Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,772 members, 7,831,482 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2765) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4805549 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2762) (2763) (2764) (2765) (2766) (2767) (2768) ... (5700) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 2:54pm On Jun 22, 2020
northbird:
Seniors, Please, will vgc be flooded around @ dis point in tym.

Cc: babadee, izzou, bigleaf, davit, donfortunate, pope, gentlelife
I haven't gone out today so I wouldn't know much about that area, but most likely it should be flooded.
Incase you have to go just make sure you drive behind a car or stay at the center of the road on the absence of non.

Don't over accelerate when in flood, if possible allow the car to move with the power on D.

Ensure to off your AC system when evee you're driving in the rain.

Aviod every bad and unfamiliar road these period.

Ensure your spare tyer, Jack and wheel spiner are in good condition in this period of the raining season because tyers carries sharp object easily this period.

Turn on your headlamp and hazard light when driving during heavy down pour both during the day and at night, this will enable drivers in the opposite direction and behind to know a vehicle is coming in front of them and in front of them respectively.

Lastly, Don't over speed on high ways because roads are very slippery and tyers easily loose grip when breaks are applied.

To all my co-pilots I wish you all safety, good health and sound mind.

20 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 22, 2020
Felicity0001:

I haven't gone out today so I wouldn't know much about that area, but most likely it should be flooded.
Incase you have to go just make sure you drive behind a car or stay at the center of the road on the absence of non.

Don't over accelerate when in flood, if possible allow the car to move with the power on D.

Ensure your spare tyer, Jack and wheel spiner are in good condition in this period of the raining season because tyers carries sharp object easily this period.

Turn on your headlamp and hazard light when driving during heavy down pour both during the day and at night, this will enable drivers in the opposite direction and behind to know a vehicle is coming in front of them and in front of them respectively.

Lastly, Don't over speed on high ways because roads are very slippery and tyers easily loose grip when breaks are applied.

Priceless advice. God bless you senior

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 3:14pm On Jun 22, 2020
northbird:

I have no idea. Chevy view is flooded so expect nothing less at VGC.

Meanwhile I’m on a trip to Festac and I’ll need assistance with the best route to use in getting out of here. (Though I haven’t gotten to festac).

The story behind this Festac trip:

I had just drop a rider off at Chevy view when I got a request at the estate gate, no destination, called rider.

Me: Good afternoon

R: Good day bros, abeg before you ask me where I’m going let me tell you.
Me: okay?

R: I’m going to Mile 2, trade fair to be precise. I know it’s far and you won’t go but pls hear me out.

Me: Okay, I’m with you.

R: I’ll pay you 15k to take me there, in fact drop me at Festac, I’ll find my way from there. You are the sixth driver I’ll book.

Me: Hmm hold on for a moment, I’ll call you back.

A quick check on Bolt app, Chevy view to Festac town estimated price showed 3300-4200.

I called him back and I picked him from Marcopolo. We’ve been on the trip since 1:15.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 3:15pm On Jun 22, 2020
northbird:

Just took a rider from mainland to landwey & back to PU, I didn't go off d major rd, but d pour on d island is sumtin else and there's traffic from Gbagada to 7 up. Heading home

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bsalawu: 3:29pm On Jun 22, 2020
Kindly reach out to me. 08034154096

Ogataxi:
Good morning to every one...

...Please I need anyone kind enough to help me explain how real estate agents work.. (Rentals for now)

..., I took sum pictures of a recently finished block of flats in my area and posted them on Jiji. God so kind I got 2 people dat rented and I got 60k each as agent fee. without really doing anything.

...Now my main aim is, how do I get oda houses and swiftly too..Cus the way Uber/Bolt job is going, I think we all need something tangible by the side. But I want to make the agent job the main hustle and Uber a side hustle wen enu gbe cheesy

....Ive done alot of Google search but still need sum tips from sumone with a little experience about the line of bussiness. I did digital marketing training sumtimes ago so I feel by God's grace and determination I'll be able to get clients.(I know it's a tough job)

...Im currently home enjoying the fruit of last weeks Labour cheesy
Thanks in Anticipation
PS: I collected 2k for inspection fee also. that's uber trip of Sangotedo-Admiralty grin

Izzou
pope191
InfinityEstates
Babadee1900
Felicity0001
Tojahh
Sainthilary
Gazzuzz
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olayetan(m): 3:49pm On Jun 22, 2020
generaliy:
Hello people, I have a few questions please...

From a new Uber business venture:

1. Is 20k per week delivery possible now in this covid period? Is it a good one?

2. Is the driver supposed to do maintenance of the vehicle by himself?

3. Which device is best suited for Uber? iPhone 7, 6, how good are they for these apps?

Thanks so much.

1. 20k is feasible and very much doable in this period

2. Owner still take responsibility of servicing while minor maintenance can be shared.

Many owners agrees to come in if the maintenance cost is above 5k while below would be taken care of by the driver.

3. If you're talking about apple product specifically, the model that meets Uber/Bolt requirement starts from iphone 6s and don't mind the person discouraging you not to buy it.
You can even use iphone 11 (if you can afford it) for the job, so far you know how to keep your gadgets safe but you can have a small android phone beside you just incase of this traffic robbers and be wary of riders you carry at night....

