Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,048 members, 7,810,873 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2860) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4730395 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2857) (2858) (2859) (2860) (2861) (2862) (2863) ... (5688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:20am On Jul 28, 2020
Biodunforu:
Brothers, I am pending a request to badagri beach, please how motorable is the roads there. Thanks in advance

The road is bad, but its motorable because the rains have stopped

At least, you go see where to chook leg grin

Jee nke oma cool

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 9:21am On Jul 28, 2020
Biodunforu:
Brothers, I am pending a request to badagri beach, please how motorable is the roads there. Thanks in advance

Ol' boy!! Make you shine your eye wella o

That route is quite notorious for car theft and also road is very bad.

Offline would have been very good option but abeg shine yah eyes wella o lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 9:26am On Jul 28, 2020
deedee44:

Why will I buy charger for rider, on the peanut they're paying.. am I mad? Before when the fare was manageable I used to have expensive chewing gums not until one olosho just pack more than half into her bag, I noticed after she left since then it's N10 chewing gum.
Then when price was slashed I removed my N10 gum too, riders will be paying peanuts and be expecting premium service lol.
One female rider once asked me... Why don't you have iPhone charger.. I don't use iPhone.. case closed

Same here with me, my 2 phones are type C and type B USB chargers, if the rider's phone doesn't fall into any of the categories, nah OYO for the rider oooh. If you want to charge your iPhone come with your cable.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 28, 2020
There was a post by a driver here one time where he made mention of a trip he took from Ilupeju to Agbado crossing which is near Ogun state.

Brothers if I may ask you, do you think that the Union chairman was stupid when he asked the driver "his plans for life"?

Like how can you drive that far distance for 2,400?

If you are an investor reading this, pull your car from this business and sell it before they wreck it.

If I were still driving, I will start asking riders how many they are before I go and pick them. This is why I dont take early morning trips on Sundays when I worked. Nigerians are very dubious and crafty. They like to take advantage. Like how can I be taking a trip of 600 back then and carry 4 people? Even a Kabu Kabu can't accept that.

There is a reason some Kabu kabu drivers were able to build houses in their prime before Uber and Bolt came and spoilt business for them. Back then in Maryland, the cheapest I can get a cab man to take me to Surulere back then is 2500-3000 with abeg. On Uber Bolt these days, riders get it for as low as 1000.

Think about this.

Most of you are shouting more trips for more money but you don't know that the more trips you take, the more wear and tear your car suffers. Its that bad brothers.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 9:31am On Jul 28, 2020
toomush:

Same here with me, my 2 phones are type C and type B USB chargers, if the rider's phone doesn't fall into any of the categories, nah OYO for the rider oooh. If you want to charge your iPhone come with your cable.

See vexing grin!! Drivers just dey para anyhow.....it is well,we shall overcome.

But to get multiple mouth cords for all phones shouldn't be too difficult for a driver nah. This one Noh suppose bring quarrel.

Noh be rider fault say fares dey low at the moment grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 28, 2020
Guys let me remind you again that the original plan for ehailing was "Transportation in Luxury and Comfort".

The Luxury means that it is Premium and should not be compromised by cheap fares.

Thats why people will abandon their cars to have you drive for them and pay you handsomely as an executive driver.

If you allow them to do this thing to you people, be willing to have Agbero and Danfo people as your riders. Even touts will be your main patronisers.

Your Job should be executive and luxury. Quit that job now.

#BeDisruptive.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 9:38am On Jul 28, 2020
AngryIgboDon:
There was a post by a driver here one time where he made mention of a trip he took from Ilupeju to Agbado crossing which is near Ogun state.

Brothers if I may ask you, do you think that Union chairman was stupid when he asked the driver "his plans for life"?

Like how can you drive that far distance for 1,400?

If you are an investor reading this, pull your car from this business and sell it before they wreck it.

If I were still driving, I will start asking riders how many they are. This is why I dont take early morning trips on Sundays when I worked. Nigerians are very dubious and crafty. Like how can I be taking a trip of 600 back then and carry 4 people? Even a Kabu Kabu can't accept that.

There is a reason some Kabu kabu drivers were able to build houses in their prime before Uber and Bolt came and spoilt business for them. Back then in Maryland, the cheapest I can get a cab man to take me to Surulere back then is 2500-3000 with abeg. On Uber Bolt these days, riders get it for as low as 1000.

Think about this.

Most of you are shouting more trips for more money but you don't know that the more trips you take, the more wear and tear your car suffers. Its that bad brothers.

There is no way a trip from ilupeju to agbado will be 1,400 except there was error with the app or drivers phone.

