Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,730 members, 7,831,330 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2839) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4805026 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2836) (2837) (2838) (2839) (2840) (2841) (2842) ... (5700) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Myronbolitar: 10:53pm On Jul 19, 2020
izzou:

Alright

You can still be looking for other things to do oh.

It must not necessarily be this hustle. At least to keep body and soul together
Nice one baba....anytime I see ur comments, e dy always give me joy!!!!!! grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:33am On Jul 20, 2020
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by funshelite(m): 1:56am On Jul 20, 2020
eyinola:
Everyday different drama for this hustle grin
Me : i am almost at ur gate
Rider: I can see ur car come down, she was standing at the gate with her sister
Me: zoom down to her gate
Rider: to her sister in a low voice, this taxify driver na fine man ooo
Me: Good morning
Rider: good morning , u r a fine man ooooo
Me: where r we going to plzzzz
Rider: don't be too serious bro, don't u heard what i said
Me: oh thanks
Me: whr r we going to
Rider; i just want u to help me deliver this perfume and wrist watch to someone in omole
Me: ok, start trip zoom off

Eyin you fall my hand o , no be you say you won light oven ? No miss one on one o .

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by blissbliss: 5:03am On Jul 20, 2020
Ghost1994:

Oruko rere sanju Wura looo

I’ve tried my best after the easing of lockdown, have paid lastma, try cabu, did Uber/inDriver but yet I can’t gross 30k.

Please brothers I need mature advice

Thanks

Sorry to hear about your ordeal, boss.

It’s a long way to go.

I’m of the opinion you drop the car as soon as you can; don’t let the pressure get to your wife.
Take rental if you can since the burden of repairs ain’t gonna be on you.

When next, you could get something cheaper so you don’t burden yourself unnecessarily, I’m sure you’ve learnt that as a lesson.
Take heart and move on.

Get some skills. Skilled personnel are changing jobs in this selfsame economy.

Best wishes in your choices.

Cheers!

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 6:10am On Jul 20, 2020
Felicity0001:

The day you feel too comfortable in the place you're is the day you start falling.

If yoI think you have a better opportunity for me bring it on I'll be glad to take it.

All hustle na hustle.

Will you take the korope option since e hailing is on the downside?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by olamilarks(m): 7:02am On Jul 20, 2020
Ghost1994:

Bros reading this comment, makes Me feel emotional.

I used to be one of the best drivers that delivers on time (I delivers on mondays)

This is week 7 that’s I haven’t make any delivery for my partner simply because the work isn’t worth it anymore.

Am on HP, have paid total of 1.2 out of 3.2 (03 Corolla) up till this moment I’m feeling bad because I couldn’t meet up. I’m owning my mechanic almost 13k, passenger hub is making hell noise currently, crank shaft and engine needs ringing raising the funds already.

Last I did in a week is just 27k. If I deduct fuel and other stuff commission and all I’ll be left with zero.

I pity “we” drivers repairing our cars by ourselves is not an easy thing I swear. You’ve got to accept every trips and you can’t be so selective with trips because there’s competition and you might not get another trip in 3hours.

I’ can’t make an account of how much have borrowed from my wife’s salary to fix one or two thing from the car. Well life is all about win and loses.

Have been able to submit my cv’s which that’s not sure but anything I get there, I’ll manage.

Why am I lamenting? I want advice from my brothers out here. My decision is to drop this car make I find something else doing before my long lasting relationship with my partner will become something Very bad.

Because I don’t think I can Deliver over 30k+ he requires for remittance anytime sooner.

I’ve tried my best after the easing of lockdown, have paid lastma, try cabu, did Uber/inDriver but yet I can’t gross 30k.

Thanks
Bros, I feel your pain, I'm also on HP. After the easing of the lockdown, I and one other guy doing HP with my partner were able to reduce payment to first 20k, then 25k when the curfew time was a bit relaxed. In this period I've had to replace oil seal, service car and do regular maintenance, police even catch me for curfew, I don't know what to advice you right now, but I know better days are coming. Exploring better options is a wise decision tho!

