Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,766 members, 7,831,462 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4805460 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3116) (3117) (3118) (3119) (3120) (3121) (3122) ... (5700) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by NaijaCr7: 4:24pm On Nov 07, 2020
Godfather10:

EVERY DRIVER SHOULD ALWAYS FIND TIME TO CHILL.
"I CANNOT COME AND KILL MYSELF'.
Once in a while, Remove N3,000 from that N5,000 Naira.
Take a walk to the Woman or Mallam selling Roasted chicken
or catfish,
Tell her to give you 2 laps or one plate. Tell her to package it
in TAKEAWAY,
On your way home, buy Hollandia yogurt, or any good yogurt or
Juice or Wine, etc
When you get home, Lock your door, Off your clothes,
Put "I can't kill myself" by Timaya.
Please don't sit on the chair, spread on the floor and make
sure you tear that chicken/fish as you listen to the song.
Then dilute it with the Hollandia/other drink.
Problem no dey finish for this world.
So no kill yourself trying to solve everything without taking a
break to relax and enjoy.
This is one of the best messages this year.
It is already 6th of NOVEMBER and the problems of 2020 still
full ground!!!!
Enjoy Guys life is too short����

Hope the person behind dis moniker have not employed a new person..if that is the case abeg.....Mr operator I dey feel your new vibe..

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 4:42pm On Nov 07, 2020
@ chijioke

Sorry about your ordeal at least your own even better self you still got paid.

I was at Mobil service station when I got this req in indrive.
Destination was showing a street similar to ine in mushin. Called rider she said she's in front of UBA, I tried to ask her where is this street she's going to she refused to say. 1st red flag.
Got to PU on the map I couldnt find rider, called again she said it's the uba at ogba b/s and not the one at acme rd. 2nd red flag which I still ignored.
Drove again to UBA ogba b/s, I saw them and then I checked the destination on the map 1hrs 30min+ to destination; price was 2800. I asked them where is this place she said she doesn't know the place they're only going for a video shot. But the diatance was about 30km I tried to check well it was taking us towards mushin but I wasnt too sure.
Me: can you call the person to know where this address is?

R: ... His No isn't going through... Another red flag. That i still failed to listened to.
I said I can only go this place for 3500, she offered 3k last. Stepped out of the car after much deliberation. 1st girl was very calm and respectful in her address, she's the one that ordered the ride but 2nd girl was a stupid cat. She said that's why I don't like dis indrive bla bla lets order Taxify abeg b4 they stepped out of my car.

I'd already cancel at this time, and the devil whispered to my soul, "why not take it 3k without commission". That was how I obeyed the devil's voice not knowing I was heading for destruction.

Trip started, everything was going smoothly with great music and discussion that I didnt even know when we blow pass 1st rainbow on getting to 2nd rainbow access bank road that was when it was done on me destination is somewhere across mile2... Come see traffic, map was still showing like 1hr despite 8km left.
Me: pls can you try and call this person again to know where this address because this doesn't look like the mushin I thought initially. At this point my countenance has changed immediately
R: its Ajegunle.
I Just quickly pulled over, so you guys know where you're going to and you deceived me right, okay no problem. Me I'm not going more than this place because I cant go to that side.
This was where the whole problem started.
To cut things short, I offered to accept 2k while they book another ride since I'd already covered over 22km.

The wicked friend said lie lie they'll only give me 1k. I told then I'd rather no collect a penny that accept 1k.
They booked a Taxify and stepped out of the car.
I looked for a place to parked, came down and saw them already in the Bolt driver's car explaining to him. I walked to them, knocked at the window and the driver winded down.
The still refused to give me my money. I left them, walked to my car and drove off, after like 100m i stopped, off all app, put an inspirational song while leaving the AC to blow at the maximum, to my can of water and tried to take renew my mind for the next ride.

Next thing I heard a knock on my window, raised my head it was the driver that was supposed to take.

I stepped outta the car and where staryed gisting... I felt relieved. Put on my app and got a request on uber.

PU: mega chicken, Access road
Destination: Anthony

As I dropped off I just off app drive go house.

So any rider who doesn't provide to me adequate information about your trip, sorry I'll simply decline and look for a suitable ride.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by coded28: 6:20pm On Nov 07, 2020
Please i need a car for weekly remittance for uber&bolt, I have an active uber&bolt account and ready to work
08169419729 (whatsapp or call)
Thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by PuZZyNegro: 7:43pm On Nov 07, 2020
This card trip issue is really funny to me. I see it as lack of discipline and planning on the part of the driver.

