Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,793 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2500) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4751393 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2497) (2498) (2499) (2500) (2501) (2502) (2503) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 8:39pm On Mar 18, 2020
Eizenburg:

Check your tires

I don change tire do alignment and balancing self
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 8:40pm On Mar 18, 2020
stephenwa:
Hahahaha..ur disk plate has gone bad...changed them

Okay thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by zubby147: 8:59pm On Mar 18, 2020
Mjosh1000:

I don change tire do alignment and balancing self
change your plate disc...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:08pm On Mar 18, 2020
mikylon:
my people, I have a Toyota Corolla 04 model, can it be accepted for uber/taxify.
Hey
I'm available for partnership on rentals if you're looking for a partner.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ghost1994: 9:30pm On Mar 18, 2020
Saw this on bolt. This Coronavirus issue is getting more serious

1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:55pm On Mar 18, 2020
You guys should please be safe out there. sad

Una dey meet different people everyday. Please try and avoid contacts as much as possible.

If a rider is coughing inside AC with you?....God have mercy sad

Just say a word of prayer brethren. You can't be too careful on this job

The Lord be with you all

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:09pm On Mar 18, 2020
Ghost1994:

Ah swear drivers no get life grin

In oshiomole voice: Go n d*e... Dats wot Bolt is saying

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 11:00pm On Mar 18, 2020
PuZZyNegro:

If you are trying to sound funny, you better stop it.

Behave yourself before I change it for you.
You should be ashamed of yourself.

Adult behaving like a kid.

Grow up boy!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:05pm On Mar 18, 2020
Felicity0001:

Grow up boy!

Another episode of distraction about to start...

Pop corn -- reserved
Chil coke ---- reserved

Oya blur the light...let the movie b

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 11:07pm On Mar 18, 2020
yommie007:
Well I've had a 1.2x surge trip also change to 2.1x upon ending the trip. Me sef shock as well. The babe just confuse, even mistakenly gave me more money but had to return it. And the trip pass 25km io. So it might not entirely be to the rider's benefit oo.
Try reading my post again for better understanding.

For more clarification. You can advice a rider to update if you accepted on a surge and updated on a surge area as well.

Give it a try accepting a surge trip then updating in an area say ota in sango around 9pm then comeback to share ur testimony.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 11:13pm On Mar 18, 2020
stephenwa:
Hahahaha..ur disk plate has gone bad...changed them
He might as well need to carry out a wheel balancing.

The most common sign to bad break disk is when you step on the break the steering wheel vibrates

I could be wrong shall
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 11:39pm On Mar 18, 2020
Oluwabengz:

True!
Medicine after death. Just like telling your keeper to dive when ball has already entered the net
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 11:46pm On Mar 18, 2020
To those who were preaching loyalty to bolt and frowned at offline trips. If you still think these people care at all about drivers after this then your case is... Infact I don't know and I no send

They want to stay at home for safety reasons when they're less at risk but ask us at high risk to keep on driving so they can keep making money while at home

The only condition they advise you to stay at home is once you have successfully contracted the virus

They also want you to do more card trips than cash so in case you kpai you won't carry their money to heaven God forbid. ROTFL

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 12:31am On Mar 19, 2020
Una no go thank sai baba for N125 fuel?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 1:47am On Mar 19, 2020
I made it my own rule. To carry load, we do offline.
My car is to pick and drop human beings not loads.
skillip:
Somewhere around Sura.
Rider : Mr Xxxxx, where are you ?
Me: I'm off the road around that Lastma office, where are you ?
Rider : I'm at Total Petrol station
Me: where are you going and do you have any load ?
Rider: Surulere, no load
I drove into Total by Sura , didn't see her, called and sighted her outside
Rider: I'm going to Ijesha and I want to carry about 70 crates of eggs
Me: I asked you if you have any thing you want to carry and you said NO (egg go break or something wahala go start)
Rider: I didn't say that, etc
Me : I'm sorry I cant carry eggs let alone go to Ijesha, please cancel.