We need to cut dis guys some slack as well. But I agree that fares are poor but what can you do other than to find another hustle or pull out your car entirely.

Complaining won't solve nothing undecided
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 9:40am On Jul 28, 2020
AngryIgboDon:
Guys let me remind you again that the original plan for ehailing was "Transportation in Luxury and Comfort".

The Luxury means that it is Premium and should not be compromised by cheap fares.

Thats why people will abandon their cars to have you drive for them and pay you handsomely as an executive driver.

If you allow them to do this thing to you people, be willing to have Agbero and Danfo people as your riders. Even touts will be your main patronisers.

Your Job should be executive and luxury. Quit that job now.

#BeDisruptive.

Exactly!! Quit if you can't cope, c'est fini
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 9:41am On Jul 28, 2020
AngryIgboDon:

Brothers if I may ask you, do you think that Union chairman was stupid when he asked the driver "his plans for life"?

Like how can you drive that far distance for 1,400?

If I were still driving, I will start asking riders how many they are. This is why I dont take early morning trips on Sundays when I worked. Nigerians are very dubious and crafty. Like how can I be taking a trip of 600 back then and carry 4 people? Even a Kabu Kabu can't accept that.

Think about this.

Brother man. The way things dey go now, Maryland to surulere might go down to 500 naira pere very soon. grin

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:00am On Jul 28, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

Not quite true, yes there are obviously sratches and minor dents but nothing major except for full suspension overhaul which he is taking care of and need I say that the odometer reading on all the cars is less than 100k.

The problem is that he got into the business at a wrong time and his expectations fell short with rentals,so he is backtracking and switching to HP.

2 no's 06 and 07 Camry and 1 manual 07 Corolla, you can go have a look and possibly make an offer to buy if interested.

Those r not my choice car, I still maintain, its not worth spending over 1.2 million on this hustle.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 10:08am On Jul 28, 2020
deedee44:

Drivers will rush back to Uber, small time Uber too will introduce their own craze and drivers will rush to the initially abandoned bolt. Sometimes I feel like Uber and bolt have meetings on how to keep using drivers to play ping pong

Without a ping-pong there is no table tennis. Without the drivers uber/taxify is nonexistent. Until the drivers realize how important they are in the grand scheme of things and unite to get that desired change that they so wish, nothing is going to happen.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pappy4real(m): 10:11am On Jul 28, 2020
peeps4u:

My candid advice. I dont think you can opt for either HP o2e rental with your job. If you go for HP, you will have to dip into your salary to pay which i dont think it's worth it considering you already have a job. There is no need going for HP, it will only amount to working for the owner because of the outrageous price (almost double) you will pay for the car.

It would have been easier if you have your own car which you can use to work on off days.

It is even better you go for loan, say 800k, and get yourself a good naija used car to work (since you have a job) than doing HP.

DONT GO FOR HP, THOSE WHO DRIVE FULL TIME ARE EVEN HAVING HARD TIMES COMPLETING THE HP CONTRACTUAL PERIOD.

Good luck

Thank u very much for ur response. Nigeria is unfortunately a nonfunctional country cos no 1 would offer me such loan with a salary of less Dan 100k.
I only wish there are better alternatives
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 10:18am On Jul 28, 2020
ndubuis:

Times are different now. Desperate times, everyone is desperate to make money. Bolt is no exception. They no longer make as much as they use to due to the impact of coronavirus.

They have absolutely nothing to lose by making a terribly low fare even lower at the expense of drivers and car owners. It means more money for them while the drivers suffer and sweat it out in traffic. Only an idiot rider will opt for standard fare when you have economy, same car? It doesn't even make sense.

I'm sure if Bolt goes ahead to reduce fares, Uber will follow suit. The suffering continues for drivers.

Economy means no ac. We all ride with the windows down. If rider ask, you just tell them they are flying economy class.

16 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pappy4real(m): 10:18am On Jul 28, 2020
deedee44:

Since you will not be driving full time, don't think of rentals. You will just be working for Uber/bolt and the car owner. If you have your own car only then will it be a good side hustle for you

OK. Thank u sir

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 10:51am On Jul 28, 2020
pope191:

Those r not my choice car, I still maintain, its not worth spending over 1.2 million on this hustle.

My ideal investment on this hustle now is 800k max and should be a good naija used car.

Whoever still invests on toks cars for this biz is still living in yesterday.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 28, 2020
chucsmoore:

Something similar has been launched in South Africa lastweek. Nigeria is about to follow suit.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.iol.co.za/amp/business-report/companies/bolt-launches-new-low-cost-ride-hailing-service-in-sa-51215961
The one about to be launched here is quite different. That of South Africa is for hatchbacks, I presume even a two door coup and other forms of hatchbacks will fall into this category of cheaper fares which may make a little bit of sense.

