Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,321 members, 7,829,793 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2364) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4801763 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2361) (2362) (2363) (2364) (2365) (2366) (2367) ... (5699) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bamirotola: 12:56am On Feb 06, 2020
Morning people, am in need of a car to use for uber/ taxify. I will prefer hp but down payment is what I dont have but we can work something out. I also look forward to rentals that may lead to hp after some months. thank you. 09051715074.(whatsapp)
09064127391 calls

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bamirotola: 12:59am On Feb 06, 2020
[quote author=FabulousAutos post=86403211]

Do you mind 2007 Kia Cerato?[/quo

afternoon people, am in need of a car to use for uber/ taxify. I will prefer hp but down payment is what I dont have but we can work something out. I also look forward to rentals that may lead to hp after some months. thank you. 09051715074.(whatsapp)
09064127391 calls
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Heykayxx(m): 4:14am On Feb 06, 2020

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 9:25am On Feb 06, 2020
The Government is coming for us.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:39am On Feb 06, 2020
Mjosh1000:
The Government is coming for us.

Loud it
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 11:00am On Feb 06, 2020
Vision2045:

Loud it

And drivers are suffering in silence...

No one is talking how to approach uber, bolt and others what really is the issue they have with the govt and know their positions on these issues.

How long will drivers keep avoiding VIO?

I knew and said it they would come for us after Okada ban. The whole thing is to give another coming company a fertile ground to grow on by stiffing life out of ride sharing platforms now.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 11:02am On Feb 06, 2020
Saw this in a group, can't say of its genuity

Just leaving VIO office. They directed me to go to GRA Code Of Conduct Bureau. I was told we need Operator's license from UBER or each driver should register for the license with 100k each and also body tag and one stupid thing like that for 10k. Guys, let's look for alternatives o or we should learn to work smart. They are really mean in clamping us down. Either we like it or not.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 11:54am On Feb 06, 2020
grin grin. Sorry
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 12:34pm On Feb 06, 2020
peeps4u:

I really don't think that is attainable...Uber and Bolt have the operators license to carry out business in the state and that is conferred on their partners ..the highest that can happen is asking them to leave.

And u guys need to stop all these clout you are building because very soon the government will leverage on those unlost things u people are seeking...wetin the person go find for vio office wey bring about such irrelevant discussion

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 12:37pm On Feb 06, 2020
peeps4u:

And drivers are suffering in silence...

No one is talking how to approach uber, bolt and others what really is the issue they have with the govt and know their positions on these issues.

How long will drivers keep avoiding VIO?

I knew and said it they would come for us after Okada ban. The whole thing is to give another coming company a fertile ground to grow on by stiffing life out of ride sharing platforms now.

Just like Mr angry dey talk am...some driver's na bebeto. Always looking for wetin no lost

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 12:40pm On Feb 06, 2020
DelTel:

Please you need to go back to where you bought your battery 2 months as that's is purely a rip-off, at least if you bought it new.

A good battery should last more than 2years, Korea brand (I have Falcon battery, Korea).

TRANE batteries last as much as 5years.
why did I think the batteries were inside my hall for a second!? LWNKM!!!
https://www.radrentalspartyrentals.com/product-page/event-hall-only

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 12:58pm On Feb 06, 2020
Alfred74:

Now you are quick to cc Gazzuzz after false tagging him a bad name on the other thread. I guess the gods of olden days takes months if not years to punish humans for their iniquities,nowadays na sharp sharp.
Carry your uber wahala and deal with your grandpa of a fraudster in peace. You never shiiii chumting, o se se bere. Your money don enter gallow grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 1:06pm On Feb 06, 2020
Monkeyprick:

Sir, have you been paid. Pls update the house.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nuel101(m): 1:08pm On Feb 06, 2020
Please I do have 700k And I’m really looking to buy a car for Uber ... is that amount enough??... what brand also ?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:14pm On Feb 06, 2020
northbird:

Sir, have you been paid. Pls update the house.

At all bro.
The mofo is not picking my calls again.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 1:17pm On Feb 06, 2020
Oga, nobody is chasing clout going to VIO office. I also kicked against it even on this thread few days ago.
But would you blame those that go when cars are already being impounded and no action from either uber or even drivers? Everyone is acting like "I dont care".

If You can't make a call to go and pressure uber at their office to attend to this issue so that the harassment on drivers would stop, dont blackmail those who chose to make inquiry at VIO so they can drive with peace with 'clout chasing'

Vision2045:

I really don't think that is attainable...Uber and Bolt have the operators license to carry out business in the state and that is conferred on their partners ..the highest that can happen is asking them to leave.

