Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,548 members, 7,837,099 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2560) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4821544 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2557) (2558) (2559) (2560) (2561) (2562) (2563) ... (5707) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 7:31pm On Apr 01, 2020
xana101:
whats else can one do. Don’t know any other biz. Don’t want a biz that would require my presence cos I also drive on Uber and have one other biz I do. Just want to diversify for extra income by the side. If u have a better idea I’ll be glad to learn.
Bro pump that 1m you have into your other business abeg. If that your other business is doing well enough you wont even have the time to drive on uber anymore. Any business not doing well is obviously suffering from lack of fund.

I'm even surprise a fellow driver with experience is asking this kind of question.

You should know better na bro
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 7:46pm On Apr 01, 2020
peeps4u:

Broz, this advice might sound odd. Seems you just want to tie the money down on a good project rather than spending it anyhow.

Why dont you buy land and forget it?

Not necessary in lagos, you might buy in your village/home town and just forget it.

You already drive on the platform and have anothe side job,

Good luck.

To some large extent I really want to disagree to this notion of not going into a business one dont know anything about.

As a matter of concern, is there anyone that comes into this life with a particular knowledge? Even a genius came to this world with nothing. Albert Einstein tried 999times, meaning you need to try something new, while you proceed and advance from mistakes and lessons learnt.

If this notion is true then every successful business men and women today would have had a breakthrough immediately after starting their business and a minimum of 5yrs wouldnt have been stated for profit margin.

I would like to say more but let me stop here first.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:11pm On Apr 01, 2020
NYCnextStop:
you are very correct on the interest rate.

I have my 500k in Stanbic mutual fund since May 2018 and till now the interest is very minimal

For me I think mutual funds is trash
Alakoba!!!
Parol dolla!!!

Chia!!!
grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:25pm On Apr 01, 2020
nitigriti:

You need to cite references sir. I'm sure yield data would be available on CBN website and the individual banks' year end financial reports.

But that notwithstanding, understand sir that the markets go up and down and that the true yield comes if you have something substantial to put in for the long term. That is how the rich make their money. They stay in the game for the long term. Good examples, Warren Buffet (Berkshire Hathaway), Ray Dalio (Bridgewater Associates).

In my opinion, 8 months is too short a period to judge the performance of a security. And maybe #5,000+ is too small an investment too.

Anywhere in the world, any security that can give you 10-12% sure yield every year is good enough.
Then, dont you think such business or investment isnt good for a poor man? Unless you want to tell me a man that has 1m to invest on mutual whatever is a rich man.

Like dru23 rightly mention, a real business man does a cash flow business.

You re talking about a business with such large capital and with long duration, and even additional capital reinvestment fund. How do you expect such a poor man to survive within this 15yrs duration you just mention? Doing uber driving while waiting to be a millionaire after 15yrs??

Nnbanu! I disagree with you in this.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by seyema(m): 8:29pm On Apr 01, 2020
AngryIgboMan:
There is no bigger business or investment in Nigeria right now than spending the money on yourself. Yes. You heard me right. Spend the money on yourself. Its better you look at yourself in months and see the effect of the money than invest it in one nonsense that is bound to fail. At least you will look fresh and wear nice things.

In Nigeria from the moment you try to set up a business, everybody will start hustling you. From your contractors to your managers down to the dealers themselves! All of them see you as the gateway to their imaginary billions!

You see most of these so called businesses you think that are successful? If they tell you what they really do behind to succeed and stay afloat, you will choose to remain poor. Am not talking about rituals or any form of diabolic thing. Nope. Thats nonsense. Am talking about the real realities of staying afloat in a hostile business environment like Nigeria. You have to be mean, ruthless and evil to succeed.

I wouldn't know how to explain this further. Strong Cartels know better.

Most people here forming jack of all trade in one business or the other don't know jack. All they know is fantansies and utopian mega successes.

In Nigeria, what most people know is how to give you juicy business proposals because you are willing to bankroll it. If you are observant, they are usually nice and sweet at the beginning. They will show you all the upsides of the proposed business without showing you the downsides.

But once they succeed in separating you from your money, the real demon in them will come out. Stories here and there. Mistakes here and there. Losses here and there. Ask them why they didn't see and state all these in the proposal they brought before. They will be looking at you like morrons.

Nigerians are very terrible in keeping promises. They take a lot of things for granted. Thats the reason why a morron will approach you to take your car and drive on Uber, wreck it in 2 weeks and still be looking at you like an imbeccile without any purpose in life.

The worst mistake you can make in business in Nigeria is to LEAVE IT TO SOMEONE TO MANAGE. It will take a very special grace and anointing to get a focused, determined person that is willing to work with you long term. Most human beings especially Nigerians are wired to be Wicked, Evil, Self Centred, Greedy and Covetous. All they know about is themselves.

