Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4733385 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3172) (3173) (3174) (3175) (3176) (3177) (3178) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by NaijaCr7: 8:14pm On Nov 25, 2020
Just picked up my won challenge 2 car scanner.

Unboxing video and pictures loading .

Space booked .

God bless Radautoworks ! God bless Car quest

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lush100(m): 8:39pm On Nov 25, 2020
Guy, what's the password to picking car scanner @ radautoworks shop.
I have � been seeing pick pick for the past 2 week,

NaijaCr7:
Just picked up my won challenge 2 car scanner.

Unboxing video and pictures loading .

Space booked .

God bless Radautoworks ! God bless Car quest
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by NaijaCr7: 8:46pm On Nov 25, 2020
Lush100:
Guy, what's the password to picking car scanner @ radautoworks shop.
I have � been seeing pick pick for the past 2 week,

Password is winthenextchallenge

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 9:21pm On Nov 25, 2020
NaijaCr7:

Password is winthenextchallenge

grin you don win e come funny abi grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dovehorizon: 9:44pm On Nov 25, 2020
radautoworks:

MEEMMMEEEESSSS!!!

Lol, u are catching cruise right...

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 9:52pm On Nov 25, 2020
Dovehorizon:

Lol, u are catching cruise right...

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by starchris(m): 10:49pm On Nov 25, 2020
Please is anyone using Honda city for ehalling? I just bought one recently for this hustle. Naija use Honda city 2009. 1.5L engine. I would have gone for civic 06/08 but it's not spacious for me cox of my height but the 2009 city look small but very spacious. Please I would like to know if anyone hear is using the car and what are the possible challenges to expect from the car.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 10:54pm On Nov 25, 2020
Felicity0001:

Baba d painment reach like that??

Only unserious people take every words that guy says seriously. C'mon bro don't be intimidated by ordinary words... He has said more demonizing words to me but heaven and earth knows I'm 100times better and nothing close to any of the words he describes me with.

So brace up baba... [b]don't forget na oshodi blood dey our vains... We are rigid, strong and powerful[/b].
akuko
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oblozzolawrence: 11:00pm On Nov 25, 2020
starchris:
Please is anyone using Honda city for ehalling? I just bought one recently for this hustle. Naija use Honda city 2009. 1.5L engine. I would have gone for civic 06/08 but it's not spacious for me cox of my height but the 2009 city look small but very spacious. Please I would like to know if anyone hear is using the car and what are the possible challenges to expect from the car.
baba dat car is one of the best car for ehailling. I wonder why they don't mention it here. The fuel efficiency is top notch...i have a friend dats using it. And d guy dy flex d car wella.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifec92: 11:19pm On Nov 25, 2020
My people...I greet all of una
. I humbly need y’all help
I bought my car camry 2005 4plugs around May this year but I noticed the engine oil get dry up over time( I’m forced to service the car every 6weeks rather than toping the oil)..the recommended oil is 5w30 but it’s quite expensive so I go for Total 20w50

My mechanic said I’ll have to ring the engine if the problem persist(That will cost me over 60k according to him)
Please what might be the cause? And please what is the possible solution??
Your suggestions / Advice will be highly appreciated
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 11:56pm On Nov 25, 2020
labiola:
Good morning all.

I have a corolla 2007 Tokunbo. I bought it 1month ago for personal use but I am considering using it for Uber business. My challenge is how to get a good driver to partner with. I can't drive it myself.

Please I need your advice.

Coker007

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dovehorizon: 12:09am On Nov 26, 2020
starchris:

Major culprit is the gearbox.... use the right transmission oil
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 12:09am On Nov 26, 2020
Luxurydriverng:
DIY || I just did this routine car maintenance myself. If you own a car you too can do it.

The last time I did this in a mechanics workshop I was charged 5k but eventually paid 3k.
Recently I've been home without earning from driving so I just thought of saving some few bucks by doing it my self.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR7_hupd6r4

You got me watching the whole video without forwarding.

Well done.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sharpk007(m): 12:13am On Nov 26, 2020
peeps4u:

Coker007

Asin eeennn... D way U dey help quote d guy always...

Well he might be doing the work underneath by picking d number and chatting or calling the people.

I could remember like 2yrs ago wen I was hunting for a car for rental, any post on car rental or HP like dis, I don call, send message, less Dan 2 weeks I got a car after declining like 5 offers due to contract negotiations.

