Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2365) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4755676 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2362) (2363) (2364) (2365) (2366) (2367) (2368) ... (5692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 3:02pm On Feb 06, 2020
Dont quote people again if you don't want to be quoted

Vision2045:
I would have replied your guys that quoted me ignorantly up there...but the essence of this group is not about throwing banters...

I drive and have encountered vio several times and had no case of impoundment....

I only addressed the information and never judged or said anyone is wrong or right or said going to vio office if Ur car is impounded means you are chasing clout.

Uber registered in Nigeria as a Tech company with focus on solving transportation issues...Uber operates in Abuja and not just Lagos..and we have vio over there as well...so y the apprehension in Lagos.

If you know any one whose car was impounded let them come out here and tell us how the conversation played out..

The ban on okada in Lagos is beyond what you are seeing....it's preparation for 2023, I won't say more than that.

If u quote me ignorantly, my reply henceforth might not be friendly....

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 3:04pm On Feb 06, 2020
I was at a seminar last Saturday and a lawyer made a valid point; govt is coming for everyone, she specifically mentioned Uber. She started boat business at Ikorodu and in the guise of setting everything straight, she brought LAWATA or whatever to the Jetty to see the market there and the rest is history, today she's competing with some dudes.

Lagos is a clear definition of everything wrong with unchecked capitalism. Lagos is run by different cabals from the elite to the least vulcanizer union and entry points are getting tougher. This Okada ban wasn't entirely security, NURTW and Fola Tinubu knows what they are doing.

Last year Sept or so, a body launched their own app for taxis, I think it was the body representing the yellow cabs or so, I think they have the upper hand with the government.

As per Uber, let no man deceive himself, they are probably weighing their options, they have had their license revoked in London, banned in Germany and having issues in certain states in the US. With Nigeria turning to a pariah state, thanks to Buhari, they might just throw in the towel. But that is unlikely unless the figures does not add up or they might just stay longer than required to boost the image of the current CEO with shareholders. Uber is already running at a loss for years now.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lienn: 3:06pm On Feb 06, 2020
I read here when a rider told us he defended his Uber driver from the hands of VIO last year.

They asked for LASDRI and Hackney permit. I read it here.

Rumor or not, the wise thing to do is to unitedly know the way forward.

What's even my business sef? Goodluck to you all

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 3:06pm On Feb 06, 2020
peeps4u:
Dont quote people again if you don't want to be quoted

Did I quote any one in my reply ? No

Who are the people?

Did I ask anyone not to quote me ? No, I only said don't quote me ignorantly

Mr man Go fCk ysf

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 3:27pm On Feb 06, 2020
Vision2045:

Did I quote any one in my reply ? No

Who are the people?

Did I ask anyone not to quote me ? No, I only said don't quote me ignorantly

Mr man Go fCk ysf

Only You have the monopoly of identifying an ignorant post?

Well, your original quote to my post was also made out of ignorance and that explains why few people replied you.

Again, I say, dont quote people again if you don't want to be quoted.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 3:32pm On Feb 06, 2020
I remember that post.

Let everyone continue with sit down look. Even if we think VIOs are wrong in their arrest, is it by avoiding we solve the issue?

Uber is the parent comoany here which registered with govt, now that VIOs are claiming one licence or the other from drivers, isn't it reasonable drivers approach uber to clear the air on this issue so drivers can operate freely?

It is the drivers that are facing the harrassment on the streets but same drivers aren't ready to approach uber or govt for clear way forward.

Our docility is second to none.

Lienn:
I read here when a rider told us he defended his Uber driver from the hands of VIO last year.

They asked for LASDRI and Hackney permit. I read it here.

Rumor or not, the wise thing to do is to unitedly know the way forward.

What's even my business sef? Goodluck to you all

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 3:33pm On Feb 06, 2020
peeps4u:

Only You have the monopoly of identifying an ignorant post.

Well, your original quote to my post was also made out of ignorance and that explains why few people replied you.

