Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,962 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2690) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4728417 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2687) (2688) (2689) (2690) (2691) (2692) (2693) ... (5687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 8:27pm On May 14, 2020
Eizenburg:
Funny experience.

After causing plenty traffic with my refusal to open my door or come down, the next thing I knew, tow truck magically reach my front, before I could react, car was clamped and towed to their office.

If you no complete this story before the next eke market day, you go See.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eizenburg: 8:33pm On May 14, 2020
Eizenburg:
Funny experience today.

Went out on a personal runs today (Uber-ing on hold til further notice). Was in a bit of traffic with lastma people around. One of them jumped in front of my car and snapped a picture, I smiled. I never drive with incomplete papers and I adhere to traffic laws as much as I can because I don’t give these thieves in uniform a dime.

He say make I park, I park, rolled down a bit and asked him what the problem was. Guy said I no use face mask. I asked him why I need one, driving alone in my car with my AC on? Nigger said it’s the law. I showed him my mask and sanitizer; explained to him that I’m keeping safe and that I always wear it when I leave the car.

After causing plenty traffic with my refusal to open my door or come down, the next thing I knew, tow truck magically reach my front, before I could react, car was clamped and towed to their office.

All my tires were deflated immediately. I just chilled, sat down somewhere and was watching. Overheard them saying I Dey form stubborn, say dem go show me.

I noticed a chap there, seemed pretty cool and from my observation, probably the ranking officer there (everybody was referring to him as commander), I approached him and explained everything to him. He said he couldn’t help until the arresting officer comes back (the guy don go back go raid). I assumed he was playing me and reluctantly called someone I know who usually brings a rocket launcher to a knife fight. My contact got all the necessary details from me and said I should relax, she go call me back.

Before her call, arresting officer came back and to my surprise, the “commander” guy ordered him to to release my car after making sure my tires were pumped back.

As I was leaving, my contact called me back, I told her I’d been released. She say she no gree oo, that I must give her name of person wey arrest me, that the person needs to be dealt with. Told her it wasn’t necessary as I don dey go, she refused oo. Said I either go get a name for her or next time I call her she won’t respond.

I jejely gave her the guy’s name.

16 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:37pm On May 14, 2020
SaintHilary:

Actually tested positive..came bk from Onikan Isolation Center 2days ago..not a funny experience

Congrats boss... Pls share some i
nfo that may b of help to us.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 9:21pm On May 14, 2020
Eizenburg:
Funny experience today.

Went out on a personal runs today (Uber-ing on hold til further notice). Was in a bit of traffic with lastma people around. One of them jumped in front of my car and snapped a picture, I smiled. I never drive with incomplete papers and I adhere to traffic laws as much as I can because I don’t give these thieves in uniform a dime.

He say make I park, I park, rolled down a bit and asked him what the problem was. Guy said I no use face mask. I asked him why I need one, driving alone in my car with my AC on? Nigger said it’s the law. I showed him my mask and sanitizer; explained to him that I’m keeping safe and that I always wear it when I leave the car.

Wonders shall never end
Na so police man hold me at check point on sunday night around 9pm

Officer : wind down
Me: showing him my ID card from inside ( dts how I've been showing them even during lock down)
Officer: wind down make I see
Me: wind down a little and showed him.
... after seeing d ID card
Officer: where is your mask
Me : showed him , it's always on my dash board.
Officer: why you know wear am ?
Me: laughing, oga na only me dey inside car and AC on.
Officer: moved close to my glass
Me: quickly winding up my glass
Officer: shouting at me to wind down , dt I should wear my mask, say the law says wear mask
Me: confused wether to wear mask jejely cos it was late.
Officer: shouted again wey your pass?
Me : showed him my I.D again
He just walked away.

I heard CBD and council arrest people walking on the street without Mask too.
Trust naija dey will wear mask to cover only their mouth and leave nose exposed, when they want to talk dey pull mask down.
Na only God go save us

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 9:22pm On May 14, 2020
pope191:

This one you're writing in short hand angry relax, just get lagos moving in peace.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by unikazzy(m): 9:32pm On May 14, 2020
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:33pm On May 14, 2020
tojahh:

This one you're writing in short hand angry relax, just get lagos moving in peace.

grin grin All this corona tin, I'm tired.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 9:33pm On May 14, 2020
Today na imcomplete stories full here..shey una dey whine me ni?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:55pm On May 14, 2020
To that lovely rider that bought me Mega chicken rice and full chicken

I say

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:56pm On May 14, 2020
Vision2045:
To that lovely rider that bought me Mega chicken rice and full chicken

I say

You are welcome bro

Don't mention cool

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:02pm On May 14, 2020
izzou:

You are welcome bro

Don't mention cool

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 10:04pm On May 14, 2020
izzou:

You are welcome bro

Don't mention cool

Thank you o

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SaintHilary(m): 10:41pm On May 14, 2020
radautoworks:

You're asymptomatic though?
Had just one of the symptoms [Difficulty in breathing] I don't wish my enemy dat stuff..

pope191:

Lol..the Mata long jare.
I won't want to say much about my experiences at the Isolation Center and NCDC itself..But I wasn't in anyway surprised cus I didn't expect less from our country.
Just personally take all the necessary precautions extremely seriously cus this shit is not the Malaria I actually thought it was at the start.
Stay Safe and Stay Home

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:16pm On May 14, 2020
SaintHilary:

Had just one of the symptoms [Difficulty in breathing] I don't wish my enemy dat stuff..