Do you seek for a driver?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 4:22pm On Jun 22, 2020
Babadee1900:

Meanwhile I’m on a trip to Festac and I’ll need assistance with the best route to use in getting out of here. (Though I haven’t gotten to festac).

I had just drop a rider off at Chevy view when I got a request at the estate gate, no destination, called rider.

R: I’m going to Mile 2, trade fair to be precise. I know it’s far and you won’t go but pls hear me out.

R: I’ll pay you 15k to take me there, in fact drop me at Festac, I’ll find my way from there. You are the sixth driver I’ll book.

A quick check on Bolt app, Chevy view to Festac town estimated price showed 3300-4200.

I called him back and I picked him from Marcopolo. We’ve been on the trip since 1:15.
If I were you the only song I'll play all through the trip is "this na temptation" by P-Square.

Lol... Hope you collect money b4 una start trip shal I no won hear say u reach destination rider japka o h

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 4:33pm On Jun 22, 2020
Felicity0001:

If I were you the only song I'll play all through the trip is "this na temptation" by P-Square.

Lol... Hope you collect money b4 una start trip shal I no won hear say u reach destination rider japka o h
Lol. I don collect my money drop am halfway. I didn’t even get to Festac, the traffic is terrible and flooded road.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 4:46pm On Jun 22, 2020
Babadee1900:
Lol. I don collect my money drop am halfway. I didn’t even get to Festac, the traffic is terrible and flooded road.
This one na him dem dey call cash out.

Bros abeg go house go enjoy your money like ogataxi dey chop life with him 60k agent fee jor.

More blessings to yougrin

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 4:54pm On Jun 22, 2020
Felicity0001:

This one na him dem dey call cash out.

Bros abeg go house go enjoy your money like ogataxi dey chop life with him 60k agent fee jor.

More blessings to yougrin
Thanks man. I don face the traffic going back.

I go buy two bottles of stout to cool down when I reach house.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 4:55pm On Jun 22, 2020
kodred:

Bolt’s rating system is messed up. I mean how do you put so much power into the hands of total strangers (riders)? A 1 star rating from a rider can see your average ratings plummet. Bolt no dey try for that one.

What can we do? We just have to be mindful with riders for now boss.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stacyadams: 5:52pm On Jun 22, 2020
Babadee1900:

Na this kain riders dey make sense.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dckng16(m): 5:55pm On Jun 22, 2020
Heavy downpour @ Marina today. Crazy!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 6:05pm On Jun 22, 2020
northbird:

Thanks Bro, don park since. Just dey wake up, the flood is something else
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dckng16(m): 6:21pm On Jun 22, 2020
Babadee1900:
There is one wide big dish after that Mile 2 pedestrian bridge. The water there can swallow somebody"s car. U guys should take cognizance of that spot. Its very terrible. U might enter and not come out again.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by glambo(m): 6:33pm On Jun 22, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

Anybody hit by a car within 500 meters from a pedestrian brigde is liable to fine by the government and also fixing any damages to the car that hit him or her.

If the person dies, the family are equally liable,@izzou is very apt on this

Can you kindly quote the law that back your submission.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 6:52pm On Jun 22, 2020
glambo:

Can you kindly quote the law that back your submission.

When I become governor of Lagos State grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 7:27pm On Jun 22, 2020
Felicity0001:

Thanks Baba, I didn't make d trip. How far as per bolt? Are you back?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 7:49pm On Jun 22, 2020
generaliy:
Hello people, I have a few questions please...

From a new Uber business venture:

1. Is 20k per week delivery possible now in this covid period? Is it a good one?

2. Is the driver supposed to do maintenance of the vehicle by himself?

3. Which device is best suited for Uber? iPhone 7, 6, how good are they for these apps?

Thanks so much.

Cc:
Izzou
Felicity001

Don't let Uber give you any lamba. A good brand new android phone in price range of 40k plus will do the job.

IPhone 7 or so mite cost up to 100k plus rite now.

100k phone for trips of #1,200 #1,300, even #400, yes #400. grin. Baba think am well o before you go n sink funds on phone o.

When I was just registerin wt uber, a dude came around n complained to d customer care DT d app locked him out n he can't get trips or so.

Customer care: which phone r using?
Dude: i- phone
Customer care: did you buy it new?
Dude: foreign used
Customer care: you need to change the phone
Dude,: embarassed

Guy man just confuse for d place, after some findings, baba buy phone around 55k. So na to dey look for anoda money again for phone.

That 55k will buy a brand new android DT will work just fine. Change go remain sef.

BTW, I use hauwei y6. n na Android.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 8:03pm On Jun 22, 2020
dckng16:
[b]There is one wide big dish after that Mile 2 pedestrian bridge.[/b]The water there can swallow somebody"s car. U guys should take cognizance of that spot. Its very terrible. U might enter and not come out again.

Very true especially when it rains and it is covered... It nearly fell into the trap the last time I was there.

