Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,845 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2797) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4751948 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2794) (2795) (2796) (2797) (2798) (2799) (2800) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:32pm On Jul 06, 2020
Please before I continue, who knows the Nigeria army Twitter handle please kindly share with me.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 10:48pm On Jul 06, 2020
kalex0:

5k on Saturdays only?
Ot throughout the week

Saturday only
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kalex0(m): 11:22pm On Jul 06, 2020
northbird:

Saturday only

My problem bro is the face that I've been reading this from page one and I haven't seen anybody made mention of other locations aside Lagos.

What is really the problem?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nwizu042: 1:36am On Jul 07, 2020
kalex0:

My problem bro is the face that I've been reading this from page one and I haven't seen anybody made mention of other locations aside Lagos.

You need to check the title of the thread bro. It’s for Lagos only.
Try searching for the Abuja thread.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 4:17am On Jul 07, 2020
Conti...

To cut long story short. Some passers buy came and then they asked me to appologise to him and beg him I refused, apologise for getting hit? because he's a military man?? No! I won't beg him. More people came saying I should just beg him. Make e no b like say I dey stubborn since everybody is saying the same thing I then decided to beg him but the guy said lie lie say I must buy his long time broken traffigator. Everybody could even see the dust on it that it has long been broken.

I went into my car and then started making calls, before this time a soldier man was driving pass on the other lane towards Ikeja under bridge direction, he stopped and supported his colleague as expected and the both of them were boosting that they'll make me drink the flood water, they will do this and that. All this while I didnt say a word apart from the apology I tendered b4. After his colleague left was when I went into make a call.

The guy has been making calls of all kinds "where una don reach, bla bla bla... Passers bye where trying to tell me to beg him with any miney I've on me or do a transfer of at least 2k to him b4 his guys will come. All of these I saw it as trying to put fear in me but I didn't give in because I knew I wasn't wrong, I told them I'd no money on me apart from N250 which I showed them. Some weak just waka go while some stayed still begging the guy. While I was inside the car he then came to meet me ordering me to step out, I did, he asked who you dey call? I said I dey call my wife to transfer me money me no get 1kobo for me account and I no get cash. Na lie oh I was having nothing less than 10k cash inside d car.

The next thing this guy dragged me that I should follow him, to his car, that I should give him my phone I refused. Then ordered me to seat on the ground I still refused, the next thing na slap twa! I waa about sitting on the ground and I just gain consciousness, na so I provoke started vibrating, shouting, at this point I don vex, spit out the chewing gum I'd been chewing all this while (that was what has been calming me down all those while) before i knew it more people don gather na so we come dey talk go here and there. Soldier man still dey make calls...

Las Las the stupid guy gave me his account number and I did transfer to him. My rider wanted to so the transfer to him but I told him not to worry because I wanted his details which finally did.

I've reported the matter of Twitter tagging the Nigeria army, the Nigeria Senate, @nigeriainfo 99.3fm and some other persons.

If you have anyone you know can help fight this injustice I xan tag pls kindly give me his Twitter handle. I took a short video of the man and his car without him knowing for evidence.

I believe he must have been doing this to innocent civilians all this while but I promise myself this would be his last.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 5:20am On Jul 07, 2020
Felicity0001:
Conti...

So so sorry for your ordeal...

But the bitter truth is nothing may to happen to him.

Do you remember that guy SARS killed at Mangoro, years back? Nothing happened. I can list so many cases of oppression and death that nothing happened in this country.

The common man has a very slim chance of getting justice in Nigeria, and that's why it's best to avoid trouble when you see it.

I know I'm not you, but I would have simply begged him at the initial state and when people gathered....Save my time and save my face..It doesn't make me less of a man. You for just tell am sorry and leave. Drop your rider and get your next trip. Anything that is not bringing money no worth the stress

Instead of a danfo to scratch me because I want to claim rights on the road, I simply stop so he can carry his wahala and go.

Nigeria don spoil. E no fit change. So sorry for what you went through.

I pray you get justice

13 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tochex101(m): 6:50am On Jul 07, 2020
izzou:

But the bitter truth is [b] nothing may to happen to him.[/b]

Do you remember that guy SARS killed at Mangoro, years back? Nothing happened. I can list so many cases of oppression and death that nothing happened in this country.