Lol..the Mata long jare.
I won't want to say much about my experiences at the Isolation Center and NCDC itself..But I wasn't in anyway surprised cus I didn't expect less from our country.
Just personally take all the necessary precautions extremely seriously cus this shit is not the Malaria I actually thought it was at the start.
Stay Safe and Stay Home

Thank God for ur life... Wish u can share d precautions here

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 11:24pm On May 14, 2020
izzou:

You are welcome bro

Don't mention cool
Bro, I'm sorry I can't access my email for this moniker. Already talked with epphy.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by babatee2013: 2:07am On May 15, 2020
House pls how long those it take Bolt to reflect payment made in bank to their account?
Thanks in advance
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 5:36am On May 15, 2020
babatee2013:
House pls how long those it take Bolt to reflect payment made in bank to their account?
Thanks in advance

Recently mine took less than 48hrs....but u need send them mail. Email and in-app
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by skillip(m): 7:07am On May 15, 2020
InfinityEstates:

So what later happened??

I don't use my mask when driving alone or with family members. No police or lastma stopped me to ask me all through the times it happened.

Some officers are just overzealous. They need money.

So how did you settle it?

I'll advise you once you are more than one in the car please use the mask, you never jam agbero Lastma them. Had an experience earlier in the week, these guys had their mask on but didn't cover their noses/mouth, just hanging on their ears and under the chin. Na so them stop me for Ojodu, snap us. I kept wondering what was wrong , to cut long story short n.a. some calls and "small love" resolve am.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 7:17am On May 15, 2020
InfinityEstates:

So what later happened??

I don't use my mask when driving alone or with family members. No police or lastma stopped me to ask me all through the times it happened.

Some officers are just overzealous. They need money.

So how did you settle it?
I don't use mine too when I'm alone or with family members. And these lastma officials pack themselves (about 8 or more) in their kiosk and they will be arresting people for not observing social distancing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:54am On May 15, 2020
Honda pilot 2011 (Toks, very clean)

Complete papers.

Available for sale

Referral share is available as well.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by suco01(m): 8:16am On May 15, 2020
Eizenburg:

All my tires were deflated immediately. I just chilled, sat down somewhere and was watching. Overheard them saying I Dey form stubborn, say dem go show me.

I noticed a chap there, seemed pretty cool and from my observation, probably the ranking officer there (everybody was referring to him as commander), I approached him and explained everything to him. He said he couldn’t help until the arresting officer comes back (the guy don go back go raid). I assumed he was playing me and reluctantly called someone I know who usually brings a rocket launcher to a knife fight. My contact got all the necessary details from me and said I should relax, she go call me back.

Before her call, arresting officer came back and to my surprise, the “commander” guy ordered him to to release my car after making sure my tires were pumped back.

As I was leaving, my contact called me back, I told her I’d been released. She say she no gree oo, that I must give her name of person wey arrest me, that the person needs to be dealt with. Told her it wasn’t necessary as I don dey go, she refused oo. Said I either go get a name for her or next time I call her she won’t respond.

I jejely gave her the guy’s name.

Na wa oo all these people just dey make Sara money this season, if you're without nose mask here police go arrest you 5k for bail, if you're with nose mask but not used to convert your nose and mouth 3/2k.

if I may ask what will later happen to the officer. I wish to know
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Seun360(m): 9:03am On May 15, 2020
Be like things don dey pick up small small, I don do 3 trips so far, though na short trips.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 9:17am On May 15, 2020
knytred:
I think Uber is charging slightly above 25%
this is slavery mehnnn angry

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mistadayo(m): 9:33am On May 15, 2020
Hopefully to resume the hustle on Monday if there is no lockdown.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 9:42am On May 15, 2020
SaintHilary:

Lol..the Mata long jare.
Stay Safe and Stay Home

sorry for what you went through.

As your family on this thread, pls share you experience to us as it will help a lot of us to remain safe.

Dont want to be unfortunate but now i wish it was one of the outspoken memeber that had this experience. we wouldve gotten every detail.

moral of this, everybody matters.

felicity001 shey u dey feel me? grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 10:14am On May 15, 2020
Good morning guys. Please is there any Bolt inspection centre now on the Island?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Seun360(m): 10:22am On May 15, 2020
InfinityEstates:
Good morning guys. Please is there any Bolt inspection centre now on the Island?

You wan port?

World Oil is the answer.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 11:01am On May 15, 2020
grin

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Megir: 12:27pm On May 15, 2020
Megir:
good afternoon guys, Please how do I get to registered for Ocar? Their office, requirements and procedure. Thanks

Still waiting for a response from anyone please.
Thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 12:52pm On May 15, 2020
Megir:

Still waiting for a response from anyone please.
Thanks.
Goto their office. Alexander House, Otunba Jobi Fele way. Put it in your map
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slimzy91(m): 1:00pm On May 15, 2020
Please I need someone to help me with owner and driver agreement template. My email is godwinokemute91@gmail.com. thank you in advance
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by NYCnextStop(m): 2:39pm On May 15, 2020
Babadee1900:
Goto their office. Alexander House, Otunba Jobi Fele way. Put it in your map
Are they working coz I’ve been trying to call them but couldn’t reach them

(1) (2) (3) ... (2687) (2688) (2689) (2690) (2691) (2692) (2693) ... (5687) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Kaymaxi2222(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.