Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,089 members, 7,811,057 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2447) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4730779 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2444) (2445) (2446) (2447) (2448) (2449) (2450) ... (5688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 9:33pm On Mar 04, 2020
dru23:

Thanks bro.. ..I also mentioned on previous post that some partners are very careless ..it goes both ways....
It's a very tough business, the last driver owes me over 100k naira... he didn't pay 30k naira for his December 2019 payment.. I let it go ,I was told he has three kids and small baby..etc .. So I gave him time and he was taking advantage of my kindness.. Last ,last I collected the car from him.
So imagine if I let all the drivers owe me , you think that is fair ? The other drivers are doing ok and this is why I take my time hiring drivers....

[color=#990000][/color]

Bro I support you ideology under normal circumstances bankers don't have time for themselves and even family yet nobody bother to campaign for them... Now drivers that can decide to rest ànytime but choose to run against time will now have some kind of pity when he choose his path by himself. Abeg business and family and self pity does not live on the same street.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Jurncj(m): 9:37pm On Mar 04, 2020
2muchblessing:
Car available for rent

07 Corrolla

We rent out for 35k weekly. (Don't call to negotiate)

You must have atleast 2 verificable guarantors

Call - 09016423257

Oga go and drive your car yourself
Finding driver to victimise
35k plus 15k maintenance about
Radarada

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 04, 2020
Ogataxi:
Please o. All this figures flying around

Is there something im not doing well? Highest I've made in a day is 21k

If there's more to the hustle aside Saka kindly help we the young ones embarassed

Ooin ..you are doing well

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrmichael1(m): 9:54pm On Mar 04, 2020
Good day everyone,
Please is Honda City 2008 or 2009 good for e-hailing business?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SaintHilary(m): 9:59pm On Mar 04, 2020
Ogataxi:
Please o. All this figures flying around

Is there something im not doing well? Highest I've made in a day is 21k

If there's more to the hustle aside Saka kindly help we the young ones embarassed
No be u Kizz Daniel dash 70k plus past week

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SaintHilary(m): 10:02pm On Mar 04, 2020
To those drivers flaunting imaginable amount to impress whoever, hope y'all can see the sudden increase in remmitance fee
This one say <Don't call to negotiate> grin

Las las everybody go dey alright

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 04, 2020
SaintHilary:

grin grin grin
May be him don forget the yarn abi na Audio?
Bro, 21k for a rookie like you is wonderful but don't go about hoping for that money every day. There are days, you'll toil from morning till dusk and not gross 5k. It happens.
Just take it as that and chin up.
Have you found a car to drive after returning your friend's car? I might have a deal for you but its not certain yet.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ogataxi(m): 10:18pm On Mar 04, 2020
adeniyiHansome:
You are doing well bro.

They are unrealistic numbers that are not sustainable.

....drivers that once claimed such figures and painted everybody as lazy...are nowhere to be found today again.

Your 21k is your lucky day.

I'm just surprised if it's the same #1200, #900 trips that result to those figures, I even have to drive to chisco no matter where I am to get quality fuel that lasts so as to gain more at least.

So far one thing I've noticed is except you drive long hours or someone blesses you, you might not really make much daily

Pls I need more positioning tips guys. Na beg I dey beg
SaintHilary:

Lol. Boss na me o. But dat one na dash na.
Can someone even make such amount in a day. Impossible I guess

Please positioning tips for your boy o

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ogataxi(m): 10:28pm On Mar 04, 2020
Monkeyprick:

grin grin grin
May be him don forget the yarn abi na Audio?
Bro, 21k for a rookie like you is wonderful but don't go about hoping for that money every day. There are days, you'll toil from morning till dusk and not gross 5k. It happens.
Just take it as that and chin up.
Have you found a car to drive after returning your friend's car? I might have a deal for you but its not certain yet.
Wow! Thanks boss @ bolded
I really appreciate! I'm still driving the car for now though. I'm hoping on gathering reasonable down payment b4 next weekend so I can get a good deal. When I'm ready for a ride I go spam this thread with my requests morning till night till person gv me moto drive cheesy

Once again thanks boss. I do hope your offer is still available then.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 10:38pm On Mar 04, 2020
tojahh:

Loud it

Tojahh.. grin bad guy.

That's how we roll bro.. na wetin I dey always talk back in the days when I was still driving full time. I hardly get disrespected from the slay mamas, oloshos, yahooboys etc. Cos if you self see me in front of you, I reiterate if you see me.. you wont even think of it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:41pm On Mar 04, 2020
calabardick:

Majority works 24/7

my woman drove one from the international airport to lekki, behind shoprite early hour of today. He slept from the airport road to lekki tollgate. When they got to my place I have to cease his car key, gave him a place to sleep then advice him to end the trip when he wakes up.

