Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,709 members, 7,831,215 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2762) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4804675 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2759) (2760) (2761) (2762) (2763) (2764) (2765) ... (5700) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by olaoye15(m): 12:05pm On Jun 21, 2020
yinkaoke:
Hello house,
I have s tokunbo car with check engine light on but the car works fine. Please will l be disqualified by Uber ?

That is much ado about nothing, almost all the cars on Nigerian road carried the check engine light.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ogbunigwe2018: 12:24pm On Jun 21, 2020
izzou:

If he has a good lawyer, nothing go happen

Infact the law go still fine the victim/corpse join

Crossing under a pedestrian bridge is against the law
Am quoting you cos I know someone who was in this same situation.

-Police will charge you with man slaughter.
-Lawyer will ask you to pay the family of the deceased.
-You will bail yourself and your car from police detention.

Case closed.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:28pm On Jun 21, 2020
Ogbunigwe2018:

Case closed.

Very correct.

But with comprehensive insurance, they foot all the bills.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 12:46pm On Jun 21, 2020
Ogbunigwe2018:

Case closed.

Did the person you know knock someone down under a pedestrian bridge?

Because from this story, there is a pedestrian bridge there. It happened under the bridge.

Or that doesn't count in the court of law?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 12:48pm On Jun 21, 2020
skillip:
Good morning guys, in this rainy season please be mindful of parking under any electric pole. I just got to my favourite spot and the poles are damaged, even when it's not raining don't park under any electric pole because of shade.

But electric pole and shade don't go together. Wonder why anyone will want to park under an electric pole because of shade...a tree would have been more appropriate. Anyways, thanks for the observation.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ogbunigwe2018: 1:00pm On Jun 21, 2020
izzou:

Because from this story, there is a pedestrian bridge there. It happened under the bridge.

Yes.

Infact, no lawyer will defend you with that line of “under the pedestrian bridge”.

A human life is involved(man-slaughter), you are talking of pedestrian bridge. Lol.

P.S Happy Father’s Day to the real fathers here. undecided

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ogbunigwe2018: 1:01pm On Jun 21, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Very correct.

Spot on.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 1:10pm On Jun 21, 2020
Ogbunigwe2018:

Yes.

Infact, no lawyer will defend you with that line of “under the pedestrian bridge”.

A human life is involved(man-slaughter), you are talking of pedestrian bridge. Lol.

P.S Happy Father’s Day to the real fathers here. undecided

Even people that stabbed someone to death, had lawyers defend them in court.

So if I'm driving, and someone jumps in front of my car, and he dies, I'm automatically going to jail?

No defence or hearing from me?

Wonderful

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by NYCnextStop(m): 1:44pm On Jun 21, 2020
izzou:

Even people that stabbed someone to death, had lawyers defend them in court.

So if I'm driving, and someone jumps in front of my car, and he dies, I'm automatically going to jail?

No defence or hearing from me?

Wonderful
Nwanne I’m as surprised as you are.

So how about the fact that the deceased was meant to use the pedestrian bridge?

I have a friend that his wife ran over someone and killed the person. She was not convicted but only settled the family because she was at fault.

I hope the driver gets a good lawyer to defend him and may the soul of the deceased Rest In Peace
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 2:10pm On Jun 21, 2020
dckng16:

Baba U dey para now. Have U forgotten the day U drop persin in middle of 3rd mainland at midnight grin grin
hahaha... I never forget my guy part if the reason. I look that small boy that damaged my side morrow and door the other day and just smile because him no know say devil is like a roaring lion going around looking for who to devour.

Now, look at the picture, I've spent 2k fixing the side mirror alone, if you take a close look you'll see that a panel beater and a painter will have to work on that door because d boy damaged the handle and the surrounding is compressed. The annoying part was that I noticed the next day.

