Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2876) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4774519 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2873) (2874) (2875) (2876) (2877) (2878) (2879) ... (5698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eldemmi(m): 9:09am On Aug 03, 2020
thanks so much I really appreciate
please with tokunbo ball joints how frequent is changing.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ijyoung(m): 9:23am On Aug 03, 2020
Morning house....
Am new into this ehailing(driver)....a car owners want to give his car for 10k per day, how's feasible is this?...based in Port Harcourt....
Please experience drivers is this a good offer?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:26am On Aug 03, 2020
dansito:
Morning pilot,pls I feel I was cheated with this fare on bolt. Pls can someone help me to calcute this fare.Thanks so much

Felicity0001
Izzou
This is the breakdown of your fear

20.6km x N65/km = N1,339
55min x N10/min = N550
Base fare = N200
Total fare= N2,089
Commission=20%
Your earnings= N1,671

So brotherly they even gave you extra N211 so be happy.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 9:40am On Aug 03, 2020
Ijyoung:
Morning house....
Am new into this ehailing(driver)....a car owners want to give his car for 10k per day, how's feasible is this?...based in Port Harcourt....

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Luxurydriverng: 9:42am On Aug 03, 2020
Here is my opinion on requesting fare increment because BRT and other transport platforms increased fares

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spN2sdlcgAA

What do you guys feel about Drivers planning to go on Strike demanding fare increase.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 03, 2020
Farmkonnect Agribusiness Nigeria Limited is the first Agricultural Real Estate Company in Nigeria on a Mission to contribute immensely to food security and nutrition through Agricultural Real Estate of modern technologies and methodologies. Our vision is to make profiting from agriculture easier and more consistent for all and sundry without limitation by boundaries, time, space, skill, social or financial status.
You're hereby invited to the WaVecity inauguration conference which will be held on the 5th of August 2020 at 10:00am prompt.
Kindly join this link for registration https://www.farmkonnectng.com/events or call 08029098676 for enquiries.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:47am On Aug 03, 2020
Ijyoung:
Morning house....
Will the person be buying fuel and feeding you any day you work?
grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ksmart027(m): 9:52am On Aug 03, 2020
Babadee1900:
1. I rate it 8/10, would have given it 10/10 if it was a civic with smaller engine.

2. I use it full time and it has never let me down.

3. Yes, I will recommend it any day anytime (provided you are buying it toks or well maintained Naija use)

4. My experience with EOD has been a bitter sweet one. I’ve owned an EOD that turned out to be a nightmare (Naija used), but this particular one I’m using currently is bae. The driving experience is lovely, AC is excellent. No engine/transmission/ac repair work since 4years of entering Nigeria.

5. I use Tokunbo ball joint. OEM is expensive, Part sellers will try to sell you same thing for different prices. You will hear this one Na original, this one no too strong but e go last, NA LIE. The only time I tried to use the China ball joint I suffered for it.

Sometime ago I traveled leaving the car behind, upon my return I told my babe to give the security guy the car key so he can wash it before I get back. He decided to drive the car to show off to his friends around the neighborhood, on his way back to the house he had an accident with the car. The impact affected the right ball joint, absorber and linkage. We couldn’t get toks ball joint around so we resulted to using the China one, less than two months after the ball joint pulled out at VGC exit gate around 7pm cry cry

Again at that time of the day, and location, only new will suffice, bought one around and replaced. A week later I changed it to Toks.
That silly act by my security guy made me loose my stock absorber, linkage and ball joint.

Generally Honda is a good brand. Just get yourself a good unit (Tokunbo or sound Naija used), stick to the recommended oil especially the gear oil and all will be well.
so boss waiting come happen to your security

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ksmart027(m): 9:53am On Aug 03, 2020
Ijyoung:
Morning house....
I dont understand what you mean by 10k per day, you wan become slave abi.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ijyoung(m): 10:07am On Aug 03, 2020
Gentlelife50:

Will the person be buying fuel and feeding you any day you work?
grin
Lol.....fuel is on me... Maintenance is on him
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stacyadams: 10:24am On Aug 03, 2020
Ijyoung:

grin grin grin

Na dis same wuber we dey do for lagos u wan pay ten k per Day?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gift01: 10:27am On Aug 03, 2020
Ijyoung:

Run

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 10:31am On Aug 03, 2020
sportFX:

My driver delivered for a complete year on rental without a single default before he decided to buy the car from me in February.

@ 30k rental or wt rate .Which year was that?
You mean your driver drove for 52 straight weeks on Uber in Lagos shocked.

And there was no week the car had to b repaired or the driver had to take a break.
52 straight weeks... grin

. I don't believe you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SHOOPSYN(m): 10:34am On Aug 03, 2020
Ijyoung:
Morning house....
70k per week!!!! Are you sure that is not your village people in human form??. Run!!! grin grin.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 10:36am On Aug 03, 2020
Babadee1900:
1. I rate it 8/10, would have given it 10/10 if it was a civic with smaller engine.