I have had a friend that opened a restaurant business in Owerri. Months in Months out, losses will be turning in. I told him to mount CCTV without his workers knowing. What he discovered shocked him. Everyday, almost all his workers came with there coolers and were carting away food to feed themselves and their families. They did this in collusion with the manager who was sleeping with most of the girls there. So, how will he talk?

I wanted to suggest to him to use Gamalin 20 or Corrosive aerosols to poison them so they will die gradually. But I was serving God then. That was how this business went down.

So to the brother that has 800k, I will advise you to go and keep that money in your bank account. If you even try to buy a Nigerian used car, they may heartlessly sell a melon or snake oil to you that will pack up in months.

If you dont have any solid business idea you can establish and be managing yourself, take that money and spend on yourself. Everyday withdraw 5k and go and eat cat fish peppersoup and Nkwobi with better palm wine. Its a better investment.

When I made similar money that you have though mine is higher, I ran away immediately and setup a fish farm with 4 GEPPEE Tanks. I have enough fish that will last me for the next 10 years if I manage it well.

This quarantine period, I simply quarantine 3 catfish into my stomach everyday with 3 bottles of Gulder. What else can I ask God?

#BossLife

Maad o!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:51pm On Apr 01, 2020
pope191:

... I'll encourage newly married couples to run such acct for like a year before giving birth to Felicity, but life can b funny, if u know what I mean.

Pope you call my name, I was sleeping before.

As I wake I read the line 3x I no understand, I go smoke read am again I still didnt understand.

Any problem??

Let me leave this to you all to ponder about.
How many kids took after their rich parents despite all the wealth and good education?

Hey! Dont get it twisted. Do your best for your kids but it doesnt change the fact, its God that makes men not what their parent left or did for them.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:05pm On Apr 01, 2020
confusedworld17:

Abeg make peace reign.

Wot ya say... We r just out here to have fun cheesy

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:06pm On Apr 01, 2020
Felicity0001:

As I wake I read the line 3x I no understand, I go smoke read am again I still didnt understand.

Any problem??

How many kids took after their rich parents despite all the wealth and good education?

Hey! Dont get it twisted. Do your best for your kids but it doesnt change the fact, its God that makes men not what their parent left or did for them.

Take another wrap boss, it can only get clearer

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:28pm On Apr 01, 2020
pope191:

Wot ya say... We r just out here to have fun cheesy
How are we sure you re not having "fun" with those lovely and beautiful virgin sisters that called themselves "sisters" abi na mothers of Mary they call them.

In the flip side.

Angryman just burst my ribs with laughter with his recent post giving us insight he's coming back to the street again just like I predicted some months ago.

The truth is, doimg a business in Nigeria and succeding is not easy at all. Even I myself I'm facing similar issue roght now with my farm. You cant find anyone you can trust to entrust anything to while you do other things in this country. Can imagine a land I sent N150k to brush one stupid manager was telling me to post another N80k for packing since some area didnt burn well. Like I'm plunking money on trees here in Lagos. This same attitude is how we in Nigeria sees every of our relatives or friends abroad.

To me ooo... Best place to invest your money in this country is agriculture but first, have a huge capital, acquire the knowledge, gather the experience then see how you rise within 5-10years.

Everybody on planet earth eats, so the market is always available.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 10:00pm On Apr 01, 2020
Felicity0001:

Any problem??

he said newly couple should set up that account before having a felicity. As in, felicity = a child. Inside life!

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by NYCnextStop(m): 10:02pm On Apr 01, 2020
Felicity0001:

Alakoba!!!
Parol dolla!!!

Chia!!!
grin
lolz

This man... I go like meet you for udu road someday
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:11pm On Apr 01, 2020
Felicity0001:

How are we sure you re not having "fun" with those lovely and beautiful virgin sisters that called themselves "sisters" abi na mothers of Mary they call them.

In the flip side.

Angryman just burst my ribs with laughter with his recent post giving us insight he's coming back to the street again just like I predicted some months ago.

The truth is, doimg a business in Nigeria and succeding is not easy at all. Even I myself I'm facing similar issue roght now with my farm. You cant find anyone you can trust to entrust anything to while you do other things in this country. Can imagine a land I sent N150k to brush one stupid manager was telling me to post another N80k for packing since some area didnt burn well. Like I'm plunking money on trees here in Lagos. This same attitude is how we in Nigeria sees every of our relatives or friends abroad.

To me ooo... Best place to invest your money in this country is agriculture but first, have a huge capital, acquire the knowledge, gather the experience then see how you rise within 5-10years.

Everybody on planet earth eats, so the market is always available.