He remits 30k weekly and does 10k repairs.
isn't this wickedness?
Isn't this slavery?
A 20 years old going thro this
Chia!! So sad.
A 20 yrs old boy. God have mercy!

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sirlaw2(m): 10:43pm On Mar 04, 2020
Seniors in the house.... Please how good is Hyundai Elantra 2007 for this business?
A friend has a really sweet Elantra that he intends to drive himself but doesn't know if the car can handle the stress associated with the business..

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 10:44pm On Mar 04, 2020
shepherdchurch:

I started this business 2 years ago. Today I have 8 cars. You have been a blessing to me and I have learnt a lot from you. This is supposed to be business, no sentiments at all. Most drivers are heartless. Give a driver a brand new mint car not tokunbo o and tell him to remit 10k weekly, some drivers will still default. Doing business in the country is tough. The hardest part of doing business in Nigeria is getting honest employees. Dru keep doing what your're doing. Most drivers here will hate you for saying the truth.

Dru23 I thot we left this in 2019

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 04, 2020
Ogataxi:

Wow! Thanks boss @ bolded
I really appreciate! I'm still driving the car for now though. I'm hoping on gathering reasonable down payment b4 next weekend so I can get a good deal. When I'm ready for a ride I go spam this thread with my requests morning till night till person gv me moto drive cheesy

Once again thanks boss. I[b] do hope your offer is still available then[/b].

That's why i said its not certain yet.
My brother in law has been driving the car ever since he got back from NYSC last year, and he just got a job last week but we're not sure if he's taking the offer because its in the North. The pay is fair for a bachelor and cost of living is relatively cheap up north but my wife who is the sister is concerned about the security there. And there's another option of selling the car as well. I used that motor when shishi no dey and him too rock am well well, he maintain am but the body don dey turn Legidiz.
I'll let you know whatever they decide on later sha but please don't enter into an hire purchase deal wey you no go fit get small time for yourself. I will rather advice you to continue on rental. 25k max

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:55pm On Mar 04, 2020
mrjaydee:

Tojahh.. grin bad guy.

That's how we roll bro.. na wetin I dey always talk back in the days when I was still driving full time. I hardly get disrespected from the slay mamas, oloshos, yahooboys etc. Cos if you self see me in front of you, I reiterate if you see me.. you wont even think of it.

No wonder, you were lightning oven up and down.
You should give Mr Nigeria a try.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davidtuzy(m): 11:03pm On Mar 04, 2020
Tanks so much
adeniyiHansome:
Yes. For Indriver and Ocar too. Good alternative to Uncle Coro.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 11:25pm On Mar 04, 2020
Godfather10:
Very sensible statement! Imagine asking folks to help him recover N300, how ridiculous,
I supposed you are an elderly man, do you still remember the adage that says, "pikin way b thief start with stealing meat from him mama pot of soup"?

Isnt it ridiculous how you fail to acknowledge that stealing of N1 is same as stealing of a N1million naira?

Or you want me to inform you that the lady and the other riders that almost succeeded or succeeded in scamming driver just woke up one day and did it? Most/all of them started small like this and then graduated to thousand.

So be wise in your sumit before you come out to refer to people or someone.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 11:37pm On Mar 04, 2020
shepherdchurch:

I started this business 2 years ago. Today I have 8 cars. You have been a blessing to me and I have learnt a lot from you. This is supposed to be business, no sentiments at all. Most drivers are heartless. Give a driver a brand new mint car not tokunbo o and tell him to remit 10k weekly, some drivers will still default. Doing business in the country is tough. The hardest part of doing business in Nigeria is getting honest employees. Dru keep doing what your're doing. Most drivers here will hate you for saying the truth.
Sir you're right with every of your point but this is not the subject.
You've been into the business for two years, good and congratulations to your advancement and progress but what would you do to that your beat renter who has been paying you for lets say 12months without any stories with good maintenance of your business and one day he say boss I'm taking 1 or 2 week off to rest and maybe pay attention to my health because I feel somehow so for some reason he either returns the car to you or parks it idle in his garage then travels. Would you say because it's business and you can't afford to loose a 1 week or 2 you then say to him, No! Before you return the car must have been given out to some one else? Or you would ask him not to go on his vacation?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pharod(m): 11:50pm On Mar 04, 2020
sirlaw2:
Seniors in the house.... Please how good is Hyundai Elantra 2007 for this business?
A friend has a really sweet Elantra that he intends to drive himself but doesn't know if the car can handle the stress associated with the business..

Cc Tojahh, Izzou, pope, deede, gazzuzz, everybody.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 12:10am On Mar 05, 2020
Godfather10:

Very sensible advice, it’s very easy to get burnt out in this job, take time off, holidays or go partying, or the job will start to disgust you.
Its why its a beautiful world...we disagree to agree.

