Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,172 members, 7,815,104 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2558) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4742988 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2555) (2556) (2557) (2558) (2559) (2560) (2561) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:13pm On Apr 01, 2020
northbird:

Boss, as per me o, if I had 800k - 1m , na to gradually move away from the Uber/ BOlt thing.

A whole shocked 800k to buy a second hand car and put it again under the SLAVE MASTERS grin ( Uber n BOlt)

A car under UBER N BOLT is not an ASSET.

It keeps deprecating week in week out.

Heck, the system is highly volatile and unpredictable,

Look at, these two weeks now, it means zero returns on investment.

Look @ guys DT used financing to buy their cars, is that not trouble.

For now many business is on hold due to the epidemic. Even the oil industry is been affected, so whatever business is out there now is adversely affected by the epidemic.
Transportation business is a very lucrative business, company like young shall grow, God is good motor etc. Companies like these has been around for years . The owners of these companies master the game, not easy but it is a good cash flow business....

Now property business is a long term investment. It's a business you invest and take your mind off. As business man you need cash flow, you need a business that brings in cash and cash is king.

So if you are not ready to take risk and have a cash flow business, it is better to get a regular job like everybody else and any little money you have u can use it to buy land. And from there you continue doing your office job till you retire ....

But if you dont want to live average, you have to come out of your comfort zone and take risk....

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ChidimmaP: 1:14pm On Apr 01, 2020
Felicity0001:

Have you consider selling off this car while you use the proceed to buy a suitable car for the business. I'm sure you will have money left.

You might end up regretting ur decision of using such and expensive car which requires huge money to maintain for ehailing on Nigeria roads.

Many have failed trying it out and that includes me.

Anyways, you can still give it a try if you dont mind. But one thing I'm very sure about is you'll finally sell of that car but by then the value must have depreciated due to the savage from the hustle.

Make the right choice now!

Thanks. I'll consider that
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 1:23pm On Apr 01, 2020
Thanks for d advise. I have a land already in d village. I live in my own house with 2 tenant around LASU iba. What I need right now is a business with daily income that won’t require my presence. Business someone else would handle and pay me daily or weekly.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by abiolag(m): 1:28pm On Apr 01, 2020
xana101:
I’m really thinking of business to do with like 800k to 1m. I’m seriously considering buying a naija used Toyota Corolla 2005 and put on rental at 25k weekly. Guys please do u think I’m ok. If I get a good driver do u think I’ll make my money. Thanks
Keep it till football season begin. Knack am wit 2 odds and when u make 2 million, keep 1.5 and knack 500k for 3 odds. It pays beta than Uber job grin grin
Na joke oo. U’ve been given lots of advices, just sit back and pick d best

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by A305: 1:41pm On Apr 01, 2020
xana101:
I’m really thinking of business to do with like 800k to 1m. I’m seriously considering buying a naija used Toyota Corolla 2005 and put on rental at 25k weekly. Guys please do u think I’m ok. If I get a good driver do u think I’ll make my money. Thanks
Took me about 30 minutes contemplating whether to reply this or not because if it was that easy, you wouldn't even need any one's opinion who isn't an investment banker or broker.

You need to realize that, the kind of investment (financial risk) you willing to take will determine your returns; someone else somewhere might only need just 400k out your 1M to make 1Million plus within a year and another might need your whole 1M to make just 1.1Million within the frame of that samw 1 year.

What really matter is the risk involved, Now have you ever heard of the saying "The rich will always be rich and the poor will always be poor."

Why is that?

This is because the rich invest more in the money market mostly on financial securities such as Bonds, stocks, Mutual funds, Treasury bills, shares etc. Now most times, when the rich gets into some financial challenges , In most cases, his profit alone in the money market is enough to solve the challenge after he had invested for some time.

A poor/struggling person will start looking for loan or selling their properties in time of distress. This is why the rich will always be rich and the poor will always be poor/struggling.