You get paid weekly so I see no reason why you should not keep money for fuel and other miscellaneous expenses.

I work on Fiverr and it takes 2 weeks after an order has been marked completed for us to get paid.

A job with 30 days delivery will mean that you get paid after 44 days, all things being equal (assuming no revision request and the buyer accepted the job on the day it was delivered).

Now, we have to wait for the funds to accumulate before initiating withdrawal so the money can be tangible.

So, we might have opportunity of withdrawing between 2-3 times in a month depending on how much sales we make daily.

I prefer card trip whenever I am driving on ehailing than cash as there are no issues of change or rider absconding with your money.

Drivers should please learn financial disciple and stop rejecting card trips.

Asking for destination is understandable because of so many factors. One of mine is even not taking a request too far from my house when it's getting late or when I have decided to stop working for the day but just need one more trip closer to my house.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 8:06pm On Nov 07, 2020
PuZZyNegro:
This card trip issue is really funny to me. I see it as lack of discipline and planning on the part of the driver.

You get paid weekly so I see no reason why you should not keep money for fuel and other miscellaneous expenses.

I work on Fiverr and it takes 2 weeks after an order has been marked completed for us to get paid.

A job with 30 days delivery will mean that you get paid after 44 days, all things being equal (assuming no revision request and the buyer accepted the job on the day it was delivered).

Now, we have to wait for the funds to accumulate before initiating withdrawal so the money can be tangible.

So, we might have opportunity of withdrawing between 2-3 times in a month depending on how much sales we make daily.

I prefer card trip whenever I am driving on ehailing than cash as there are no issues of change or rider absconding with your money.

Asking for destination is understandable because of so many factors. One of mine is even not taking a request too far from my house when it's getting late or when I have decided to stop working for the day but just need one more trip closer to my house.
You have spoken well.
I love card payments. Never rejected them. Baffles me when drivers reject them.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chijioke17(m): 8:25pm On Nov 07, 2020
chillex8:

You have spoken well.
I actually don't mind anyone, I always make sure I have 5k cash on me, so card or cash trips aren't my issue, my problem is the destination. Some people actually do not know where they are going. Like a trip I took from alakija to ikotun yesterday, the young lady didn't know the place, her phone went off, we used mine to reach her host, it was quite far, but I understood and wasn't perturbed, started trip by 4 ended by like 6pm. But you see those ones that know the destination and know the road isn't good or the distance is quite far, whether card or cash trips, it pissed me off because it shows their bad intent. I see nothing wrong in being honest, worse case, beg the driver and add something for him if need be, but not being dishonest.

I picked up someone from ajah to surulere. Bill ended 5,900, he sent me 7k, told him he didn't see the bill well, that it was 5,900 and I didn't have spare cash on me in case he wanted me to give him 1,100 cash. He told me that the extra on top was a tip because of my honesty. That a driver duped him the day before on his way to ajah from surulere.
So for me, honesty pays no matter what

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by newk007(m): 9:38pm On Nov 07, 2020
chillex8:

You have spoken well.

All the drivers rejecting Card trips Re fraudulent and lack. Common comprehension. No be your money Nii or Y U wan owe d app company..

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by NaijaCr7: 10:06pm On Nov 07, 2020
newk007:

All the drivers rejecting Card trips Re fraudulent and lack. Common comprehension. No be your money Nii or Y U wan owe d app company..

Your statement is hypothetical and not a factual

Most drivers than tends to reject card don't own the car....it's either they are on rental or Hp and can't afford pool of cash to tends for fuel throughout a day's job if all is card trip ..

So saying they are fraudulent and lack common comprehension is irrational

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 11:08pm On Nov 07, 2020
chijioke17:
So I had one crazy experience this morning. Got a request at ọwọrọ, destination wasn't showing. Called the rider, told her I was less than a minute away from PU, she said okay. Took her there and ended the trip, I was trying to bring out my wallet and give her back her 1400 and she just came down, banged my door and started walking away.

Some people are actually rude and think lowly of e-hailing drivers.

Sorry sir, I just called her and she said you should do the following.

Give
Pope191............... 300
Izzuo..................... 200
Felicity0001.......... 400
Northbird.............. 150
Chillex8................. 200
Babadee................ 150

Thank you. Don't mention.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 11:16pm On Nov 07, 2020
PuZZyNegro:

one rider told me on the phone today that come fast it's a cash trip ooo, I know u guys love cash trip grin.. I just told her madam i prefer card trip and she said really?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 11:19pm On Nov 07, 2020
omorkelly:
Apps companies should have known by now that a different templates/rules should be used in Nigeria because of her peculiarity.
We are so different from other humans in terms of habits, characters and traits.