The common man has a very slim chance of getting justice in Nigeria, and that's why it's best to avoid trouble when you see it.

I know I'm not you, but I would have simply begged him at the initial state and when people gathered....Save my time and save my face..It doesn't make me less of a man. You for just tell am sorry and leave. Drop your rider and get your next trip. Anything that is not bringing money no worth the stress

Instead of a danfo to scratch me because I want to claim rights on the road, I simply stop so he can carry his wahala and go.

I pray you get justice
Pls don't discourage this man, should we all fold our hands and be ridiculed/killed in this country?
Felicity, tag Segalink too....

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 6:55am On Jul 07, 2020
kalex0:

This thread is for Lagos only. Check for Abuja thread.

But I noticed d partners in abuja r not social media savvy like that. They use more of telegram . like a closed group.

So when you get there, chat up one or two guys, they will put ur no. In d group.

Wat you really need is a knowledge of how the city works. The troubled spots. Areas you shd avoid, DT kind of stuff.

If you have driven in Lagos before, I promise you. You will enjoy driving in Abuja.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ollarr: 7:26am On Jul 07, 2020
Good morning my people. Please how long does it take Bolt to rectify or confirm a payment made into their account. I paid into their citi bank account since Saturday and it has no reflect in my account. I have mailed them, no response yet.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 7:32am On Jul 07, 2020
Tochex101:

Pls don't discourage this man, should we all fold our hands and be ridiculed/killed in this country?

I didn't discourage the man. I used the word "may". I was only being realistic, which you know

And you talk about ridicule? Drivers here are being ridiculed daily by riders. They insult you on top your car, talk to you in derogatory manners and yet.... You take it all as a man, and move to the next trip

A policeman broke my friend's side mirror in traffic. We parked and reasoned with him responsibly...No shouts, no dragging. He finally admitted he was at fault and dropped 5k. Insurance paid for the mirror and we used the 5k to drink beer and Suya

If we had started shouting, maybe he would have oppressed us, and in the end we will be tagging Segalink on Twitter... In the end, we may spend more and may not get justice

The earlier you realise that this country and world can't get better, the better we are most likely to last long in it. Even Jesus asked his followers to seek peace, not justice...
You know why? It will be difficult to get justice in this world

I pray the officer is apprehended...But I'll put my life before my rights, especially in this country...Call it cowardice, but it is what it is for me

Some people have dragged their rights and they ended up as statistics.... Forgotten and never to be remembered

14 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 7:35am On Jul 07, 2020
Today is gonna be a heavy raining day 80%
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:53am On Jul 07, 2020
izzou:

I didn't discourage the man. I used the word "may". I was only being realistic, which you know

And you talk about ridicule? Drivers here are being ridiculed daily by riders. They insult you on top your car, talk to you in derogatory manners and yet.... You take it all as a man, and move to the next trip

A policeman broke my friend's side mirror in traffic. We parked and reasoned with him responsibly...No shouts, no dragging. He finally admitted he was at fault and dropped 5k. Insurance paid for the mirror and we used the 5k to drink beer and Suya

If we had started shouting, maybe he would have oppressed us, and in the end we will be tagging Segalink on Twitter... In the end, we may spend more and may not get justice

The earlier you realise that this country and world can't get better, the better we are most likely to last long in it. Even Jesus asked his followers to seek peace, not justice...

I pray the officer is apprehended...But I'll put my life before my rights, especially in this country...Call it cowardice, but it is what it is for me

Some people have dragged their rights and they ended up as statistics.... Forgotten and never to be remembered

You have said well boss, but one area I'm not pleased with is the area you said riders are insulting drivers... To me its a two way thing, riders feel drivers r insulting them too (Go check on bolt twitter and see gobe cheesy), I think it's a Nigeria thing, no doubt this is not a job in the first place, but just another hustle and I've woken to other ways to make money, but its in the rise and fall pattern, which I feel an average Nigerian live on. I've seen someone without a job or hustle, begging for all sought for 2k look down on drivers, but do I have to flow with his/her ignorance? Nope! In d voice of Tony Montana "I've gat to look after my investment" its a means to an end boss and mostly a goat is worth arrival price, if u come dirty, looking like someone life have beaten down, you'll get same treatment from any one. Most rider up till this moment don't know some drivers owe their car