I just drive towards Marina side , got few request gnore them , drive reach Apongbon, area boy stop me make I carry 2 passenger with small load, give am #200 face destination. It's not everytime I like to work or give Uche 20%.....

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 4:17am On Mar 19, 2020
radautoworks:
Una no go thank sai baba for N125 fuel?
Unto watin? That guy deserves nothing other than coronian handshakes. grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 4:22am On Mar 19, 2020
davit:
I made it my own rule. To carry load, we do offline.
My car is to pick and drop human beings not loads.
Don't mind them.

That was how I got a request inside LASUTH one Saturday like that a medical student moving his things to Ikorodu, table top fridge, mattress and the rest. I charged him offline as my only condition to assist him move since he's a student guy man refused my OL I simply cancel wishing him good luck getting a mumu driver.

The annoying thing is some over zealous drivers will go on such trip.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 4:27am On Mar 19, 2020
deedee44:
To those who were preaching loyalty to bolt and frowned at offline trips. If you still think these people care at all about drivers after this then your case is... Infact I don't know and I no send

They want to stay at home for safety reasons when they're less at risk but ask us at high risk to keep on driving so they can keep making money while at home

The only condition they advise you to stay at home is once you have successfully contracted the virus

They also want you to do more card trips than cash so in case you kpai you won't carry their money to heaven God forbid. ROTFL
Guy watin we go do na, how do we feed sitting at home? Mama dey 4 house, pikin, wife all dey house.

Oga landlord, NEPA, LAWMA and the rest don't understands what corona virus is.

May God protect us.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 5:11am On Mar 19, 2020
Felicity0001:

Guy watin we go do na, how do we feed sitting at home? Mama dey 4 house, pikin, wife all dey house.

Oga landlord, NEPA, LAWMA and the rest don't understands what corona virus is.

May God protect us.
I no talk say we no go work, I just dey point out how bolt staff run go hide their head come get guts to say we can continue driving. That one mean say their own life get value pass drivers life abi

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by computerglobal(m): 5:30am On Mar 19, 2020
Car shopping can be overwhelming so make sure you do your research ahead to avoid being ripped off.Get a vehicle history check to know everything about the vehicle....

With computerglobal you will instantly receive an accurate vehicle history report

Comprehensive Report

100% Verified, Accurate Data

Fast, no-hassle turn around.....

Instant Report Delivery

The Fastest Service Delivery

Comprehensive vehicle history report that you can count on to make an informed purchase

We help you interpret the report and also advice you

Don't run the risk of buying a used car with costly hidden problems. Shop with confidence for a car with the our vehicle history that's right for you.

With Vin checks and reports willsave you money on your initial investment in a vehicle, but can help steer you away from a vehicle that is problematic and into something that is going to bring you years of enjoyment.

For Free Flood Damaged Vehicle Checks . Visit https://www.nairaland.com/4030035/free-flood-damaged-vehicle-checks#60086379
Visit https://www.nairaland.com/4370199/buyer-beware-free-vin-checks

For Free Manufacturer recalls check Visit https://www.nairaland.com/4370199/buyer-beware-free-vin-checks

For Free Basic Vehicle Information Package (BVIP) Visit https://www.nairaland.com/4180047/free-basic-vehicle-information-package

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (Vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068 or sms vin and email address to +37257130685

Email : computerglobaltech at gmail dot com
www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10000072_vehiclehistoryreport_jpeg3e8dde5a1fb4cccbf6626e983b2598da

Custom Document Verification

https://www.nairaland.com/4916517/exclusive-claim-100-free-custom
https://www.nairaland.com/4920896/exclusive-claim-100-free-custom

Contact us on Whats-app now directly . Just a click away.

https:///+2348060365068

www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9819253_20190630123201_jpeg4ce4fbc27f7585fd9c126b1683d30501
shocked
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ghost1994: 6:11am On Mar 19, 2020
deedee44:

I no talk say we no go work, I just dey point out how bolt staff run go hide their head come get guts to say we can continue driving. That one mean say their own life get value pass drivers life abi

This is Uber message

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nofij(m): 6:12am On Mar 19, 2020
ndubuis:
Can never understand why some drivers will prefer cash to card trips and then turn around to accept bank transfers. You may never relate, the mentality of some of these drivers. Strange at best.