What Bolt is trying to do in Nigeria is a senseless way of crashing down fares. Same type of cars, different fares.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 11:07am On Jul 28, 2020
xana101:
Took one rude girl from gbagada to ikeja. Price was N1,200. On Bolt. Both of us had quarrel from d express to her destination. When she paid me,, I had to swear for Bolt cos if I receive this kind insult and rider paid N2,500. I’ll be happy not receiving insult on peanut, yet they plan of reducing it more. Ok no problem. I’m waiting. One, I won’t put on AC. Two, if u insult me I end trip and drop u. Three, if u no take time I might injure u. Four, ur life will be at risk if u don’t respect urself.
That’s why u can’t do uber or Bolt and be successful in Nigeria. Their commission is very high. Fare is so cheap. If u Gross 12k on Bolt a day, ur profit is 6k that is if u drive ur own car. now traffic are everywhere so how do u complete d more rides. Even with d current price at times u won’t be able to off ur app cos request keep coming. I prefer to do 4 trips a day that will give me 10k or more, than doing 10 useless trips. At this juncture, we need a union. #unionforuberboltdriver

Abeg boss chat me up 08055347947
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jaymejate: 11:18am On Jul 28, 2020
Kala11:

Pls where is there office located and how much to get it done?

Is at oshodi. Before Oshodi bridge.

It's 2k and easy. No stress
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by benitdavid: 11:53am On Jul 28, 2020
Good morning my fellow Nairalanders. Pls I want your honest opinion on this issue. A friend wants to pick up a toks Corolla 03 model for 2.5m on hp. Would you advice him to pick up the offer?

P.s. he has a 9-5 job already but the pay isn’t much, less than 100k so he isn’t going to be driving full time . Is it a good deal??
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chinyce(m): 11:54am On Jul 28, 2020
Gentlelife50:

Drivers will only shout for two days and that is it, very unfortunate.
They may not even notice as they will be busy moving Lagos to ogun state, chaii

Exactly, many drivers do not realise how ridiculously low the fare charges are in this present economy. The thrill around the usage of the app makes many work like donkeys trying to meet unrealistic targets, ignorantly. I for example came to fathom the very poor fare charges imposed on our Luxury sedans, from when I took a break since January (I can't come and go and kill myself) and lockdown break. Looking at those fares is disheartening, only God can deliver HP guys through this peril. I don't intend Driving for #uberbolts until a commiserate fare charges are approved, or my own car, (my own downtool has started) though I have not started anything else yet.

Meanwhile, I have taken the advantage of my leisure time to bombard #bolts with messages and letters regarding their operations and treatment of Drivers under their platforms, via Facebook, Twitter and company email channels. Although, no reply has been forthcoming, I am not relenting, if you have the time join in this crusade in whatever part you can play individually.

Write to them constructively and precise about the regressive plight facing Drivers on their platforms, via every available channel you can reach. It's not by compulsion you should downtool as I have done, since Drivers have different capabilities and challenges, but if we can compel erring Riders who failed to comply to payment to respond at will, I feel we can yeild same result applying same pressure, instead of mumurring and complaining among ourselves.
Below is a message I sent to #bolts email channel.

"Hello Bolts,

We implore you to kindly look into the issues Drivers have been raising, so we can collectively and mutually benefit and enjoy the partnership relationship between Drivers community and your e-hailing ride sharing platform.

Your continuous disregard to situation of Drivers will one day serve as throw back to the operations of Bolts as an e-hailing company in the country.

Please kindly investigate and conduct proper research into the issue of poor and very low fare charges on trips offered to potential riders and customers especially in the city of Lagos.

Obstacles such as Traffic congestion, Terrible bad road network, Excessive interference of Law enforcement agents, increasing cost of vehicle parts, high cost of vehicle maintenance and repair, these and many more has hampered Drivers efforts to deliver quality service to customers and riders.

Adding to this now, is Bolts deliberate and conscious disbursement of close to zero charges and ride promos at the expense of Drivers pains and sweat, coupled with the back-breaking percentage commission charge of 20% levied on Drivers gross income.

The Drivers are sacrificing more than convenient and more than necessary to ensure the Team work which we signed into, yield results. We the Drivers under your platform Pray, that you likewise put forward a commiserate energy to the success of all this promotions in the following measures.

