Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,969 members, 7,817,843 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2576) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4751926 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2573) (2574) (2575) (2576) (2577) (2578) (2579) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Galil: 12:05pm On Apr 09, 2020
jendy36:

Okay. Do you do Uber with the BMW?
No
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BlueBeard(m): 12:17pm On Apr 09, 2020
xana101:
bro for ur own good don’t near bmw or Passat. The mechanic are not much. I had a personal experience. U can risk Benz. Corolla don cast. I use Corolla though I’m thinking of selling it to get a c class Benz. Trying to park somewhere the security man just come out and shout “ Uber! Don’t park there ooo” i just weak.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jonaifame22(m): 1:11pm On Apr 09, 2020
eghuan1:
I was robbed today at gbagada by 7:45pm. They broke my windows and took a phone from my rider.

Guys be careful out there o
bro so sorry for your loss, i hope you've recouped your loss, I can see from that picture that ur car is an Honda city,pls what's your experience with Honda city for uber is it pleasurable, and a reliable car for the job,thanks for your anticipated response

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Godstime234: 1:21pm On Apr 09, 2020
good afternoon house, if you need a driver to deliver a car for you to any part of the country , I am available.
if you also need a driver to drive you to anywhere in d country either with your car or mine. kindly contact me 0n 07086382357. thank you.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eghuan1(m): 1:35pm On Apr 09, 2020
jonaifame22:
bro so sorry for your loss, i hope you've recouped your loss, I can see from that picture that ur car is an Honda city,pls what's your experience with Honda city for uber is it pleasurable, and a reliable car for the job,thanks for your anticipated response

Thanks for your concerns.

Yeah I used Honda city 2008 model. To me, one of the best cars for the job (just prepare to change linkages regularly sha).

I don't do the job again so I have sold the car to invest somewhere else.

But if you get a good sound one, you will enjoy it.

If its automatic, find good gear oil to use and make sure you change the gear oil regularly too (if possible, every two months).

Best of luck

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jonaifame22(m): 1:45pm On Apr 09, 2020
eghuan1:

Thanks for your concerns.

Yeah I used Honda city 2008 model. To me, one of the best cars for the job (just prepare to change linkages regularly sha).

I don't do the job again so I have sold the car to invest somewhere else.

But if you get a good sound one, you will enjoy it.

If its automatic, find good gear oil to use and make sure you change the gear oil regularly too (if possible, every two months).

Best of luck
thank you sir,may God bless you sir for the timely response,pls what are linkages and how much does it cost to change it and also what gear oil do you use and how much is it sold and where it can be gotten,and also a place one cld ahonda city i intend getting after the lockdown,and lastly is it a bery fast car or jus average in terms of speed,bless you sir

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 3:40pm On Apr 09, 2020
jonaifame22:
thank you sir,may God bless you sir for the timely response,pls what are linkages and how much does it cost to change it and also what gear oil do you use and how much is it sold and where it can be gotten,and also a place one cld ahonda city i intend getting after the lockdown,and lastly is it a bery fast car or jus average in terms of speed,bless you sir
Guy this your questions are getting too much. If you want to get a car do that and stop all these childish enquires online. Its been over 2 weeks now

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jonaifame22(m): 3:42pm On Apr 09, 2020
Felicity0001:

Guy this your questions are getting too much. If you want to get a car do that and stop all these childish enquires online. Its been over 2 weeks now
my questions were not directed at you,thank you for your concerns all the same

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by searchng4love: 4:37pm On Apr 09, 2020
Felicity0001:

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jaymejate: 4:38pm On Apr 09, 2020
Hi everyone,
How do I get the Lagos institute of driving certificate. Also since I am getting the driver's license for the first time, can I use the temporary one.

More clarifications would be appreciated.

Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 4:42pm On Apr 09, 2020
Felicity0001:

Haha

Please stop using this thing, it always makes me laugh like a mad man
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunlapapa: 4:47pm On Apr 09, 2020
jaymejate:
Hi everyone,

An advise for a JJC on HP would be appreciated too.
Thanks

Let me believe you have not taken more than you can chew. There are some work descriptions that require experience and going on HP requires that.
I pray you will be able to complete your payment without HBP and sleepless nights.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 5:02pm On Apr 09, 2020
tunlapapa:

Let me believe you have not taken more than you can chew. There are some work descriptions that require experience and going on HP requires that.
I pray you will be able to complete your payment without HBP and sleepless nights.
This guy... You're a savage...lol

A JJC on HP

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 5:03pm On Apr 09, 2020
peeps4u:

Please stop using this thing, it always makes me laugh like a mad man
Ok sir, sorry sir permit me to use it for the last time sir.