@coker007 don't relent but be very very strategic .

One Love

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:17am On Nov 26, 2020
starchris:

I have several Honda Civic on ehailing.. They are good cars.. Just make you use the correct transmission fluid, the transmission will not handle abuse very from the use of wrong fluid.. The engine do last very long time and they can take abuse upon abuse, but don't abuse it o ,always use the recommended engine oil .....if you bought a Nigerian used city ,it is more than likely the car has been abuse before been sold to you .... Overall Honda Civic are usually very reliable... Civic and city are almost the same vechicle, not much different

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 12:18am On Nov 26, 2020
ifec92:
I bought my car camry 2005 4plugs around May this year but I noticed the engine oil get dry up over time( I’m forced to service the car every 6weeks rather than toping the oil)..the recommended oil is 5w30 but it’s quite expensive so I go for Total 20w50

My mechanic said I’ll have to ring the engine if the problem persist(That will cost me over 60k according to him)
What level does the oil drop to before you are forced to service?

Since you are using 20w50 oil grade, servicing at 6weeks is ideal IMO (remember it’s not the recommended oil for the car). You don’t want to keep that oil in the car for months without changing it.

In fact if you are using the car for UBER and you use 20w50 oil, I’ll advise that you change the oil every month.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 12:19am On Nov 26, 2020
starchris:

It is good, even has a better fuel economy than the civic. Where many people comminly get it wrong with city is the wrong gear oil.

Radautoworks, please what's the correct gear oil for city.

Modified:
I can see people have already told you about the transmission oil being one of the primary causes of city problem, if wrong oil is used.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 12:21am On Nov 26, 2020
Bro, I was there before, I know how frustrating the search can be.

May God help us all.

sharpk007:

Asin eeennn... D way U dey help quote d guy always...

Well he might be doing the work underneath by picking d number and chatting or calling the people.

I could remember like 2yrs ago wen I was hunting for a car for rental, any post on car rental or HP like dis, I don call, send message, less Dan 2 weeks I got a car after declining like 5 offers due to contract negotiations.

@coker007 don't relent but be very very strategic .

One Love

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:28am On Nov 26, 2020
ifec92:

My brother you will need to face reality o.. That engine is gone and dusted .. 20w50 is the wrong engine oil , and am pretty sure you bought the car naija used.. The previous owner must have known that the engine was on its way out ,so they sold the car before any potential sucker (Buyer) will notice any engine problem ..( I sell cars and I have cars on ehailing). So trust me I know what am saying......

Ringing the engine is a waste of money and time.. If your mechanic decides to ring it , you are taking a 50/50 risk coz the ringing might last 6months if you are lucky.....

Time to face the truth.... You better off getting a tokunbo engine in Ladipo, finding 1 that has not been worked on and than sold as tokunbo is another issue by itself.. Either way good luck and once you are lucky enough to get conform, conform tokunbo engine,. .make sure you use the correct engine oil... wish you luck, you will need it

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:46am On Nov 26, 2020
Babadee1900:
What level does the oil drop to before you are forced to service?

Since you are using 20w50 oil grade, servicing at 6weeks is ideal IMO (remember it’s not the recommended oil for the car). You don’t want to keep that oil in the car for months without changing it.

In fact if you are using the car for UBER and you use 20w50 oil, I’ll advise that you change the oil every month.

20w50 is the wrong oil whether using for uber or not.. 20w50 is a very thick oil to begin with.. You are causing the oil pump to pump oil harder than it is supposed to be.And thereby causing wear and tear on the oil pump and engine.. Now if at all a thicker oil should be used at all 5w40 would have made more sense than 20w50....

You mention oil should be change every month if using 20w50 for uber...This is why I don't feel bad for car owners at all...

An uber driver can average about at least 3k miles or more a month .. 4liters of 20w50 will cost about 5knaira, so when doing oil change it is highly recommended to change your oil filters too which can cost at least 2k for original oil filter and depending on mechanic will charge at least 2k to 3k for oil change servicing.....

Now that you think it is better to use imported oil like Mobil 1 Extended performance and change oil every 6k miles to maximum 10 miles... When you do this you save money in the long run and not waste money on engine replacement? ....