And u guys need to stop all these clout you are building because very soon the government will leverage on those unlost things u people are seeking...wetin the person go find for vio office wey bring about such irrelevant discussion

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 1:20pm On Feb 06, 2020
Monkeyprick:

You Bleep up oga grin

How you go tag someone u just alleged wrongly recently? When you haven't even tendered an apology.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by murphyfada(m): 1:32pm On Feb 06, 2020
Is this thing am hearing true? Are they phasing uber n bolt out of lagos ro give room for state owned taxi apps?

Why is VIO coming for uber n bolt drivers?

Is it true once u are caught, ur car is gone even if you make payment?

Should we start looking for another side hustle?

What will happen to our HP agreement with our partners? I understand pp on rental can just return car and it u own ur car no problem for u.

Many questions that need answer. Please help a brother out.

Thank you
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 1:50pm On Feb 06, 2020
peeps4u:

Very true. Avoid them anyhow u can till they resolve the licensing issue. I said it here few days ago when my neighbour's car was impounded. But the way people attacked me, i decided to lay silent. As we are talking lots of uber car are in their yard. And anyone thats feels he is a kingkong should wait till he is a victim. Whatsapp me i will update u more.
Please izzou i need ur contact. Kindly chat me up
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by topsydee007: 2:03pm On Feb 06, 2020
Vision2045:

Yes Uber and bolt has operating license....it's not about Uber now. .it's more about drivers and most importantly those govt task force charged to enforce the law....most go out of their line of duties and be frustrating drivers

Speaking about okadaban....some task force went to aboru iyana ipaja yesterday to go park bikes park within the compound ( bikes that were not working).. shey govt send them that one?.....

I'm sure govt didn't send any vio to ask Uber drivers for shit...but out of greed most of the official will ask what they know u won't have and impound your vehicle and they know no one will fight for u

Nigerian situation

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lienn: 2:10pm On Feb 06, 2020
Vision2045:

Gokada, Max and Opay all had licenses and yet they crumbled their enterprise

Uber and Bolt registered as Tech companies, not transport firms. They have always been having issues with local cab businesses, not just in Nigeria.

Instead of consoling yourself with being ignorant, beat the system by finding a solution for yourself. Know what is happening and know how to evade them.

You guys can help yourself by listing routes where VIO usually occupy. Maybe you all can work with that for now.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 2:19pm On Feb 06, 2020
Lienn:

Gokada, Max and Opay all had licenses and yet they crumbled their enterprise

Uber and Bolt registered as Tech companies, not transport firms. They have always been having issues with local cab businesses, not just in Nigeria.

Instead of consoling yourself with being ignorant, beat the system by finding a solution for yourself. Know what is happening and know how to evade them.

You guys can help yourself by listing routes where VIO usually occupy. Maybe you all can work with that for now.
God bless u sir. Ignorantly, They are just so quick to launch attacks on issues they have no idea about. Just as u said. Uber never registered as a commuters/ commercial

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lograr(m): 2:20pm On Feb 06, 2020
peeps4u:

Hmm. What nonsense! For those saying they will go on ghost mode, and those happy that they drives spider sorry even if you are driving G wagon they will know. lemme shock you. They will soon start to request you! You lagosians should better join hands together now and stop saying " e nor concern me because i nor dey drive corolla" He go soon concern you oo. Can't you people join hands together and sue your government?
100k for wetin? What a rip off. Your tax is part of the 25% you paying for uber. Imagine body tag. Are they normal?
angry

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Star2020: 2:20pm On Feb 06, 2020
peeps4u Good day everyone in the house. The truth here is that so called Uber and Bolt doesn't care about cars being inpounded you know why because they feel your cars have alredy gone true inspection is go to go on the day input all your details. What next is for them to start making income from you so long you are the working anything that happen after that they don't know. What to do know is to get the two parties into this new happenings from there they can yes go get and upload to our profile with that we all can assure it's generally.:
Oga, nobody is chasing clout going to VIO office. I also kicked against it even on this thread few days ago.
But would you blame those that go when cars are already being impounded and no action from either uber or even drivers? Everyone is acting like "I dont care".

If You can't make a call to go and pressure uber at their office to attend to this issue so that the harassment on drivers would stop, dont blackmail those who chose to make inquiry at VIO so they can drive with peace with 'clout chasing'

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 2:20pm On Feb 06, 2020
shollywendy1:

Very true. Avoid them anyhow u can till they resolve the licensing issue. I said it here few days ago when my neighbour's car was impounded. But the way people attacked me, i decided to lay silent. As we are talking lots of uber car are in their yard. And anyone thats feels he is a kingkong should wait till he is a victim. Whatsapp me i will update u more 08099785775.
Please izzou i need ur contact. Kindly chat me up

And someone was saying those going to VIO for inquiry were chasing clout.