If you not skilled or experienced to trade turning your capital into profit or you don't want to invest in the line of business (Ehailing) you currently in. Then your best option is Mutual funds by Either Stanbic Ibtc, Axa mansard or First bank.

When you invest in mutual funds, Go home and sleep; although the interest percent that determines your returns changes daily but one thing is sure your money is safe and you always making money while you sleeping - Even if the economy is crashing you can't loose your money.

Due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic making people to go haywire panic buying, selling and withdrawing - Ask me who are currently making money as I type this - Yes! You guessed right, Rich people because financial securities especially Mutual funds and Treasury bills interest will automatically be raised.

Landed property is another option but not viable enough sometimes due to some reasons such as location of property , Not easy to find buyer when your need money quickly and it takes years for it to appreciate.

So the ball is in your court and never forget your financial risk determines your profit.

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:44pm On Apr 01, 2020
xana101:

Yes ..you are good

Get a good driver.

But if you really wants to get your capital back with profit...I would Suggest you consider putting it on HP.

All the best

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:47pm On Apr 01, 2020
A305:
Took me about 30 minutes contemplating whether to reply this or not because if it was that easy, you wouldn't even need any one's opinion who isn't an investment banker or broker.

You need to realize that, the kind of investment (financial risk) you willing to take will determine your returns; someone else somewhere might only need just 400k out your 1M to make 1Million plus within a year and another might need your whole 1M to make just 1.1Million within the frame of that samw 1 year.

What really matter is the risk involved, Now have you ever heard of the saying "The rich will always be rich and the poor will always be poor."

Why is that?

This is because the rich invest more in the money market mostly on financial securities such as Bonds, stocks, Mutual funds, Treasury bills, shares etc. Now most times, when this rich guy gets into financial challenges , In most cases, his profit alone in the money market is enough to solve his problem(s).

A poor person will start looking for loan or selling their properties in time of distress. This is why the rich will always be rich and the poor will always be poor/struggling.

If you not skilled or experienced to trade turning your capital into profit or you don't want to invest in the line of business (Ehailing) you currently in. Then your best option is Mutual funds by Either Stanbic Ibtc, Axa mansard or First bank.

When you invest in mutual funds, Go home and sleep; although the interest percent that determines your returns changes daily but one thing is sure your money is safe and you always making money while you sleeping - Even if the economy is crashing you can't loose your money.

Due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic making people to go haywire panic buying, selling and withdrawing - Ask me who are currently making money as I type this - Yes! You guessed right, Rich people because financial securities especially Mutual funds and Treasury bills interest will automatically be raised.

Landed property is another option but not viable enough sometimes due to some reasons such as location of property , Not easy to find buyer when your need money quickly and it takes years for it to appreciate.

So the ball is in your court and never forget your financial risk determines your profit.

Believe me this is not a great time to stock up shares....currently the figures is in decline and will remain so till first quarter of 2022.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 01, 2020
dru23:

For now many business is on hold due to the epidemic. Even the oil industry is been affected, so whatever business is out there now is adversely affected by the epidemic.
Transportation business is a very lucrative business, company like young shall grow, God is good motor etc. Companies like these has been around for years . The owners of these companies master the game, not easy but it is a good cash flow business....

Now property business is a long term investment. It's a business you invest and take your mind off. As business man you need cash flow, you need a business that brings in cash and cash is king.

So if you are not ready to take risk and have a cash flow business, it is better to get a regular job like everybody else and any little money you have u can use it to buy land. And from there you continue doing your office job till you retire ....

But if you dont want to live average, you have to come out of your comfort zone and take risk....

God bless you sir....

U replied that post with all I thought of..

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by A305: 1:54pm On Apr 01, 2020
Vision2045:

Believe me this is not a great time to stock up shares....currently the figures is in decline and will remain so till first quarter of 2021.

Financial security isn't just "shares" sir. I did hammer more on mutual funds and Treasury bills.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 01, 2020
A305:
Financial security isn't just "shares" sir. I did hammer more on mutual funds and Treasury bills.