Supposing I arrest that boy now or beat him up that day I know a lot of people will come up here and say all kinds of nonsense like one said I should have gone offline to allow him to make another request, I just didn't reply that person on that day.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 2:18pm On Jun 21, 2020
Babadee1900:
We handle situations differently bro. That you will kick them out doesn’t mean I would do the same.

You must have missed where I said schooled the guy shredding paper and he offered to clean the carpet at the end of the trip and also apologized.

Life no be gra gra my brother.
Try to finish your story or put to be continued next time else you will get response you may not find interesting and pleasant.

Any which way it's ok but know for ages even the kingdom of heaven has been suffering different kinds of violent actions and na d same madness and violence him go take cure am and take am.back

From where I come from we believe stubborn and wicked people only listen and understand gra gra, sound of guns, fights and others.

Las las I'm a diplomatic person and I give it back according to how the spirit in me leads.

Peace ✌

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 2:25pm On Jun 21, 2020
izzou:

grin grin grin
Izzuo I know those smiles... grin see awon 35k per week, we shall see who laughs last gringringringrin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 2:29pm On Jun 21, 2020
mrjaydee:

grin this scenario happens frequently while I was still driving. I will just tell the person * presses phone* done the money is in your "uber account"

Or those people that will order for a ride and then take you through like 3 stops and still ask for you to pause the trip.

Rider: please pause the trip lemme quickly buy something

Me: oh ok " presses phone" done grin
Haha... Guy you just crack me up...wdfm!!!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 2:36pm On Jun 21, 2020
calabardick:

present sir
I've studied how you've experiment ine orhe laws od power "have a deliberate exit from a group..."

Welldone sir, I can tell you're doing well and keeping safe.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by glambo(m): 2:43pm On Jun 21, 2020
izzou:

Whether under pedestrian bridge or not, the crime is man slaughter.

Even when u kill someone in self defence, you will still be charge for slaughter.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 2:54pm On Jun 21, 2020
Felicity0001:

Try to finish your story or put to be continued next time else you will get response you may not find interesting and pleasant.

Any which way it's ok but know for ages even the kingdom of heaven has been suffering different kinds of violent actions and na d same madness and violence him go take cure am and take am.back

From where I come from we believe stubborn and wicked people only listen and understand gra gra, sound of guns, fights and others.

Las las I'm a diplomatic person and I give it back according to how the spirit in me leads.

Peace ✌
This man!
cool smiley
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 2:58pm On Jun 21, 2020
dckng16:
Nice one. You were programmed and assigned to receive these trips. Its a rotational thing. They rotate it among the drivers. Am beginning to understand more about how ehailing works from my personal experience and some findings online.
Let rub minds because I like people with exploratory thinking.

The uber app is one thing I'm still trying to comprehend how it works and operates. In very sure uber employs programmers from Mr Gates company to write it's program.

Take for instance it's "set destination" features, its amazing how it works giving the driver as many trip as possible till he/she gets to the set destination wrt ETA of the actual set destination.

On their flip counter part-Bolt, once you drop of you're left with just one "set location" opportunity.

In the aspect of allocating trip requests to driver I've fully understand the dynamic and it's amazing but also worrisome because some times you just want to go on a ride with a particular or preferred driver and uber won't merge d rider and d driver, I now begging to think how could one cheat this aspect of the program app because I've lost one valuable client to this as we opt on using Bolt and the trip fare ended at a ridiculous price which I knew the guy paid out of pain and couldn't tendered the receipt to his company for refund. Though we encountered serious traffic due to preferred route he asked me to take so as to drop of his colleague who later discharged leaving us in a more serious lockdown traffic. We left Island 4pm on that day getting to Abule Egba past 9pm.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 3:03pm On Jun 21, 2020
calabardick:

present sir

I've studied how you've experiment how you've practiced one of the law of power "have a deliberate exit/absence from a group..."

Welldone sir, I can tell you're doing well and keeping safe.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 3:05pm On Jun 21, 2020
Which kind wahala be this now, I’m supposed to deliver a key from Ilasan new road to Addo road.

