Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4765543 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3170) (3171) (3172) (3173) (3174) (3175) (3176) ... (5695) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 6:00am On Nov 25, 2020
Blinking44:
After several weeks of battling fear of starting bolt driving, I finally came out to drive on the platform today.
Below are my one-day experience;
I started in the afternoon (around 1pm), finished 3 trips around 5pm. All the riders I picked are in a hurry and most of them said I'm slow ( well, its my first time, but I didn't let them know, I'm not conversant with most of the roads, but Google map saved me, it helped me in all the trips, )
My earnings on the three trip was 6800. All the trips was cash trip. 6200 was paid to me. Would have made more driving back home assuming my phone battery was not dead. The application consume battery and I was not with a USB charger.

All in all, it wasn't easy, even trying to please the riders.

I'm considering taking another break for now.

And you just start work o...

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 6:37am On Nov 25, 2020
deedee44:

I hope you will also reduce it to 20k in January when the goodies dry up

After January it will go back to 30k weekly.

My drivers are all happy with the arrangement, only here people see things differently.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 7:06am On Nov 25, 2020
Carshopper I have a deal for you.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 7:16am On Nov 25, 2020
Blinking44:
After several weeks of battling fear of starting bolt driving, I finally came out to drive on the platform today.
I started in the afternoon (around 1pm), finished 3 trips around 5pm. All the riders I picked are in a hurry and most of them said I'm slow ( well, its my first time, but I didn't let them know, I'm not conversant with most of the roads, but Google map saved me, it helped me in all the trips, )
My earnings on the three trip was 6800. All the trips was cash trip. 6200 was paid to me. Would have made more driving back home assuming my phone battery was not dead. The application consume battery and I was not with a USB charger.

Good experience, but you need a permanent charger (cable) in your car and your phone always plugged even at 100% battery whenever your apps are online. Wish you all the best on your ehailing adventure.
Wait! You did only one day and want to take a break? See as you made me smile... God bless you

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 7:27am On Nov 25, 2020
1daboi:
So I went to Ibadan this morning on a personal mission. Something just told me to go online cheesy I did! See surge shocked later I got 7minutes request but didn't accept grin

This is the time Ibadan Pilots need to educate us on this hustle ooo. Maybe person go just port since life over there is easier than Lasgidi

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 7:36am On Nov 25, 2020
BAZ001:

Una don confuse me finish .
So what do we mean by temporary Drivers license?
Is it not the paper license frsc gives you before your original (plastic) DL comes out or I don't understand?
Uber didn’t allow me driver for 3months cos of dt, while bolt had even forgotten that they registered me.
I used TDL to register on uber before I finally got the original. Though I can't say what is obtainable as at today oooo

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 7:37am On Nov 25, 2020
shollywendy1:
Carshopper I have a deal for you. Chat me up. 08099785775

Oya ...make we run am oo
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 7:39am On Nov 25, 2020
Kamikaze42:

Yes the car is mine. If I had my way, I would rather give the car to a driver and ensure I get to the office by 8 and back home by 6 so that it can keeop making money within 8 and 5 when I close.

He can drive and then we share the money accordingly, but you know the rest. Story story would start immediately and I may regret, so I am kuku managing the free time.
Thank God you know the bolded
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 7:45am On Nov 25, 2020
omorkelly:

Does that implies one can use bolt app in another city seamlessly?
Definitely
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 8:07am On Nov 25, 2020
So Wetin dey happen for Kusenla Road nah?
tojahh:

Sir... You obviously aren't ready. With 1k you would have continued working. If you know, you know.

Meanwhile avoid Kusela Road, you will thank me soon.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 8:09am On Nov 25, 2020
Felicity0001:

I was in IB last week Friday and i meet a Bolt Driver and we exchanged ideas. He made me understood drivers in Lagos can get request when ever they are in IB but they can't when they drive into Lagos.

According to him he usually recieves request to Lagos but for reasons best to him I doesn't go.

As a sharp guy looking 4 trip back to Lagos I on my app, boom! Request came in... Immediately rider call... I was surprised. Asked her to cancel, was just a run test.

I then set destination to Lagos which then expose another thing about the app to me.

The rate In IB is very low, few drivers, long distance pickup, driver's bonus not attractuve at all. e.g... Weekend bonus of 4k in Lagos is 1900/2k (forgotten) I saw on his app with more trips to be completed.

In a nut shell... If you'd want to drive in IB it best you come down to lagos an open you account.

See picture below for a "shooting" I did for the guy. Dont ask me what "shooting means, if you know you know.

For the benefit of those that likes to do trips to IB please make sure you leave early in the morning if you plan coming back same day because it's a whole day journey due to construction on the road with lots of diversion and traffic.

