Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3016) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4765671 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3013) (3014) (3015) (3016) (3017) (3018) (3019) ... (5695) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 8:18am On Sep 19, 2020
Morray:
Goodmorning Kings. I'm about to negotiate for a car (Toyota corolla) on HP for uber. Owner's asking price is 3.2 with remittance of 30k on weekly basis. I'm new to this Uber industry that is why I humbly succor your inputs as I embark on this terrain. Please here are few concerns I'd love to highlight:

Is 3.2 on the high or a bargain considering how hard the country looks currently?

Is 30k remittance weekly achievable? If yes, will I have some change left to take care of some basic needs?

Would you advice I leave my tailoring work where I make an average of 6-8k weekly for Uber on the conditions listed in 1&2(though the price is subject to negotiation)?

3.2M is a tall order shocked shocked shocked

Find a car on rental first..

Test your grit on the hustle for like 4- 6 months before collecting a car on HP.

Making money on Uber in Lagos is beyond just driving and knowing Lagos....

There is a learning curve, you can't b a rookie and square up HP

You will be shocked with some preconceived notions about the job.

Rental first....

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sola12(m): 8:21am On Sep 19, 2020
omorkelly:

Mine was yesterday evening at Olowora side of Berger;
while on a bolt trip, stopped by a fueling station and afterward my car couldn't start again.
Lilke play-like play na dia the car passed the night o.
CULPRIT: Power steering pump got hooked with the belt which made it impossible for the engine to roll and damaged the kick brush thereafter.
Got to Emeka's shop this morning and pump last price was 14k(Tokunbo).
I instead repaired my pump at 6k, the brush was 3k and kazeem+rewire collected 4k5.
I left there this afternoon and just headed home.
I cannot come and kill myself jare. Weekend is another starting point.
MODIFY: The power steering pump has been giving me signals for weeks but man just dey manage.

Pls can u give me the details of where u repaired d pump.... I got issues with my power steering too
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:23am On Sep 19, 2020
InfinityEstates:

Sorry Boss, I didn't know it rained last night too till I drove out this morning. But my area never bad reach your side... grin

Meanwhile guys, here's my challenge. So my car engine got too bad about last month and I opted for changing it as against "ringing". Finally gathered the money to buy it this week.

However, one of my major challenges then apart from the 'usual' oil shortening, smoking and noise it was making was that if the car is parked anything more than 30minutes, I can't just start the car and drive away immediately. Once I start the car, it starts JERKING slightly after about 30seconds, then after like 5minutes it 'BALANCES' then I can drive away. If I try loading before the 5minutes elapses or before it balances, the car goes off and then I start the process again.

The thing is, I thought if the engine is changed the issue would be resolved but I thought wrong. The issue still persists, minus the noise and smoking. They tried scanning but the codes coming were P0016 , 0300, 0310 (can't remember exactly).

Please if there's anyone with experience handling this, kindly assist.

CC: radautow orks gazzuz z izzo u pop e191 et. al...

The car get name and model?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 8:29am On Sep 19, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

The car get name and model?

Corolla 2006
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by abefeabebi(m): 8:39am On Sep 19, 2020
Pls can I do Bolt inspection on Saturday and what time do they open,thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 19, 2020
northbird:

Test your grit on the hustle for like 4- 6 months before collecting a car on HP.

Rental first....
I appreciate your input sir. But my problem is that I do not have the resources to rent a car
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eizenburg: 9:19am On Sep 19, 2020
Morray:
I appreciate your input sir. But my problem is that I do not have the resources to rent a car

In your case, the N30k weekly is the rent. Most times, you pay after the week ends. If you want to go this route, try looking for a N25k weekly deal (being a newbie).

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xanie: 9:20am On Sep 19, 2020
I noticed that each time I use the wipers, AC and maybe headlamps, the battery icon lights up and the power steering stops working until I switch off the AC. What could be wrong? Vehicle is a 2005 Corolla.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by abefeabebi(m): 9:39am On Sep 19, 2020
abefeabebi:
Pls can I do Bolt inspection on Saturday and what time do they open,thanks

Pls this is urgent
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 9:42am On Sep 19, 2020
Morray:

That is not a problem. There are a lot of car owners looking for people to partner with..

Question is can you drive properly? This is very impt.

Can you work long hours? Cos you can't predict how d server will give you trips.