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 7:42am On Jul 20, 2020
Monday morning

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 7:50am On Jul 20, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

Will you take the korope option since e hailing is on the downside?
Send your contract let me have a look at it.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 7:51am On Jul 20, 2020
donfortune48:
Monday morning
Morning boss..What’s the story behind this?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 7:53am On Jul 20, 2020
Why? Wakanda be this? sad
donfortune48:
Monday morning
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:06am On Jul 20, 2020
donfortune48:
Monday morning

Ewoooooo

grin grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 9:53am On Jul 20, 2020
Ghost1994:

Bros reading this comment, makes Me feel emotional.

I used to be one of the best drivers that delivers on time (I delivers on mondays)

This is week 7 that’s I haven’t make any delivery for my partner simply because the work isn’t worth it anymore.

Am on HP, have paid total of 1.2 out of 3.2 (03 Corolla) up till this moment I’m feeling bad because I couldn’t meet up. I’m owning my mechanic almost 13k, passenger hub is making hell noise currently, crank shaft and engine needs ringing raising the funds already.

Last I did in a week is just 27k. If I deduct fuel and other stuff commission and all I’ll be left with zero.

I pity “we” drivers repairing our cars by ourselves is not an easy thing I swear. You’ve got to accept every trips and you can’t be so selective with trips because there’s competition and you might not get another trip in 3hours.

I’ can’t make an account of how much have borrowed from my wife’s salary to fix one or two thing from the car. Well life is all about win and loses.

Have been able to submit my cv’s which that’s not sure but anything I get there, I’ll manage.

Why am I lamenting? I want advice from my brothers out here. My decision is to drop this car make I find something else doing before my long lasting relationship with my partner will become something Very bad.

Because I don’t think I can Deliver over 30k+ he requires for remittance anytime sooner.

Thanks

I read this over and over again and I concluded that you not looking for advice, but pity. I have already advised you on how to modify your work and get something tangible with your working hours and you still unable to gross 30k in a week?! Even a new inexperienced driver (Eyinola, sorry boss) that doesn’t put in much hours grosses 30K Weekly. Do not blame corona or anything else.

1. You took a car for 3.2 million naira on hire purchase knowing fully well that it would take over 2 years to fully pay for the car. Now I ask, what would the car be like if you finish paying for it? The roads wey you wan drive the car no fear you?

2. You have paid 1.2 million out of the 3.2 and now thinking of getting another hustle, so in other words, you want to count your loss and move on right? It’s good, at least you have experience now and would never go into such contract again.

3. You want to ring the car? I’m assuming the car was bought Tokunbo hence the high amount for the contract. I’m very sure the elders in the house have been hammering about synthetic oil use over a year ago but you went the ‘penny wise pound foolish’ route. Note that you would have to do an engine replacement because that engine don go (I’m also in this boat). My take on the ringing is to hold it off and keep managing because you will cry foul again when you ring it and it still shorts oil.

4. Your wife is a great woman for sacrificing her earnings for you. Treat her with care.

5. Yes it’s not easy on HP drivers because of the Car maintenance and that is why you have to be wise like a serpent. You have more than 2 apps at your disposal, you can’t tell me because of fear of 3 hours wait time you’d take your car and go drifting in Mushin. Select your trips judiciously and always target long trips. Do not be desperate. Just be calm and calculative. There was a time I filtered at least 7 trips (short distance and bad road) until I got a long ride with sweet road. I always try to equate driving hours to earnings.

Anyways, I think you lying about grossing 30k for a full working week. The way things are now your best two options are:

1. Appeal to your partner based on relationship to sell the car outright to you for say like 2 million so you just top 800k. You guys can work out the payment schedule because even if you drop the car for him/her, it’s going to be repairs upon repairs for the partner which is tantamount to more loss on both side. The outright sale is to minimize loss for both parties and still keep the relationship strong.

