Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,903 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2653) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4733132 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2650) (2651) (2652) (2653) (2654) (2655) (2656) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:42am On Apr 30, 2020
deedee44:

I just knew this would draw you out cheesy

You too grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 8:43am On Apr 30, 2020
Eizenburg:

I believe there’s already an option to split your fare and carpool, most people would just rather split the fare within themselves than use the built in app feature.

Most drivers will start charging per rider when they don't make use of the app.

Presently I am working on getting approval from a particular estate to make commuting residents of that estate to work daily.

Also reaching out to corporate bodies for a staff fleet option or colleagues that love and work in same area.

Note the relaxed window is just 2WEEKS... at the end of this 2weeks it will be reviewed.

So one has to be considerate in his calculations

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 8:44am On Apr 30, 2020
Eizenburg:

I believe there’s already an option to split your fare and carpool, most people would just rather split the fare within themselves than use the built in app feature.

That was what I was thinking too. Let's say the fare is supposed to be 2K, colleagues can then split to pay 1K each than paying 2K each because they used the "carpooling option".

We really don't know what Uber/Bolt would come up with, we just have to wait patiently. For car owners, instead of placing car on low rental fees, like Dru23 said, keep the car till all this is over.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by zubby80(m): 8:59am On Apr 30, 2020
dru23:

Very good point ... Most partners will likely prefer to collect their cars back and than drive themselves to the office... it will help reduce their risk level of getting the virus, but wait what about when they get to the office? Their colleagues that enter public transport can also be another risk factor.. It seems either way person can't totally avoid getting the virus ...... This is like saying 1million ways to die ,choose one

Many offices are already making arrangements for staffs to share rides with colleague who have cars while others work from home, no matter how we see it ehailing might take a dip, let's just cut expectations and try to be innovative

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 8:59am On Apr 30, 2020
Jekalo rides runs a similar model of what I am talking about.

Your ride is calculated independently

1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hefelove(m): 9:16am On Apr 30, 2020
Carshopper:

Most drivers will start charging per rider when they don't make use of the app.

Presently I am working on getting approval from a particular estate to make commuting residents of that estate to work daily.

Also reaching out to corporate bodies for a staff fleet option or colleagues that love and work in same area.

Note the relaxed window is just 2WEEKS... at the end of this 2weeks it will be reviewed.

So one has to be considerate in his calculations
Too much sense no go kill you
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 9:29am On Apr 30, 2020
dru23:

Very good point ... Most partners will likely prefer to collect their cars back and than drive themselves to the office... it will help reduce their risk level of getting the virus, but wait what about when they get to the office? Their colleagues that enter public transport can also be another risk factor.. It seems either way person can't totally avoid getting the virus ...... This is like saying 1million ways to die ,choose one

Hahahaha

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 9:37am On Apr 30, 2020
dru23:

Try to get your facts straight next time before writing sh*t down... there is hunger everywhere, there choices to be made. It's either you go out and hustle or starve to death.. Either way a decision has to be made ... Even uber in some parts of USA is still operating......
If you prefer for drivers to sit home and not risk their lives.. I hope you can provide other means of livelihood for them to feed their family other than begging on nairaland .......

And I do have a strong feelings that they will be more drivers looking for partners.. Due to some partners selling off their vehicles... This is my own opinion for now... We just have to see how this whole thing will play out

Relax. You always take issue regarding ehailing personal.

He wasn't advising anyone not to work but to readjust the terms around the work. Only a deluded owner who can't wait for now will still expect old remittance this time.

He also advised if you can do something else now, relax on ehailing...I totally agree with him.

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 9:45am On Apr 30, 2020
dru23:

I think partners should try to either sell off the vehicles or wait till the situation improves.. The cost of maintaining and cost of parts has increase now .. The dollar is about 450 to naira ...

For now partners should hold on till things improve .. The operating cost is not worth the rental delivery , the cost of parts will increase at least double the previous cost.

And this is why I was hammering that people should get cars like Honda civic due to cheap parts. Toyota car owners go hear am well well ,cost of parts are about to triple..... And if partners fail to heed my advice, than more junk cars will pile the roads, until the cars are no longer safe to either pass inspection or the cost of maintainence is eating up all the profit

This is a brilliant submission.

With the present development;
1. Drivers may find it hard to pay old weekly remittance.
2. Owners will spend more on car maintenance due to rising costs of things, so cut in weekly remittance doesn't look a reasonable decision to make.

Only owner drivers will manage to survive.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 9:53am On Apr 30, 2020
At times, life throws stones at us so we can build castle from them, this period might just be a time many will rediscover those latent talents they've been afraid to exploit before.

God help everyone through this period. We will survive surely

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:57am On Apr 30, 2020
peeps4u:

Relax. You always take issue regarding ehailing personal.

He wasn't advising anyone not to work but to readjust the terms around the work. Only a deluded owner who can't wait for now will still expect old remittance this time.

He also advised if you can do something else now, relax on ehailing...I totally agree with him.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 10:00am On Apr 30, 2020
peeps4u:
At times, life throws stones at us so we can build castle from them, this period might just be a time many will rediscover those latent talents they've been afraid to exploit before.