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 12:53am On Nov 26, 2020
dru23:

20w50 is the wrong oil whether using for uber or not.. 20w50 is a very thick oil to begin with.. You are causing the oil pump to pump oil harder than it is supposed to be.And thereby causing wear and tear on the oil pump and engine.. Now if at all a thicker oil should be used at all 5w40 would have made more sense than 20w50....

You mention oil should be change every month if using 20w50 for uber...This is why I don't feel bad for car owners at all...

An uber driver can average about at least 3k miles or more a month .. 4liters of 20w50 will cost about 5knaira, so when doing oil change it is highly recommended to change your oil filters too which can cost at least 2k for original oil filter and depending on mechanic will charge at least 2k to 3k for oil change servicing.....

Now that you think it is better to use imported oil like Mobil 1 Extended performance and change oil every 6k miles to maximum 10 miles... When you do this you save money in the long run and not waste money on engine replacement? ....
I gave my submission based on what he wrote.

The engine is already burning (thicker) oil; 20w50.
No point advising him to revert to the recommended oil which is lighter...bet it won’t stay up to two weeks before it dries up.

Whatever decision the User takes, I only wish him the best. wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 1:01am On Nov 26, 2020
ifec92:

You're asking for medicine after death. Conventional 5w30 is the SAME price as 20w50. You have two choices. Rebuild the engine properly or buy a new one.

Okay, three options. Sell it to another sucker. No be me talk am o lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:20am On Nov 26, 2020
Babadee1900:
I gave my submission based on what he wrote.

The engine is already burning (thicker) oil; 20w50.
No point advising him to revert to the recommended oil which is lighter...bet it won’t stay up to two weeks before it dries up.

Whatever decision the User takes, I only wish him the best. wink

I am not recommending him to revert to recommended oil , base on what his mechanic said, that if the engine continues to have oil shortage , ringing the engine is the next option .. I than stated that ringing an engine is 50/50 risk , the ringing can last up to 6 months if he is lucky, I than said it is better to buy a conform ,conform tokunbo engine and than use the recommended oil henceforth

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GforGee: 1:52am On Nov 26, 2020
radautoworks:

You're asking for medicine after death. Conventional 5w30 is the SAME price as 20w50. You have two choices. Rebuild the engine properly or buy a new one.

Okay, three options. Sell it to another sucker. No be me talk am o lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ghost1994: 4:06am On Nov 26, 2020
*Car parts and their prices*
(Toyota Camry 03-06 and Toyota Corolla 03-06)

Windscreen
Corolla 20k
Camry 19k

*Bumper*
Corolla 15k
Camry 18k

**Headlamps*
Corolla 15k each
Camry 17k each

*Battery*
70amps (18k)
75amps (20k)

*Shocks*
Corolla new (8k each)
Tokubo (5k each)

Camry new (9k each)
Tokunbo (7k each)

*Stablizer linkages*
New 2 pairs #2500
Tokunbo 2 pairs #1500

*Bushings*
1k each

*Engine seater*

*Brakepads*
6k new
Tokunbo 4k

*Catalyst*
Work type (cut and open) 15k
Complete manifold with catalyst (35k)

*Spark plugs*
New set 6k
Tokunbo 4k

*Spark plug coil*
Set new (4k each)
Tokubo (2k each)

*Alternator*
New 8k
Tokunbo 6k

*Power steering pump*
Corolla 27k
Camry 25k

*Radiator*
New camry double cell (25k)
Single cell (18k)

Corolla single cell (15k)
Double cell(20k)

*Alternator belt*
Camry tokunbo 4k
New 2500

Corolla tokunbo 3k
New 1500

*Condenser*
Camry new 20k
Tokunbo 14k

Corolla new 18k
Tokunbo 13k

*Compressor*
Camry new 30k
Tokunbo 25k

Corolla new 27k
Tokunbo 23k

Hope this helps. Let no one come and be asking for these prices again here oooo.

Copied

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:33am On Nov 26, 2020
20w50 also works well for cars with 5w30 specifications especially on camry and corrolla.

I have had a Corrola and a Camry for over 5 years now.

The oil I have been using on them both are Mobil oil 20w50. It also works great.

If your pocket can't buy the recommended 5w30, please stick to 20w50. It also works. It is not palm oil.

Many people I know also use 20w50 and it works well for them. Even many people here I believe also use 20w50.

The secret to using conventional mineral oils like every other oil is servicing when due because it is not as treated as the Mobil 1. Thats the secret.