As you can see...I highlighted shares sir...and I didn't touch other financial securities sir ...am not opposing your advice...I only comment on one of the financial securities u mentioned sir

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by A305: 2:05pm On Apr 01, 2020
Vision2045:

As you can see...I blacked out shares sir...and I didn't touch other financial securities sir ...am not opposing your advice...I only comment on one of the financial securities u mentioned sir
Absolutely, I see that. So technically we on the same page sir.

On the side note - Mutual funds interest percentage changes daily so it's funny how he could earn 1k on his 1M investment one day and earn 3k the next day or maybe more in this coronavirus era.

It all depends on the interest percentage.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 2:05pm On Apr 01, 2020
xana101:
whats else can one do. Don’t know any other biz. Don’t want a biz that would require my presence cos I also drive on Uber and have one other biz I do. Just want to diversify for extra income by the side. If u have a better idea I’ll be glad to learn.
Cryptocurrency trading.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 2:06pm On Apr 01, 2020
dru23:

No one is talking about not taking RISK here my friend. Cos it seems you don't undastand d context of d discourse.

Let me giv you a recap. Using 800k - 1m to buy a second hand car n putting it on Uber / Bolt -- Yes or No....

That's wat we r talking about. So if you HV other alternatives for Xana , go ahead n tag him grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by A305: 2:08pm On Apr 01, 2020
Babadee1900:
Cryptocurrency trading.
I have been doing this since I left school and frankly I can tell you, you leading him towards the wrong path.

I day trade and swing trade so I am talking from experience.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 2:21pm On Apr 01, 2020
Wow, so this thread could be this sane this coro season! Lovely cheesy shocked

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 2:23pm On Apr 01, 2020
A305:
I have been do this since I left school and frankly I can tell you, you leading him towards the wrong path.

I day trade and swing trade so I am talking from experience.
And you think I am not talking from experience before I suggested that to him?

It’s left to him to seek expert advice about any business he wants to venture into.

Financial Investment is all about RISK.

What is your threshold for risk taking?

In life, you win some and lose some. No one in his right senses will put all his/her life savings on a business you know nothing about, even when you know about it it’s still not a wise decision to take.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Xneg: 2:27pm On Apr 01, 2020
xana101:

Instead of going for a used car you're not sure of the condition , send me a mail, I just might have a good offer for you. That's if you think uber is the best business to do.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 2:52pm On Apr 01, 2020
@xana101
A305 gave you the best advice: invest in mutual funds! And there is no better place to take your funds to than StanbicIBTC.

Place your funds in a high yield investment portfolio (they are riskier, but yield higher) and watch your funds grow at 13-20% per annum. In extremely good years, your funds could grow by as much as 25% in 1 year. And, to make it sweet, keep rolling over your yield earnings along with your capital. In 15 years time, we would be talking about several free millions of naira in your account.

Let's crunch some numbers:
(1) If you start out with #800,000 principal in a high yield investment averaging 12% yield every year for 15 years; leaving the capital and yield (interest) untouched; but adding additional #360,000 yearly; you would have your capital of #6.2 million plus accumulated interest of #11.6 million at the end of 15 years.

(2) If you start out with the same #800,000 principal in a high yield investment averaging 15% yield every year for 15 years; leaving the capital and yield (interest) untouched; but adding additional #360,000 yearly; you would have your capital of #6.2 million plus accumulated interest of #17.4 million at the end of 15 years.

Note that both scenarios are conservative. StanbicIBTC is Nigeria's financial markets "market maker," so its book's will never go red. The implication is that its portfolio products will always give the best yields in the country for sometime to come. Only a political upheaval will upturn its current position. Maybe this is the reason Dr. Atedo Peterside refused OBJ's offer of CBN Governorship.

You have the capital. I'm sure you can afford an extra #360,000 deposit every year. StanbicIBTC is there waiting for you.