I dig, but investment is relative and what u set out to achieve. If we go by logic, r u saying ur madam is making a mistake? One thing we fail to understand in certain cases is u may try 20 tins and succeed in 1, thats ur legacy.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:14pm On Apr 01, 2020
NYCnextStop:
lolz

This man... I go like meet you for udu road someday
Thanks my gee6. How about make we meet for PTI junction. Or better still Ernereh junction tomorrow by 6-7pm.
grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:18pm On Apr 01, 2020
1daboi:
he said newly couple should set up that account before having a felicity. As in, felicity = a child. Inside life!
U dis guy u don come again ba? This time what did you come with, a nose jar, alcohol base sanitizer or a hand glove because I'll make sure I box u to death this time around but will make it "slow" since I've isolation time.

A day per round
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:20pm On Apr 01, 2020
pope191:

I dig, but investment is relative and what u set out to achieve. If we go by logic, r u saying ur madam is making a mistake? One thing we fail to understand in certain cases is u may try 20 tins and succeed in 1, thats ur legacy.
Fortunately for you, your wife happens to be my madam. grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by searchng4love: 10:29pm On Apr 01, 2020
Felicity0001:

Why are you this unfortunate? Someone is talking sense into your head FoC ... you're insulting his wife...are you alright?

15 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:30pm On Apr 01, 2020
AngryIgboMan:
There is no bigger business or investment in Nigeria right now than spending the money on yourself. Yes. You heard me right. Spend the money on yourself. Its better you look at yourself in months and see the effect of the money than invest it in one nonsense that is bound to fail. At least you will look fresh and wear nice things.

In Nigeria from the moment you try to set up a business, everybody will start hustling you. From your contractors to your managers down to the dealers themselves! All of them see you as the gateway to their imaginary billions!

You see most of these so called businesses you think that are successful? If they tell you what they really do behind to succeed and stay afloat, you will choose to remain poor. Am not talking about rituals or any form of diabolic thing. Nope. Thats nonsense. Am talking about the real realities of staying afloat in a hostile business environment like Nigeria. You have to be mean, ruthless and evil to succeed.

Most people here forming jack of all trade in one business or the other don't know jack. All they know is fantansies and utopian mega successes.

In Nigeria, what most people know is how to give you juicy business proposals because you are willing to bankroll it. If you are observant, they are usually nice and sweet at the beginning. They will show you all the upsides of the proposed business without showing you the downsides.

But once they succeed in separating you from your money, the real demon in them will come out. Stories here and there. Mistakes here and there. Losses here and there. Ask them why they didn't see and state all these in the proposal they brought before. They will be looking at you like morrons.

Nigerians are very terrible in keeping promises. They take a lot of things for granted. Thats the reason why a morron will approach you to take your car and drive on Uber, wreck it in 2 weeks and still be looking at you like an imbeccile without any purpose in life.

The worst mistake you can make in business in Nigeria is to LEAVE IT TO SOMEONE TO MANAGE. It will take a very special grace and anointing to get a focused, determined person that is willing to work with you long term. Most human beings especially Nigerians are wired to be Wicked, Evil, Self Centred, Greedy and Covetous. All they know about is themselves.

I have had a friend that opened a restaurant business in Owerri. Months in Months out, losses will be turning in. I told him to mount CCTV without his workers knowing. What he discovered shocked him. Everyday, almost all his workers came with there coolers and were carting away food to feed themselves and their families. They did this in collusion with the manager who was sleeping with most of the girls there. So, how will he talk?

I wanted to suggest to him to use Gamalin 20 or Corrosive aerosols to poison them so they will die gradually. But I was serving God then. That was how this business went down.

So to the brother that has 800k, I will advise you to go and keep that money in your bank account. If you even try to buy a Nigerian used car, they may heartlessly sell a melon or snake oil to you that will pack up in months.

If you dont have any solid business idea you can establish and be managing yourself, take that money and spend on yourself. Everyday withdraw 5k and go and eat cat fish peppersoup and Nkwobi with better palm wine. Its a better investment.

When I made similar money that you have though mine is higher, I ran away immediately and setup a fish farm with 4 GEPPEE Tanks. I have enough fish that will last me for the next 10 years if I manage it well.

This quarantine period, I simply quarantine 3 catfish into my stomach everyday with 3 bottles of Gulder. What else can I ask God?

#BossLife

What else can you ask God? You mean Satan? grin

If you had advised your friend to poison his thieving employees with Gamalin 20 or Corrosive Aerosols, trust me, your friend would still be at Alagbon or Kiri-Kiri till today.

