Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4743041 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2332) (2333) (2334) (2335) (2336) (2337) (2338) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 1:01pm On Jan 22, 2020
mymotong:
Drivers Needed:

3 units of Toyota Camry 2006 for weekly rental.

WhatsApp: 09032614208 for terms and conditions..

Which one is 3units again??! Na duplet?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Parlee(m): 1:03pm On Jan 22, 2020
BOLT has to be the most fraudulent e hailing business in the country, dont even intend on going into further explanation you are free to think what you want. Uber is way better than any other e hailing app only messed up thing is they are exploiting the drivers with cheap fares hence cheap labour. Dont even understand why drivers here waste their time with any of their fraudulent campaigns abi is it their fraudulent rating system.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 1:04pm On Jan 22, 2020
Don't know if anyone has posted traffic report on mainland here. But the fallen tanker on Ojulelegba/ikorodu road still there.
Avoid it else u will sleep there

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by skillip(m): 2:01pm On Jan 22, 2020
BAZ001:
Don't know if anyone has posted traffic report on mainland here. But the fallen tanker on Ojulelegba/ikorodu road still there.
Thank you very much for this info, on my way from Herbert Macaulay way I could see some guys offloading stuffs on the bridge from one truck to the other.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by blissbliss: 2:10pm On Jan 22, 2020
northbird:
Seniors, good morning.

Please who has an idea of the current price of 05/06 Toyota corolla headlamp ( left side/ driver's).

I need it. Asap. Biko.
China: 12k
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 3:28pm On Jan 22, 2020
BAZ001:

Saw it this morning on my way to VI I though it would have been cleared before evening and now it's approaching closing hour and its still there, we don't have a government in this country everybody just dey do em own, if u like itself avoid that axis today.

Don't take any trip from the island going to surulere and environs, if u do OYO is your case

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gunzANDroses: 4:03pm On Jan 22, 2020
tojahh:

We the good people of Sagbama in Bayelsa State are interested in what kept you away grin

Tombra. I hail.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gunzANDroses: 4:21pm On Jan 22, 2020
IFSHR:

God bless you bro..

You are so on point...

Thanks ...I have called my guarantor and their advice is closely to what you advised...Thanks

Sorry bro, except I am missing out on a valid reason here why you still want to continue with the HP, is it because of your down payment.?

Look, you have a new job ahead of you that obviously you do not know yet its challenges. My advice is concentrate on your job and don't go and sign an agreement that will keep your mind divided. A job with an official car is a job I want to assume is with a good pay. For your wife to advice that in 10months you can buy your own if you so choose means its a job with good pay.

I just hope at the end it won't lead towards the path where lawyers and courts would be involved, my advice, just try to appeal to her human side. But whatever you do let go of the car even if it requires loosing the down payment! Like tojjah said "count your blessings".

Concentrate on your job!!!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by DonJoeSneh(m): 4:24pm On Jan 22, 2020
Felicity0001:

In addition, use this strategy, inform all your guarantors and make an appointments with them on when to go see the woman. Go along with your official car, you drive HP car while someone else drives your official call. Dont take your wife along even if she's one of your guarantors she could personalize and blow off, you know she's boiling inside already. Inform your guarantors of your decisions and make them understand to respect the agreement and everybody's decision come what may.

Lastly, dont approach her with the mindset of "begging", its business so approach it professionally BUT only make an appeal for her to shift grounds on some clause highlighting to her. Then counter sign to the new agreement.

Remember official vehicles are never yours, so try make your wife see reasons y you guys need to continue with the HP with a balance that wont affect you financially. I once had a job with two official vehicles but today its no more and I'd to sell of my car due to high cost of maintenance. So be wise in your decision making.

Also, suggest to the woman to reduce the weekly remittance to maybe 20k, see how your new job is for a month then you would know if you can still be doing weekends hustle with the car instead of giving it out to somebody for rental. Mind you, the car is on HP and if your new driver recks it accidentally you've the cost to pay.