I was fortunate today sha... I woke up in good spirits and decided to go out. It didn't look like it was going to rain.

First trip came in. Destination: Mainland (Igando around Egbeda).

Me wey no dey go mainland before, but with scarcity of trips, I say make I go come back Island.

Trip went well, without AC, so less fuel. When I got there, it was very SUNNY, meanwhile it was raining heavily on the Island.

Did a few trips on the mainland then got a request back to the Island and it had already stopped raining.

In all, today was good. We thank God. We shall overcome.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ogataxi(m): 8:15pm On Jun 22, 2020
haywhy59:

Ramos na big boy ooooo, chai
.....Serious big boy bruv.

went through is instapage all though d weekend and had a rethink about life. According to Naira Marley "Owo wa lè Eko ò"

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OmoOshodi(m): 8:16pm On Jun 22, 2020
kodred:

Bolt’s rating system is messed up. I mean how do you put so much power into the hands of total strangers (riders)? A 1 star rating from a rider can see your average ratings plummet. Bolt no dey try for that one.
solution...Rule 1:always be friendly with your riders.
Rule 2: ones you suspect the rider is unfriendly don't start the trip.
Rule 3: no matter how friendly or kind a rider is to you never give out above 1star rating(it's theirs against yours)...if you give 1star to a rider and he/she gives you 1 star..the crashing won't be too devastating...but you give 2star and rider gave you 1 star...you are crashing big.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ogataxi(m): 8:37pm On Jun 22, 2020
pope191:

I have couple of friend's that r into land sales and agent stuffs, I don't really know much about it... But I know the stress is worth it, u will need connection and network as well, its more of being loyal to other agents, that way everyone carries each other along. If u have a place, spread it ard to other each, if they have to, they let u know, when its all said and done, akara will reach everyone.

sofdoc1:

The money dey sweet you ba? grin grin

The money would come, but not so consistent. You can go months without making any sales depending on your location, radius and your options.

The way to start though is that you have to do a lot of netwalking , know the omo onile in your area and build a rapport with them. Also, watch out for houses under construction, relate with the owners.

Present yourself as someone established, they would listen to you especially when they know you're educated and live around. Let them understand you'd get them reputable tenants. Some might tell you they are not renting out, just drop your card, they often change their minds.

The best sales are the ones where you know the house owner directly and have access to the house for inspection.

....Wow. Thanks alot guys, I really appreciate your advice!
I already printed a car wallpaper to add to the packaging.

....Thanks once again guys..May we all find favour in whatever legit job we do to put food on the table. #GodNoGoShameUs

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nightcry: 8:53pm On Jun 22, 2020
Please someone should help me out

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 9:15pm On Jun 22, 2020
Carfreak966:

Have you seen someone with Honda Pilot. Is it possible for my Honda Pilot to be approved. The car is just lying around here
I have not seen one. It will be approved as long as it meets the requirements.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:26pm On Jun 22, 2020
Babadee1900:
Thanks man. I don face the traffic going back.

I go buy two bottles of stout to cool down when I reach house.
I sight your fuel gauge...too much money...with ur polished dashboard... Honda shall.

Enjoy

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by haywhy59(m): 9:52pm On Jun 22, 2020
Ogataxi:

.....Serious big boy bruv.

went through is instapage all though d weekend and had a rethink about life. According to Naira Marley "Owo wa lè Eko ò"

He started from somewhere bro,na mad connect he get now
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:35pm On Jun 22, 2020
Vision2045:

Priceless advice. God bless you senior
I'm only 16 boss, I'm most humble sir grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davidtuzy(m): 10:45pm On Jun 22, 2020
May God continue to bless and protect all d pilots in did forum... Amen !!!!!! ��

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:48pm On Jun 22, 2020
northbird:

Thanks Baba, I didn't make d trip. How far as per bolt? Are you back?
Omo ahead ahead na him b my mantra oh... I insulted that corresponded called Patience cos I'm 100% sure she's d one that blocked my account because she and I have hax an encounter few months ago so I believe it's pay back time for her. But I gave her the insult of her life via mail and I made it clear to her she will meet her waterloo soon.

I discovered she is affiliated to a rider I carried few months ago. This is like a 2nd time in 2months this same lady blocked my account.

All the same I believe it's for good because I've time to do some things I couldn't do all these while.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:55pm On Jun 22, 2020
OmoOshodi:
solution...Rule 1:always be friendly with your riders.
Rule 2: ones you suspect the rider is unfriendly don't start the trip.
Ruale 3: no matter how friendly or kind a rider is to you never give out above 1star rating(it's theirs against yours)...if you give 1star to a rider and he/she gives you 1 star..the crashing won't be too devastating...but you give 2star and rider gave you 1 star...you are crashing big.
Say god!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stacyadams: 11:11pm On Jun 22, 2020
calabardick:
I noticed that a certain demon of insanity has been casted out of this thread, please who conducted the deliverance?
grin
grin angry grin grin

They banned one lord lugard from the thread till
Year 2050

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2762) (2763) (2764) (2765) (2766) (2767) (2768) ... (5700) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Welz(m), Barbiturate(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.