Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,942 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2325) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4747272 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2322) (2323) (2324) (2325) (2326) (2327) (2328) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 6:08pm On Jan 17, 2020
Gentlelife50:

And the worst part is they will still not pay the owner promptly, maybe after seeing wniiii in the hands of the drivers the owner puts it up for sale.
Few months old corolla for sale, buy and drive everything working fine. While the car is gone
undecided

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 6:11pm On Jan 17, 2020
pope191:

Fear Uche nd d gang... See as e frosh unpon hot sun, no sleep grin

Sometimes, I feel these stories are cooked

How can someone be doing 15 trips consecutively for 31 days.

Dem no service car?
Him no dey sleep?
Him no get life outside him steering?

But then, we live in an Audio world grin

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:14pm On Jan 17, 2020
tojahh:

What of me? we no get talk? cry

Aunty Sandra deh call u, e say make u come light oven grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:16pm On Jan 17, 2020
Gentlelife50:

You're very correct my brother, unless there is no other business.
I mean investing roughly 2 million in Uber which may never come back in one piece, then Uche and his cohorts will be using me to enrich themselves.
Or maybe at end drivers give me stories in return when the car is gone, like I said before I always discouraged anybody that ask me about the business.
But then if the person insists who am I to stop him?
The way the system is only few people can survive and make something out of it, just try and be among the few sha.
grin
As for Babadee, he is yet to explain how he does it everyday.

I'm waiting for babadee, since morning all I've seen is 10200, no toll, no transfer.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:19pm On Jan 17, 2020
Babadee1900:
5 - 7k.

5k - driver
2.5k - feul
1.8k - bolt commission

That's roughly 10k boss... How? When? And where?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:22pm On Jan 17, 2020
tojahh:

Actually used by a banker grin

Owner got another car
Owner is upgrading
Owner bought it for his wife but she won't use it
Owner is relocating

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 3ace(m): 6:42pm On Jan 17, 2020
PuZZyNegro:

Please, has anyone used the service of Owolabi5 here. I just got a tokumbo car that I want to register.

Also, what's the current rate for registering car in Lagos
He's straightforward and cool-headed. We have been dealing for three years.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 6:53pm On Jan 17, 2020
pope191:

Aunty Sandra deh call u, e say make u come light oven grin

No cast me na... My inlaw dey here

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 6:56pm On Jan 17, 2020
PuZZyNegro:

Please, has anyone used the service of Owolabi5 here. I just got a tokumbo car that I want to register.

Also, what's the current rate for registering car in Lagos

No fear... Baba is one of the best in total honesty and transparency. At least I have had dealings with him twice.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by topsydee007: 7:52pm On Jan 17, 2020
Make I share my little experience today.

I drive in Abuja.

Got a request. ..call came in...sweet voice.

Rider: I'm in jabi park where they enter ado ekiti bus.
Me : ok on my way.

Few minutes later

Rider : do u speak Yoruba
Me : yes
Rider : I will call u back soon, pretend to be my dad and tell the garage guys that I'm not going again today ..please be strict on the phone
Me : hmmmm... Ok ..

A minute later someone called me from the garage

Unknown person: ( speaking Yoruba now) are u the one that just dropped her off at the park and paid for the fare?

Me: yes. She's not going today again, forget the money ..let her leave there ( in harsh tone)

Unknown person: we cannot allow her to go until u have come in person to pick her up cos we have a similar case in the police station.

Unknown person narrating now: ...he said ..last week, a father dropped her daughter in the garage and paid for the fair, after the father left the daughter claimed she wasn't going again and left ... following day the father came claiming his daughter is no where to be found both at the destination and at home, the father then claimed they kidnapped the girl cos the girl is still missing.

Me : at this point ...I couldn't say a word..

I just kukuma cancel trip before they will say I be kidnapper.

Things dey happen.

My thought.

Maybe the girl want to go for dic.k baptism and didn't know how to leave home cos if she was truly going back home why didn't she call her father.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by PuZZyNegro: 8:35pm On Jan 17, 2020
tojahh:

No fear... Baba is one of the best in total honesty and transparency. At least I have had dealings with him twice.