You are good to go sir.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by NYCnextStop(m): 2:55pm On Apr 01, 2020
A305:

On the side note - Mutual funds interest percentage changes daily so it's funny how he could earn 1k on his 1M investment one day and earn 3k the next day or maybe more in this coronavirus era.

you are very correct on the interest rate.

I have my 500k in Stanbic mutual fund since May 2018 and till now the interest is very minimal

For me I think mutual funds is trash

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 3:20pm On Apr 01, 2020
And yes, mutual funds is not thrash; if you seek expert advice.

2019 figures. Anyone see the 15.54% year-to-date? And that's not even a high yield fund.

I proposed 12% yield every year, on the average. Conservative enough!

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 01, 2020
A305:

You are very correct sir

That's why one can consider it as one line of income and not sole

cos you can't place a budget on the returns. it's perfectly elastic
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 3:44pm On Apr 01, 2020
nitigriti:
@xana101
A305 gave you the best advice: invest in mutual funds! And there is no better place to take your funds to than StanbicIBTC.

Place your funds in a high yield investment portfolio (they are riskier, but yield higher) and watch your funds grow at 13-20% per annum. In extremely good years, your funds could grow by as much as 25% in 1 year. And, to make it sweet, keep rolling over your yield earnings along with your capital. In 15 years time, we would be talking about several free millions of naira in your account.

(1) If you start out with #800,000 principal in a high yield investment averaging 12% yield every year for 15 years; leaving the capital and yield (interest) untouched; but adding additional #360,000 yearly; you would have your capital of #6.2 million plus accumulated interest of #11.6 million at the end of 15 years.

(2) If you start out with the same #800,000 principal in a high yield investment averaging 15% yield every year for 15 years; leaving the capital and yield (interest) untouched; but adding additional #360,000 yearly; you would have your capital of #6.2 million plus accumulated interest of #17.4 million at the end of 15 years.

Note that both scenarios are conservative. StanbicIBTC is Nigeria's financial markets "market maker," so its book's will never go red. The implication is that its portfolio products will always give the best yields in the country for sometime to come. Only a political upheaval will upturn its current position. Maybe this is the reason Dr. Atedo Peterside refused OBJ's offer of CBN Governorship.

You have the capital. I'm sure you can afford an extra #360,000 deposit every year. StanbicIBTC is there waiting for you.

You are good to go sir.
God bless u nitigriti and A305.
Like i adviced earlier on insurance mutual funds.
Seems from your break dwn analysis, i will need to enquire more about the stanbicIBTC policy.
Great idea bro
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunlapapa: 3:45pm On Apr 01, 2020
NYCnextStop:
you are very correct on the interest rate.

I have my 500k in Stanbic mutual fund since May 2018 and till now the interest is very minimal

For me I think mutual funds is trash

It's trash!
This is a screenshot of a small amount invested since August 2019 (8 months) with only 6% profit and that will be the same profit irrespective of the amount. This means 5million will only yield 298,000 for the whole 8 months.
Treasury is a useless investment ATM with lesser than 9%/A.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 3:47pm On Apr 01, 2020
shollywendy1:

Seems from your break dwn analysis, i will need to enquire more about the stanbicIBTC policy.
Great idea bro

God bless you too sir. Just go to StanbicIBTC at VI when all this Coronavirus dust settles and make enquiries about their investment options.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunlapapa: 3:49pm On Apr 01, 2020
nitigriti:
And yes, mutual funds is not thrash; if you seek expert advice.

2019 figures. Anyone see the 15.54% year-to-date? And that's not even a high yield fund.

I proposed 12% yield every year, on the average. Conservative enough!

It was averagely okay not until Nov - Dec last year.
This report states year 2019 but I am sure Nov to Dec is not inclusive. Treasury and mutual both crashed the individuals on treasury purchase.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by A305: 3:53pm On Apr 01, 2020
shollywendy1:

Great idea bro
With Stanbic ibtc you are covered - You only just need to get their app to monitor your daily returns on investment as your money increases NOT much but good for no risk investment.