I don't use any mineral oil above 3,000 kilometres.

This does not in any way mean I am endorsing 20w50 over the recommended oil. If you can afford the recommended 5w30, please do go for it. All am saying is that 20w50 also works great... At least for me.

If your engine is drying oil, best find out what makes it to dry oil. Be certain there are no leakages or your oil seals are not broken.

Meanwhile in a city like Lagos where you can stay in Traffic for over 14 hours daily under hot sun, what other lightness of oil are you looking for again? How does wrong oil usage cause oil to dry up? If your engine can dry up heavy oil, what makes you think it won't dry up recommended lighter oil?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by fdmskincare: 7:13am On Nov 26, 2020
Ghost1994:

Windscreen
Corolla 20k
Camry 19k

*Bumper*
Corolla 15k
Camry 18k

**Headlamps*
Corolla 15k each
Camry 17k each

*Battery*
70amps (18k)
75amps (20k)

*Shocks*
Corolla new (8k each)
Tokubo (5k each)

Camry new (9k each)
Tokunbo (7k each)

*Stablizer linkages*
New 2 pairs #2500
Tokunbo 2 pairs #1500

*Bushings*
1k each

*Engine seater*

*Brakepads*
6k new
Tokunbo 4k

*Catalyst*

*Spark plugs*
New set 6k
Tokunbo 4k

*Spark plug coil*
Set new (4k each)
Tokubo (2k each)

*Alternator*
New 8k
Tokunbo 6k

*Power steering pump*
Corolla 27k
Camry 25k

*Radiator*
Single cell (18k)

Double cell(20k)

*Alternator belt*
Camry tokunbo 4k
New 2500

Corolla tokunbo 3k
New 1500

*Condenser*
Camry new 20k
Tokunbo 14k

Corolla new 18k
Tokunbo 13k

*Compressor*
Camry new 30k
Tokunbo 25k

Corolla new 27k
Tokunbo 23k

Hope this helps. Let no one come and be asking for these prices again here oooo.

Copied

Very helpful, thanks boss
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 7:18am On Nov 26, 2020
radautoworks:

Both. Astute observation.

Oh, I see.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by NaijaCr7: 7:19am On Nov 26, 2020
radautoworks:

grin you don win e come funny abi grin

Lol. I was correct na, if the guy win the next challenge, he will be picking one as well smiley grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lush100(m): 7:28am On Nov 26, 2020
No worries brother,
If I no get radautowork's scanner

Just know that I have included ur name in the the association : NASCAR (national association of scanning car to aid repair).
Just send me ur location on mainland, I will come and scan my kokolo moto.

Matter solved grin

NaijaCr7:

Lol. I was correct na, if the guy win the next challenge, he will be picking one as well smiley grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by royalair(m): 7:31am On Nov 26, 2020
Good day all. Please I'm in need of a vehicle for rentals. I reside at Festac. Reach me on 08168065525 if there's anyone available. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 7:33am On Nov 26, 2020
LOL, for this naija when prices of things increase every now and then.

Ghost1994:

Windscreen
Corolla 20k
Camry 19k

*Bumper*
Corolla 15k
Camry 18k

**Headlamps*
Corolla 15k each
Camry 17k each

*Battery*
70amps (18k)
75amps (20k)

*Shocks*
Corolla new (8k each)
Tokubo (5k each)

Camry new (9k each)
Tokunbo (7k each)

*Stablizer linkages*
New 2 pairs #2500
Tokunbo 2 pairs #1500

*Bushings*
1k each

*Engine seater*

*Brakepads*
6k new
Tokunbo 4k

*Catalyst*

*Spark plugs*
New set 6k
Tokunbo 4k

*Spark plug coil*
Set new (4k each)
Tokubo (2k each)

*Alternator*
New 8k
Tokunbo 6k

*Power steering pump*
Corolla 27k
Camry 25k

*Radiator*
Single cell (18k)

Double cell(20k)

*Alternator belt*
Camry tokunbo 4k
New 2500

Corolla tokunbo 3k
New 1500

*Condenser*
Camry new 20k
Tokunbo 14k

Corolla new 18k
Tokunbo 13k

*Compressor*
Camry new 30k
Tokunbo 25k

Corolla new 27k
Tokunbo 23k

Copied

(1) (2) (3) ... (3172) (3173) (3174) (3175) (3176) (3177) (3178) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.