Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,042 members, 7,810,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2863) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4730359 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2860) (2861) (2862) (2863) (2864) (2865) (2866) ... (5688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:46am On Jul 29, 2020
nitigriti:
On this Bolt trying to lower fares further, maybe we should consider porting to EkoCab. I see potential in EkoCab for two key reasons:
1. It is State Government backed;
2. Sterling Bank is financing

Why don't we form a "body" or a "committee" to engage EkoCab as it plans to launch. I have inside information that they have an initial 100 tokunbo cars to give out on hire purchase to drivers. The cap is #2,000,000 and the interest is 17% per annum for 2 years. That means a #2,680,000 payment over 2 years - or approximately #26,800 per week. If you take a car that is worth #1,500,000; your total payment over 2 years will be #2,010,000 or #20,100 per week. And the whole remittance thing is flexible.

I understand good cars can be registered on the platform too.

EkoCab has the potential to knock both Uber and Bolt out of the Lagos market. Maybe it's time we all key in.

Lastly, e-hailing should always be seen as a side hustle. There are other legit hustles that pay off well. For example, I know someone who brings in Palm Oil into Lagos from Benin. Another packages and sells yam flour on Jumia. Yet another brings in kilishi from Abuja. They all make good money.

My 2 Kobo.

All what u list here is still hustle, why not upgrade certificate or move to a better country where things work?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 12:06pm On Jul 29, 2020
pope191:

All what u list here is still hustle, why not upgrade certificate or move to a better country where things work?

My brother, that's why I wrote e-hailing should always be seen as a side hustle.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 12:10pm On Jul 29, 2020
DEGREE2466:

Don't feel like a God. People do this a lot. Even on Fiverr, people make such requests and it gets granted.

People make much more daring requests like having their company name registered in the United States.

If I had known this is the way you would react, I wouldn't bother. I didn't go straight to sending you a private message so it doesn't seem like I have an ulterior motive.

Just to receive a phone from e-commerce website and ship to Nigeria is rude?

Please swerve.

For the respondent asking why I didn't consider using DHL, some of these businesses don't ship to Nigeria. Ask anybody that buy from eBay and Amazon, they have people that receive their items and ship them to Nigeria. Even the ShopToMyDoor that someone recommended, they have their agents in the States.

The mistake I made was getting in touch with the wrong person and quoting her on the wrong thread (my intention was never to post on Uber thread, it happened that this thread is where she comments most so I just quoted her last comment when I searched).

Let's die this. I never wanted to respond any further but someone is already feeling like a demi-god

There is a guy on nairaland that can even help you buy any item of your choice and ship to you.

I've forgotten his moniker though but a thorough search will lead you to him.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 12:24pm On Jul 29, 2020
izzou:

I think the issue here is that drivers are not looking at the issue critically...

Drivers come here to lament of how hard it is to get trips despite the #500 fare. So is it when it becomes #2000 that you'll now get the trip?

Since the bird has learnt to fly without landing, the hunter should learn to shoot without missing

Whether we like it or not, competitors will come in and reduction in fares will prevail. Whether we also like it or not, people will still be putting cars into this business

(b)Drivers should simply look into other options of breaking even...maybe changing the tools for the job(I've always believed the corolla is now a wrong tool for the job), or exploring other options(/b)

Because the bitter truth is if Uber increases the fare to #1200 minimum, getting a trip would be difficult

You were not getting numerous trips when it was #500, then will riders rush you when its #1200?

For those who can't take it like me, jejely quit grin

This is why I am of the opinion spending less then a million naira on a good naija used car. The era of investing on tokunbo cars for this job is going/gone.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cheddaz: 12:25pm On Jul 29, 2020
So because of the rot in our government, we should take things as it is. No be the same hustle people overseas they hustle. And someone is saying we should stop having a sense of entitlement. Are you kidding me. That na why the government dey use us as foot mat.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 12:28pm On Jul 29, 2020
pope191:

You talk like this hustle can't even fetch more money than some/many cert jobs. Bro, some of these hustles nitigriti listed go fetch money, good one at the long run. It is all about knowing what one wants.