Firstly, the Drivers under your platform seek for a downward review of the companies Percentage commission, at most to an appreciable level. Convenient for all the connected stakeholders in the industry, namely Bolts, Drivers, Car owners(Investors), Riders etc.

Secondly, the Drivers under your platform seek and request, that you reverse and re-position the fare charges for trips to be at par with the quality, top notch, efficient service delivered at the door steps of homes, offices and at all hours as required by our highly esteemed customers and riders of this great establishment.

We kindly envisage and appreciate your prompt and respectful response to this requests. Thanks in advance and Remain Blessed.

Bolts Driver."
Quoted.

Feel free to reapply this write up until they recognise that we exist. Also, same pressure should be applied to its competitor #uber.
Thanks.

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slickleo: 12:20pm On Jul 28, 2020
So because we do some trips without AC and save some few litre of fuel, bolt still Dy put eye to block that with there economy plan, it is well

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by UcLloyd: 12:45pm On Jul 28, 2020
The car I want to use for Bolt has Rivers state number and another name on the papers than the one on my driver's license. Hope Bolt will accept me? Cus I'm yet to do change of ownership with the previous owner of the car I bought for the ehailing

Someone please answer me
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 28, 2020
UcLloyd:
The car I want to use for Bolt has Rivers state number and another name on the papers than the one on my driver's license. Hope Bolt will accept me? Cus I'm yet to do change of ownership with the previous owner of the car I bought for the ehailing

Someone please answer me

Don't know much about the plate number...

But for the second part....you are Good to go...it's acceptable...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by olaboyeh(m): 12:51pm On Jul 28, 2020
Slickleo:
So because we do some trips without AC and save some few litre of fuel, bolt still Dy put eye to block that with there economy plan, it is well

Which one is economy plan again
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Oluwabengz(m): 12:55pm On Jul 28, 2020
Mjosh1000:

This offer is still open

It might just stay open for a very long time with the weekly Remittance requested grin

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 28, 2020
davit:
Oga stop posting your advert here. You don't seem to be a serious person. I asked you about renewal for 2 vehicles last week, till now no solid response. If you can't disclose your price, then it is better you don't advertise. Every thread na there I dey see you. Kí lóde?

You should be reasonable enough to see his number on the post you quoted.
What do you think the number is for?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 1:02pm On Jul 28, 2020
benitdavid:
Good morning my fellow Nairalanders. Pls I want your honest opinion on this issue. A friend wants to pick up a toks Corolla 03 model for 2.5m on hp. Would you advice him to pick up the offer?

P.s. he has a 9-5 job already but the pay isn’t much, less than 100k so he isn’t going to be driving full time . Is it a good deal??

2.5m car on HP? If he doesn't mind paying most of the 2.5m for a car of just over 1m naira from his salary because I dont know how he intends to do ehailing with his job to meet up with weekly remittance which will surely not be less than 25k.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 1:19pm On Jul 28, 2020
peeps4u:

My ideal investment on this hustle now is 800k max and should be a good naija used car.

Whoever still invests on toks cars for this biz is still living in yesterday.
What I said since last year, a lot of people are yet to realize this simple fact.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 1:26pm On Jul 28, 2020
Oga Felicity0001 see your kind of trip grin

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 1:37pm On Jul 28, 2020
Felicity0001:

You nees to go and pray this is not a good dream oh.

@eyinola: but really I was @ jibowu the other day when one corolla passed, and the car was loaded with, guess what? Basket of tomatoes. Of cause there are many possibilities but my 6th sense tell me say na uber be the guy. Instantly I felt sorry for the car and the owner.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 1:56pm On Jul 28, 2020
Vision2045:
To be honest we sincerely need a platform where atleast 70% of e-hailing partners can be reached.....

This companies just do as it suit them.... I don't know if anyone notice that today....around that afternoon destination was hidden.

Now they are talking of economy .....same car, same fuel cost....same wears and tears, same distance.... But low fare.....

Abeg who no go choose economy when you know the service is same as the lite.....why the premium package no sell, na cos less people opt for it....before we know it economy will become the new lite

Aswear if I get money I go buy that indriver repackage their strategy and app... In just a year .. Bolt will be out of business in Nigeria

Imagine someone on economy behaving rudely towards you with the 300naira him/she wan pay u...

You know this thing you mentioned can happen o. The way indriver is growing, uber/bolt can buy the company and just crash it. The same way coca cola did with limca. It happens every time with big companies when they feel threatened by smaller companies.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nwizu042: 2:02pm On Jul 28, 2020
Just imagine this nonsense....

(1) (2) (3) ... (2857) (2858) (2859) (2860) (2861) (2862) (2863) ... (5688) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.