Again, I say, dont quote people again if you don't want to be quoted.
Free him please.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chuksiyk31(m): 3:56pm On Feb 06, 2020
Vision2045:
I would have replied your guys that quoted me ignorantly up there...but the essence of this group is not about throwing banters...

I drive and have encountered vio several times and had no case of impoundment....

I only addressed the information and never judged or said anyone is wrong or right or said going to vio office if Ur car is impounded

Uber registered in Nigeria as a Tech company with focus on solving transportation issues...Uber operates in Abuja and not just Lagos..and we have vio over there as well...so y the apprehension in Lagos.

If you know any one whose car was impounded let them come out here and tell us how the conversation played out..

The ban on okada in Lagos is beyond what you are seeing....it's preparation for 2023, I won't say more than that.

Please I’ve been trying to register as an Uber driver, but I’ve not been able to upload my vehicle inspection report.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 06, 2020
chuksiyk31:

Please I’ve been trying to register as an Uber driver, but I’ve not been able to upload my vehicle inspection report.

Best you take it to Maryland office for quick assistance..if u are in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 2zona(m): 4:14pm On Feb 06, 2020
Good evening, please may i know the schedule for uber drivers training at their maryland office as in the days and time they conduct training for newly registered uber driver. Urgent please. Alternatively, is their any uber rep. phone number or email i can reach out to for the information?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 4:29pm On Feb 06, 2020
chuksiyk31:

Take it to maryland as advised or upload via web.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by topsydee007: 5:07pm On Feb 06, 2020
Vision2045:

I only addressed the information and never judged or said anyone is wrong or right or said going to vio office if Ur car is impounded means you are chasing clout.

In Abuja ..u don't have problem with vio or frsc once your papers are complete.. but u see those AMAC touts .... they are pain in the ass

I have witnessed a scenerio where an Uber guy just parked and they went to remove his plate number said he's doing illegal taxi work in Abuja.

I Abuja...if u get request from any. AMAC plaza....don't go ooo...your car will be impounded ..... Painful thing...no one cares about u

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Oluwabengz(m): 5:07pm On Feb 06, 2020
Hi guyz, anyone with the knowledge of the cost of A/C Condenser for a Toyota Corolla '03 should pls share.

Thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 5:10pm On Feb 06, 2020
Lots of uber drivers went to uber office today to complain. So uber said they are working on the issue, that they will update us via email soon.

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 5:15pm On Feb 06, 2020
Lienn:

Gokada, Max and Opay all had licenses and yet they crumbled their enterprise

You guys can help yourself by listing routes where VIO usually occupy. Maybe you all can work with that for now.
Since the issue of VIO harassment started I have been avoiding Isheri/Berger area. For now best thing is to avoid them.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Sirdave333(m): 5:23pm On Feb 06, 2020
Two certified drivers needed to drop a company car to 1. Enugu and 2.Asaba. Chat me up on 07039403000 if interested. No calls please.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Sirdave333(m): 5:31pm On Feb 06, 2020
Two certified drivers needed to drop a company car to 1. Enugu and 2. Ebonyi. Chat me up on 07039403000 if interested. No calls please. Not Asaba
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 5:38pm On Feb 06, 2020
Wow so now the VIO is using the ban as an avenue to oppress drivers lol because they know drivers are cashing out on the ban. My Naija people which way?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chijioke17(m): 8:13pm On Feb 06, 2020
Hello, please I'm confused between getting an 08 corolla or an 05 Camry for Uber in Lagos,pros i got for the Camry is the fact that it's way cheaper than the corolla, any advice?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Walebryth: 9:28pm On Feb 06, 2020
peeps4u:

And drivers are suffering in silence...

No one is talking how to approach uber, bolt and others what really is the issue they have with the govt and know their positions on these issues.

How long will drivers keep avoiding VIO?

I knew and said it they would come for us after Okada ban. The whole thing is to give another coming company a fertile ground to grow on by stiffing life out of ride sharing platforms now.