Yes, I support leaving the country if one has the means, not only because of better job/economy but because of uncertainties known with Nigeria and its policy makers which can crash any surviving business at the twinkle of an eye.

God no go shame us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 12:49pm On Jul 29, 2020
nitigriti:
On this Bolt trying to lower fares further, maybe we should consider porting to EkoCab. I see potential in EkoCab for two key reasons:
1. It is State Government backed;
2. Sterling Bank is financing

Why don't we form a "body" or a "committee" to engage EkoCab as it plans to launch. I have inside information that they have an initial 100 tokunbo cars to give out on hire purchase to drivers. The cap is #2,000,000 and the interest is 17% per annum for 2 years. That means a #2,680,000 payment over 2 years - or approximately #26,800 per week. If you take a car that is worth #1,500,000; your total payment over 2 years will be #2,010,000 or #20,100 per week. And the whole remittance thing is flexible.

I understand good cars can be registered on the platform too.

EkoCab has the potential to knock both Uber and Bolt out of the Lagos market. Maybe it's time we all key in.

Lastly, e-hailing should always be seen as a side hustle. There are other legit hustles that pay off well. For example, I know someone who brings in Palm Oil into Lagos from Benin. Another packages and sells yam flour on Jumia. Yet another brings in kilishi from Abuja. They all make good money.

My 2 Kobo.

My brother that palm oil thing, just like frying akara, they say you have to join something. Thought of that business but my mother in-law say make I no think am.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 1:12pm On Jul 29, 2020
bolabiyi:
recently, i told him of my inability to save for a new apartment as i am under fire in my present apartment. he said Biyi dont worry, God will make a way. i drove to his house the next morning to pick him for work....ME.. good morning sir, how was ur night? he replied, fine. i thought about you yrsterday night and i have decided to support. i will support you u with 300,000. i was shocked shocked shocked is this how God works? so is not about struggle shocked i wept inside thanking God. he requested for my acct num and transferred. im writing this to encourage someone....dont be discourage with ur present circumstance, dont rely on ur struggles......seek God and you will testify... Blessings only come from God.... one love guys...

That Man is an angel in human form. Miracles do exist

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 1:15pm On Jul 29, 2020
Crvrider:

My brother that palm oil thing, just like frying akara, they say you have to join something. Thought of that business but my mother in-law say make I no think am.

Yea that's true, you have to joing a group (cult) before you can go into the business of palm oil.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 1:26pm On Jul 29, 2020
Long pickups, very low fares, traffic everywhere... Local man is tired. E be like say I go just hang boot for now.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 1:28pm On Jul 29, 2020
Cheddaz:
So na only corolla of 17 years dey drive on the platform. I know the kind of cars i see on the platform. My younger bro was a partner before. He rented out a 2013 corrola and moove is planning on using newer cars, abi no be the same fare them go still charge? And what is your point are you saying the fares are ok? You also don't need to curse when replying any post. I don't know why some people are just enjoy being rude or sacarstic. Not nice[code][/code] by

What's the percentage of those cars you mentioned to that of 17 years old coros in the market?

If you make a request now,it's a 9 out of 10 chance it's gonna be coro or big daddy.

When I started this hustle the 1st car I drove was a brand new 2015 Volkswagen polo from a company called CAR4U, but they shipped out when this same thing you are complaining about started happening, this was 4 years ago.

I have never said prices are ok, infact can never be I only don't appreciate people complaining everyday without doing anything.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 1:34pm On Jul 29, 2020
izzou:

I think the issue here is that drivers are not looking at the issue critically...

Drivers come here to lament of how hard it is to get trips despite the #500 fare. So is it when it becomes #2000 that you'll now get the trip?

Since the bird has learnt to fly without landing, the hunter should learn to shoot without missing

Whether we like it or not, competitors will come in and reduction in fares will prevail. Whether we also like it or not, people will still be putting cars into this business

Drivers should simply look into other options of breaking even...maybe changing the tools for the job(I've always believed the corolla is now a wrong tool for the job), or exploring other options

Because the bitter truth is if Uber increases the fare to #1200 minimum, getting a trip would be difficult

You were not getting numerous trips when it was #500, then will riders rush you when its #1200?