Some riders make outrageous requests quite often and when you decline, they will say "but other drivers don't use to complain" .

I don't know if it's poverty, illiteracy, lack of planning, low self-esteem or a combination of all of the above that is plaguing some drivers.

I’ve never used my card on any of Bolt or Uber for a trip though, but I’m guessing I’ll be immediately debited once the trip ends. Drawing from personal experience, it’s also difficult to trust drivers too.

Two recent experiences tell my story:

1. A friend requested for a ride on Bolt from somewhere after Shrine to Orile Road in agege. He was on a discount, so it’s expected that the trip shouldn’t even be more than 700 max, but the driver simply refused to show us the price when we arrived and insisted it was 1k. He even began threatening us so I just had to give him the money for peace to reign.

2. A friend visited yesterday afternoon. She requested a trip from somewhere in Badore road to my place still in Ajah. Trip estimate was 700-800; there was no traffic at all, but trip ended and driver says it’s 1200. I paid for the trip when she arrived, so he showed me the trip details. I paid cos I didn’t even know the distance (I’m new in the area). It was only when she was leaving that I learned about the estimate.

The trip estimate back to her location was 800-900, and ended at #800. No stress.

So, with cash, I feel more secure. I can dispute a ride if I feel a driver has cheated me, but I’m not so sure how that will work with a card trip.

I haven’t really had bad experiences using Bolt and Uber in Lagos though, but I try to prepare in advance just in case.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 6:50am On Mar 19, 2020
Ghost1994:

They are closing down office but won't shut down their apps.

Na driver dey face the danger on the streets.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by PuZZyNegro: 7:00am On Mar 19, 2020
Felicity0001:

Grow up boy!

Alright!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gsparks01(m): 7:02am On Mar 19, 2020
peeps4u:

Guy chill na. If you feel u'r in danger, go offline. They did not employ you!

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 7:08am On Mar 19, 2020
Ghost1994:

This is Uber message
You see the difference? Even if deep down they want drivers to keep working, they made sure they didn't directly or indirectly encourage drivers to keep driving. Useless bolt said it directly and even laid emphasis on how they wish to get paid

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CarGuideNGR: 7:21am On Mar 19, 2020
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 7:32am On Mar 19, 2020
deedee44:

You see the difference? Even if deep down they want drivers to keep working, they made sure they didn't directly or indirectly encourage drivers to keep driving. Useless bolt said it directly and even laid emphasis on how they wish to get paid

From time, uche n his gang has always been about the money.

Even d app was tweaked by d Estonian programmers to make money @ any cost.

At times, I set destination to V.I. ,then phone beeps n I see MUSHIN. embarassed

I'm lyk Uche, CNT your app be straightforward for once. Is der a correlation BTW Mushin n V.I

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ogbunigwe2018: 8:17am On Mar 19, 2020
peeps4u:

You expect them to shut down the apps?
What do you guys really want

It was clearly stated that “ continue driving if you wish to”

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 19, 2020
northbird:

From time, uche n his gang has always been about the money.

Even d app was tweaked by d Estonian programmers to make money @ any cost.

At times, I set destination to V.I. ,then phone beeps n I see MUSHIN. embarassed

I'm lyk Uche, CNT your app be straightforward for once. Is der a correlation BTW Mushin n V.I

Sometimes it will give u an area on your set destination route ...

Eg you are in ojodu Berger and u set destination to ajah..it can give u lekki ikoyi and prob vi
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ogbunigwe2018: 8:19am On Mar 19, 2020
gsparks01:
As in.
Later they will come and be saying they are not employees. And are independent.

Here they are begging to be given the employee treatment.

My office has shut down and we are all working from home.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eizenburg: 8:19am On Mar 19, 2020
gsparks01:
“You can continue driving and earning when you wish to

That was well worded. They are telling you that it’s your choice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2497) (2498) (2499) (2500) (2501) (2502) (2503) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Donphilex(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.