This is more than a vouch, nice one

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by PuZZyNegro: 8:36pm On Jan 17, 2020
3ace:
He's straightforward and cool-headed. We have been dealing for three years.

Thanks for your input. I'm convinced
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stephenwa(m): 8:47pm On Jan 17, 2020
07033775241...u can drop ur contact and we can talk better...I station at I solo..
oride:
Good day everyone.

Offline trip to Abeokuta on Tuesday, 21st January.
Have to be there by 2pm. Meeting will last till 4.30pm, then we return back to Lagos.

Pick up point: Ago Palace road.

Please quote me with price and contact details.

Peace.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 8:53pm On Jan 17, 2020
3ace:
Morning madam. I am currently having similar issue with skolex. AC guy suspected a weak compressor but suggested I flush the condenser first. Condenser flushed with no result. From my research, nobody memtioned a weak compressor as the culprit. Out of the numerous causes I read, I am thinking of going the easiest way first(low refrigerant) by topping up the refrigerant. An experienced youtube mechanic said after a prolonged AC use, it's normal for the system to loose some refrigerant via the rubber seal at the compressor shaft so that the shaft can be lubricated otherwise, the seal will burn out. Hence my decision to add a little refrigerant first and see what happens.
Additional details;
Pix 1- Pressure measurement in the system while operating was about 31psi. Same youtube mechanic suggested pressure to be between 30-40psi. Another DIY youtube enthusiast suggested 45-55psi. I don't know whether to push it to 35psi or 50psi.

pix 2. Temperature from air vent in a hot sunny afternoon when car was stationary.

pix 3. Temperature from air vent in the evening when weather was a bit cool and car also stationery.
Note: AC cools when car is moving even in hot weather.

pix 4. Condenser looks rough on the surface. The rough portion might be slightly blocked inside. Should I consider replacing it later even if adding refrigerant solves the problem?
Thank you.

Pretty detailed but missing one key piece of information... What kind of car do you drive??

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 8:55pm On Jan 17, 2020
AngryIgboMan:
Do you know why you will see huge money on your dashboard but can't even say where the money is... O yes. I WILL TELL YOU. Its not REAL MAGIC BUT WHAT I CALL BOLT MAGIC! I will explain. Its not even hard.

BOLT being a criminal Enterprise has this very mind games and psychological warfare they PLAY on drivers to get them to work even though they know in reality that they are DOING NOTHING AND MAKING NOTHING.

Bolt adds up everything and shows to you. There Money, Your Money, Promos given to riders, Toll gate fares etc.

Lets assume as a driver that after the days work you are seeing 20 thousand naira on your dashboard. Technically you have not made any money for the day oo. You are just another IDDIOT working for others every other day. Its even worse when you are driving for someone. I pity you then if you make only 10k or 13k on dashboard and smiling sheepishly that your hard work is paying off. Let me explain.

If you want to make 20 thousand daily on ehailing, you need at least 6k fuel to do that. This is a hard fact. If you are paying car owner 30k a week, that means you owe him or her 5k everyday thats if you drive for 6 days oo. But if you drive 5 days... Lol. You owe car owner 6k everyday. Bolt 20% commission inside 20k is 4,000. If you use car wash, thats 500 naira. There is no way you drive to make 20k and still be able to lift a finger to wash car the next day unless you are an animal.

You will also 6k fuel for the next day hustle if you are targetting 20k again. Yes. You have to add it because there is no way 6k fuel of yesterday will last you till the next day after making 20k the previous day. Toll gates maybe 500 to 1k. I said maybe. You will need at least minimum of 1k to feed if you dont eat at home. Even if you eat at home, most drivers I know are always eating like people fighting a war. Always throwing down sharp sharp food down there throath. Haba.... undecided undecided Plantain chips, Kilishi, Soft drinks, Gala, African Salad, Ponmo, Buns, Egg Roll, Mai Mai etc. Thats why if they mess, the bomb no be here sad sad sad

Anyway I don't blame them. Driving burns energy and that means you need food always to replenish lost energy.

