Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,934 members, 7,824,935 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2875) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4775857 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2872) (2873) (2874) (2875) (2876) (2877) (2878) ... (5698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eizenburg: 6:05pm On Aug 02, 2020
ekehopp:

40 most recent trips please
If you think about this, it is most likely right. 40 most recent trips simply means if you’ve done 47 trips, the first 7 trips becomes irrelevant and only the last forty are taken into consideration.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eizenburg: 6:08pm On Aug 02, 2020
peeps4u:

Who sabi lagos road pass between google map and izzou map?

Please don’t insult our one and only Izzou, he sabi more than road oo. Izzou wey want link me to Aso rock.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 6:27pm On Aug 02, 2020
deedee44:

I don cancel trip the following day before. Trip entered when I was heading home around 7pm so I tried my luck if destination wld be towards my house but it was exactly opposite. I started calling rider didn't pick I just kept driving to my house. I woke up next morning to go online only to see the mofo trip still on
clowns everywhr ;Dso some of them don't even need a ride actually

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 7:35pm On Aug 02, 2020
jpworld:

What did u see driving Uber? Olosho insult u?
Go slow for road? Owner 4 dash u the car bc u see all those things.

U don dey hustle since 2000/2002 for wharf, why not go back to wharf, since uber driving job is tough.
The picture below describes you.

Go fvck urself.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunjity26: 8:19pm On Aug 02, 2020
please house can i use skoda fabia 2008 for uber?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 8:22pm On Aug 02, 2020
tunjity26:
please house can i use skoda fabia 2008 for uber?

Any car from 2000

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:00pm On Aug 02, 2020
jpworld:

I will say it again, any owner giving out car for 20k, will go bankrupt in few months, he won't have money to maintain the car.

All driver will do is look for another owner.
There is surge, so it should be more than that.
Make it 100k per week

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 9:21pm On Aug 02, 2020
jpworld:

Where is the insult?

That he has hustled since 2002 and still a driver on rental is not insult, if he feel is easy he should go and make money and invest in uber.

I will say it again, once church open Rental should increase from current 25k weekly.

LOL, it is one thing to demand for 30/35k, it is another thing if it is attainable with drivers. New drivers desperately looking for cars will even accept 40k but it always doesnt end well.
I will advise again, drive the car yourself or sell it if 25k is too low. This job don cast and mostly suitable for owner drivers, u can't force drivers to deliver what's not deliverable, no matter how badly you clamour for 35k.
Which drivers will deliver 35k weekly again? No old driver will even accept 30k, only new drivers accept such and they mostly always fail.

Good luck.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 9:39pm On Aug 02, 2020
northbird:

Boss, will they do that?
There are 2 types of Car owners, those that wants to keep food on their tables and those who are strictly into business. The former would want to conform and adapt to the present situation of things on ground without considering the adverse effect on their investment. The latter would do the neccesarry thing to protect their investment with everything it takes. Car owners who mean business knows the right thing to do at the moment

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:50pm On Aug 02, 2020
Babadee1900:
Offline trip is interesting. Let’s just be careful with riders we negotiate offline trips with.

The girl I took to Atican beach earlier bought 30,000 worth of ‘Loud’ on the way. Imagine what will happen if you are with that kind of a rider on offline and police stop you.

By the way, SCIID abi SARS are already on that Okun-Ajah road as at the time I was leaving.
Some guys coming to the beach had to do a 360 turn when they sighted the police guys. Had to slam hard on my brake to let him go. Crazy stunt.

I guess am lost in some part of this world, and I call myself OG. The girls I carried last week spend almost an hour talking about shine, the shine! Shine!! Just kept coming out like it's air to them. I will hear "I need get shine like 40k" "I no like to the shine alone." I was just lost in tot, what's this shine these girls keep calling, I could only narrow it down to drugs. My generation! My generation!!

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 10:17pm On Aug 02, 2020
pope191:

I guess am lost in some part of this world, and I call myself OG. The girls I carried last week spend almost an hour talking about shine, the shine! Shine!! Just kept coming out like it's air to them. I will hear "I need get shine like 40k" "I no like to the shine alone." I was just lost in tot, what's this shine these girls keep calling, I could only narrow it down to drugs. My generation! My generation!!
You are old school grin
Girls these days fear me sha. My first rider on Friday, female, was on phone with her friend from sky mall to presken oniru. She was telling her friend about the previous night, how she wasted from drinking skushis and small stout mixture. Already making plans of how she will repeat same that day.

Carried one this morning before 9am from Ilasan, the moment she sat down, she said please I need 5h from you I need to get condom on the way, you will stop for me to buy it anywhere we see Aboki.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 12:13am On Aug 03, 2020
peeps4u:

LOL, it is one thing to demand for 30/35k, it is another thing if it is attainable with drivers. New drivers desperately looking for cars will even accept 40k but it always doesnt end well.
I will advise again, drive the car yourself or sell it if 25k is too low. This job don cast and mostly suitable for owner drivers, u can't force drivers to deliver what's not deliverable, no matter how badly you clamour for 35k.
Which drivers will deliver 35k weekly again? No old driver will even accept 30k, only new drivers accept such and they mostly always fail.