1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 5:04pm On Apr 09, 2020
[quote author=searchng4love post=88263860][/quote]

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by searchng4love: 5:05pm On Apr 09, 2020

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 5:06pm On Apr 09, 2020
Felicity0001:

That's a good way to aviod being scammed by those thieves but pump will always have the displayed amount previously sold so until the nozzle is taken off and ready to repump then it's starts reading from 0:00
they should input it manually
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eghuan1(m): 5:17pm On Apr 09, 2020
jonaifame22:

I don't particularly know where to buy one but if you check jiji.com, I'm sure you'll see some.

Linkages are used to support the cars stability, they should be 2-3k for the two.

As per the gear oil, since I was using the car frequently, I was changing the gear oil more frequent than usual. I used Matex ATF which was sold at 3k for 4L keg.

As per the speed of the car, I don't know how you drive so can't say whether the car is fast because me driving at 100km/hr is pretty slow for me, but for someone else, that's fast.

The car is a pretty small car with 1.5L engine. If you're speed junkie like me, that's not the car for you. But if you need a fuel efficient, small saloon with good maintenance costs, then you can use it.

Its a very fuel efficient car.

Other cars in its category are Toyota Yaris, Kia Rio and Hyundai Accent. But anytime, I will still go for the Honda City

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jaymejate: 5:44pm On Apr 09, 2020
tunlapapa:

Okay, since that's the only thing you can spot in my post, let's focus on it. Why did you say blood pressure? I believe it could be because of the model of the business one is right?

Any more explanations? How much do you think a first time will make the first month (without pressure)?

Coker007, any suggestions?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 09, 2020
jaymejate:

Okay, since that's the only thing you can spot in my post, let's focus on it. Why did you say blood pressure? I believe it could be because of the model of the business one is right?

Any more explanations? How much do you think a first time will make the first month (without pressure)?

Coker007, any suggestions?
Hello ☺️ (it's wierd you asked for my suggestion, but what the hell?)
The way I see it, you're going in only for the money and in doing so you're ignoring a lot of factors. I want to believe you can drive very well even though this is your first time of collecting a driver's licence.
Even with that said, driving on hp requires you go the extra in order to pay off the hirer and enjoy the car for as little time as you can,and I'm sure local man would like rest but unless you're badly in need of weekly cash and you're highly self motivated i'd say go for it
And also I don't think Uber or bolt would accept you as a driver without a valid permanent drivers license
P.S : the money you would be expecting to make in a month is highly dependable on luck and how smart you are in choosing locations
I'd advise you read up post from Angryigboman (dude is very informative and detailed) also watch out for post quoting him also.
Best of luck☺️
Lest i forget you can get your driver's institute license at the lastma office in oshodi after the lockdown .

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 6:11pm On Apr 09, 2020
You can also follow us by following our page on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/B-Automobile-Nigeria-Limited-113169980343117/

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jaymejate: 6:27pm On Apr 09, 2020
coker007:

The way I see it, you're going in only for the money and in doing so you're ignoring a lot of factors. I want to believe you can drive very well even though this is your first time of collecting a driver's licence.
Even with that said, driving on hp requires you go the extra in order to pay off the hirer and enjoy the car for as little time as you can,and I'm sure local man would like rest but unless you're badly in need of weekly cash and you're highly self motivated i'd say go for it
And also I don't think Uber or bolt would accept you as a driver without a valid permanent drivers license
P.S : the money you would be expecting to make in a month is highly dependable on luck and how smart you are in choosing locations
I'd advise you read up post from Angryigboman (dude is very informative and detailed) also watch out for post quoting him also.
Best of luck☺️
Lest i forget you can get your driver's institute license at the lastma office in oshodi after the lockdown .

Thank you very much. You nailed it.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 6:37pm On Apr 09, 2020
coker007:

Best of luck☺️
If You have the temporary (the paper/laminated) you're also good to go.
Mind you, that one has an expiring date so there's need to always upload the one with up to date till the plastic one is out.

I really dont think there's anything like permanent DL since it comes with expiring date.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 09, 2020
Felicity0001:

If You have the temporary (the paper/laminated) you're also good to go.
Mind you, that one has an expiring date so there's need to always upload the one with up to date till the plastic one is out.

I really dont think there's anything like permanent DL since it comes with expiring date.
Me too
But it's been the vernacular ever since I've heard of a driver's licence so what can local man do?☺️
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jonaifame22(m): 6:58pm On Apr 09, 2020
eghuan1:

I don't particularly know where to buy one but if you check jiji.com, I'm sure you'll see some.

Linkages are used to support the cars stability, they should be 2-3k for the two.

As per the gear oil, since I was using the car frequently, I was changing the gear oil more frequent than usual. I used Matex ATF which was sold at 3k for 4L keg.

As per the speed of the car, I don't know how you drive so can't say whether the car is fast because me driving at 100km/hr is pretty slow for me, but for someone else, that's fast.

The car is a pretty small car with 1.5L engine. If you're speed junkie like me, that's not the car for you. But if you need a fuel efficient, small saloon with good maintenance costs, then you can use it.