At this point, since uber isn't responding and drivers are docile and arent ready to go on protest and pressurize uber into action, anyone should do anything for himself to avoid VIO wahala.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 2:27pm On Feb 06, 2020
Monkeyprick:
Evening house, trust our hustle paid off today ?
I want to narrate the ordeal i went through yesterday in the hand of an Old Baga who faked a transfer of 3100 naira .
Here's the story : I took this Jigolo from 17 Balarabe Musa, Vi to Oworo on a 1.5X Bolt surge at 10am yesterday . When we got to his street, he pretended to be nice by asking me to end the trip because the road that leads to his place is not motorable. I did and he asked if he could do a bank transfer, usually i don't grant that request but because we had good conversations all through the journey and he looked like a well to do elderly man, i obliged.
Called out my account details and he read out my name ,after which i saw saw transaction successful on his phone screen . He thanked me and we bid ourselves bye bye.
Long story short , this unfortunate slowpoke faked the transfer and all my efforts to get my money has been abortive.
Please guys, help me launch an attack on his phone number 09057031333.

Cc
Izzou
Gentle life
Tojahh
Ndubuis
Mr Jaydee
Nitigriti
Ajoks53
Gazzuzz
Slamstanlee
Ofime123
Calabardick
Luxurydriver
Investor Dru23
My moto ng
Felicity
Perkins
Pope191
And everybody i forgot to mention
Just seeing this, I am swinging into action right away.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 2:28pm On Feb 06, 2020
topsydee007:

Yes Uber and bolt has operating license....it's not about Uber now. .it's more about drivers and most importantly those govt task force charged to enforce the law....most go out of their line of duties and be frustrating drivers

Speaking about okadaban....some task force went to aboru iyana ipaja yesterday to go park bikes park within the compound ( bikes that were not working).. shey govt send them that one?.....

I'm sure govt didn't send any vio to ask Uber drivers for shit...but out of greed most of the official will ask what they know u won't have and impound your vehicle and they know no one will fight for u

Nigerian situation

Drivers need to match to uber and bolt offices, let them state that they have fulfilled all righteousness with state govt, then we know the next step. But presently, VIO are claiming uber doesn't have this and that and no response yet from uber.
Uber needs to respond and drivers need to force them to do that. "Working smart" to avoid VIO isn't going to solve it. They might as well go extra mile to bait drivers with requests and impound their cars on arrival.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 2:28pm On Feb 06, 2020
Eldemmi:
my dear fams, please if know anyone willing to sell TVS tricycles of less than a year may be due to the ban.. we will buy it compassionately...
0nine0 200 611 69

thanks
Another opportunity identified.

A real business man who know that government policies can help to either improve or destroy I/I business

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 2:33pm On Feb 06, 2020
SHOOPSYN:
Most 5.0 riders, is either they are in 20km pick up or they are going to dead zone .... with 5km drop off. grin
I wonder where u get this accessions from!
Simply say they're mostly new users or old users who just registered new account due to blockage from bad records or low rating.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 2:46pm On Feb 06, 2020
peeps4u:

Please, do you know anyone whose car has been impounded on the issues raised above or its just hearsay.

Reason being that if ur papers r expired, bolt won't block u from d platform. ( n DT cud b d case of such drivers if dy encounter VIO, im just saying).

Cos if its Uber, d moment, ur paper expires, you r temporarily yanked off d platform.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 2:50pm On Feb 06, 2020
I would like to hear from anyone who had an encounter wt the white n black guys during the week n what transpired.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 2:57pm On Feb 06, 2020
I would have replied your guys that quoted me ignorantly up there...but the essence of this group is not about throwing banters...

I drive and have encountered vio several times and had no case of impoundment....

I only addressed the information and never judged or said anyone is wrong or right or said going to vio office if Ur car is impounded means you are chasing clout.

Uber registered in Nigeria as a Tech company with focus on solving transportation issues...Uber operates in Abuja and not just Lagos..and we have vio over there as well...so y the apprehension in Lagos.

If you know any one whose car was impounded let them come out here and tell us how the conversation played out..

The ban on okada in Lagos is beyond what you are seeing....it's preparation for 2023, I won't say more than that.

If u quote me ignorantly, my reply henceforth might not be friendly....

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2361) (2362) (2363) (2364) (2365) (2366) (2367) ... (5699) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: jstburner(m), olusola2bello and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.