I’ve gotten to the address and both the receiver and the sender no is switched off. cry

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 3:29pm On Jun 21, 2020
pope191:

Someone just ask his driver to drop d car key cheesy

Yea! Uber is slow, but what can I do? Been off bolt for some weeks now. On d second tot, I feel they will b an influx wit the rate at which ppl r losing dia jobs.
Brother man you don drag me follow body ooh. Bolt just block me today to low rating of 4.23.

But I'm not giving up easily on them has I just replied to one reply sent by one Patience saying my account has been suspended indefinitely that I will be notify when they consider unblocking it again. I replied by infofming how much I dislike her for her irrational thing and decision making.

You need to see my reply to her I swear if na u you go make sure my account remains block. But seriously, that woman or lady deserves what I replied her. She was thr same person that blocked my account the other time asking me to make a refund if an offline trip of N1500 i did with a girl from Egbeda to Igandu. I picked thus girl from Sangotedo, Aja during the first phase when the lockdown was eased and her destination was Egbeda junction, due to hibernation of the app at 6pm in which we arrived Egbeda few minutes to 7pm so we couldnt update or make further request that was how we arrived at the offtrip, a risk on my part.

After about 3weeks bolt suspended my account and on mailing them it was this same Patience that first responded to my complains. She said I should go and reply to the quarry on the app I then ask her how do you expect me to do that when I cant even log in. The next mail sent I made sure I copied all their emails in which I told her in one of my mails to instead refund the rider from the commission since the original trip ended N8500.

The next day one guy attended and unblocked my account.

Today now that witch girl called Patience has come and block my account. I ended my last mail by telling her it's a ling waited opportunistic reverenge.

Like this now enh I'm just planning on returning my car to my Madam because I can afford to drive on uber @25 commission.

Imagine doing a trip on uber yesterday N5100 uber collected N1275 I almost ran mad, untop of that I'd flat tyer with my tyer picking up two nails, the rider up till now is yet to pay balance of N2100. Fix my tyer 1k, wash motor make I go online only to see say bolt them block me.

Local man just weaklow

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Beng1234: 4:08pm On Jun 21, 2020
Felicity0001:

Brother man you don drag me follow body ooh. Bolt just block me today to low rating of 4.23.

But I'm not giving up easily on them has I just replied to one reply sent by one Patience saying my account has been suspended indefinitely that I will be notify when they consider unblocking it again. I replied by infofming how much I dislike her for her irrational thing and decision making.

You need to see my reply to her I swear if na u you go make sure my account remains block. But seriously, that woman or lady deserves what I replied her. She was thr same person that blocked my account the other time asking me to make a refund if an offline trip of N1500 i did with a girl from Egbeda to Igandu. I picked thus girl from Sangotedo, Aja during the first phase when the lockdown was eased and her destination was Egbeda junction, due to hibernation of the app at 6pm in which we arrived Egbeda few minutes to 7pm so we couldnt update or make further request that was how we arrived at the offtrip, a risk on my part.

After about 3weeks bolt suspended my account and on mailing them it was this same Patience that first responded to my complains. She said I should go and reply to the quarry on the app I then ask her how do you expect me to do that when I cant even log in. The next mail sent I made sure I copied all their emails in which I told her in one of my mails to instead refund the rider from the commission since the original trip ended N8500.

The next day one guy attended and unblocked my account.

Today now that witch girl called Patience has come and block my account. I ended my last mail by telling her it's a ling waited opportunistic reverenge.

Like this now enh I'm just planning on returning my car to my Madam because I can afford to drive on uber @25 commission.

Imagine doing a trip on uber yesterday N5100 uber collected N1275 I almost ran mad, untop of that I'd flat tyer with my tyer picking up two nails, the rider up till now is yet to pay balance of N2100. Fix my tyer 1k, wash motor make I go online only to see say bolt them block me.