The issue is a two way thing, I'm not scared of anyone is not like that of soldier, if I can man him, I'll find other ways to play a fast one on him, but go at loggerheads with him obviously is a no no... In this part of the world there's no justice, what we have is interest.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tochex101(m): 7:58am On Jul 07, 2020
izzou:

Tough!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:00am On Jul 07, 2020
pope191:

You have said well boss, but one area I'm not pleased with is the area you said riders are insulting drivers... To me its a two way thing, riders feel drivers r insulting them too (Go check on bolt twitter and see gobe cheesy), I think it's a Nigeria thing, no doubt this is not a job in the first place, but just another hustle and I've woken to other ways to make money, but its in the rise and fall pattern, which I feel an average Nigerian live on. I've seen someone without a job or hustle, begging for all sought for 2k look down on drivers, but do I have to flow with his/her ignorance? Nope! In d voice of Tony Montana "I've gat to look after my investment" its a means to an end boss and mostly a goat is worth arrival price, if u come dirty, looking like someone life have beaten down, you'll get same treatment from any one. Most rider up till this moment don't know some drivers owe their car

The issue is a two way thing, I'm not scared of anyone is not like that of soldier, if I can man him, I'll find other ways to play a fast one on him, but go at loggerheads with him obviously is a no no... In this part of the world there's no justice, what we have is interest.

Thank you
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Alertman24(m): 8:07am On Jul 07, 2020
Opportunities are available for Mechanical Engineers, Civil Engineers and Electrical & Instrumentation Engineers at Brentex Petroleum Nigerian partners to CPP (China Petroleum Pipeline). They are to construct the 221km 40inch pipeline from Kaduna to Kano with Seven Block Valve Stations, and Intermediate Pigging Station and a Terminal Gas Station in Kano along the network. If interested send cv to ameen@brentexpetroleum.com $ campbell@brentexpetroleum.com
Use your discipline as the subject of your email.

COPIED FROM A PROFESSIONAL BODY FORUM.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:21am On Jul 07, 2020
izzou:

But the bitter truth is nothing may to happen to him.

I pray you get justice
You're right jo n that I know. Such a pathetic country we all find ourselves.

I woke up to a new day and a new life with joy and happiness, with this your advise remembering the kind of country we are join na moving on I dey like this jare.

One thing I'm certain is that guy's end is near.

Thank you my brother

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:27am On Jul 07, 2020
Tochex101:

Thanks bro, since I've already reported it let just tag him. @sagalink right?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by herkeem: 8:53am On Jul 07, 2020
I have been an ardent follower of uber group even though I'm neither a driver nor a car owner. Please I need the assistance of everyone to help me call out this man who scammed me. Please help me call/text this man named Hassan Stephen with phone number 0816 666 8318 to please pay the 11500 for the clipper he bought. He showed the delivery man fake alert which make the man to leave him. Unfortunately the money has not entered and the man has switched off his main phone number; 09041828460.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:55am On Jul 07, 2020
Felicity0001:

You're right jo n that I know. Such a pathetic country we all find ourselves.

I woke up to a new day and a new life with joy and happiness, with this your advise remembering the kind of country we are join na moving on I dey like this jare.

One thing I'm certain is that guy's end is near.

Thank you my brother

You're welcome Brotherly

Be safe and stay alive for your wife, kids, friends..

Do anything to stay alive, even if it means letting go when you're right.

Nigeria no worth anything at all.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:00am On Jul 07, 2020
pope191:

100%

But I gave him a run for the money shall because I made sure I humiliated him and delayed his time as well. I was on a trip and I already concluded that would be my last trip for the day reason I wasn't in a hurry.

Mondays to Wednesdays I'm always on cooperate wear he too could see I'm not those bus conductors or illiterates he could man handle, ridicule or intimidate which i told him. I even told him it's the d uniform he's wearing I respext, otherwise, the both of us would have done it man to man.