My first car on Uber was from part of my mutual funds investment.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 3:54pm On Apr 01, 2020
nitigriti:
@xana101

You are good to go sir.
Please can you also highlight the risks involved? Especially in a worst case scenario
Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by A305: 3:59pm On Apr 01, 2020
deedee44:

Please can you also highlight the risks involved? Especially in a worst case scenario
Thanks
Not a single risk, the only risk involved is you not investing - lol - Your money is safe with Stanbic ibtc; Even even the banking system crashes your money is still safe because you dealing with stanbic asset management and NOT stanbic bank, The Stanbic asset management is just a subsidiary of Stanbic ibtc.

When in need if cash, you can liquidate your investment and get back your money within 2 business working days.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 4:02pm On Apr 01, 2020
tunlapapa:

It was averagely okay not until Nov - Dec last year.
This report states year 2019 but I am sure Nov to Dec is not inclusive. Treasury and mutual both crashed the individuals on treasury purchase.

You need to cite references sir. I'm sure yield data would be available on CBN website and the individual banks' year end financial reports.

But that notwithstanding, understand sir that the markets go up and down and that the true yield comes if you have something substantial to put in for the long term. That is how the rich make their money. They stay in the game for the long term. Good examples, Warren Buffet (Berkshire Hathaway), Ray Dalio (Bridgewater Associates).

In my opinion, 8 months is too short a period to judge the performance of a security. And maybe #5,000+ is too small an investment too.

Anywhere in the world, any security that can give you 10-12% sure yield every year is good enough.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 4:04pm On Apr 01, 2020
A305:
With Stanbic ibtc you are covered - You only just need to get their app to monitor your daily returns on investment as your money increases NOT much but good for no risk investment.

My first car on Uber was from part of my mutual funds investment.
I know the rate at which ur money increases depends on how much you invested.
What matters to me is the security and the interest at the end.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 4:04pm On Apr 01, 2020
nitigriti:
@xana101

You are good to go sir.

Boss I love your financial analysis, but it all depend on what you are aiming at. Imaging making a profit of 200 thousand withing a space of a year with 1 million, while some folks will turn that 1 million to 2 million within the space of 8 months investing on land and other business. The business principle I learnt from my boss, is any business that yield beyond 30% profit within a space of a year is leaning on greed. I don't see mutual fund, treasure bills or fix deposit as business, but a safe zone to put away cash one actually don't need. I know of insurance policy you invest 500k and once you r 50 yrs old, they pay you 50k every month till d Mighty one yell cut, I think is under one of Aiico policies. What I am still trying to figure out here is 10/15/20 years from now, what will 50k monthly fill in ones life.

In-btw: if I've bought a dollar of 1 million at 310 and within the space of a month or 2 sell at 400 sometin, thats easy 300k profit in no time. Same goes for bitcon, if you know when to cash in and cash out. As for shares, I don't even want to hear that thing with my ears, outside few shares like Unilever, Nestlé, Guinness which other share is doing better in the hype filled stock market? All these criminals that scammed innocent citizens within the space of 2005/2007 where r deh today? Every public offers, from Transcorp, Daar communication, Intercontinental, UBA, BankPHB, GTB, Dangote Sugar, Japual Oil, Zenith, FCMB, FBN and more just ruin ppl life and use them to big up.

Imagine 500k fix deposit returns 515k in 3 months... U can get Honda civic of 750 and gross 600k in 3 months and still have same car intact, if you r d one driving d car. I'm not saying one should invest in transport business o.

16 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 4:05pm On Apr 01, 2020
deedee44:

Thanks

To be honest, worst case scenario, you loose all your funds! But for that to happen, there has to be some serious political upheaval - like maybe a Civil War!

Or maybe the bank goes bankrupt; which seems not probable.

Even if there is a military coup, your funds should be safe.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2555) (2556) (2557) (2558) (2559) (2560) (2561) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Welz(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.