And - as his Senior Special Adviser on Poison Matters, you would be implicated. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 10:30pm On Apr 01, 2020
Felicity0001:

Ha!!! na only hunger oooh... Make I forward my details

grin

Where you go hide?
Hope you're indoor?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 10:34pm On Apr 01, 2020
AngryIgboMan:

#BossLife

He never disappoints.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:35pm On Apr 01, 2020
Felicity0001:

If u burn grass, e go b like say u don know enough, but person wey understand know say d drug to drown sorrow nah attitude & reflection... All I can say to u my Oga b say make u take em jeje, you see this life? Nah game and the pathetic part about em be say, e no get reset.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 10:42pm On Apr 01, 2020
Felicity0001:

U dis guy u don come again ba? This time what did you come with, a nose jar, alcohol base sanitizer or a hand glove because I'll make sure I box u to death this time around but will make it "slow" since I've isolation time.

A day per round
person yab you. I even dey vex for pope but its alright I take the blame.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 10:44pm On Apr 01, 2020
AngryIgboMan:

#BossLife

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 10:52pm On Apr 01, 2020
Felicity0001:

pope, forgive am. Everybody know say d guy no dey reason fine. Just trash and let's move on

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:53pm On Apr 01, 2020
1daboi:
Round 1 just ended. Youve been knocked out!

@pope abeg channel that your advice to that guy searching4love d guy need am well well no b lie.

@calabardick; if you see d way I take chain my door with padlock enh even Jack B no go fit break am. grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 10:59pm On Apr 01, 2020
Felicity0001:

Round 1 just ended. Youve been knocked out!

@pope abeg channel that your advice to that guy searching4love d guy need am well well no b lie.

@calabardick; if you see d way I take chain my door with padlock enh even Jack B no go fit break am. grin
felicity giving his opinion

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 11:00pm On Apr 01, 2020
Felicity0001:

Hahahahahahahahhahahahsha....
Odikwa very safe my brother.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 11:13pm On Apr 01, 2020
1daboi:
felicity giving his opinion
Hahaha... This is so funny.... Hahaha hahaha
For you to spend company's money to interview a goat.
Tell me, between you and the goat who is wiser now?

Haha Haha.

I've washed my hands off your case...no hope for your foolishness anymore grin

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gnykelly(m): 11:13pm On Apr 01, 2020
any investment you put your money into that the yield doesn't exceed YTD interest rate is loss.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 11:14pm On Apr 01, 2020
calabardick:

Hahahahahahahahhahahahsha....
Odikwa very safe my brother.
Thank you my brother.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:30pm On Apr 01, 2020
1daboi:

Boss how u take reach conclusion, u know I should not b responsible for ur understanding. Same thing u read, nah em Shollywendy read, even Felicity read em too and he no talk say I yab em

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 11:52pm On Apr 01, 2020
pope191:

Boss how u take reach conclusion, u know I should not b responsible for ur understanding. Same thing u read, nah em Shollywendy read, even Felicity read em too and he no talk say I yab em
na sit home cause am boss. Abeg pour me holy water

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by A305: 6:19am On Apr 02, 2020
Felicity0001:

To some large extent I really want to disagree to this notion of not going into a business one dont know anything about.

As a matter of concern, is there anyone that comes into this life with a particular knowledge? Even a genius came to this world with nothing. Albert Einstein tried 999times, meaning you need to try something new, while you proceed and advance from mistakes and lessons learnt.

If this notion is true then every successful business men and women today would have had a breakthrough immediately after starting their business and a minimum of 5yrs wouldnt have been stated for profit margin.

I would like to say more but let me stop here first.
I know this is irrelevant but I just want to feel intelligent for once.

It wasn't Albert Einstein that tried 999 times, Albert mistakes were minimal and were mostly discovered and corrected by his wife Meliva Maric, Infact, Einstein's wife was smarter than him, she did all the writing in theory for him and also helped solved most of the mathematical equations that arouse Albert Einstein's curiosity that will later lead him to make sense of it in the real world(using the universe) which he actually did sucessfully, hence, making Einstein the genius.

Nobody acknowledged or gave credit to his wife Meliva, All people knew was Albert the genius did everything.

When young Einstein got his fame from his new found genius status for outsmarting Newton's theory, he was getting invitation to give lectures in universities all over Europe, local man couldnt resist women, he loved women and had (hoes at every area code) in Europe, although women were naturally attracted to him due to his look and status.

This broke Meliva's heart and so their marriage couldn't work as Einstein fell out of love with her but she wouldn't agree to a divorce so guess what Einstein did.

Albert promised her his Noble prize award along with the money if she agrees to a divorce, She did agreed and when Einstein won the award, the award as well as all the money went to Meliva.

So man, the guy whom you actually referring to was Thomas Edison, Thomas was the guy who tried 999 times in attempt for an invention and made mistakes every time but the 1000th time was when he finally invented the light bulb.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2557) (2558) (2559) (2560) (2561) (2562) (2563) ... (5707) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: ReadaDream(m), dckng16(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.