I've done trips to IB 3times in the last 2months, nothing has changed it as always been 8AM to 10PM return trip.

⚠: Don't pick passengers along thw road oooh when coming back to Lagos from IB those IB touts dem no dey smile oooh neither do they hear "abeg". If you need passenger drive down to the toll gate, enter, park then walk down and meet them at the garage... They'll load for you while you pay them commission.

⚠: make sure youre tires are good and your wheels are balance and well aligned.

We Moove

Well done brotherly
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 8:28am On Nov 25, 2020
jpworld:

My drivers are all happy with the arrangement, only here people see things differently.
So when business is slow you will collect normal (your normal is above average) and won't suffer from the slow but when it's booming you will eat extra from the boom. Wehdone sir, one day you will also be at the mercy of someone else. Treat people the way you will like to be treated

15 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 8:42am On Nov 25, 2020
raykas:
2004 Camry for sale for 1.1m ,nothing to fix . Just buy and drive . Chat me on whatapp 080622889956
Please where is the engine of this car abi e no get ni?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 8:52am On Nov 25, 2020
dru23:

Well we thank God , the engine oil business is doing ok . And also my drivers are doing well and maintenance cost of my civics are low .. So in other to keep them happy I didnt want to increase weekly delivery .. And I don't even do inspections anymore .. I am happy and drivers are happy to , no need to rock the boat .. Plus I still handle 100% repairs .........

In the past I stated that investors should only invest in few amount of cars on ehailing.. And they should not be put all there eggs in 1 basket ... so the few I have now am happy and I easily monitor them ...

In my humble advice 5 cars should be the maximum an investor should have on ehailing.. And invest in other business, when you do that the uber income will not be a die affair.... It is a tough business and I can't come and kill myself... it is not easy at all ,but so far I am contented with what I have.. And I have become selective on who I hire ....
Bro you will go far in life.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lilkech(m): 9:10am On Nov 25, 2020
AngryIgboDon:

Please don't tell me this is your company name? undecided undecided

And what do you mean by "We at Dru23"? The last time I checked, you are the Chairman, Director, Sales Person, Marketer, Secretary, Accountant and Store Keeper of your Sole oil sales business.

Why make it look like you are an employer of labour when you are not? At least in your oil business.

Only Radautoworks has the right to say "We at TransmissionMilex" or GuzzGuzz say "We at GazzuzzAutoss". Because they are registered businesses and have employees under their payroll especially Ratautos.

One day now, that Fat Black Mechanic called Bishop will say "We at BishopAutos". Even though he has no registered business name and carries all his tools in a knapsack straped to his back while walking aimlessly around Lagos like someone without ambition. I even heard he has body odour and smells a lot too.

In Igboland, we call his type "AKPA USHI" (Bag of Smellos) or "UDU EZI" (Drum of Pigs)

I’ve actually ordered oil from dru23 sometime in 2018 or so and a woman was the one who negotiated with me and even put it in an interstate vehicle to arrive at the state where I was at the time.

Abeg leave dru23 alone oh, let him not start posting memes anyhow again. Those months I was reading this thread and he was running amok with his pictures all my data I was managing used to finish ‘fiam’ just because of nairaland uber thread loading all his endless memes.

Abeg oh, I take God beg you. I just subscribe 1 day plan this morning embarassed

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 9:14am On Nov 25, 2020
jpworld:

Z
Bro, don't forget January is not always rosy and u should be considerate by bringing it down a little lower to the normal deliver for some weeks if u can raise it above normal when the market is booming.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ncnerio: 9:16am On Nov 25, 2020
radautoworks:

MEEMMMEEEESSSS!!!

Ooh my... Sub zero jonny cage that year. The first of the kombats

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 9:32am On Nov 25, 2020
radautoworks:

Don't encourage him. We need memes!

grin

Sorry to ask, were you a tomboy growing up or perhaps grew up among many guys?
Your vibes here among men suggest so. Seem you feel homely & comfortable with men.

I may be wrong though.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 9:36am On Nov 25, 2020
Important things to have;
1. Car charger and USB cord.
2. Car Holder, preferably AC vent car holder to keep your phone cool.

Don't honour without having these as a new driver who doesn't know roads.
Blinking44:

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Weightless: 9:48am On Nov 25, 2020
dru23:

The Nigeria consumer can be very funny at times. Just like the Toyota brand.. Once they are used to 1 particular brand, it will be extremely hard to win them over to another brand.......

Mobil 1 brand is the most popular brand of engine oil now in the market .. To now convince them to try other brand which can be better or equally as good as Mobil will be a daunting task .. I am not ready to take that risk ..