For those who can't take it like me, jejely quit grin

You have just said what I said,I am still saying and will continue to say
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 1:36pm On Jul 29, 2020
pope191:

In the meantime nko?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sofdoc1: 1:41pm On Jul 29, 2020
Mjosh1000:

Oga is your own money working for you.
Or you are one of those that work for money all his life?

Good question sir.

Some money is working for me too. But I'm working to make more investments, you should too.

All I'm offering are investments plans so you grow as you work, help you plan for the nearest future cos we have plans and goals.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sofdoc1: 1:47pm On Jul 29, 2020
bolabiyi:
recently, i told him of my inability to save for a new apartment as i am under fire in my present apartment. he said Biyi dont worry, God will make a way. i drove to his house the next morning to pick him for work....ME.. good morning sir, how was ur night? he replied, fine. i thought about you yrsterday night and i have decided to support. i will support you u with 300,000. i was shocked shocked shocked is this how God works? so is not about struggle shocked i wept inside thanking God. he requested for my acct num and transferred. im writing this to encourage someone....dont be discourage with ur present circumstance, dont rely on ur struggles......seek God and you will testify... Blessings only come from God.... one love guys...

Your last statement is so true. Some people still think it's about the effort you put in.

It's not about that at all. It's about God blessing each effort you put in. The power of grace cannot be overemphasized.

And on days when it rains, remember to set some aside for investment cos it's not going to rain all the time.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sofdoc1: 1:50pm On Jul 29, 2020
Cooladex:

04 Matrix

That's interesting. What was the fuel level when you started the trip?

I'm thinking a Corolla wouldn't have that much luck in regards to the fuel consumption?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by flam5: 2:01pm On Jul 29, 2020
Every company has the right to make policies that will benefit their organizations. Their decisions can either make or mar them. However, there must be a striking balance and that is why we have regulatory bodies and unions for checks and balances. Everybody cannot farm, sell spare part, earn salary, do entertainment, do uber etc at the same time. Diversity is what makes an ideal economy. If we say people should leave a particular business because of challenges, how are we sure that they are not going to face bigger challenges in the other ones? Nigeria with her numerous challenges, are we all going to leave the country? How many countries will be able to accommodate 180 million people?
While I must commend bolt(even though they might have made up their minds) for doing a survey to source for opinions of drivers on bolt economy, I feel they should be sensitive to Nigerian economy. Recent devaluation of naira has made inflation rate rise above 12℅. Cost of maintenance of vehicles are seriously on the high side. It is funny that in Nigeria, we only adjust t.fares when there is increase in price of fuel neglecting other factors. For example, in more than a year, the price of fuel might be constant and automatically fixed t.fare, but within this period, the price of spare parts might have increased 2ce. That is why u see fine cars used for cabu cabu turns to rickety within months because drivers can't reach equilibrium with pricing.
My opinion: E-hailing needs good union.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 2:13pm On Jul 29, 2020
Mjosh1000:

Yea that's true, you have to joing a group (cult) before you can go into the business of palm oil.
I was serious involve in palm oil business abt 2/3 years ago...many tinz happened , my experience on it made front page on nairaland then ..u can still read it here incase u r interested in the business

www.tublezinfo..com

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SaintHilary(m): 2:32pm On Jul 29, 2020
If only 1 Man can sacrifice and go through the stress of Forming a Union for Uber drivers, Y'all won't be in a mess back to back to back!

It would take time And effort, but profitable for everyone at the end, cus at this point, unlike every other businesses..Anything Uber/Bolt gives, Ena go take am like dat cus Uber is still the employer/Union/everything! Which ain't supposed to be so.

I think it's tym y'all drivers re-evaluate this stuff, cus e no get how I take like this thread reach, if I see Bolt-Economy which would definitely be the same as lite with cheaper fares, I go enter without thinking twice.

Good Afternoon Hustlers!

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 2:34pm On Jul 29, 2020
I’m still in shock.. grin

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Beng1234: 2:42pm On Jul 29, 2020
3 weeks ago, my rating was 4.93. This morning, my rating was 4.70. As I Dey type, I Dey 4.60. Which way ?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eizenburg: 2:59pm On Jul 29, 2020
pope191:

grin I honestly don't want to meddle into this Toks/Naija used of a thingood. Toks is the best, but the purpose nko?
Classic case of eating and having your cake.