2. If your partner does not want to help you out, drop it, count your loss and jump on RENTALS where the burden of repairs and maintenance is off you.

Good luck in any decision you make bro. May the gods favor you.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:58am On Jul 20, 2020
donfortune48:
Monday morning

Don't know why heart is beating fast...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 10:03am On Jul 20, 2020
Is bolt scamming me? they promise me 12% after 25 trips and i did 27 trips and my balance still reflects 20% was deducted
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 20, 2020
eyinola:
Is bolt scamming me? they promise me 12% after 25 trips and i did 27 trips and my balance still reflects 20% was deducted

Only the last two trips is qualified for 12% commission...or ur expectations is that the whole 12 percent will be on 27 trips...note the word *After*
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 11:03am On Jul 20, 2020
Myronbolitar:

Nice one baba....anytime I see ur comments, e dy always give me joy!!!!!! grin
I swear. I don’t know why I always love izzou’s post.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:14am On Jul 20, 2020
Nothing b Eyinola no go see for uber

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 11:33am On Jul 20, 2020
Vision2045:

Only the last two trips is qualified for 12% commission...or ur expectations is that the whole 12 percent will be on 27 trips...note the word *After*
lol, na wa oooooo....imagine i com dey stresss mysef cool cool never knew its after

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 20, 2020
Elders in the house.....I notice my car vibrates, it gets worse when I put on the AC and get even more worse...when Ac is on and the car is in idle due to a stop or traffic.....I just fixed my bearings and ball joints...kindly advise on what could be the probable problem and solution..as it's every embarrassing....rider body go dey shake inside car...car is Toyota Coro sport 05
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 12:53pm On Jul 20, 2020
Vision2045:
Elders in the house.....I notice my car vibrates, it gets worse when I put on the AC and get even more worse...when Ac is on and the car is in idle due to a stop or traffic.....I just fixed my bearings and ball joints...kindly advise on what could be the probable problem and solution..as it's every embarrassing....rider body go dey shake inside car...car is Toyota Coro sport 05

Try checking the engine seats. And when on idle or in traffic, disengage the gear and put it on Neutral.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 20, 2020
I'm available for rentals as a driver on bolt.

Kindly quote this post to negotiate
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 12:55pm On Jul 20, 2020
Vision2045:

Did you remove your battery terminals recently? If yes, give some time, it will revert back.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 20, 2020
kodred:

Try checking the engine seats. And when on idle or in traffic, disengage the gear and put it on Neutral.

Thanks boss.....I parked somewhere now and tried the gear shift to neutral method and the vibration was still there but minimal compared to when on drive. I will have the engine seat checked as today.

I called my mech and he was talking about shocks......but he said until I come
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 20, 2020
northbird:

Did you remove your battery terminals recently? If yes, give some time, it will revert back.

No boss...I didn't remove the battery terminal of recent
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olayetan(m): 1:24pm On Jul 20, 2020
Vision2045:

Try put the gear in Neutral, if its not shaking then it must be plug, but if its shaking, it should be engine seat then.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 1:34pm On Jul 20, 2020
Vision2045:

Thanks boss.....I parked somewhere now and tried the gear shift to neutral method and the vibration was still there but minimal compared to when on drive. I will have the engine seat checked as today.

I called my mech and he was talking about shocks......but he said until I come

It is well bro. Do give us feedback so that people can learn.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 1:56pm On Jul 20, 2020
Babadee1900:
Morning boss..What’s the story behind this?

I set out from my house (off brown road surulere) around 5:30am aiming to clinch bolt's morning bonus.
1st 3trips that came in are over 10mins pick up time, while their destinations are showing as surulere. I rejected.

4th trip was going to Fadeyi, with 13mins pick up time. I decided to go cos I've rejected many. Called rider to tell him how long it'll take me to get to him, he said he can't wait and cancelled.