This is not encouraging, once govt decides to handover any sectors to private sector, it's always there family and friends. This is unfair and tough for ordinary citizens.
I intend to join ehailing soon once I get a car and I'm currently glancing through this thread to learn more from everyone here.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dbossmanager: 9:29pm On Feb 06, 2020
shollywendy1:
Lots of uber drivers went to uber office today to complain. So uber said they are working on the issue, that they will update us via email soon.
Is there a law that says you cant drive a car that is not registered in your name.....
Have you been asked for hackney permit or whatever it is called...??...
I have been stopped couple of times and have never heard that before..non of my drivers have ever been asked that before. .no one that I know in this line of work has been asked before...only on nairaland by the same monikers.....
Many people visit this thread....stop selling them ideas to extort you....As far as government is concerned, you are working for a private company...if they have anything to say...they say that to the companies....
Uber is licensed to run in the state.....Uber will be the first to know if you needed any kind of permits...
Very soon we will start hearing lastma says your car must be painted in yellow.....
Even if some one had the idea...you should always know your right and stand by it....
How many drivers on this thread have been charged for not having the permit........If you had, show proof....if not....go and sleep....
No wonder riders treat some of them anyhow......shm....

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lienn: 9:31pm On Feb 06, 2020
Babadee1900:
Since the issue of VIO harassment started I have been avoiding Isheri/Berger area. For now best thing is to avoid them.

The bend off Ikorodu road to Oshodi

Mile 2: Near the Total filling station

The street that links you from Ogunlana street to Cele Expressway

They always like to create their checkpoints close to their offices.

They don't work weekends, and they close by 4pm

These are some of the info I know about them

14 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eldemmi(m): 9:32pm On Feb 06, 2020
Felicity0001:

Another opportunity identified.

A real business man who know that government policies can help to either improve or destroy I/I business

yeah bro ,Govt policies have and will always be like that piss some please some. Nonetheless we will deal considerately.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:57pm On Feb 06, 2020
Monkeyprick:
Evening house, trust our hustle paid off today ?
I want to narrate the ordeal i went through yesterday in the hand of an Old Baga who faked a transfer of 3100 naira .
Here's the story : I took this Jigolo from 17 Balarabe Musa, Vi to Oworo on a 1.5X Bolt surge at 10am yesterday . When we got to his street, he pretended to be nice by asking me to end the trip because the road that leads to his place is not motorable. I did and he asked if he could do a bank transfer, usually i don't grant that request but because we had good conversations all through the journey and he looked like a well to do elderly man, i obliged.
Called out my account details and he read out my name ,after which i saw saw transaction successful on his phone screen . He thanked me and we bid ourselves bye bye.
Long story short , this unfortunate slowpoke faked the transfer and all my efforts to get my money has been abortive.
Please guys, help me launch an attack on his phone number 09057031333.

Cc
Izzou
Gentle life
Tojahh
Ndubuis
Mr Jaydee
Nitigriti
Ajoks53
Gazzuzz
Slamstanlee
Ofime123
Calabardick
Luxurydriver
Investor Dru23
My moto ng
Felicity
Perkins
Pope191
And everybody i forgot to mention
I've been off the thread, has he paid or more calls needed.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by omorkelly(m): 10:02pm On Feb 06, 2020
Thanks brother. This will help
Lienn:

The bend off Ikorodu road to Oshodi

Mile 2: Near the Total filling station

The street that links you from Ogunlana street to Cele Expressway

They always like to create their checkpoints close to their offices.

They don't work weekends, and they close by 4pm

These are some of the info I know about them
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by topsydee007: 10:31pm On Feb 06, 2020
This issue of permit

Like I said earlier it's more about those rogue govt official wey dey do anyhow.

Those rogue guys know that if dem misbehave nobody to caution them. Na the main problem be that ...shey Uber don't have license to operate at airports? Why can't drivers pick up rider freely at the airport? Drivers are been harassed and nothing is been done about it

Did govt at the top asked Sars to arrest people carrying laptop ?