2. I use it full time and it has never let me down.

3. Yes, I will recommend it any day anytime (provided you are buying it toks or well maintained Naija use)

4. My experience with EOD has been a bitter sweet one. I’ve owned an EOD that turned out to be a nightmare (Naija used), but this particular one I’m using currently is bae. The driving experience is lovely, AC is excellent. No engine/transmission/ac repair work since 4years of entering Nigeria.

5. I use Tokunbo ball joint. OEM is expensive, Part sellers will try to sell you same thing for different prices. You will hear this one Na original, this one no too strong but e go last, NA LIE. The only time I tried to use the China ball joint I suffered for it.

Sometime ago I traveled leaving the car behind, upon my return I told my babe to give the security guy the car key so he can wash it before I get back. He decided to drive the car to show off to his friends around the neighborhood, on his way back to the house he had an accident with the car. The impact affected the right ball joint, absorber and linkage. We couldn’t get toks ball joint around so we resulted to using the China one, less than two months after the ball joint pulled out at VGC exit gate around 7pm cry cry

Again at that time of the day, and location, only new will suffice, bought one around and replaced. A week later I changed it to Toks.
That silly act by my security guy made me loose my stock absorber, linkage and ball joint.

Generally Honda is a good brand. Just get yourself a good unit (Tokunbo or sound Naija used), stick to the recommended oil especially the gear oil and all will be well.

Thanks for this response.
Honda accord 03-05 and civic 03-05 are my ideal vehicles when I say 800k is my recommended max investment for now. 800k will get a good naija used of either of them.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 10:39am On Aug 03, 2020
Ijyoung:
Morning house....

LOL, 10k per day and everyone hasn't turned to drivers by now?

Plz neglect that man, he will frustrate you even if he agrees to lower remittance. He's obviously a greedy fellow and probably doesn't even have the idea of the biz he's venturing into.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cheddaz: 10:48am On Aug 03, 2020
J
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cheddaz: 10:52am On Aug 03, 2020
People dey complain for 25k a week, u dey consider 10k a day. It's obvious the guy knows nothing big this biz
Ijyoung:
Morning house....

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 11:16am On Aug 03, 2020
ekehopp:

Complain thus:

1 Book an appointment on Driver app (Treated by Nigerian Branch)

or

2 Raise support ticket from driver app (Treated by HQ)
Help -> Sign up to drive -> Creating an account -> I cant create my account

or

3 Reach them via Twitter DM https://twitter.com/Uber_Support
(Treated by HQ)

Many thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Beng1234: 11:31am On Aug 03, 2020
This one bolt is giving long pick ups, giving bonus to all my riders, carrying over my last week’s 11k balance. Shey I Dey safe like this?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olayetan(m): 11:36am On Aug 03, 2020
Ijyoung:
Morning house....

Imagine, that car owner must be out of his senses, thats 70k weekly when drivers are finding it hard to remit 25k-30k.

I will advise you to collect the car and use it to slap his face. Rubbish.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olayetan(m): 11:44am On Aug 03, 2020
Pilots, pls help me reason this before desperation ends me below 6ft.

Got a deal from this same NL from a gentleman.

He has Big daddy Tokunbo to give out on HP, he requires initial deposit of 100k but i pleaded all i can raise is 30k which he's putting into consideration as i speak.

Total package on the car is 3m which I'm to be paying 30k weekly for a consecutive period of 100weeks, tho, i personally know the amount is much on the car but due to my desperation, I'm considering diving into the deal as from my own view and i intend to have little savings for unforeseen repairs and maintenance while if possible, i pay more than the 30k weekly to speed up the deal.

Note, I'm single and don't have much responsibility on me.

Now i want to hear from you all, your opinion on the deal, does it worth the sacrifice?
Pls advise me in every angle.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 03, 2020
Modified

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 11:49am On Aug 03, 2020
deedee44:

When I just joined. Owner asked me to come and take car from ogba to total oniru for taxify inspection, I didn't even know how to get to island on my own let alone locating oniru before now getting to total but boss had faith in me lol. All thanks to G-map I went and returned unscathed

I throw salute for gmap. If not for gmap how man go do this business. This technology has been very helpful.

One time I carried three girls to idumota. Gmap carried me all the way to marina through 3rd mb from iyana ipaja. I was confused because map said I had arrived, the girls ma no know idumota except from one direction, carter bridge.

Fast forward to the 30th: I got a trip to songotedo, afraid to take 3mb because of the closure, I went through ikorodu road-oyingbo and then I found my self on carter bridge, memories started to fly by. As I descended from the bridge through martins st na so I see myself for marina, na so I laugh.

Conclusion: there are many ways to skin a cat. If I had known, the day I took those girls to idumota, and found myself at marina, I for just tell them to come down, walk through martins street, kapish.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nwizu042: 11:51am On Aug 03, 2020
Olayetan:

He has Big daddy Tokunbo to give out on HP, he requires initial deposit of 100k but i pleaded all i can raise is 30k which he's putting into consideration as i speak.

Total package on the car is 3m which I'm to be paying 30k weekly for a consecutive period of 100weeks, tho, i personally know the amount is much on the car but due to my desperation, I'm considering diving into the deal as from my own view and i intend to have little savings for unforeseen repairs and maintenance while if possible, i pay more than the 30k weekly to speed up the deal.

