Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2577) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4756980 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2574) (2575) (2576) (2577) (2578) (2579) (2580) ... (5692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 12:44pm On Apr 10, 2020
1daboi:
So yesterday I decided to check on my car after 3weeks quarantine shocked. As I opened my bonnet, what I saw shook me! Didn't know rats have been partying on my Engine. They used the spark plug area as their toilet. They even brought fish bone and all manner of bones and papers, leaves. I was scared that they might have eaten some wirings but as I crancked the engine of my darling sexy Chevy, it came alive once! I was relieved.
Please y'all should go check ur cars o. These rats are not practising social distancing o.
@gazzuz, @radautoworks, @blackbishop and all, what's the best way to avoid this from happening?

First I don laff tire here with your detailed narration.
Ok to the solution, there is plastic cover for the bottom part of the engine that keeps such rodents out of the engine, but due to bad road and gbas gbos of the bottom part most of this cover don commot, and most times your road side mechanic when they help you to service your car they never bother to replace the cover all bcuz they felt it's a job for them to be removing and replacing it at every lube service dey do. Just get the engine cover and you re good to go

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 1:23pm On Apr 10, 2020
1daboi:
Good friday!

If not for this lockdown, we would've cashed out today, tomorrow and Easter Sunday and monday. Chai! Even uche is counting his losses

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 3:09pm On Apr 10, 2020
1daboi:
Good friday!

If not for this lockdown, we would've cashed out today, tomorrow and Easter Sunday and monday. Chai! Even uche is counting his losses

As in...but health first sha

Judging from sanwo olu house to house active case search starting next week that indicate the lock down will be extended...

Local man is tired

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Skolex(m): 4:01pm On Apr 10, 2020
Pls who has gone to ajah....
How was it
I mean road blocks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 4:10pm On Apr 10, 2020
Skolex:
How was it
I mean road blocks

Am interested too. Been in prison here. Need to go home
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 4:41pm On Apr 10, 2020
1daboi:
So yesterday I decided to check on my car after 3weeks quarantine shocked. As I opened my bonnet, what I saw shook me! Didn't know rats have been partying on my Engine. They used the spark plug area as their toilet. They even brought fish bone and all manner of bones and papers, leaves. I was scared that they might have eaten some wirings but as I crancked the engine of my darling sexy Chevy, it came alive once! I was relieved.
Please y'all should go check ur cars o. These rats are not practising social distancing
@gazzuz, @radautoworks, @blackbishop and all, what's the best way to avoid this from happening?
Soak your engine with sniper and thank me later grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 5:07pm On Apr 10, 2020
Very few view this thread now adays but I would still shoot my shot☺️

If you're interested in partnering up with a driver on bolt I'm available for rentals.
Kindly quote me ☺️
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 5:17pm On Apr 10, 2020
Skolex:
How was it
I mean road blocks
Road be like those roads to sambasa forest

1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 5:19pm On Apr 10, 2020
coker007:
Very few view this thread now adays
Most of them dont have subscription again.
gringringrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by loba18: 5:41pm On Apr 10, 2020
jendy36:

Okay. Do you do Uber with the BMW?

Maybe 318i
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 6:16pm On Apr 10, 2020
coker007:
Very few view this thread now adays but I would still shoot my shot☺️

If you're interested in partnering up with a driver on bolt I'm available for rentals.
Kindly quote me ☺️

Are you ready to start work now? grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 6:26pm On Apr 10, 2020
Sensors

We will be talking about car sensors, fault and possible cause and solutions.
Almost all modern car engines use a lot of different car sensors to gather the right information to calculate a perfect air fuel mixture for the best fuel economy in all situations.

The Intake Air Temperature
The intake air temperature sensor measures the air temperature flowing into your car’s cylinders through the intake pipes. It is often integrated with your MAF sensor, but it can also be externally fitted on your intake pipes, at the manifold or close to the air filter box.

A failed Intake Air Temperature Sensor will give some of these problems.

1. Poor fuel economy
2. Affects EGR valve
3. Hard cold start condition
4. Drop in acceleration

Possible OBDII code are P0112 or P0113

Solution.
Replace the IAT sensor or check the harness to be sure of no damaged harness.

B-Automobile Nigeria Limited

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 6:32pm On Apr 10, 2020
deedee44:

Soak your engine with sniper and thank me later grin
come enter heaven make I see grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 12:05am On Apr 11, 2020
The O2 Sensor

The O2 sensors measure the oxygen in the exhaust gases coming from the engine. You do normally have two or more O2 sensors. You have one in front of the catalytic converter and one behind the catalytic converter. The front sensor measures the oxygen and adjusts the fuel mixture from it. The rear sensor is just a diagnostic-sond for the P0420 code. If you have a V-engine you do often have two O2 sensors per bank (Cylinder 1-3-5 and 2-4-6 etc).

Possible Causes of a bad O2 Sensors

* Faulty O2 sensor
* Faulty electrical connectors

After some Miles on the car ODO meter you are mandated by the car company to change the sensors, which varies from car brands.

Possible Issues with bad O2 Sensors

* Check engine light
* Possible higher than normal fuel consumption.

We Nigerians tend to overlook this issue just because our cars don't go through emission test here. It's very important to pay attention to it.