Its a very fuel efficient car.

Other cars in its category are Toyota Yaris, Kia Rio and Hyundai Accent. But anytime, I will still go for the Honda City
God bless you sir
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 7:20pm On Apr 09, 2020
coker007:

Me too
But it's been the vernacular ever since I've heard of a driver's licence so what can local man do?☺️
You seems to have some verse knowledge on ehailing.

What happened to your previous car na
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 7:25pm On Apr 09, 2020
Vehicle Exhaust Colors And What They Mean

Color plays important role in both driving and auto maintenance. Just as when driving gren means go or good, yellow mean caution or slow and red means stop or danger. Just like we discussed the importance of your dashboard lightings and their level of importance, so what does the color of your vehicle exhaust means?

Here is a list of four (4) different exhaust colors and what they could mean(This is mainly for gasoline engines)

1. Light or Thin White Exhaust Smoke
This is consider normal to most Nigerian car owners or drivers, when the exhaust coming from the tail pipe of your vehicle is light or thin white. This is just mainly water vapor. You will notice it when you first start your vehicle, especially on cold days. The reason for this exhaust is that condensation collects naturally in the exhaust system.This common in all gasoline vehicles.

2. Blue or Gray Exhaust Smoke
This is not normal for any vehicle to have an exhaust blue/gray smoke coming from the tail pipe. This type of exhaust usually indicates that you have an oil leak and the engine is burning oil. Most likely caused byan oil leak, such as worn cylinder wall, leaking valve seal, or damaged piston rings.

When you have blue smoke at acceleration, the problem is most likely with the piston rings.

If its during acceleration, the blue smoke like indicates that the cylinder head valve guides are damaged.

In either case your auto technician attention is needed for proper diagnosis

3. Black Exhaust

This is another bad indicator for your vehicle. Black smoke indicates that your vehicle is burning too much fuel. Several things could cause this to happen, like a blocked manifold, clogged air filter, a malfunctioning fuel injector system, amongst many other possible problems.

4. Continual, Thick White/Gray Exhaust Smoke

A continual stream of white/gray colored exhaust smoke from the tail pipe of your vehicle is not normal and likely means you have a leaking Head gasket. Which is making the coolant making its way into the combustion chambers and blown out the exhaust as the engine starts. In conclusion this is an indicator of overheated engine.
Another possible cause will be a craked cylinder head or block, both of which are serious problems that needs correcting right away.

Ignoring any sign coming from your exhaust could result in very expensive damage.

We just dont repair, we care.

B-Automobile Nigeria Limited

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 10:37am On Apr 10, 2020
Good friday!

If not for this lockdown, we would've cashed out today, tomorrow and Easter Sunday and monday. Chai! Even uche is counting his losses

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 10:48am On Apr 10, 2020
1daboi:
Good friday!

If not for this lockdown, we would've cashed out today, tomorrow and Easter Sunday and monday. Chai! Even uche is counting his losses
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 10:53am On Apr 10, 2020
So yesterday I decided to check on my car after 3weeks quarantine shocked. As I opened my bonnet, what I saw shook me! Didn't know rats have been partying on my Engine. They used the spark plug area as their toilet. They even brought fish bone and all manner of bones and papers, leaves. I was scared that they might have eaten some wirings but as I crancked the engine of my darling sexy Chevy, it came alive once! I was relieved.
Please y'all should go check ur cars o. These rats are not practising social distancing o.
@gazzuz, @radautoworks, @blackbishop and all, what's the best way to avoid this from happening?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 11:03am On Apr 10, 2020
1daboi:
So yesterday I decided to check on my car after 3weeks quarantine shocked. As I opened my bonnet, what I saw shook me! Didn't know rats have been partying on my Engine. They used the spark plug area as their toilet. They even brought fish bone and all manner of bones and papers, leaves. I was scared that they might have eaten some wirings but as I crancked the engine of my darling sexy Chevy, it came alive once! I was relieved.
Please y'all should go check ur cars o. These rats are not practising social distancing o.
@gazzuz, @radautoworks, @blackbishop and all, what's the best way to avoid this from happening?

No be strange thing for many people.
You may need to buy rat poison and put in strategic places in your engine. There is one rat poison like trebor with a strong foul odour, I dont know its name. It kills rats more than anything.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 12:09pm On Apr 10, 2020
1daboi:
Lol... So na now u know say car engine is the most favorable place for rodents?? They like it a lot. As a matter of fact most cars from Europe comes along with imported rodents in the engine.

One of the reasons you always need to warm up your car daily or every 2 days if your car is parked for a long time.

But as for me since the lockdown I always drive around my residence every evening to keep my engine warm and other part of the car in good shape so i dont have problem when work resumes.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2573) (2574) (2575) (2576) (2577) (2578) (2579) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Itsrm(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.