5th trip came with no destination, called rider and he was going to diamond estate isheri.
Egbeda was my base before I relocated to surulere Feb, and I know how difficult it is to get ride to better places from their, coupled with the traffic, coming out of Egbeda in the morning. I decided to go offline. Told rider that I can only go for 3k. He agreed and we proceed.

Dropped him off in less than 40mins, turned on my app.
1st two trips that came in were going to abule-egba and somewhere after abule-egba respectively. I humbly declinned.

I went and packed close to good luck Jonathan estate.

8th trip came in, showing Ajeromi ifelodun as destination. I cancelled before it could ring half, but it came back again, I accepted. Called rider, he was going to satellite town. ...told him I can't go beyond alakija; he cancelled.
The trip came back again, he cancelled.
I turned off my app for 2mins, turn it on and it came back again, I cancelled. It came back again, he cancelled. It came back again, he cancelled.
Turned off my app and started driving towards Gowon estate, half way towards Egbeda bus stop, I turned on my app again, same trip came in, he cancelled it came again like 3 times; he cancelled. Before another one came in from Jemade estate to Lagos island.

Dropped off rider and took another trip to Ikoyi, then went home from there.
That's how my morning was spoilt oh!

I'm in my room now cooling my mind, body and spirit wirh Vodka.

..."ll continue by 3pm.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 2:10pm On Jul 20, 2020
donfortune48:

I set out from my house (off brown road surulere) around 5:30am aiming to clinch bolt's morning bonus.
1st 3trips that came in are over 10mins pick up time, while their destinations are showing as surulere. I rejected.

4th trip was going to Fadeyi, with 13mins pick up time. I decided to go cos I've rejected many. Called rider to tell him how long it'll take me to get to him, he said he can't wait and cancelled.

5th trip came with no destination, called rider and he was going to diamond estate isheri.
Egbeda was my base before I relocated to surulere Feb, and I know how difficult it is to get ride to better places from their, coupled with the traffic, coming out of Egbeda in the morning. I decided to go offline. Told rider that I can only go for 3k. He agreed and we proceed.

Dropped him off in less than 40mins, turned on my app.
1st two trips that came in were going to abule-egba and somewhere after abule-egba respectively. I humbly declinned.

I went and packed close to good luck Jonathan estate.

8th trip came in, showing Ajeromi ifelodun as destination. I cancelled before it could ring half, but it came back again, I accepted. Called rider, he was going to satellite town. ...told him I can't go beyond alakija; he cancelled.
The trip came back again, he cancelled.
I turned off my app for 2mins, turn it on and it came back again, I cancelled. It came back again, he cancelled. It came back again, he cancelled.
Turned off my app and started driving towards Gowon estate, half way towards Egbeda bus stop, I turned on my app again, same trip came in, he cancelled it came again like 3 times; he cancelled

Before another one came in from Jemade estate to Lagos island.

Dropped off rider and took another trip to Ikoyi, then went home from there.
That's how my morning was spoilt oh!

I'm in my room now cooling my mind, body and spirit wirh Vodka.

..."ll continue by 3pm.
grin The bolded part is funny. Seems like you are the only driver around that area that’s why his request kept coming to you.

I can see you only managed to complete 2/18 rides, grin shocked

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 2:31pm On Jul 20, 2020
Vision2045:
Your engine seats are bad, let them check them for you.
It could be only be one of them
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 2:33pm On Jul 20, 2020
Babadee1900:
grin The bolded part is funny. Seems like you are the only driver around that area that’s why his request kept coming to you.

I can see you only managed to complete 2/18 rides, grin shocked

Na so we see am today bro.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 2:34pm On Jul 20, 2020
Gentlelife50:

Your engine seats are bad, let them check them for you.
It could be only be one of them

It must be more than one.
One is manageable.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 2:46pm On Jul 20, 2020
donfortune48:

Na so we see am today bro.
Some days are like that. Best wishes bro cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (2836) (2837) (2838) (2839) (2840) (2841) (2842) ... (5700) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: hefelove(m), Pearl1910, Ceenelly(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.