So lets add everything together and see how Uche the criminal is making you move Lagos abi Awkuzu smiley smiley smiley

.[/b]
I'm sure the 7 people who liked this post are lazy drivers who do not wish to fulfill their rental agreement,,
baba go sleep inorder to wake early and turn on your bolt app as usual wink wink wink

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Prince3(m): 9:07pm On Jan 17, 2020
franksam2009:
I'm sure the 7 people who liked this post are lazy drivers who do not wish to fulfill their rental agreement,,
baba go sleep inorder to wake early and turn on your bolt app as usual wink wink wink
I concur bro... I hate this discouragements upandan. Why people in other group are busy giving testimonies... Tojahh for example got his next step of livelihood through this job and other people too, but that's not my concern. To me driving is like fun. And I don't see it as full time job. So no matter how people paints it negative, I won't listen. So many people on here became car owner through 30k weekly remittance for 2years or less. Mtcheew. Abeg, please peeps let's not be discouraged by the negative post except those that wants to become full time Uber drivers... I am open for tatrums.

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:12pm On Jan 17, 2020
topsydee007:

I drive in Abuja.

Few minutes later

Rider : I will call u back soon, pretend to be my dad and tell the garage guys that I'm not going again today ..please be strict on the phone

Unknown person: ( speaking Yoruba now) are u the one that just dropped her off at the park and paid for the fare?

Me: yes. She's not going today again, forget the money ..let her leave there ( in harsh tone)

Unknown person: we cannot allow her to go until u have come in person to pick her up cos we have a similar case in the police station.

Unknown person narrating now: ...he said ..last week, a father dropped her daughter in the garage and paid for the fair, after the father left the daughter claimed she wasn't going again and left ... following day the father came claiming his daughter is no where to be found both at the destination and at home, the father then claimed they kidnapped the girl cos the girl is still missing.

Things dey happen.

My thought.

Maybe the girl want to go for dic.k baptism and didn't know how to leave home cos if she was truly going back home why didn't she call her father.

Thanks for sharing

God go continue to save us sha

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 9:20pm On Jan 17, 2020
topsydee007:

I drive in Abuja.

Few minutes later

Things dey happen.

My thought.

Man of the week!

These girls aren't loyal o. She might deny you if you can't explain yourself further. Besides that jabi park, them dey organize pass UBA bank.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by topsydee007: 9:26pm On Jan 17, 2020
tojahh:

Man of the week!

These girls aren't loyal o. She might deny you if you can't explain yourself further. Besides that jabi park, them dey organize pass UBA bank.

Baba na money I dey find no be trouble especially agbero trouble ..I fear them die

Funny thing is that I was inside jabi park while we were calling each other....just found somewhere hide before Dem gather me.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stephenwa(m): 9:43pm On Jan 17, 2020
25K...
With Camry
oride:
Good day everyone.

Offline trip to Abeokuta on Tuesday, 21st January.
Have to be there by 2pm. Meeting will last till 4.30pm, then we return back to Lagos.

Pick up point: Ago Palace road.

Please quote me with price and contact details.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 10:49pm On Jan 17, 2020
grin
pope191:

I'm waiting for babadee, since morning all I've seen is 10200, no toll, no transfer.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 12:47am On Jan 18, 2020
Prince3:

And how is that my business but one u should know "you are of no importance to even ur family" you are a disgrace to father's in general.
I might not be of any importance to you but know it, my post alone is a threat to u and that alone proves alot to me. Animal. As old as you claim, all u know best is to banter word with a little kid, infact your mumu the smell. I wish I could see you in person to see how stupid u look. Street Buffon like u. Pls old man, bring it on.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 3ace(m): 4:57am On Jan 18, 2020
radautoworks:

Pretty detailed but missing one key piece of information... What kind of car do you drive??
Oh sorry, 2007 corolla.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 7:38am On Jan 18, 2020
Gbas gbos everywhere...