Local man just weaklow

Sorry man. God will continue to provide
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 4:09pm On Jun 21, 2020
undecided Adults!

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by generaliy: 4:17pm On Jun 21, 2020
Hello people, I have a few questions please...

From a new Uber business venture:

1. Is 20k per week delivery possible now in this covid period? Is it a good one?

2. Is the driver supposed to do maintenance of the vehicle by himself?

3. Which device is best suited for Uber? iPhone 7, 6, how good are they for these apps?

Thanks so much.

Cc:
Izzou
Felicity001
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 5:23pm On Jun 21, 2020
Na wa o
Babadee1900:
undecided Adults!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 5:26pm On Jun 21, 2020
paroh137:

Nah I'm considering which to buy, to use for both Uber and personal car. I just like Avalon but seems I'll have to do with another car.
Bros I was once in your place if I'd knew I would have bought a Corolla then but I opt on buying a V6, life went south, local man couldn't bare the cost of maintenance I finally give tje car out at a give away price.

Brother man, forget about likeness now or prestige go for either a Corolla or Honda civic 05/06 or Camry V4.

Avalon is a luxurious car no bolt rider deserves such a ride.

Even America (uber) accepts cars produced year 2000 only God know watin people not different from India dey ask of 03 for? In their countries an average Nigerian will not use the kinds of cars they use.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 5:30pm On Jun 21, 2020
sharpk007:

Gbam u nailed it.

So far he is driving under the speed limit. Infact absolutely nothing will happen but in Nija we too fear Court
Speed limit for express road??

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 5:32pm On Jun 21, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Very correct.

I thought the 3rd party covers for this as well

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 5:41pm On Jun 21, 2020
izzou:

A lawyer can argue to win that the defendant hit the deceased on purpose since a pedestrian is there.

But Las Las na only judge go settle the matter

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 5:50pm On Jun 21, 2020
Beng1234:

Sorry man. God will continue to provide
That one sure na... Thanks brother man
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 6:04pm On Jun 21, 2020
generaliy:
Hello people, I have a few questions please...

From a new Uber business venture:

1. Is 20k per week delivery possible now in this covid period? Is it a good one?

2. Is the driver supposed to do maintenance of the vehicle by himself?

3. Which device is best suited for Uber? iPhone 7, 6, how good are they for these apps?

Thanks so much.

Cc:
Izzou
Felicity001
If you follow me closely you'd noticed I don't attend to enquires like this because I believe every answer you seek are already before you but due to laziness my people will not want to read but instead want instant result. This is the major problem we are presently being faced with in this present time.

This present generation want instant result which is even the reason most people prefer venturing into ehailing business.

But, as for question No3 I will only say this, don't go and buy a phone you will have to loose sleep over for qhile driving because using iPhone 7 is like parking Corolla on the street of mushin over night, they will not only get attracted to you but give your car maximum romance before daylight.

Just get a low key phone e.g Nokia 5

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 6:30pm On Jun 21, 2020
My director, CIA, FBI, ICPC, EFCC, CID, Chief of Arm Forces GCFR what more am i missing? Abeg help me profile the guy who claims to be a rich dude but dont have money to pay ordinary N5100.

He said he bought a 2014 Camry but hasn't numbered it.

He saud yesterday his birthday oh and was calling girls from all walks of life to come down to lekki but guy man no fit balance him uber fee of N2100 out of N5100.

Here is his number(0701 588 9544) I need just his social media details, don't call him please just his social media handles I need.
His name: KAREEM OLUWAFUNMBI AYOBAMI.
But I couldn't find any face that match on FB.

No calls please guys.

CC: Izzuo
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 6:36pm On Jun 21, 2020
paroh137:

Na Camry muscle person use pick my wife last week omo I shock shocked
I use 09 muscle sport

(1) (2) (3) ... (2759) (2760) (2761) (2762) (2763) (2764) (2765) ... (5700) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.