Don't shut down your tailoring outfit, being mobile can give you a new class of clients, I just hope your skill level can match up to their demands.

I'm surprised you say you don't make much from tailoring..
Cos I know a guy who sews n he is doing fine...

Ideally you can negotiate for rental @
23-25k./week.

Goodluck..

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Vitalurch: 10:03am On Sep 19, 2020
Please those that have used Honda civic should tell us the experience. Is it okay. A friend adviced me to go for 04 or 05 instead of the 08 i planned to buy. Should i take his advice. I saw corolla of 1m yesterday but with bad leg. Should i go for that inplace of civic? Please i need ur advice

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 11:20am On Sep 19, 2020
xanie:
I noticed that each time I use the wipers, AC and maybe headlamps, the battery icon lights up and the power steering stops working until I switch off the AC. What could be wrong? Vehicle is a 2005 Corolla.
Check around your alternator, the culprit should be there.
I'm not a mechanic o so I could be wrong
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 12:25pm On Sep 19, 2020
newk007:

Taxify no way... Since U don click on collect cash and ended d trip

Count ur loss from dere commission and move on

Its actually hoobah. Don't know if I should do them a mail. The negative for my commission don shoot up.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 12:34pm On Sep 19, 2020
Who else is stuck on Addo road inwards jubilee bridge ?
Been here for 1hr45mins plus.
May Devil not minister to these riders to abandon me cry

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:40pm On Sep 19, 2020
chillex8:
May Devil not minster to this riders to abandon me cry

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stacyadams: 12:40pm On Sep 19, 2020
northbird:

Rental first....
grin grin underline d word "shocked"

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 12:54pm On Sep 19, 2020
chillex8:
May Devil not minster to this riders to abandon me cry
grin grin
That road sha undecided

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 12:58pm On Sep 19, 2020
shollywendy1:

Welcome back bro. Its quite a long time.
Yes boss. Nice to see all the veterans and new faces.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by NaijaCr7: 1:39pm On Sep 19, 2020
Abeg house I need your advice.

I reached out through a post for rental, and I was as well in talks with a family member. The family volunteered to drop his car a Honda CRV 2003 model for me . To pay 70k monthly . He advise I save up and buy mine in 10months time.

My main question is I need advice and suggestions on if the car can handle the heat.....

Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 19, 2020
1daboi:
Ok guys I want to ask this question. On Monday, I was at lekki and set destination to Berger, got omole estate wink we began the journey and I checked g map and gmap told me to go through Broad street (marina) as it is 22mins faster than Osbourne. Lo and behold, I took Broad street, before I knew it I found myself inside balogun shocked Google will tell me to turn left to a street that's not motorable or overtaken by market ppl.
We later spent almost 3hrs before reconnecting to 3mb via Adele adeniji.
Yesterday, I set destination to Berger, got ogba from lekki 1. Decided to face normal ikoyi to 3mb. Still spent 3hrs on Osbourn Rd alone. N:b the 2 riders weren't happy with the journey, thinking I intentionally drove them to traffic prone roads. So my question is, since this 3mb repair is on, how do you go to the mainland from the island from 5pm without offending your riders?

Bros tell the rider's that there are traffic everywhere before leaving. What I do is, I use to tell my rider from 4pm that we'll get to mainland give and take by 9-10pm, telling them that Osbourne road will take 2hrs before we connect to traffic and Marina could take same or more time, then ask if he/she has a preferred route. NB: pass through rider's preferred routine always. Let them shot the shot

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 19, 2020
Crvrider:

I always prefer 3rd mainland bridge to access mainland. Albeit last night I used eko bridge while heading to somolu. However on many occasion I just ignore gooogle map and instead force it to reroute to my preferred route to avoid stories that touch.

What I find challenging most times is knowing which direction to face when a request comes in. Sometimes map says, "head south" , and am like, "which one be south now"? Sometimes I end up giving myself headache trying to study the blue line but to no avail. Other times I drive some distance to know if I'm moving in the right direction and if I'm not the headache is increased a notch when the blue line is redrawn.

Stop giving yourself unnecessary headache, step out of the car and walk like 5 feet while studying the direction of the gmap
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jaymejate: 1:55pm On Sep 19, 2020
NaijaCr7:

I reached out through a post for rental, and I was as well in talks with a family member. The family volunteered to drop his car a Honda CRV 2003 model for me . To pay 70k monthly . He advise I save up and buy mine in 10months time.

