Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,380 members, 7,812,109 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4733996 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3153) (3154) (3155) (3156) (3157) (3158) (3159) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 4:39pm On Nov 19, 2020
I can't agree less with all your postulations. The only problems with Uber is their fucking system. The system tags almost everything fraudulent.
ekehopp:
Summary of post: Go and onboard/register on Uber. Don't put all your eggs in one basket (Bolt).

So, Bolt blocked me again yesterday for the third time. Same low rating reason (I've now been advised to proactively boost rating next time).
1st time was 24 hours, 2nd one week. I've written to them (email and driver app) and they've replied.
This block is indefinite, but definitely not permanent. As it's not fraud I'm optimistic I’ll be unblocked sooner or later.

My position on Bolt still remains that they empower Riders too much.
Their rating is based on only 40 recent trips, while Uber is based on 500 recent trips.
So if you do the maths (arithmetic mean ...average), a 1 star on Bolt has far more devastating impact.

Anyway, I've defaulted to Uber, like last time. And my yesterday experience has left me feeling like a fool all this time I was running Bolt package.
I can confidently say again that in Abuja you can afford to do only Uber and you'd be at par or even better than Bolt alone riders, or those that combine.
My reasons are stated below. I made more money the 8 hours I ran Uber alone yesterday, then the 10 - 12 hours I have been running both apps combined any day in the last 1 week.

1] Because Uber has far less drivers, almost every other trip is a surge!
2] Uber has cancellation fee. So as far as you arrive pick up spot, your effort will be appreciated.
3] The fact that waiting time automatically starts counting down once GPRS certifies you've arrived, Uber riders are much more disciplined in putting up accurate pick up spots, and they hardly cancel.
4] Uber is more expensive to ride, so naturally oshofree people tend to Bolt, with all their rudeness and frustration. While Uber is patronized by the much more affluent and courteous/polite people. Thus, you drive with greater peace of mind.
5] Because Uber riders are more affluent, if you're smart you stand to make more money.
-The trips are surges.
-They often leave change/tips for you (A lady paid me 2,000 for a 900 trip yesterday because she appreciated I could pick her up so late 11.30pm when she had given up hope).
-You can negotiate offline better. (Carried a guy yesterday on surge for 1,400. I dropped off and waited for him at his destination. 500 for 15 minutes. And then did the last trip leg to his house offline (500). I ended up getting 2,400 in 1-hour, same time of which on bolt might not have fetched me more than 1,000.
6] Airport advantage. Because you're carrying more affluent people, they are more likely to travel by plane interstate etc. From my yesterday’s trip I already have one confirmed airport offline tomorrow. Uber airport request are also given on First-Come-First-Serve basis. So, you can predict waiting times at airport unlike Bolt. Plus, fewer drivers means faster and more probably requests.
7] Bolt has the market share and serves much more request, but that extra time waiting for Uber request is valuable rest period for body.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 5:05pm On Nov 19, 2020
Think same way too
peeps4u:
I dont want to be a bad belle but I dont think sirleke deserves to win this scanner. No one knows him, he claims to be a silent reader but surprisingly he was the most active NLer going from threads to threads all yesterday. Anyone that doesn't even have a car can just come and campaign hard like sirleke, wins the scanner and then sells it.
No one knows sirleke antecedent, no one knows if he's a car owner or driver.

But since Raudautoworks didn't put any condition that Would prevent this, may be he has to win it. I believe next time will not be like this.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 5:19pm On Nov 19, 2020
I already said he has to win it since no such condition stops him. I just posted that may be radautoworks might see to it next time and adjust the rules where necessary. It will be dubious to change the rule now and deny sirleke, I won't even support that.

Peace
pope191:

Boss I feel we should stop hitting on a man for working hard or should I say passionate for what he want either he deserve it or not. Life have tot me to work around what I want, if you must earn it. On the political ground, he deserved it, on input to the uber platform, he doesn't... What are the rules again? If there are no rules, then let's laff over this and just catch d cruise.

I said it yesterday that I'm not in for nomination (Maybe cos I can think as having it, if I so care) and I still feel same way, but life most not b about my opinion, so I flow with majority, Salam! Salam!! Is the paramount thing at the end of the day.

Let me share a summarize story of when you truly need some tin here... A motivational speak brought out a note of 1k and ask his listeners who need this money, while others were shouting me! me!! Someone stood up and rush to grab it from him, that shows how desperate d grabber needs the money. No one just sit and allow things to fall on his or her laps, if u truly need something, then fight to earn it, thats what I see Sirleke doing since yesterday. Peace

Next time if the uber group really want go easily on dis... there's some tin called mobilization, u don't do it openly, kara someone u know to kara the person he/she knows under G, before u know grin we don rig election

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 5:20pm On Nov 19, 2020
sirleke:

Mr Baz

Bros u too much, I been think say u don go sleep cos I know say u no sleep last night.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sirleke(m): 5:43pm On Nov 19, 2020
BAZ001:

Bros u too much, I been think say u don go sleep cos I know say u no sleep last night.
e no easy Bros

It still shows how much I need it sir..