May God give you wisdom my brother

You guys are not putting the woman into consideration, have you forgotten that after four months usage on Naija roads...the car don lose value aiidy.....The matter be somehow sha.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by busayo2uk: 4:26pm On Jan 22, 2020
Take the option of paying from your salary. When you acquire the car, it becomes your own, which is different from the one given to you by the new job.

After full payment, you can give it out on Rentals. This gives u additional income you lost while you were paying for the vehicle.

At the same time, you may return the car but note that you do not have your own car yet except you can tell me that it will be easy for you to save to buy yours within the same period becus once you no longer work with the new company, you will becom carless.

IFSHR:
Good morning my people.

I am in a little delima and will appreciate some advice. I am conversant on this thread but not with this current profile. I had to use a different profile.

I was out of job since last year march (I resigned due to harsh working condition and the place becoming toxic), so to keep body and soul together and my little family, I opted to drive for Uber/taxify, I did the registration and training but had no car forthcoming after several tries.

I posted here about wanting a car for hire purchase and I got one from someone on this thread by October (reason for me using a new profile, though I don't know the person's profile but since she picked my number from here, I guess she must be following this thread) but on the agreement that I make a down payment which I paid and I have never failed any of my remittance, so currently I have like 15 month to pay and be the owner of the car.

I stopped applying for job just to face the hustle as I had plans to start up my own little professional business, but there was this job I applied for before I got my last job, I had already meet with the CEO of the company but I didn't get a call back from them, so I just blanked it.

But I got a call from the CEO himself last week asking if am still available which I responded in the affirmative and to cut the long story I got a juicy offer and it came with an official car.

I am yet to explain anything to the madam that gave me the car on hirepurchase, I believe I must be honest with her because the contract is her own hustle as well, but I may not be able to meet up paying her weekly but I can still pay her monthly but that will be from my monthly salary (this is an option my wife frown at, her reason being that 10month of such money can get me that same car, why pay it for 15month)

The second option is to give out the car to someone else while the person remit to me and I remit to the woman (but the clause is that when I signed the contract, one of the term is I must not sub contract the car to another person, as the wan has right to get back the car if she discover such). To correct that I am thinking of meeting the woman and explain things to her ,so I can sub-contract the car, but you know Some Nigerians can be funny she may agree now just to come back later and trigger the aforementioned term.

My people I will welcome any advice...thanks and God bless

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 4:31pm On Jan 22, 2020
Rubbiish:

U people are funny
Was this stated in the agreement?
From where will the partner get the money from?
Money wey she don use?
You can only be saying all these if the partner is the one about defaulting by taking the car back, but in this case op is the one about to default.

@

Its a pity no one is considering the woman.

The same people advising him to plead for part of his deposit, will be the same people that will advise a driver not to take a Naija used car on HP. grin

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gunzANDroses: 4:32pm On Jan 22, 2020
Rubbiish:

U people are funny
Was this stated in the agreement?
From where will the partner get the money from?
Money wey she don use?
You can only be saying all these if the partner is the one about defaulting by taking the car back, but in this case op is the one about to default.

@ IFSHR just follow izzou advice

Even if she has used the money, if she truly wants to refund part of the money she still can. All she needs to do is look for someone else to take the car on HP.

The point here is the guy has got life, he's got a good job so if she refuses to refund no qualms. 30days before the first pay check is not 40yrs in the wilderness.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gunzANDroses: 4:35pm On Jan 22, 2020
Parlee:
BOLT has to be the most fraudulent e hailing business in the country, dont even intend on going into further explanation you are free to think what you want. Uber is way better than any other e hailing app only messed up thing is they are exploiting the drivers with cheap fares hence cheap labour. Dont even understand why drivers here waste their time with any of their fraudulent campaigns abi is it their fraudulent rating system.

Another lazy youth.gringrin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 5:04pm On Jan 22, 2020
IFSHR:
Good morning my people.

I am in a little delima and will appreciate some advice. I am conversant on this thread but not with this current profile. I had to use a different profile.

I was out of job since last year march (I resigned due to harsh working condition and the place becoming toxic), so to keep body and soul together and my little family, I opted to drive for Uber/taxify, I did the registration and training but had no car forthcoming after several tries.