Cant fault you on that but that is very true nd accurate about nigerians going in one direction.
When I wanted to use a volvo or Mercedes car for uber I have alot of people say bad things bout both car till I meet a guy than open my eyes about using benz for ehailing nd next year I plan on joining him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Weightless: 9:59am On Nov 25, 2020

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bammzzie(m): 10:38am On Nov 25, 2020
dru23:

Well we thank God , the engine oil business is doing ok . And also my drivers are doing well and maintenance cost of my civics are low .. So in other to keep them happy I didnt want to increase weekly delivery .. And I don't even do inspections anymore .. I am happy and drivers are happy to , no need to rock the boat .. Plus I still handle 100% repairs .........

In the past I stated that investors should only invest in few amount of cars on ehailing.. And they should not be put all there eggs in 1 basket ... so the few I have now am happy and I easily monitor them ...

In my humble advice 5 cars should be the maximum an investor should have on ehailing.. And invest in other business, when you do that the uber income will not be a die affair.... It is a tough business and I can't come and kill myself... it is not easy at all ,but so far I am contented with what I have.. And I have become selective on who I hire ....
Thumbs up bro...u too much
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OJURONGBE1(m): 10:48am On Nov 25, 2020
lilkech:

I’ve actually ordered oil from dru23 sometime in 2018 or so and a woman was the one who negotiated with me and even put it in an interstate vehicle to arrive at the state where I was at the time.

Abeg leave dru23 alone oh, let him not start posting memes anyhow again. Those months I was reading this thread and he was running amok with his pictures all my data I was managing used to finish ‘fiam’ just because of nairaland uber thread loading all his endless memes.

Abeg oh, I take God beg you. I just subscribe 1 day plan this morning
embarassed

True talk bro!
Recession dey town grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OJURONGBE1(m): 10:52am On Nov 25, 2020
Weightless:

Cant fault you on that but that is very true nd accurate about nigerians going in one direction.
When I wanted to use a volvo or Mercedes car for uber I have alot of people say bad things bout both car till I meet a guy than open my eyes about using benz for ehailing nd next year I plan on joining him.

Premium tears loading !
Sebi na here we dey

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 10:52am On Nov 25, 2020
Blinking44:

what? This is hilarious grin
Good start bro! I welcome you with a cold bottle of beer
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 11:03am On Nov 25, 2020
peeps4u:

grin

Sorry to ask, were you a tomboy growing up or perhaps grew up among many guys?
Your vibes here among men suggest so. Seem you feel homely & comfortable with men.

I may be wrong though.

Both. Astute observation.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by labiola: 11:18am On Nov 25, 2020
Good morning all.

I have a corolla 2007 Tokunbo. I bought it 1month ago for personal use but I am considering using it for Uber business. My challenge is how to get a good driver to partner with. I can't drive it myself.

Please I need your advice.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 11:27am On Nov 25, 2020
Dru23 really knocked out angryiboman with that reply grin

Up till now baba never gather morale for a comeback??

We at MrJaydee Oil and Gas Ltd.. Certifies Dru23 as the winner of that contest

14 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 11:36am On Nov 25, 2020
deedee44:

So when business is slow you will collect normal (your normal is above average) and won't suffer from the slow but when it's booming you will eat extra from the boom. Wehdone sir, one day you will also be at the mercy of someone else. Treat people the way you will like to be treated

Drivers take home, between 30k to 50k weekly during xmas period and i only demand extra 3k from it, duo to high demand in maintaince and booming season, all of you here are complaining.

I don't need anybody mercy in business, market goes with demand and supply. When car will grow old now, nobody will pity, then it will be you that will carry ur cross.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Luxurydriverng: 11:37am On Nov 25, 2020
DIY || I just did this routine car maintenance myself. If you own a car you too can do it.

The last time I did this in a mechanics workshop I was charged 5k but eventually paid 3k.
Recently I've been home without earning from driving so I just thought of saving some few bucks by doing it my self.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR7_hupd6r4

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hayor88(m): 12:10pm On Nov 25, 2020
labiola:
Good morning all.

I have a corolla 2007 Tokunbo. I bought it 1month ago for personal use but I am considering using it for Uber business. My challenge is how to get a good driver to partner with. I can't drive it myself.

Please I need your advice.
Sir i try will convince you
I reside at idimu Lagos
Willing to dance to ur tune
Im in need of a car
Kindly give me a try sir
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hayor88(m): 12:14pm On Nov 25, 2020
Good day all
Kindly help with a car (Corolla or camry)
For Hire purchase or Rental plsssss
I reside at Idimu-lagos

Thanks in Anticipation Sir/Ma

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3170) (3171) (3172) (3173) (3174) (3175) (3176) ... (5695) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.