Was on my way back from the Niger Delta today with one of the popular public transport system with lots of years in the business. Guess what? The driver was sleeping seriously while on steering. I was at the front seat and was also very tired and dosing off as well because I couldn't bear it, I noticed the slightly zigzag and eractic movement so I'd to sit up and then engaged him in discussion... He said it him self he was sleeping!.

No imagine the risk this driver is putting his life and that of his passengers and other people at even including his company and their property.

Now, the last aircraft crash that happened, was it last or there about. There was lot of report it was due to inexperience by the pilot. All lies.

The truth is, most employers dont provide the enablung2 environment for their workers rather are just after their business and profit.

Most or even all of these public transport companies don't have rooms for their drivers to rest after a long trip not to talk of even a bathing room or a toilet or even self a HMO should they or their family members fall sick along the line of duty. Go to their park every night you'll see them sleeping inside their car/bus the once that the day was good for them spend the night in either their concubine's house or with a sex worker with few hours sleep in the night and the next morning they're on the road driving putting people's life and property at risk.

Can we boldly call a 20yrs old boy a grown up man in nigeria? @Dru23 that boy is still a child oh this is not United State of American where a child of 20 is regarded as a man oh... Over here in Nigeria we still have men in their 40s still living under their parents' roof they still chop and say "mama thank you ma". So that child is still a boy.
I won't allow my child of 20 take a driving job, it's high risk to him.

You need to see the way these children drive on the road. Esp these coro boys, doing 80kmph on a busy road. It is that not madness? The annoying one is they will never allow you enter their front but the way they will enter you enh!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 12:49am On Mar 05, 2020
Felicity0001:

Its why its a beautiful world...we disagree to agree.

Was on my way back from the Niger Delta today with one of the popular public transport system with lots of years in the business. Guess what? The driver was sleeping seriously while on steering. I was at the front seat and was also very tired and dosing off as well because I couldn't bear it, I noticed the slightly zigzag and eractic movement so I'd to sit up and then engaged him in discussion... He said it him self he was sleeping!.

No imagine the risk this driver is putting his life and that of his passengers and other people at even including his company and their property.

Now, the last aircraft crash that happened, was it last or there about. There was lot of report it was due to inexperience by the pilot. All lies.

The truth is, most employers dont provide the enablung2 environment for their workers rather are just after their business and profit.

Most or even all of these public transport companies don't have rooms for their drivers to rest after a long trip not to talk of even a bathing room or a toilet or even self a HMO should they or their family members fall sick along the line of duty. Go to their park every night you'll see them sleeping inside their car/bus the once that the day was good for them spend the night in either their concubine's house or with a sex worker with few hours sleep in the night and the next morning they're on the road driving putting people's life and property at risk.

Can we boldly call a 20yrs old boy a grown up man in nigeria? @Dru23 that boy is still a child oh this is not United State of American where a child of 20 is regarded as a man oh... Over here in Nigeria we still have men in their 40s still living under their parwnts roof they still chop and say "mama thank you ma". So that child is still a boy.
I won't allow my child of 20 take a driving job, it's high to him.

You need to the way these children drive on the road. Esp these coro boys, doing 80kmph on a busy road. It is that madness? The annoying one is they will never allow you enter their front but the way they will enter your enh!

You do make a solid case but that is why you as a partner-driver have total control of your earnings.

You can make your rental in 5 days and do whatever with the remaining 2.

Granted, a hard-working partner-driver needs some time off, but if he/she plans the job well, there won’t be any need for permission to rest.

I’m more worried about the exposure on the 20 year old ehailers than their speed. Bros talk true you no fire motor die when you be that age?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slimzy91(m): 1:32am On Mar 05, 2020
Tokumbo 2007 Toyota Corolla Spot available for hire purchase. interested parties should call 09045083645.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 2:42am On Mar 05, 2020
Felicity0001:

Chia!! So sad.
A 20 yrs old boy. God have mercy!

Nigeria?
No one cares, it's like an evil forest, the monsters preying on the weaker ones

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 2:47am On Mar 05, 2020
Monkeyprick:

Bro, tell that guy to go submit his CV to workforce group ,Whytecleon, Dragnet (contract banking jobs, instrumentation Engr jobs etc) are available and should help keep his body and souls together till a better offer surface. I understand that they don't pay much but with his course & grade, 50-65k after all deductions is far better than toiling all day under hot sun to remit 30k to partners.
He should also be on the lookout for Graduate trainee roles, he will surely get invited for test and if he knows his onions with a dint of luck, he would get a job.

I asked him to take a day off every week then spend like 5 hours in a cyber cafe for this purpose. He agreed to that.
The problem with this ehauling driving is; it disconnects you from the world, the least time you have you spend sleeping, even in your dream you see your partner asking you to hustle up for the weekly remittance, or like one of my friend, you can get trip requests in your dream, nsuto mkpo?

