering me around asking that I park facing the entrance gate to her house in which I’d already parked very close to the little entrance gate. If I’d to park the way she wanted me to I would do several turning and reversing.

“Oga didn’t you hear me? I said park facing the gate as if you where going in.”
Her bf then interrupted, “it’s ok this way.” Guy man don already open door ready to come down.
Guyman then apologize for the rude behavior of the gf
Me, in a cool voice: “it’s fine bro I’m used to it”.
The girl immediately like another spirit entered her, she started begging me, I told her it’s ok.

About 5min after I left she still called me apologizing saying the way I responded to the bf with my words she felt sad in her heart. “It’s ok”. Ended call.

So sometimes like someone said the monthly cramps can make a woman’s mood to swing.

Women are like a series movie, they exhibit different characters in every session and chapter
grin grin grin. The guy man apologize for d girl rudeness,, guy man don know say em girl get character flaw,,he go begin light oven till any day e wan marry,him go find another serious babe

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 10:35pm On Jan 07, 2020
Google maps that carried me to the sea on 2 different occasions.

Google maps can be mad sometimes.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oblozzolawrence: 10:59pm On Jan 07, 2020
Hit me up asap for this clean big daddy.
In fact over clean dy worry em.
Everything working fine.
A.C mortuary standard.

Bring ur babalawo sorry I mean ur kazeem, sorry ur mechanical engineer or technician make dem come inspect.
Location is abuja

Just buy and drive to Iran��

Papers intact

Owner needs cash to solve some financial crisis

Price...1.2m pere

WhatsApp 08145.9097.32....or call zero nine zero 2959.3459.

Price is slightly narrowly negotiable.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2287) (2288) (2289) (2290) (2291) (2292) (2293) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.