Thank u n everyone here .

God bless us all.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 5:53pm On Nov 19, 2020
Felicity0001:

1 like for this post but not for the postergrin
your wahala too much.you no dey tire? My na boy go wife your daughter grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 7:49pm On Nov 19, 2020
Kongrats:

I pay a little below a mil for only house rent per year for the family. I feed and do everything. If I tell him to take on family responsibilities, it'll be the same as telling him to do what he wants with the car. Truly, I know I won't get anything in return from the car but I just want to bill him so that he can learn responsibility the harsh way. Btw, any money he remits will all go back to him but I must put him on his toes.

Bros please you owe nobody any explanation. Do your thing the way you feel is right.
This is a faceless forum, many people who have not helped family before will be telling you how to do it.
N.B: No shade directed to anyone please

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 7:59pm On Nov 19, 2020
sirleke:
e no easy Bros

It still shows how much I need it sir..

Thank u n everyone here .

God bless us all.
You are a worthy winner. Congratulations in advance

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hefelove(m): 8:07pm On Nov 19, 2020
Olayetan:
Nah so i carry one guy from Presken in opebi yesterday around 9pm, he was going to bariga, this guy insisted i flex with them before i leave, guy carried me to a bar in bariga and we chilled till 11pm before i left him and his frnds

He was very friendly and jovial but initially, i was scared but, when i took my time to observe his intention, i realized he just wanted to make frnd and have fun...

Before you come preach for me, i mysef observed with the way he was being so chatty, he can never be someone with bad intentions, he even introduced me to all his frnds and they were all great men..

I had fun tho.
Sha cut him off, make he no go be say he get bad plans for you for future purpose

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:08pm On Nov 19, 2020
deedee44:

Bros please you owe nobody any explanation. Do your thing the way you feel is right.
This is a faceless forum, many people who have not helped family before will be telling you how to do it.

Are you sure? grin

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:22pm On Nov 19, 2020
Bro, well done o.
If I get you, so u saved N135k in two weeks from driving Moove?

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cooooooks(m): 9:30pm On Nov 19, 2020
Try now.

He told me he spoke with some people this morning.

coker007:

The person isn't picking his call
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 9:58pm On Nov 19, 2020
BAZ001:
Wahala be like bicycle for this thread.
Make I park for corner the watch wether peace go quick reign or someone is coming with petrol and fire.
I no get strength, Sirleke don zap am.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 10:00pm On Nov 19, 2020
Felicity0001:

My dad died many years ago so I guess its his ghost thats typing all these rubbish you just typed and I'll keep spitting in your foolish ghost over and over again till you die and die a million times.

Keep making a fool of yourself okay. You think I don't know you? Or you believe NL is truly a faceless forum?? Don't worry continue. One more word from you again directed to me you'll see what will happen to you within 24hrs.
Doubt me? ask some monikers here that used to attack me here before how their life is now.

Young man be careful.

We die here for the violence. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 10:03pm On Nov 19, 2020
peeps4u:
I dont want to be a bad belle but I dont think sirleke deserves to win this scanner. No one knows him, he claims to be a silent reader but surprisingly he was the most active NLer going from threads to threads all yesterday. Anyone that doesn't even have a car can just come and campaign hard like sirleke, wins the scanner and then sells it.
No one knows sirleke antecedent, no one knows if he's a car owner or driver.

But since Raudautoworks didn't put any condition that Would prevent this, may be he has to win it. I believe next time will not be like this.

Sir leke just came from nowhere and won the scanner. I hadly see his moniker on this thread. The likes of Izzou, Northbird, pope would have been the best candidate.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 10:04pm On Nov 19, 2020
deedee44:

Na for this World people wey no get work dey advice you say your 50k salary too small make you quit.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 10:04pm On Nov 19, 2020
oluwaseunla:

Cc greatstephenho

Sir the Es350 compressor has been sold
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oluwaseunla(m): 10:08pm On Nov 19, 2020
dru23:

Sir the Es350 compressor has been sold

Ok. Thank you so much.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 10:11pm On Nov 19, 2020
Y'all mean sirleke won the scanner? That's some bullsheet!!! I never heard of him..in my 2years of being in this thread.