What right does any police man has to search my phone without a warrant?

Sorowe that wasn't released after court granted him bail...where was the law?

Yes we all know vio or frsc does not have any right to ask for any harkney permit or whatever

If person meet them tomorrow and they ask for it ....what will person do ? Who is going to fight for one?

Those are the real concerns of drivers

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Godstime234: 10:39pm On Feb 06, 2020
bamirotola:
Morning people, am in need of a car to use for uber/ taxify. I will prefer hp but down payment is what I dont have but we can work something out. I also look forward to rentals that may lead to hp after some months. thank you. 09051715074.(whatsapp)
09064127391 calls

bros, why cant u use your own initiative instead of copying someone's own words for words and u mow edit the number and put ur own there. thats too bad. I believe u giraffed your way out of school .

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:42pm On Feb 06, 2020
Parlee:
My people, endeavour to give people rides on your way home during the day sha no be for night. Did it today and will do it every evening apart from weekends
I don't even dare it. because its either they spoil your car as theyre2 rushing to enter the car or you carry some bad people.

I picked a rider today from area F to Barger men the traffic was hell... As we discussed he said police officers where telling them they've regiatered over 15 cases of "one chance" since the ban of trycicles and bikes. That a woman was crying how they transferred 500k from her account with her phone on those big buses that usually load obanlede- cms.

So pray you don't run into problem in the verge of trying to help

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 11:00pm On Feb 06, 2020
eyinola:
Nigerians and konikoni,that's how i mistaken omit one number from my line this evening while trying to buy airtime from my bank app immediately i called d number he said that's my problem i should go and meet MTN grin
Hahaha... U evan have the effortary to even call the number...lolzzz... U got a well deserved answer. Thank yours stars its not your day work money you wrongly transferred...lol
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 11:22pm On Feb 06, 2020
Dbossmanager:

Is there a law that says you cant drive a car that is not registered in your name.....
Have you been asked for hackney permit or whatever it is called...??...
I have been stopped couple of times and have never heard that before..non of my drivers have ever been asked that before. .no one that I know in this line of work has been asked before...only on nairaland by the same monikers.....
Many people visit this thread....stop selling them ideas to extort you....As far as government is concerned, you are working for a private company...if they have anything to say...they say that to the companies....
Uber is licensed to run in the state.....Uber will be the first to know if you needed any kind of permits...
Very soon we will start hearing lastma says your car must be painted in yellow.....
Even if some one had the idea...you should always know your right and stand by it....
How many drivers on this thread have been charged for not having the permit........If you had, show proof....if not....go and sleep....
No wonder riders treat some of them anyhow......shm....
Femi falana. Since u know your right as a lagosians and patriotic citizen of nigeria.
Kukuma drive the car towards their checking points since its registered on ur name and claim to be an uber driver. If your matter did not end up at their ojodu branch, come back here i will replace ur driver's phones with recommended ones.
Which nigerian law backed sowore to be in detention for that long?
What offence has he committed as a nigerian?
What right do SARS officers has to stop and check your phones as a nigerian?
VIO that will commuters with no papers and start disturbin ur cars that are road worthy.
Lastma that will ignore commuters that beat the trafic lights and focus on private owners that did not fasten seatbelts.
Im just surprised the way people thinks Nigeria as a country has a concrete or rigid law.
This is a state where social workers are on the road to use every opportunity to extort u. Except if u have an uncle, fathers, God- mothers or aunt at the top. If not sorry is your case.
Continue to dey quote law.
Besides, uber is known to be having this same issue in some countries apart from nigeria. So, they should do the needful

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Horlickz77(m): 11:25pm On Feb 06, 2020
Alexious:

Drop ur contact.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by visionofbeauty: 11:31pm On Feb 06, 2020
House please who knows
FUNACEP FLEET MANAGEMENT before chevron

I'm directed to go there for a vehicle, how is their services like?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2362) (2363) (2364) (2365) (2366) (2367) (2368) ... (5692) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.