I don't think much people will learn anything, it will be business as usual when things get back to normal. History always repeats itself...

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 10:09am On Apr 30, 2020
IMHO

Now is the time to build relationships with your riders.
If you live in Ogba for example grin, when you switch on your app in the morning and get a ride, try and convince your rider that you'll pick them up in the evening (this is to ensure that you get a destination trip before the curfew starts)

Target long distance trips. Although you may choose short trips, but try and cherry pick longer ones

Don't accept trips to anywhere. Rains are coming, so don't damage somebody's father's car because you wan make money

Once more, establish relationships

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eroticecstasy: 10:44am On Apr 30, 2020
hefelove:

Na true sef, I noticed calabardick has been absent after his gbas gbos with sexylassie2. Tojahh suppose know where he dey

Are you sure?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eroticecstasy: 10:47am On Apr 30, 2020
Felicity0001:

Ok tojahh over to you.

Ive tried to call that his logistic personnel with the number he posted while he was in search for a rental but both lines seems not connecting.

With the high rate of corona virus outbreak on the island and in the UK i just hope him and Godfather10 are alright sha.

Your tried calling me?
Thanks for trying, we are all good. My boss is okay.

Wise businessmen are on drawingboard now observing and strategizing their next step.

We are always online but nothing reasonable to comment.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by confusedworld17: 10:58am On Apr 30, 2020
15k rental for now is cool. My opinion though
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:22am On Apr 30, 2020
deedee44:

I just knew this would draw you out cheesy
Someone can not protect his investment in peace again?
grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunlapapa: 11:29am On Apr 30, 2020
Gentlelife50:

Someone can not protect his investment in peace again?
grin

But I sense that his drivers are on NL with way he protects his business here, fearing that they might be convinced on dropping his cars after reading so many convincing reasons about dropping his vehicles.

And guess he will be in deep dilemma when his vehicles are dropped as he can't drive even if he tries to enter igboro to make some dough

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 12:10pm On Apr 30, 2020
peeps4u:

Very true but have you also thought about this?

Every dream/talent/plan requires capital and the major reason a lot of dreams die is due to lack of finance.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hefelove(m): 12:10pm On Apr 30, 2020
eroticecstasy:

Are you sure?
Yes but y u ask?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hefelove(m): 12:14pm On Apr 30, 2020
Felicity0001:

Every dream/talent/plan requires capital and the major reason a lot of dreams die is due to lack of finance.
Fact, that finance made Mark Zuckerberg what he is today, facebook was his friend idea but no capital
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sexylassie2(f): 12:36pm On Apr 30, 2020
Felicity0001:

There is this Africa country I have forgotten the name, that a girl created a WhatsApp group and started plans on revolution. This happened some few years back self.

See enh madam, yes we know men r the once changing political landscape and the rest of that but mention one protest or revolution some group of men embarked on that turned out successful. Its either police or army opens fire killing tens of thousands of them or use tear gas, arrest some and throw them in jail.

The last one a man tried I believe you know what happened to him. After DSS dealt with him we have never heard from him again grin

Shiek Ibrahim El- Zakzaky's daughter gathered her dad's followers on a protest for the release of the dad did you hear where she was arrested or even brutalized? No! So what message does that tell you?

"You strike a woman, you strike a rock". If our women will boldly come together and stage a protest in this country believe you me we will have massive success and a new born will come out of it.

But the el zakzaky followers are still protesting.

It seems the men here love excuses, if you want to be known in Nigerian history, be rich or become a future govt appointee, start protesting now, fortune always favour the bold.

I can tell you that sowore will be a future govt appointee. I am sure, he was once lobbied. I guess he rejected it.

See all those men who fought for Niger delta agitation from ken sari wiwa to asari even tompolo,they are all enjoying now.

Nigeria system is organised in a way that if you make noise, there is big possibility that you will surely receive something in the end.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 12:49pm On Apr 30, 2020
I really wouldn't bother about breaking a sweat thinking about what's to come.

Oga this is naija,things will most likely return to normal after all this cools off say after a month.

There are still opportunities for e hailing as there have ever been.

Car pooling in it's real form cannot work in naija, except for people already acquainted with each other and people already share fares sharing same ride.

The curfew cannot work in Lagos,all those talk by govt is just what it is, talk!! at worst people will always find a way round it.

I agree everyone needs to be able to think out of the box, I for one is already going interstate and those guys are still cashing out massive despite the lockdown,how much more when it's relaxed.

Need I say, stay safe guys,that's the most important and logical business sense anyone can have right now!! wink

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 12:53pm On Apr 30, 2020
sexylassie2:

But the el zakzaky followers are still protesting.

It seems the men here love excuses, if you want to be known in Nigerian history, be rich or become a future govt appointee, start protesting now, fortune always favour the bold.

I can tell you that sowore will be a future govt appointee. I am sure, he was once lobbied. I guess he rejected it.

See all those men who fought for Niger delta agitation from ken sari wiwa to asari even tompolo,they are all enjoying now.