Just thinking out loud for the app companies. Wonder what the function call will look like:

def getCountry(country_name):
¶ if country_name == 'Nigeria':
¶ "do something peculiar"

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:20pm On Nov 07, 2020
tojahh:

Give
Pope191............... 300
Izzuo..................... 200
Felicity0001.......... 400
Northbird.............. 150
Chillex8................. 200

Boss I dey vex here, all dis girls sabi spoil person mood grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 11:56pm On Nov 07, 2020
tojahh:

Give
Pope..191............... 300
Izz..uo..................... 200
Felicit..y0001.......... 400
North..bird.............. 150
Chille..x8................. 200

Why felicity go take 400? grin

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifec92: 4:06am On Nov 08, 2020
Please guys I need your help oo....firstly, Bolt keep sending me text to verify my account! Are we to re-verify our account??

Secondly, I got the weekend bonus yesterday but it is not reflecting in my balance...please what do I do!?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by newk007(m): 6:19am On Nov 08, 2020
NaijaCr7:

Most drivers than tends to reject card don't own the car....it's either they are on rental or Hp and can't afford pool of cash to tends for fuel throughout a day's job if all is card trip ..

Weldone and justify rubbish,last week money how did U spend it, next week card payment too will be used for palliatives abi, you just like justifying what's is wrong.

Two methods of payment CASH or card anyone that's is dere is cool.

If they talk about Transfer now, U can justify it.

But rejecting Card payment most of d time is a fraudulent act and lack of simple comprehension.

As a Rider I always use card on BOLt and Uber cos of d ease, so do most riders too.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 7:13am On Nov 08, 2020
NaijaCr7:

Still not a genuine excuse bro. Even if on rental or hp, the previous week payment can still be used to run the fueling and other expenses.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by NaijaCr7: 7:27am On Nov 08, 2020
shollywendy1:

Still not a genuine excuse bro. Even if on rental or hp, the previous week payment can still be used to run the fueling and other expenses.

Bro, I drive my car.....I like card trip because it makes things easier.....ask those on hp or rental....how much they have left after making their weekly payment...then you will understand my statement....

Note : i am not saying rejecting card trip is good but for the Mofo that said those that do it is fraudulent and lacks comprehension, shows that the Mofo haven't driven on rental or hp.

Ask around or do your survey ...90% of drivers on hp/rental will turn down a long trip which payment is card and most times their primary reason is related to fuel and not fraud.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chijioke17(m): 7:47am On Nov 08, 2020
Babadee1900:
Why felicity go take 400? grin
The thing sef follow shock you abi?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 7:56am On Nov 08, 2020
Well said. So, for a driver that gets blocked before the payment, what becomes his fate? In case you don't know, once blocked, these apps won't pay you your balance. I'm talking from experience.
PuZZyNegro:

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 8:02am On Nov 08, 2020
chijioke17:

The thing sef follow shock you abi?
Yes o
Misappropriation of funds grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Duke111: 8:08am On Nov 08, 2020
NaijaCr7:

Bro, I drive my car.....I like card trip because it makes things easier.....ask those on hp or rental....how much they have left after making their weekly payment...then you will understand my statement....

Note : i am not saying rejecting card trip is good but for the Mofo that said those that do it is fraudulent and lacks comprehension, shows that the Mofo haven't driven on rental or hp.

Ask around or do your survey ...90% of drivers on hp/rental will turn down a long trip which payment is card and most times their primary reason is related to fuel and not fraud.

D wearer knows where d shoe hurts.
If u haven’t don hp or rental den u definitely not comprehend why card trips r rejected. So ppl gat bills to pay daily n needs cash to sought themselves out, n cant wait till next week payment. Even sef bolt wont pay u ur money dey owe u till two weeks time n u tink d driver will be happy. So lets try to be comprehensive all d times n stop stigmatize drivers that dont want card trips. As am writing dis bolt has not paid me last week 10k and dis week own is about 8k n am praying dey pay me all dis week. So in such instances wat do u expect a driver do wen he gats bill to pay. Great weekend guys don’t forget to go to church ooo⛪️�‍♀️

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 8:23am On Nov 08, 2020
NaijaCr7:

There are many ways to raise cash as a professional drivers.
indriver is one of the options. You will get paid on or at d end of the trip.
If rental or hp driver uses like 5k from the previous payment to buy fuel. I'm very sure he will have done a cash trip before the end of the 5k fuel.
But the ones that buys N500 - N1000 fuel usually have this problem of short of cash to buy fuel. (My assumption though I might be wrong)
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 8:57am On Nov 08, 2020
I don't have issues with card trips, the money is still yours....

being on rentals is no excuse to reject card trips.