You want a car that SHOULDN’T give you headache, go for Toks, you wanna reduce investment cost, Naija used is the way.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eizenburg: 3:04pm On Jul 29, 2020
peeps4u:

There is a guy on nairaland that can even help you buy any item of your choice and ship to you.

I've forgotten his moniker though but a thorough search will lead you to him.

They are a dime a dozen. That’s another hustle grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 3:08pm On Jul 29, 2020
Oluwabengz:

Don't even say Amazon don't ship to Nigeria. I ordered an earpod from Amazon and it was delivered to my doorstep

No mind the guy, I know he's type and what they do

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 3:22pm On Jul 29, 2020
Babadee1900:

E don do me before
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by odimbannamdi(m): 3:32pm On Jul 29, 2020
AngryIgboDon:
Guys let me remind you again that the original plan for ehailing was "Transportation in Luxury and Comfort".

The Luxury means that it is Premium and should not be compromised by cheap fares.

Thats why people will abandon their cars to have you drive for them and pay you handsomely as an executive driver.

If you allow them to do this thing to you people, be willing to have Agbero and Danfo people as your riders. Even touts will be your main patronisers.

Your Job should be executive and luxury. Quit that job now.

#BeDisruptive.

I agree!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 29, 2020
Crvrider:

Truth is Mr. Biyi, don't just sit all day and be browsing o. Give yourself 1 to 3months to learn a soft skill like Microsoft excel. You could start with this book: excel 2019 bible by Michael Alexander. If you're into books then this is a site you'll love:
b-ok.cc

Exactly, alternatively he can enroll with Shaw academy. Let the good Samaritan know he's doing something concrete. His benevolence is just for a time depending on what you make out of it.
He should present a goal to the man, e.g, master photoshop or graphic design or web development or coding in 6-10 weeks.
I'm recommending shaw academy, their videos are so self explanatory and though the videos can't be downloaded, it can be screen recorded using windows key +G on windows 10 or alternatively download Filmora9 and use its screen recorder.
Just make sure you use a card that you keep chicken change because those guys are so aggressive in revenue drive and you may not be able to unsubscribe if you don't know the 7 step process.

I used them to learn photoshop and web design. Their lessons are better than LinkedIn classes.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 29, 2020
pope191:

grin finally madam rad gave her verdict on dis tug... in fairness when I saw the post, I chuckled and said to me self, taking shoot is allowed. Reasons not to get involved in this kind of help outweigh the reasons too. I have couple of friends/brothers over dia, I can't even think of asking 90% of dem such offer, cos deep within I knw I'm putting them in a jeopardy and as well pushing my luck too far. Overseas ppl sabi block number cheesy

Ordinary book self de hard them to bring but if you're in their shoe, you'll understand why. Well if you see the way Nigerians send 'abrodians' on errand you'll chuckle. Just don't let them know you're going or coming back. The little parcel they described for you will not be less than 2 suitcases and promises to reimburse extra expenses always enter voice mail

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 3:50pm On Jul 29, 2020
Babadee1900:

The actual price is 900 which bolt will pay u.

I once carried an uber employee whose fare read 0naira after trip, checked my trips and saw his fare which uber later paid.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OJURONGBE1(m): 3:55pm On Jul 29, 2020
eyinola:
I was serious involve in palm oil business abt 2/3 years ago...many tinz happened , my experience on it made front page on nairaland then ..u can still read it here incase u r interested in the business

www.tublezinfo..com

Eyinola, i read your blog.
I'm sure you ventured into the plantain market at the wrong time when there was glut (August -Mid March) as against scarcity season ( March - August) or the bunches were very small.

I own a plantain farm back home which gave good returns last year (harvested from April till September), if not for the wind that wrecked the farm in May, I would have cultivated more acres.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 29, 2020
Babadee1900:

Minor or severe shock grin grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 4:09pm On Jul 29, 2020
Mjosh1000:

Nigeria my country.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2860) (2861) (2862) (2863) (2864) (2865) (2866) ... (5688) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Djdamian(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.