Nigeria system is organised in a way that if you make noise, there is big possibility that you will surely receive something in the end.

You are kinda right, however your sexist approach to a revolutionary struggle of any kind is what many would find funny. >: grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sexylassie2(f): 12:57pm On Apr 30, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

You are kinda right, however your sexist approach to a revolutionary struggle of any kind is what many would find funny. >: grin

I am not being sexist, I am being realistic, men have always been the fore front of development and change in a system while the women support.

You see that deji adeyanju.Kanu and FFK, they know what they are doing.they are actually putting their families names in history
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 1:08pm On Apr 30, 2020
sexylassie2:

I am not being sexist, I am being realistic, men have always been the fore front of development and change in a system while the women support.

Do you agree that men are and should be the head and the woman should compliment? Please answer this

Don't let the feminist hear u else your head will be called for. grin

Change agents can be anyone, regardless of gender. History is replete with countless women who have made changes in society.

I mind the way I use the term revolution on fora such as this so DSS won't start looking for person papa grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 1:16pm On Apr 30, 2020
tunlapapa:

But I sense that his drivers are on NL with way he protects his business here, fearing that they might be convinced on dropping his cars after reading so many convincing reasons about dropping his vehicles.

And guess he will be in deep when his vehicles are dropped as he can't drive even if he tries to enter igboro to make some dough
Just dey expect your personal meme, I no dey ooo
grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sexylassie2(f): 1:16pm On Apr 30, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

Do you agree that men are and should be the head and the woman should compliment? Please answer this

Don't let the feminist hear u else your head will be called for. grin

Change agents can be anyone, regardless of gender. History is replete with countless women who have made changes in society.

I mind the way I use the term revolution on fora such as this so DSS won't start looking for person papa grin

I am not a feminist but respect is earned, if a man wants to be head of the house then he should act like one and take responsibility accordingly, shouldn't complain when I have 2 million in my account and still needs his money to buy things in the house.

Nigerian history is filled with men changing the political landscape reason is that most men and women take seriously the word of a man.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 1:27pm On Apr 30, 2020
sexylassie2:

I am not a feminist but respect is earned, if a man wants to be head of the house then he should act like one and take responsibility accordingly, shouldn't complain when I have 2 million in my account and still needs his money to buy things in the house.

Nigerian history is filled with men changing the political landscape reason is that most men and women take seriously the word of a man.

Funmilayo Ransome Kuti, madam tinubu,Magaret Ekpo,Hajia sawaba,Queen Amina,Aba women,Warri Women e.t.c. These were real woMEN!!

Most men you would readily point to as revolutionaries in naija,I would rather beg to differ. undecided

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 1:30pm On Apr 30, 2020
Felicity0001:

Bro, I no say money no important to drive ideas. In fact, I dont always believe in the motivation speeches that tend to interplay the importance of money by saying all needed is an idea, so many ideas die in the absence of money.

To my earlier post, I was only referring to situations when one has been nursing an idea/innovation but being held down by fear. This period might just push some people to try something else they have been wishing to do before now. That was my message.

Hope you're good with your family?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 1:31pm On Apr 30, 2020
sexylassie2:

You see that deji adeyanju.Kanu and FFK, they know what they are doing.they are actually putting their families names in history

Yeah right! Scoffs

Are you f**king kidding me! Like f**king seriously? with those names you mentioned?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 2:50pm On Apr 30, 2020
COVID Numbers is scam!
Isolated case? No.
This goes in almost every COVID state. The reported case in Anambra state was also scam, Kano deaths are not from COVID, they all want money. It's time to open up the economy fully!

Over the weekend, Friday to be precise.

My neighbor's son sustained a head injury while playing with his fellow kids and was rushed to the general hospital in my area here.

The little boy wasn't sick o.
Just a head injury that happened in my presence while we were outside discussing.

On Sunday, I went to check on the boy to see how he was doing, he was already playing with other kids though his head is still bandaged.

I started talking with his mom and she told me what now seems to be the new trend as regards Covid-19 in Nigeria.

She showed me the receipt issued to her by the hospital.
It was marked Covid-19, case 353.

I was surprised to see that.

She said when she saw the receipt, she asked the nurse what was the meaning of that?
That her son isn't a Covid-19 patient.

The nurse told her not to worry, that it means nothing.
That she was only doing what was required of her.
So she shouldn't worry.

According to the woman, she was still worried seeing that on her receipt but the nurse further reassured her and told her that if she doesn't do that, she could be issued a query. Wow!

What this means is that, according the receipt, the boy is case 353 treated and discharged.

Can you imagine that?!

That is possibly the new trend now at government hospitals.

Once you're sick and visits a government hospital, you're a Covid-19 patient.

If she hadn't shown me that receipt, I wouldn't have believed what she told me yesterday.

And you keep wondering why we can't see common pictures of patients in the isolation centers. Common pictures o.

All we see everyday are numbers upon numbers.

Let me leave it here for now.

Copied

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2650) (2651) (2652) (2653) (2654) (2655) (2656) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Emmaco(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.