Good luck.
I wonder why you are so interested talking to a blatant fool abi you sabi d guy?

30/35k for 17years old car when moove 2016 is there @25k plus brand new phone that becomes years personally.

Only one small 17years motor him manage buy him no won let person hear world again, we have people on this thread with 10-15cars on uber we no dey hear them make noise na this nonentity with just 1 kekebu motor wey him buy for cars45 dey shark am.

I know a guy here who owns his car but says he's on rental.

Empty can makes the loudest noise

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dansito: 2:00am On Aug 03, 2020
Morning pilot,pls I feel I was cheated with this fare on bolt. Pls can someone help me to calcute this fare.Thanks so much

Felicity0001
Izzou

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 2:35am On Aug 03, 2020
Babadee1900:
You are old school grin
Girls these days fear me sha. My first rider on Friday, female, was on phone with her friend from sky mall to presken oniru. She was telling her friend about the previous night, how she wasted from drinking skushis and small stout mixture. Already making plans of how she will repeat same that day.

Carried one this morning before 9am from Ilasan, the moment she sat down, she said please I need 5h from you I need to get condom on the way, you will stop for me to buy it anywhere we see Aboki.

I hope you didnt buy it for her?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 2:48am On Aug 03, 2020
dansito:
Morning pilot,pls I feel I was cheated with this fare on bolt. Pls can someone help me to calcute this fare.Thanks so much

Felicity0001
Izzou

Base fare=200
65/km=20.6×65=1339
10/min=10×55=550
Total=2089

I might be wrong.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 5:47am On Aug 03, 2020
Babadee1900:
You are old school grin

I won't dispute that grin but I think is the morally inclined shoulder I was raised upon, I just can't get myself to complete a lot of stuffs. As much as rap is my favorite genre as in I'm some deep into it, way back 8 years, I remember having issues wit lady cos she try to change me and I still do, don't know why ppl see rap lovers as dwag... but I neva lost my psyche or give into drugs at any point in time, tho I can b a weirdo and odd in a very strange way. Like now I'm up listening to my music jeje and may b like dis till 8, d Monday rusher may not understand that I've wasted 6 days of my life driving like a mad person for uber (52 trips) grin I deserve some rest, I can not come & d*e

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 5:47am On Aug 03, 2020
dansito:

Felicity0001
Izzou

Don't see any cheat here
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 6:39am On Aug 03, 2020
nwizu042:

Story!!
So how come my rating changed twice in two days?
Are you saying I completed *40* trips after the first change?
Abegggggg.....
The rating system uses a FIFO (First In First Out) method, it means when you start driving newly, your rating will remain at 5.00 (default rating) until you're rated 40 times, from then the next rating will push out the first rating and your overall rating will be recalculated.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 6:43am On Aug 03, 2020
jpworld:

My cars are currently parked, until business is back to normal, u can go join construction job, that is where u can get daily pay 4 survival. For now releasing a Corolla for 20k is as good as jamming the car against the wall.

Owner - driver battle is a funny battle.

If owners and drivers do nothing find a way to face where the real problem is coming from. Then both sides will lose. However, 20k weekly on 2Million investment is 1% weekly ie 12% per annum.

Sell off your car or convert ur rental to HP.

The problem are the agents.( ie ehailing companies with low fare)

If fare were so good. There wont be a debate on 20k or 40k rental as 40k weekly were paid when fares were good.

The worst is yet to come for those in uber/bolt business if fare keeps crashing to compete with danfo riders cos ehailing companies are looking for every possible way to gain more riders leaving investors and drivers stranded.

They laugh at owners and drivers when they argue over remittance from their offices yet you worship them for job opportunities.

God will save us all from this slavery. ( owners are equally enslaved indirectly. Wise up.

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 6:45am On Aug 03, 2020
peeps4u:

I hope you didnt buy it for her?
No! She already bought it before booking my ride, we only met with the dispatch rider halfway to collect it and I would not have known that was what she collected if not for the call she made.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 6:49am On Aug 03, 2020
sportFX:

That's for upwards ratings, I can tell you authoritatively that your rating changes immediately if it's downwards (1 star) I'm speaking from experience not as a driver but as a former staff of ****.
As a staff how did you experience driver's rating?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 6:51am On Aug 03, 2020
knytred:
You shouldnt be with that type of rider , be it offline or online ... do you think your online status will save you with 30k loud in the car ??

Yes it will
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 6:53am On Aug 03, 2020
Babadee1900:
grin You think 30k loud is one basket of I*bo? The thing no full the ziplock bag they use at pharmacies.
grin grin grin grin grin grin one basket of elubo... Bad guy grin grin grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sportFX: 6:58am On Aug 03, 2020
deedee44:

As a staff how did you experience driver's rating?