I posted here about wanting a car for hire purchase and I got one from someone on this thread by October (reason for me using a new profile, though I don't know the person's profile but since she picked my number from here, I guess she must be following this thread) but on the agreement that I make a down payment which I paid and I have never failed any of my remittance, so currently I have like 15 month to pay and be the owner of the car.

I stopped applying for job just to face the hustle as I had plans to start up my own little professional business, but there was this job I applied for before I got my last job, I had already meet with the CEO of the company but I didn't get a call back from them, so I just blanked it.

But I got a call from the CEO himself last week asking if am still available which I responded in the affirmative and to cut the long story I got a juicy offer and it came with an official car.

I am yet to explain anything to the madam that gave me the car on hirepurchase, I believe I must be honest with her because the contract is her own hustle as well, but I may not be able to meet up paying her weekly but I can still pay her monthly but that will be from my monthly salary (this is an option my wife frown at, her reason being that 10month of such money can get me that same car, why pay it for 15month)

The second option is to give out the car to someone else while the person remit to me and I remit to the woman (but the clause is that when I signed the contract, one of the term is I must not sub contract the car to another person, as the wan has right to get back the car if she discover such). To correct that I am thinking of meeting the woman and explain things to her ,so I can sub-contract the car, but you know Some Nigerians can be funny she may agree now just to come back later and trigger the aforementioned term.

My people I will welcome any advice...thanks and God bless

Boss return d car and wash ur hands off anytin that have to do with the car, in fact go to station to terminate the agreement with stated reason... Learn not to vouch for anyone in life, it is very important u learn this. Nothing is as good as it seem, just as nothing is as bad as it seem.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 5:21pm On Jan 22, 2020
DonJoeSneh:

You guys are not putting the woman into consideration, have you forgotten that after four months usage on Naija roads...the car don lose value aiidy.....The matter be somehow sha.
My advice has already addressed both parties involve, otherwise, I would've adviced he returns the car lile every other person have done leaving his partner with no other option.
Izzuo just mentioned something which is very true, and which is, the car has loose its value already after 4 months in use.

Now, if bros returns the car like you guys suggests and the woman accepted with open embrace believing she's at the winning end, either of the 2 will happen next.

1) She puts the car up for weekly rental which will eventually ends up a total lost to her.

2) She looks for another person for same HP but b4 she does this she must have to spend some money to fix one or two things. Getting a trusted and serious person who can finish this can take time mind you.

I can go on and in to analize this with my foresight.

So you can see I've already put his partner into consideration with my advice and with the present situation at hand both parties has a lot to loose but his partner has a bigger portion if she declines the driver's offer.

I've almost the same situation playing as we speak.
I've a close relative who did weekly rental for this guy for 9months without owning a single week, even when his partner uses the car for his personal use for some days this driver still remits same amount that week. the last time the partner used the car for his personal use car spent 5days at the mechanic workshop.

With mutual understanding they agreed on HP @2.5m. 1st driver used this Corolla for about 4months b4 this my relative picked up. I was totally against the amount for the HP, barely 2months down the line driver was fed up due to constant visit to mechanic workshop. Right b4 my eyes he spent 100k within a week fixing the AC and some other things.

Two days ago driver called his partner he's returning the car since he refuses to shift grounds after several pleas to him. Partner came early in the morning the next day to pickup the car by himself.

Next day morning on my way out I saw the car at a car dealer stand along Ilezik b4 ikeja along.

In this case driver loose because owner has recoup his capital since car has been on rental for approx 1yr 5months.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 5:28pm On Jan 22, 2020
blissbliss:

China: 12k
Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 5:41pm On Jan 22, 2020
mymotong:
Drivers Needed:

3 units of Toyota Camry 2006 for weekly rental.

WhatsApp: 09032614208 for terms and conditions..