My main question is I need advice and suggestions on if the car can handle the heat.....

Thanks

Ask Crvrider about the car first. It's quite a nice offer.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jaymejate: 2:07pm On Sep 19, 2020
northbird:

Rental first....

You see, I'm not against this imput but some people were saying i will not do this hustle for long so i will not take hp, now they are in their second year if not third. Waste of time i must say.
The way i see this HP is that, na only the downpayment e take different from rentals and also, you no fit just quit anyhow grin . Money and effort gone be that.

People sef no de give toks for less than 2.8 these days. And toks better. Nigerian used and hidden problems na 5 and 6 grin

Saw a Nigerian used for 1.5, another one 2m. I just de laugh. Another one for 1m but to revive am to ehailing level, na like 100k mot to talk of changing some deep deep stuff of the engine. If i take that, the maintenance money go high because one problem or the other, i no know person wey use am last, lack of proper maintenance stuff.

I go just take toks of 2.8 that i know the problem will not be much and i will know that it's my fault if proper maintenance no de.

Guess what people are afraid of is the time frame of repayment. But car wey fit stand ground after 2 years and have good resell value still better pas one wey go chop money anyhow for repair and then resell value no still de okay. What's the essence?

What do you think my boss?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 2:26pm On Sep 19, 2020
I am in sifia pains ooo

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 3:50pm On Sep 19, 2020
NaijaCr7:

Thanks

First of, the car won't give you away as an uber driver, the way coro does. So the chances of you being harassed unnecessarily
is eliminated.

PARTS
The parts are fairly cheap and easily sourced. What you can't get in Ladipo, you most certainly will get it in Oyingbo. And of cause there is no short fall of mechanics!

In terms of handling the heat:
There's nothing a coro can do that this suv can't do better provided you have a mindset towards preventive maintenance rather than corrective maintenance. People complain of Honda and arm 'pulling', this is something I have never experienced since I've been driving the car for more than 18months...and trust me I've been to terrible terrains with this SUV. However, in terms of fuel consumption, if you plan your routes well you can get something decent if you start your day with 4k fuel.

One peculiar problem with the car is the CV joint. Do not compromise on this particular part. Always go for good tokumbo grade.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ace16(m): 3:50pm On Sep 19, 2020
Vitalurch:
Please those that have used Honda civic should tell us the experience. Is it okay. A friend adviced me to go for 04 or 05 instead of the 08 i planned to buy. Should i take his advice. I saw corolla of 1m yesterday but with bad leg. Should i go for that inplace of civic? Please i need ur advice

Go for the 08 and you won’t regret it. It’s a rugged car..

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jaymejate: 3:53pm On Sep 19, 2020
Babadee1900:
I am in sifia pains ooo

What's solution?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 4:16pm On Sep 19, 2020
jaymejate:

What's solution?
No solution yet. I’ll just wait it out

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 4:18pm On Sep 19, 2020
cool Smart guy.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jaymejate: 4:19pm On Sep 19, 2020
Babadee1900:
No solution yet. I’ll just wait it out

Okay. I hope they'll unblock it
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 4:21pm On Sep 19, 2020
Omo, I picked up this sweet babe in Lekki 1, her destination was LCC. From the phone conversation she was kinda Flirty.. me was like? Who be this one again?

Got to her PU.. Omo my mouth dropped, she too make sense in my mind I was like "keep it together" she wore this skimpy short skirt and she sat in front with me. I was on a short ripped Jean's too.. next thing... I will continue this story later.. Trip just enter grin

Modified. All thru the trip this babe just dey give me gist after gist. Got to a point we were talking dirty.. as in real dirty. End of the trip.

Rider: Thanks for the ride, I really enjoyed it
Me: Pleasure is all mine. Happy you enjoyed the ride.
Rider : I'm gonna save your number so you can ride me again.
Me: in my mind "ride you again ke?" Sure I'm just a call away.

My Distinguished OvenLighters geng.. we got one in the bag again grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 4:21pm On Sep 19, 2020
jaymejate:

Okay. I hope they'll unblock it
I hope they do too. May God not block our source of income. This one shock me cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (3013) (3014) (3015) (3016) (3017) (3018) (3019) ... (5695) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.