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IWealthCreator: 3:29am On Mar 05, 2020
HONDA CRV 2005 for sale N800k
2.4L, 4 plugs, good for uber and great for off line trips
First body, Naija used
pick and drive
Be a car owner now, get off rental, decide when you drive get off hp and have peace of mind.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 3:30am On Mar 05, 2020
dru23:

Thanks bro.. ..I also mentioned on previous post that some partners are very careless ..it goes both ways....
It's a very tough business, the last driver owes me over 100k naira... he didn't pay 30k naira for his December 2019 payment.. I let it go ,I was told he has three kids and small baby..etc .. So I gave him time and he was taking advantage of my kindness.. Last ,last I collected the car from him.
So imagine if I let all the drivers owe me , you think that is fair ? The other drivers are doing ok and this is why I take my time hiring drivers....

Hire me na please! Lolz!

Brother did you say 100k? This is serious.
I have a problem here, why consider what he isn't considering?
If his family was important to him I don't think he would've done that.
You know what? Don't stop the good work but avoid bad workers, they're like the DEVIL, even if you remove the letter D the answer will still be EVIL, you can't make anything good out of them.

Someone was trying to advice an intending partner on this forum many months ago to scramble the idea of considering marriage as a condition for service. He said that married men may come up with lots of family stories for not been able to remit, that was so true.

My logistics officer is a married man with children, I met him as an ehauling driver, he's on this platform as well. you have to see how this young man sacrifices for his family. He's ready to take any task just for the sake of the wife and children, he doesn't joke with his family same as any task assigned to him. He drives every week from Lekki/Epe to PH, Warri and Benin without complaining. When my woman spoke with him he said "whenever I see my wife and children happy when I return home, the excitement in them welcoming me alone gives me joy, whether I eat or not, whether I have money or not, my joy is filled, it makes me a proud husband/father". He added "yes, my family is my greatest priority but I need my job to keep them going and I need them to keep my job going, whenever I think about them it gives me the strength to do more because I don't want them to suffer. Can you imagine this kinda mindset from a young man that is still in his thirties dru? As I'm typing this now he's preparing to hit the road to warri.

Right from the day he made that statement lots of things changed positively between him and us...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IWealthCreator: 3:31am On Mar 05, 2020
Honda crv 05 for sale N800k

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 3:35am On Mar 05, 2020
dckng16:

You reminded me of my earlydays in this business, 2017. I was paying 40k to my partner and was doing servicing of the car with synthetic oil of 20k bimonthly and I was handling all the repairs myself. It was hell for me. I knew nothing about the biZ before signing Agreement. At a time I felt my partner took advantage of me. When he noticed am a novice. But all these things made me who I am today. To say am over successful in this ehailing biz is an under statement. Looking back 2years ago to now, my account is a very fat one. It has always been the yardstick i measure my success. Thank God. In every mess there is a message.

- synthetic oil
- repairs

I don't know what to say here, I'm speechless.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 3:37am On Mar 05, 2020
sirlaw2:

When he handles the car well, the car will handle the stress associated with the business well
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 3:43am On Mar 05, 2020
Felicity0001:

Sir you're right with every of your point but this is not the subject.
You've been into the business for two years, good and congratulations to your advancement and progress but what would you do to that your beat renter who has been paying you for lets say 12months without any stories with good maintenance of your business and one day he say boss I'm taking 1 or 2 week off to rest and maybe pay attention to my health because I feel somehow so for some reason he either returns the car to you or parks it idle in his garage then travels. Would you say because it's business and you can't afford to loose a 1 week or 2 you then say to him, No! Before you return the car must have been given out to some one else? Or you would ask him not to go on his vacation?

If it's me, this will be my decision because of his good record

- get another trusted driver that can maintain the business till you return, you must sign an undertaking to this effect

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 3:44am On Mar 05, 2020
pharod:

Cc Tojahh, Izzou, pope, deede, gazzuzz, everybody.
grin

Is that a moniker?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by computerglobal(m): 6:42am On Mar 05, 2020
Do the necessary precautions to avoid buying a clunker

With computerglobal you will instantly receive an accurate vehicle history report which contains extremely valuable information for consumers, dealers, insurers, auction houses, and lenders, about whether a specific pre-owned automobile has a Salvage or Rebuilt Title status, sustained Flood Damage, the last recorded odometer reading, the manufacturer's original equipment, OEM recall data, and more.

Our COMPREHENSIVE "VIN Check and History Report" gives you peace of mind when buying a used car.

Comprehensive vehicle history report that you can count on to make an informed purchase

We help you interpret the report and also advice you

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (Vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10000072_vehiclehistoryreport_jpeg3e8dde5a1fb4cccbf6626e983b2598da

(1) (2) (3) ... (2444) (2445) (2446) (2447) (2448) (2449) (2450) ... (5688) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Doncyn01, Mewales, northbird

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.