No offence intended.. but o wrong now?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:25pm On Nov 19, 2020
izzou:

Are you sure? grin
Very sure cool. So the owner of the reply I quoted wouldn't think I was referring to him.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:25pm On Nov 19, 2020
tojahh:

Na for this World people wey no get work dey advice you say your 50k salary too small make you quit.
Aswear
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 12:54am On Nov 20, 2020
peeps4u:

I already said he has to win it since no such condition stops him. I just posted that may be radautoworks might see to it next time and adjust the rules where necessary. It will be dubious to change the rule now and deny sirleke, I won't even support that.

Peace

I dig boss
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sirleke(m): 1:26am On Nov 20, 2020
I have come to say THANK YOU......

I eventually won......

Thank u guys plenty...... I m honored..

I promise to be more active (say what I know) henceforth, only wen the need b.

Peeps4u,chucsmoore and all that falls in this category: what else can I say ,I sincerely have nothing against u guys,THANK YOU

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 2:14am On Nov 20, 2020
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SHOOPSYN(m): 5:03am On Nov 20, 2020
AngryIgboDon:
Lets make this more fun.

Please house, lets vote for izzou.

Izzous help has been top notch and unique on this forum. He gives a lot of premium information.

The next 30 people that vote him and ensure he wins will get 2GB data each and recharge card from me.

If you ensure he wins, I will be dropping cards like pure water here.

I will stop malignin aunty Radu

I will change from AngryIgboDon to HappyIgboDon

I have a data guy that sells cheap data and I will fund at least 20 accounts here with enough data and recharge cards.

I will go back to dropping premium contents.

For the house Party, am willing to contribute 2 cartons of smoked fish, azu ndu and cat fish for peppersoup.

I will also hire a top class dj to blast off madam rads shop with tunes that day.

The biggest? All of you will get to see HappyIgboDon on that day to get autographs from me. I will also arrive in my 4matic benz so some of you will know am really a Don.

Make Izzou win.

Vote Izzou, Vote Tranquillity.

This message is signed and brought to you by the CEO and Executive chairman... FISH FORTE GROUP OF COMAPNIES.

Udu Abiriba na Nando

Mma Agha na Oshodi

Anya Mmiri Uber and Bolt drivers na Lagos.

Onu eji bili aku na Ojota

Oji Amu Eme Oji na Ikeja

Echeta Ebewe Uber Thread na Nairaland

N.B
As you vote, mention me. I will be collating the votes independently on a central server to avoid rigging.

AngryIgboMan is back! I really miss this Boss... Just change it to ManDonHappy.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Sanmion: 6:29am On Nov 20, 2020
Ma, sir. I'm one of Uber driver. Please I need Honda Civic for hire purchase.i have down payment. I stay in gbagada 08098300067
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 7:01am On Nov 20, 2020
@radautoworks, thanks for giving back always. You are indeed a blessing to this forum. Nevertheless, you owe this honorable thread a scanner o. We will do our own voting here strictly by active members cheesy. Who is with me on this?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 7:18am On Nov 20, 2020
davit:
@radautowork, thanks for giving back always. You are indeed a blessing to this forum. Nevertheless, you owe this honorable thread a scanner o. We will do our own voting here strictly by active members cheesy. Who is with me on this?

There are still 8 left. Let's see what happens smiley

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 7:33am On Nov 20, 2020
You had to win it and you did. You deserved it.

Just be active when need be. If you could actively campaign all over the threads, you can be actively involved in some discussions on NL as well.

Congrats, again.

sirleke:
I have come to say THANK YOU......

I eventually won......

Thank u guys plenty...... I m honored..

I promise to be more active (say what I know) henceforth, only wen the need b.

Peeps4u,chucsmoore and all that falls in this category: what else can I say ,I sincerely have nothing against u guys,THANK YOU

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 20, 2020
radautoworks:

There are still 8 left. Let's see what happens smiley

8 left?...that's good!!

How can this thread win at least 1 or maybe 3 of these scanners?

I want to be involved for real now☺

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Duke111: 7:46am On Nov 20, 2020
Good morning brethren, please any info about the ojuelegba traffic yesterday, if the said tanker that fell has been moved? Daalu

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 7:54am On Nov 20, 2020
coker007:

8 left?...that's good!!

How can this thread win at least 1 or maybe 3 of these scanners?

I want to be involved for real now☺
One of yours already won! NaijaCR7 was winner of challenge 2 wink

For a start I tried to use the ideas you gave me but that didn't work out so far. Also, as soon as I add a challenge I post the link here to give you guys a head start. I'm still taking ideas for additional challenges but the one for Monday I already know and it is like challenge one except it's going to be about one of our posts on NL.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3153) (3154) (3155) (3156) (3157) (3158) (3159) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: IFSHR and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.