Guys see attached pix within on the demands apropos to this post, what I keep wondering about is how people think they're doing anyone a favor. Which one be if driver performs well HP will be granted na?? HP na free

Inasmuch as I like to respect people's business decisions, yet I hate it when someone sees h/h self as a king in the negotiation table where everyone is equally important.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by blissbliss: 6:07pm On Jan 22, 2020
northbird:

Thanks
You’re welcome

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Williams004: 6:08pm On Jan 22, 2020
Hello all, pls my Honda Civic 2003 model jacks always when the AC is on and sun is high. But during morning or night or cold weather it works well. I have been to several mechanics and still the same. Any idea pls
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bigiyaro(m): 8:05pm On Jan 22, 2020
Felicity0001:

Guys see attached pix within on the demands apropos to this post, what I keep wondering about is how people think they're doing anyone a favor. Which one be if driver performs well HP will be granted na?? HP na free

Inasmuch as I like to respect people's business decisio
ns, yet I hate it when someone sees h/h self as a king in the negotiation table where everyone is equally important.
the man is very wise in own eyes, is it that the drive will use the car for one year on weekly remittance, then later convert to HP @ half the price or how, cos will be inhuman to still give out the car for
HP at the average price for toks if the car had been on the road for a long time. as for me ain't doing HP on any naija used vehicle, except fresh toks

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gunzANDroses: 8:12pm On Jan 22, 2020
Williams004:
Hello all, pls my Honda Civic 2003 model jacks always when the AC is on and sun is high. But during morning or night or cold weather it works well. I have been to several mechanics and still the same. Any idea pls

Service throttle body and iacv (idle air control valve). Except your car ac is allergic to sunlight, I see no reason why the temperature of the sun will cause it to react that way.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Williams004: 8:23pm On Jan 22, 2020
gunzANDroses:

Service throttle body and iacv (idle air control valve). Except your car ac is allergic to sunlight, I see no reason why the temperature of the sun will cause it to react that way.

Ok thanks. But I’ve serviced the injector and this too but all to no avail
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Prince3(m): 8:26pm On Jan 22, 2020
izzou:

Its a pity no one is considering the woman.

The same people advising him to plead for part of his deposit, will be the same people that will advise a driver not to take a Naija used car on HP. grin
Thank you very much bro. So accurate
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 8:31pm On Jan 22, 2020
Williams004:
Maybe your car has been carbonized wink
Get a competent mechanic to check for carbon buildup in.. I dunno, mechanic will know
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by waterfas: 9:11pm On Jan 22, 2020
Pls house I need a sample HP agreement my email is waterfas@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:57pm On Jan 22, 2020
Williams004:

Then take the car for a proper scan or better still visit gazzuzz/radautowork for a lastinf solution. But be ready to spend.
After all soup wey sweet na money kill am
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gunzANDroses: 10:31pm On Jan 22, 2020
Williams004:

Well, had similar issue with my car. I serviced the throttle body and changed the iacv and the vibration, in other words, rough idling, stopped.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 10:36pm On Jan 22, 2020
Felicity0001:

Then take the car for a proper scan or better still visit gazzuzz/radautowork for a lastinf solution. But be ready to spend.
After all soup wey sweet na money kill am

Gazzuzz does not repair Honda Civic 2003 - 2005

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eizenburg: 3:32am On Jan 23, 2020
IFSHR:

Noted ma..thanks

I will try that...but I doubt if she will want to part with any money but I will try that option if am to return the car as advised

Your wife has a solid point. If you’re willing to pay her monthly for 15 months, you might as well save up that money and get a better car. Return the car, count your losses and move on.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BabaIjebuXL(m): 3:44am On Jan 23, 2020
Please i have a freshly registered corolla and I am in need of a driver to partner with. Interested person can reach me on 07062631404.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Luxurydriverng: 3:59am On Jan 23, 2020
NYCnextStop:
nice one bro

What car are you using for ehailing.., the interior looks fresh

C class
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mayor555(m): 8:19am On Jan 23, 2020
Williams004:

Bro, one or two of your coils is the culprit. Many scanner out there won't reveal it.

Next time you start to experience it, go to your mechanic and tell him to check the coils. Let him check for sparks as he's removing each of them....

Crude fix is, use blue gum(silicon gum) to fix defective one. Hope you understand and I hope it helps.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2332) (2333) (2334) (2335) (2336) (2337) (2338) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.