Make I enter road today hustle...I'm feeling good I'm feeling fresh!

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by noblealuu: 7:46am On Jan 18, 2020
Prince3:

I concur bro... I hate this discouragements upandan. Why people in other group are busy giving testimonies... Tojahh for example got his next step of livelihood through this job and other people too, but that's not my concern. To me driving is like fun. And I don't see it as full time job. So no matter how people paints it negative, I won't listen. So many people on here became car owner through 30k weekly remittance for 2years or less. Mtcheew. Abeg, please peeps let's not be discouraged by the negative post except those that wants to become full time Uber drivers... I am open for tatrums.

There's no job without its associated hazards and hassles. E-hailing drivers should see this venture as a means to an end and not a Deathtrap/dead end.

There's is no easy way out in life other than hustling and bustling. Life has never been a bed of roses. No one should be discouraged, keep pushing and planning despite the downtimes.

I'm joining you guys in a couple of months as side hustle esp weekend.

Pls how much should I budget for good Naija-used Toyota Camry 2003-2005? I know toks is the best bet, I don't have dough for Toks. Just wanna be using it to set destination from Onipanu to Ikoyi/V.I. en route work (some days) coz my office is at Ikoyi and I can resume work by 9am and we close by 4pm most days.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:45am On Jan 18, 2020
mrjaydee:
Gbas gbos everywhere...

Make I enter road today hustle...I'm feeling good I'm feeling fresh!

Boss! Boss!! Hustle abi beat person? grin is Tojahh still here? Anyway, avoid Berger, d trap dia can catch lion.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gunzANDroses: 9:00am On Jan 18, 2020
noblealuu:

There's no job without its associated hazards and hassles. E-hailing drivers should see this venture as a means to an end and not a Deathtrap.

There's is no easy way out in life other than hustling and bustling. Life has never been a bed of roses. No one should be discouraged, keep pushing and planning despite the downtimes.

The hustle is what it is. I only feel for those on HP or rental because to break even is almost not easy but with a positive mind things can most definitely turn around.

@Angryigboman I don't know why you are so bittered? I have seen people in far worse situation than what most of us have found ourselves, yet they manage to squeeze out a smile every single day regardless.

Tojah and mrjaydee are both examples of what this hustle can give to you if you have a positive mindset and approach it with gratefulness.

Several pages back, a guy here narrated how his pal paid his tuition in Italy from this hustle and now he's off to Italy. Need I also mention another colleague in the hustle who has started a farm project...

@AngryIgboMan you always look out for the worst in this business forgetting that it also has its positives. In life we can't always have our cake and eat it but we can always try to come round no matter what the challenge.

@AngryIgboMan I am not going to take the part of those who would say if the hustle no pay you then quit! All I am going to say is approach each day as it comes with a thankful heart...you are what you think.

The other day I was at Ikotun to get something from the market, as I squeezed my way through the crowd, just by the corner of the road, sat a woman, crippled. Main looking at her you could tell she relied on the support of a helper to do the basics. Where she sat if she needed to take a leak she would probably do it on herself. If she needed to move, she did it on her stomach. But as I walked past her something remarkable happened. Even in that mentally and physically painful condition this woman could still manage to smile and laugh. I could only but wonder where the motivation for that joy came from.

I guess that day she taught me something which is:

take each day as it comes and find a way to make yourself happy.

regardless of whatever situation you find yourself there is certainly someone out there that is even worse off

smile and laugh, its free! there is no uber/bolt commission for this

I believe in the power of thoughts. I believe in the abundance of the universe. Uber and bolt may not give you your heart desire but through uber and bolt the universe can use you to write a remarkable story.

So to everyone today: "approach with a positive and a thankful heart".

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 9:15am On Jan 18, 2020
pope191:

Boss! Boss!! Hustle abi beat person? grin is Tojahh still here? Anyway, avoid Berger, d trap dia can catch lion.

Pope grin I on both apps for almost an hour now... no requests?