Your question is rather funny and naive, part of training you have simulations, how do you offer support when you don't the complete application?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 7:03am On Aug 03, 2020
Tgiirl:

Owner - driver battle is a funny battle.

If owners and drivers do nothing find a way to face where the real problem is coming from. Then both sides will lose. However, 20k weekly on 2Million investment is 1% weekly ie 12% per annum.

Sell off your car or convert ur rental to HP.

It's actually 52% per annum, still bad investment though

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 7:19am On Aug 03, 2020
deedee44:

It's actually 52% per annum, still bad investment though

Bro. But you know dt 20k sef can't b steady for 50 weeks straight.

There is no driver in Lagos that can deliver 52 weeks without fail.

So d % remittance will fall further.

Tgirl said it all, the ehailng companies r d real culprits, trying to slash fares further and promise heaven in Lagos to riders.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eldemmi(m): 7:23am On Aug 03, 2020
Babadee1900:
Everybody just they go about with their lives jor. Who go die go die, who go live go live. embarassed

Babadee please I have some questions I will like you to help answer

1. on scale of 1-10 how can u rate Honda Accord for this work
2. do use it part time or full time.
3. can u still recommend it for people who will own and drive it themselves.
4.what is ur experience with EOD
5. finally sir do u use China ball joint or OEM or tokunbo

please if you are not comfortable answering it here you can ignore or provide way for me to get those answers personally, I just feel it would be useful for other people too here.
thanks in anticipation sir.
much love.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dansito: 7:59am On Aug 03, 2020
peeps4u:

Base fare=200
65/km=20.6×65=1339
10/min=10×55=550
Total=2089

I might be wrong.

Pope101

Thanks

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sportFX: 8:04am On Aug 03, 2020
northbird:

Bro. But you know dt 20k sef can't b steady for 50 weeks straight.

There is no driver in Lagos that can deliver 52 weeks without fail.

So d % remittance will fall further.

Tgirl said it all, the ehailng companies r d real culprits, trying to slash fares further and promise heaven in Lagos to riders.

My driver delivered for a complete year on rental without a single default before he decided to buy the car from me in February.

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 8:25am On Aug 03, 2020
Felicity0001:

I know 4 people that where paid 1m each to form like they have codiv19 while they go stay at the isolation center for two weeks with better food.

They go in the morning come back at night like say na office them dey go.

Guy forget no do video for 9ja our government is just fooling us to fill their stomach

1m each!? Bros, why you no sign up, abi you be part of the 4 pepoo?

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sonshyne: 8:38am On Aug 03, 2020
dansito:

Felicity0001
Izzou

sometimes, I don't understand how bolt charges. check this now
sonshyne:

sometimes, I don't understand how bolt charges. check this now
[quote author=dansito post=92397798]Morning pilot,pls I feel I was cheated with this fare on bolt. Pls can someone help me to calcute this fare.Thanks so much
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 8:50am On Aug 03, 2020
Eldemmi:

Babadee please I have some questions I will like you to help answer

1. on scale of 1-10 how can u rate Honda Accord for this work
2. do use it part time or full time.
3. can u still recommend it for people who will own and drive it themselves.
4.what is ur experience with EOD
5. finally sir do u use China ball joint or OEM or tokunbo

please if you are not comfortable answering it here you can ignore or provide way for me to get those answers personally, I just feel it would be useful for other people too here.
thanks in anticipation sir.
much love.
1. I rate it 8/10, would have given it 10/10 if it was a civic with smaller engine.

2. I use it full time and it has never let me down.

3. Yes, I will recommend it any day anytime (provided you are buying it toks or well maintained Naija use)

4. My experience with EOD has been a bitter sweet one. I’ve owned an EOD that turned out to be a nightmare (Naija used), but this particular one I’m using currently is bae. The driving experience is lovely, AC is excellent. No engine/transmission/ac repair work since 4years of entering Nigeria.

5. I use Tokunbo ball joint. OEM is expensive, Part sellers will try to sell you same thing for different prices. You will hear this one Na original, this one no too strong but e go last, NA LIE. The only time I tried to use the China ball joint I suffered for it.

Sometime ago I traveled leaving the car behind, upon my return I told my babe to give the security guy the car key so he can wash it before I get back. He decided to drive the car to show off to his friends around the neighborhood, on his way back to the house he had an accident with the car. The impact affected the right ball joint, absorber and linkage. We couldn’t get toks ball joint around so we resulted to using the China one, less than two months after the ball joint pulled out at VGC exit gate around 7pm cry cry

Again at that time of the day, and location, only new will suffice, bought one around and replaced. A week later I changed it to Toks.
That silly act by my security guy made me loose my stock absorber, linkage and ball joint.

Generally Honda is a good brand. Just get yourself a good unit (Tokunbo or sound Naija used), stick to the recommended oil especially the gear oil and all will be well.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2872) (2873) (2874) (2875) (2876) (2877) (2878) ... (5698) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Gentlelife50(m), Sheisenough01 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.