The kind of statement I hear from some customers are;
It's not actually consuming fuel like that.
Sebi it sha working let me be using it like that.
First you bought the car used and you don't even know the level of fuel consumption first hand so no matter what amount of fuel consumption you think you have you can have better with a good O2 sensor(s)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:52am On Apr 11, 2020
Skolex:
How was it
I mean road blocks

Roads are littered with check points. You have assistant commissioners of police at some check points (early morning before hot sun) you have Sars on the beat doing their thing. Ensure you have a good reason to be out if not you will find your self in a police station writing statement. Generally in the evening from 6:30- 7pm the restriction relaxes and there is more vehicular movement.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:53am On Apr 11, 2020
chillex8:

Am interested too. Been in prison here. Need to go home

You will have no problem going home.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:59am On Apr 11, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Roads are littered with check points. You have assistant commissioners of police at some check points (early morning before hot sun) you have Sars on the beat doing their thing. Ensure you have a good reason to be out if not you will find your self in a police station writing statement. Generally in the evening from 6:30- 7pm the restriction relaxes and there is more vehicular movement.
In addition.

Got this from a friends DP.

Guys if you know you dont have permit document to move around pls stay indoors.

Even men that has the permit document from NCDC to move around I dont go out unless we have reason to.

Stay safe guys.

See you all when the war is won.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 11:06am On Apr 11, 2020
cheesy Very tired o!
Vision2045:

As in...but health first sha

Judging from sanwo olu house to house active case search starting next week that indicate the lock down will be extended...

Local man is tired
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lexylexy(m): 11:21am On Apr 11, 2020
xana101:
Mobil HQ is not bad. Their meter is ok. Make sure u watch the attendant closely.

My thoughts exactly. I don't have problem with them. Their meter is very ok. Just don't lose your guard. You can be scammed anywhere.

Infact, I've seen someone get scammed right there at the enyo filling station at 4th roundabout. The attendant noticed the driver was pressing his phone,he just went ahead and sold fuel without rubbing the nozzle. If you lose guard anywhere they will run you street.

Even some attendants will try to distract you by asking you to buy one fuel injector or fuel saver. All na distraction. Just fix your eyes on the meter and you're good.

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 2:20pm On Apr 11, 2020
lexylexy:

My thoughts exactly. I don't have problem with them. Their meter is very ok. Just don't lose your guard. You can be scammed anywhere.

Infact, I've seen someone get scammed right there at the enyo filling station at 4th roundabout. The attendant noticed the driver was pressing his phone,he just went ahead and sold fuel without rubbing the nozzle. If you lose guard anywhere they will run you street.

Even some attendants will try to distract you by asking you to buy one fuel injector or fuel saver. All na distraction. Just fix your eyes on the meter and you're good.

Thank you
I was going to dig out where Elders said
Mobil HQ, FO admiralty , FO ikoyi and Heyden alapere , petrocam and Enyo. But I don get distracted with some Covid19 threads n Twitter.
Waiting for Buhari to twit extension of lockdown to end of April
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 2:36pm On Apr 11, 2020
Does anyone know anyone who has tested positive? The numbers the government is reporting make no sense. How can Ghana and Chad have more cases than us Something is fishy.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 3:01pm On Apr 11, 2020
radautoworks:
Does anyone know anyone who has tested positive? The numbers the government is reporting make no sense. How can Ghana and Chad have more cases than us Something is fishy.

The 2 cases recorded in enugu since 3 weeks ago is still the same figure, while lagos recovers and increases everyday. Chad is only 11 cases

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 4:56pm On Apr 11, 2020
radautoworks:

See format oooh... Lol.
So if i know sb that test positive you expect me to say yes I do? So that they'll come and quarantine me for another 14days be?

Guus according to the Lagos state government they'll embark on a door to door search and questioning and the moment your answer to the above question is "yes" just forget it na 14days of another hunger u dey go so.

So if you're asked simply say NO, else they'll assume you've come in contact of the person.

Na joke I dey ooh don't take me seriously na boredom dey cause all this. grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 4:59pm On Apr 11, 2020
Felicity0001:

In addition.

Got this from a friends DP.

Guys if you know you dont have permit document to move around pls stay indoors.

Even men that has the permit document from NCDC to move around I dont go out unless we have reason to.

Stay safe guys.

See you all when the war is won.

I drove without permit through out this week, at every police check point they stopped me, I told them am going to buy foodstuffs they let me go. Even FG gave an order that between 10am -2pm there should be movement for those going out to buy essentials. Better still is important to have permit documents incase of any issue.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tochex101(m): 5:04pm On Apr 11, 2020
radautoworks:

Till they find a way to do mass testing, my mind won’t be at ease. Don’t drop your guard.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 5:55pm On Apr 11, 2020
I don't know if this is right, but someone may b needing it, I have someone that's need to get to oniru from Aja... I won't have mind personally doing this, but I'm far away. Is there any one here that will like to take this at his or her discretion? 20 mins from now
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 6:21pm On Apr 11, 2020
Tojahh, come take grin

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 6:27pm On Apr 11, 2020
grin grin grin huna wey dey ajah ,how the area grin plenty robbery cases in agbado axis

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 6:54pm On Apr 11, 2020
drmikeadams:
grin grin grin huna wey dey ajah ,how the area grin plenty robbery cases in agbado axis
As expected... Food stuff Robbery is the only means of surviving rigjt now.

Thats what happens when the government refuses to make use of their senses.

So annoying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 11, 2020
radautoworks:

We don’t have enough kits, so they will only test the connected or people manifesting symptoms

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 9:37pm On Apr 11, 2020
ornicus:

We don’t have enough kits, so they will only test the connected or people manifesting symptoms
D painful part is dt they don't even test people showing symptoms unless U are sent from an hospital even if d person is very sick dey won't test u if u have not contacted a known case or from abroad. You will see d way d numbers will jump up now cos I just had of two cases now two brothers one died without being tested while d brother now very sick was tested and positive
So na whole family and doctors, nurses dey at risk.
The two brothers didn't step outside nigeria and can't remember getting exposed to someone from abroad. Na now me don start lockdown becos dis no be hear say gist

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 11:47pm On Apr 11, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (2574) (2575) (2576) (2577) (2578) (2579) (2580) ... (5692) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.