At the end of the day while I was transferring I discovered he's from the eastern part of the country (Nwabuisi. P Friday). I just laughed and he asked why I was laughing I told him nothing.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slickleo: 9:02am On Jul 07, 2020
PL who knows how I can locate LCC admiralty office I want to pick etag
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:07am On Jul 07, 2020
Felicity0001:

100%

But I gave him a run for the money shall because I made sure I humiliated him and delayed his time as well. I was on a trip and I already concluded that would be my last trip for the day reason I wasn't in a hurry.

Mondays to Wednesdays I'm always on cooperate wear he too could see I'm not those bus conductors or illiterates he could man handle, ridicule or intimidate which i told him. I even told him it's the d uniform he's wearing I respext, otherwise, the both of us would have done it man to man.

At the end of the day while I was transferring I discovered he's from the eastern part of the country (Nwabuisi. P Friday). I just laughed and he asked why I was laughing I told him nothing.
He is not even smart at all, he shouldn't have used his personal account.
Since you have gone this far, I also suggest you create a thread about it on nairaland maybe it will be moved to the front page. Sorry about everything, but next time like izzou suggested please seek peace our men in uniform are all mad.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ksmart027(m): 9:15am On Jul 07, 2020
Gentlelife50:

He is not even smart at all, he shouldn't have used his personal account.
Since you have gone this far, I also suggest you create a thread about it on nairaland maybe it will be moved to the front page. Sorry about everything, but next time like izzou suggested please seek peace our men in uniform are all mad.
Mind your language, not all men in uniform are mad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 9:25am On Jul 07, 2020
From my experience, they are all MAD.
ksmart027:

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:28am On Jul 07, 2020
davit:
From my experience, they are all mad.
I no dey ooo
grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:29am On Jul 07, 2020
ksmart027:

Okay, maybe few. Relatively few
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 07, 2020
herkeem:
I have been an ardent follower of uber group even though I'm neither a driver nor a car owner. Please I need the assistance of everyone to help me call out this man who scammed me. Please help me call/text this man named Hassan Stephen with phone number 0816 666 8318 to please pay the 11500 for the clipper he bought. He showed the delivery man fake alert which make the man to leave him. Unfortunately the money has not entered and the man has switched off his main phone number; 09041828460.

If you have the delivery address, why not go there with a soldier.....or set a female trap for him get his location and take a soldier with you.......

I put a call through and he blocked my line after I narrated my reason for calling.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 07, 2020
Slickleo:
PL who knows how I can locate LCC admiralty office I want to pick etag

Put on map...it's a throw stone from the round-about to ikoyi link bridge driving from inside lekki phase 1

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by herkeem: 9:57am On Jul 07, 2020
Vision2045:

If you have the delivery address, why not go there with a soldier.....or set a female trap for him get his location and take a soldier with you.......

I put a call through and he blocked my line after I narrated my reason for calling.
Thanks for calling sir. The delivery manet him at a public place. Not his home address.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 9:57am On Jul 07, 2020
Felicity0001:

100%

Sorry for your ordeal, since you have he's name, run it through Facebook and see if you can get he's picture, create a thread here on nairaland, and if you can pay for Twitter influencers to help you trend it on twitter while tagging the Nigerian army. You will get a quick response from the Nigerian army. I'm with you 100% on your decision.

Back in 2018, when I started ehailing, I had a terrible experience with a soldier(he was probably high, he's eyes was red), I didn't hit him or anything (he was on a bike oooh), he said I tried to hit the bike, I just Ignored him, I was on a call, that got him very angry, he pointed he's Ak47 at me(threatening to shoot) I was stunned, I just get quiet, that didn't work, he tried to force the door open, but as God may have it I was on central lock, since he couldn't open it he started hitting on the body of the car(dented the car) I was just inside looking at him. Bystanders were there looking, couldn't intervene because he was holding gun. That experience shook me badly.

Most Soldiers are just power drunk, and abuse power too much

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ksmart027(m): 9:57am On Jul 07, 2020
davit:
From my experience, they are all MAD.
I bet you have not met the good ones
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lilachiever(m): 10:07am On Jul 07, 2020
ksmart027:

I bet you have not met the good ones

All military and paramilitary personnels in Nigeria are mad... no arguments, once they are in uniform or holding gun they think themselves as a small god

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2794) (2795) (2796) (2797) (2798) (2799) (2800) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Itsrm(m), Kaymaxi2222(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.