Going to the gym.. go hustle later in the evening

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Prince3(m): 9:19am On Jan 18, 2020
[quote author=1daboi post=85886532][/quote]
Old man. Was that all you got left? Hahaha. Jobless fool.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Prince3(m): 9:22am On Jan 18, 2020
[quote author=1daboi post=85886532][/quote]
Old man, Was that all u got left? Trash, which Is what u are.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:28am On Jan 18, 2020
noblealuu:

There's no job without its associated hazards and hassles. E-hailing drivers should see this venture as a means to an end and not a Deathtrap/dead end.

Pls how much should I budget for good Naija-used Toyota Camry 2003-2005? I know toks is the best bet, I don't have dough for Toks. Just wanna be using it to set destination from Onipanu to Ikoyi/V.I. en route work (some days) coz my office is at Ikoyi and I can resume work by 9am and we close by 4pm most days.

My brother during the Xmas season drivers were making money and laughing to the bank.. The ones laughing to the bank , I encourage them to save for raining day .. The raining day which is also called "winter" I had to ask them if it dey snow for naija now, you know all these talk about global warming.. So it was explain to it means slow season... The winter season does not mean you will not make money.. It means you will not make as much ,between it will start to pick up January ending to early February.. This is when salaries will be paid towards month end.. Business is usually slow for a lot of business this time. So the ones that prepared themselves in advance are the ones that are not complaining.. But the ones that fail to prepare, you know how the story goes....
So in all essence learn from others as you start soon .

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:45am On Jan 18, 2020
gunzANDroses:

The hustle is what it is. I only feel for those on HP or rental because to break even is almost not easy but with a positive mind things can most definitely turn around.

@Angryigboman I don't know why you are so bittered? I have seen people in far worse situation than what most of us have found ourselves, yet they manage to squeeze out a smile every single day regardless.

Tojah and mrjaydee are both examples of what this hustle can give to you if you have a positive mindset and approach it with gratefulness.

Several pages back, a guy here narrated how his pal paid his tuition in Italy from this hustle and now he's off to Italy. Need I also mention another colleague in the hustle who has started a farm project...

@AngryIgboMan you always look out for the worst in this business forgetting that it also has its positives. In life we can't always have our cake and eat it but we can always try to come round no matter what the challenge.

@AngryIgboMan I am not going to take the part of those who would say if the hustle no pay you then quit! All I am going to say is approach each day as it comes with a thankful heart...you are what you think.

The other day I was at Ikotun to get something from the market, as I squeezed my way through the crowd, just by the corner of the road, sat a woman, crippled. Main looking at her you could tell she relied on the support of a helper to do the basics. Where she sat if she needed to take a leak she would probably do it on herself. If she needed to move, she did it on her stomach. But as I walked past her something remarkable happened. Even in that mentally and physically painful condition this woman could still manage to smile and laugh. I could only but wonder where the motivation for that joy came from.

I guess that day she taught me something which is:

take each day as it comes and find a way to make yourself happy.

regardless of whatever situation you find yourself there is certainly someone out there that is even worse off

smile and laugh, its free! there is no uber/bolt commission for this

I believe in the power of thoughts. I believe in the abundance of the universe. Uber and bolt may not give you your heart desire but through uber and bolt the universe can use you to write a remarkable story.

So to everyone today: "approach with a positive and a thankful heart".

When they were raking money during the Xmas season, you didnt advice them to save.. The job wasn't hard than abi. My brother the truth of the matter is that a lot of them either didn't save at the high peak period , or save than spend all their money . I can recall people were happy Ocar came and change the game. Some drivers were making 20k naira a day..... This is January period we are in now. Everyone lavish their money celebrating Xmas season going to the village and showing off to the villagers .. People will not get paid to end of January and things will pick up.. This is not a matter of praying or positive thinking or matter of some sort of famine going on like as if the economy of the country is crashing..
This is what happens when we fail to plan ahead.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2322) (2323) (2324) (2325) (2326) (2327) (2328) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Djdamian(m), Itsrm(m), donfortune48(m), pope191, northbird

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.