Now i want to hear from you all, your opinion on the deal, does it worth the sacrifice?

My advice for you is go for rentals for now....
you clearly have little or no experience in this.
This is also not the best of times for this business...

Go for rental for now..

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olayetan(m): 11:57am On Aug 03, 2020
nwizu042:

My advice for you is go for rentals for now....
you clearly have little or no experience in this.
This is also not the best of times for this business...

Go for rental for now..

I have hands-on experience in the job, and i know the 30k weekly isn't issue for me and since its HP, it will only speed up my payment plan.

I'm only concern about the total package, does it worth going for?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 11:57am On Aug 03, 2020
Sakamanjeh99:
Hello house...
Pls hw is d huzzle on weekdays...as hav bin doin weeknd for ova a year...
Wil b free for mon n tue...
Jst tinking if it wil make sense to huzzle for soz 2 days...

Hold up is always the issue on weekdays.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olayetan(m): 12:02pm On Aug 03, 2020
Crvrider:

I throw salute for gmap. If not for gmap how man go do this business. This technology has been very helpful.

One time I carried three girls to idumota. Gmap carried me all the way to marina through 3rd mb from iyana ipaja. I was confused because map said I had arrived, the girls ma no know idumota except from one direction, carter bridge.

Fast forward to the 30th: I got a trip to songotedo, afraid to take 3mb because of the closure, I went through ikorodu road-oyingbo and then I found my self on carter bridge, memories started to fly by. As I descended from the bridge through martins st na so I see myself for marina, na so I laugh.

Conclusion: there are many ways to skin a cat. If I had known, the day I took those girls to idumota, and found myself at marina, I for just tell them to come down, walk through martins street, kapish.

That's how you know roads, people that are so familiar with every routes in Lagos started like that too, before you know it now, you will be claiming you know everywhere in lagos too...

Just make sure you keep understanding the bridge connects and road networks...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 12:04pm On Aug 03, 2020
Babadee1900:
Offline trip is interesting. Let’s just be careful with riders we negotiate offline trips with.

The girl I took to Atican beach earlier bought 30,000 worth of ‘Loud’ on the way. Imagine what will happen if you are with that kind of a rider on offline and police stop you.

By the way, SCIID abi SARS are already on that Okun-Ajah road as at the time I was leaving.
Some guys coming to the beach had to do a 360 turn when they sighted the police guys. Had to slam hard on my brake to let him go. Crazy stunt.

I am lost. What's "Loud"?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olayetan(m): 12:08pm On Aug 03, 2020
Vision2045:
Appreciation post

Guys kindly help say a word of prayer to my Madam....

She is a very private person, she is on Nairaland and I believe she might be following this group because she picked my number from here when I was looking for HP

My baby boy (11month old) was very ill, started since Friday but got worse over night...we took him to the hospital and after some test and diagnosis..I was asked to make a payment of 150k..... I was down and swept every where and was able to raise 50k plus..after several calls to some friends and close family that I can approach...the outcome was still negative...so summoned my mind to call my partner for a loan of 100k to be paid in installment with my weekly remittance. Lo and behold my people my madam and hubby rather gifted me 50k...

Words can't express how grateful I felt....

I quickly deposited 100k to balance up before my boy is discharged ....

Hitting the road to keep the hustle going

Mrs B God will surprise you and your family with blessings and favour now and forever.

Good one bro

Its good to appreciate good deeds and may Almighty Allah strengthen the home of the couples financially and spiritually...

Make God send me that kind empathetic human being too o.

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 12:08pm On Aug 03, 2020
Olayetan:

Look for rentals pls. @ 25k

HP is an illusion... Until you cough out 3,000,000. The car is NOT YOURS.]

30k weekly n you still bear cost of repairs.

100 weeks of paying 30k weekly...... Its achievable, but a tall order.

See, this game is not for the long haul. It should b a stop gap.

Don't b too fixated on driving forever or being in this racket for too long , it kills your potentials.

You have got serious potentials in you bro...

Driving drains your mental energy. ..n DT mental energy is Gold...

Bro.. Look for rental..

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 12:16pm On Aug 03, 2020
Vision2045:
Appreciation post

Guys kindly help say a word of prayer to my Madam....

She is a very private person, she is on Nairaland and I believe she might be following this group because she picked my number from here when I was looking for HP

My baby boy (11month old) was very ill, started since Friday but got worse over night...we took him to the hospital and after some test and diagnosis..I was asked to make a payment of 150k..... I was down and swept every where and was able to raise 50k plus..after several calls to some friends and close family that I can approach...the outcome was still negative...so summoned my mind to call my partner for a loan of 100k to be paid in installment with my weekly remittance. Lo and behold my people my madam and hubby rather gifted me 50k...

Words can't express how grateful I felt....

I quickly deposited 100k to balance up before my boy is discharged ....

Hitting the road to keep the hustle going

Mrs B God will surprise you and your family with blessings and favour now and forever.

Mrs B, may God bless you richly and be gracious unto you.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2873) (2874) (2875) (2876) (2877) (2878) (2879) ... (5698) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.