A hardworking driver on a very good day should @ least make what he gives his principal daily or at least something close to that figure after fuel deductions.

It all boils down to financial planning n discipline.

That's where the Ajo/Esusu. comes to play, if as a driver you can set aside ₦700 daily to a collector, at the end of the month, you have ₦21,000. If you don't have a group, Get a Piggy bank ( Kolo), n start putting it daily, one ₦500 + ₦200 note.

If you eat out, in a day, you will spend more than ₦700.,

Immediately, you close for work, head straight to your Kolo, n put it there. grin.

It might be hard to cough out ₦21,000 @ once, but believe me, if it's done daily, it's a low pressure way of building emergency funds.

This fund can b a revolving fund to b used for fuel and other miscellaneous expenses ONLY

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 9:15am On Nov 08, 2020
Felicity0001:

How about those of us uber already blocked and don't even give a Bleep?

Taxify all d way.
when you were dropping your riders on third mainland bridge. You didn't know their would be consequences? Uber watches us all

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by newk007(m): 9:17am On Nov 08, 2020
NaijaCr7:

I drove on rental for more Dan a year, and I always prefers card trip, infact the time I appreciate card trip most is Friday to Sunday, I always love it, it makes me to save and control my spendings.

Don't justify it!!!

Stop rejecting card trips if you don't have a fraudulent act in mind
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by newk007(m): 9:19am On Nov 08, 2020
davit:
Well said. So, for a driver that gets blocked before the payment, what becomes his fate? In case you don't know, once blocked, these apps won't pay you your balance. I'm talking from experience.

Well to you, it Happened and ur funds were not released, last year it happened to me and after the block my money was released to me.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by newk007(m): 9:22am On Nov 08, 2020
Duke111:

D wearer knows where d shoe hurts.
If u haven’t don hp or rental den u definitely not comprehend why card trips r rejected. So ppl gat bills to pay daily n needs cash to sought themselves out, n cant wait till next week payment. Even sef bolt wont pay u ur money dey owe u till two weeks time n u tink d driver will be happy. So lets try to be comprehensive all d times n stop stigmatize drivers that dont want card trips. As am writing dis bolt has not paid me last week 10k and dis week own is about 8k n am praying dey pay me all dis week. So in such instances wat do u expect a driver do wen he gats bill to pay. Great weekend guys don’t forget to go to church ooo⛪️�‍♀️

Well for dis is very simple, complain to bolt, and dis is very rare occasion which occurs one out of 20... Not always justifying daily you want to reject cards trips.

Construct your mail well and you will have your money, copy bolt estonia for a quick response

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by newk007(m): 9:23am On Nov 08, 2020
shollywendy1:

There are many ways to raise cash as a professional drivers.
indriver is one of the options. You will get paid on or at d end of the trip.
If rental or hp driver uses like 5k from the previous payment to buy fuel. I'm very sure he will have done a cash trip before the end of the 5k fuel.
But the ones that buys N500 - N1000 fuel usually have this problem of short of cash to buy fuel. (My assumption though I might be wrong)

God bless You Sir... Simple comprehension buy fuel that can last you two days, and you can't finish the fuel before you will have a cash trip that will fuel for the next two days.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:27am On Nov 08, 2020
shollywendy1:

It's like you don't know that many drivers live from hand to mouth. I'm not trying to justify anything though

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 9:38am On Nov 08, 2020
Which app?
newk007:

Well to you, it Happened and ur funds were not released, last year it happened to me and after the block my money was released to me.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 9:53am On Nov 08, 2020
deedee44:

It's like you don't know that many drivers live from hand to mouth. I'm not trying to justify anything though
Yea I understand your point of view but using part of the previous week payment to run fuelling will safe him from running out of fuel b4 getting another cash trip
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by newk007(m): 10:02am On Nov 08, 2020
davit:
Which app?

Uber

(1) (2) (3) ... (3116) (3117) (3118) (3119) (3120) (3121) (3122) ... (5700) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Jakpajohnss(m), northbird, thoollz, EmiloCorn and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.