Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,083 members, 7,828,807 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (342) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4799250 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (5699) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 8:18am On Dec 01, 2017
Romeo3:
Bad cars.

partners never believe when drivers say there is something to be fixed. partners leave most repairs to drivers.

I doubt
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ifeanyimark(m): 8:20am On Dec 01, 2017
Carshopper:

Simple put ... GREED.... grin

Bleep you, this is the most stupid response i have seen in my life
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:40am On Dec 01, 2017
Ifeanyimark:

argue inteligently not with insults

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 8:41am On Dec 01, 2017
Carshopper:

I doubt
partner refused to change these tires for a driver. asked him to come and return the car.

I guess the driver was greedy as you said.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iamspeedracer(m): 8:44am On Dec 01, 2017
Ifeanyimark:

grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vicolame(m): 8:44am On Dec 01, 2017
ogunvic41:

Mail sent... I don't brag I speak from experience sir... Good morning

I meant that in a good way actually bro.. weldon sir ...in falzvoice
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 8:44am On Dec 01, 2017
Ifeanyimark:

calm down. people don't really know what goes on btw drivers and partners
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 8:47am On Dec 01, 2017
some weeks agi a/c of a 2012 corolla packed up. partner fixed ac for 50k. ac packs up after 3 days driver decides to fix ac from his pocket. ac works only 2 days and packs up again. partner asks driver to return the vehicle if he cant fix the ac.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:52am On Dec 01, 2017
bigass:
What are the genuine reasons why drivers default on payments. Thank you.

greed is very correct. I am a mechanic, there is no story a driver can cook up for me, but still 3 drivers on this forum are owing me over 150k collectively after i repossesd my vehicles due to default.

Also faulty vehicles. Most vehicles are not uber ready from day 1. Imagine you want to travel from lagos to sokoto by road, the type of vehicle you would preferably want to enter should have every thing in top form, its not the same when you want to a short inter state trip, you can manage.

These cars cover over 1200km every week (serious drivers only) you cannot put a semi rickety vehicle on the road and expext it to survive.

Preventive maintenance is key to succeeding if not you will find ya self spending more time at the mechanic than on the road.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 8:52am On Dec 01, 2017
the second car i drove on uber had a catalyst problem. it was a corolla 2006. lights were on, in the dashboard. I was buying fuel 6k daily and was to deliver 45k weekly. partner never believed I was buying fuel of 6k daily. kept saying corolla doesnt consume fuel. I kept saying catalyst is bad. they kept disbelieving.

I returned the car after 2 weeks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:56am On Dec 01, 2017
Romeo3:
partner refused to change these tires for a driver. asked him to come and return the car.

back to preventive maintenance. Tyres wore out unevenly because

1. Tyres were not rotated every 10,000km
2. Alligment is very bad

3. Lower control arms or bushings are out of spec causing uneven wear.

Put a new pair of tyres on the front wheels of this car, and they will die in 6months

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:58am On Dec 01, 2017
Romeo3:
the second car i drove on uber had a catalyst problem. it was a corolla 2006. lights were on, in the dashboard. I was buying fuel 6k daily and was to deliver 45k weekly. partner never believed I was buying fuel of 6k daily. kept saying corolla doesnt consume fuel. I kept saying catalyst is bad. they kept disbelieving.

I returned the car after 2 weeks.

technically the presence or absense of a catalytic converter in a modern day vehicle will not affect fuel consumption. It will only polute the environment.

Next time check fuel trims

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 9:00am On Dec 01, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

technically the presence or absense of a catalytic converter in a modern day vehicle will not affect fuel consumption. It will only polute the environment.

Next time check fuel trims
Which one be fuel trims sir? grin I be jjc o

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:03am On Dec 01, 2017
Romeo3:
some weeks agi a/c of a 2012 corolla packed up. partner fixed ac for 50k. ac packs up after 3 days driver decides to fix ac from his pocket. ac works only 2 days and packs up again. partner asks driver to return the vehicle if he cant fix the ac.

the airconditioning of a toyota corrola 2012 uses a variable displacement compressor.

If you are going to replace it with the stock setup, only compressor will cost 150,000.

Getting a tokumbor VDC is not an option, it will fail.

Other option is to instal a hillux 2008_15 compressor it is fixed displacemnt. Complete package for that will set you back over 70k

Question is wat the hell did they do? grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:04am On Dec 01, 2017
Romeo3:
Which one be fuel trims sir? grin I be jjc o

i will train you, send mail to gazzuzz@yahoo.com.

Terms and conditions apply tongue

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 9:06am On Dec 01, 2017
Romeo3:

I still doubt .... If u sign an agreement with a partner, it has maintenance clause and other's.. If ur partner refuses to do his bit on maintenance and because u want to make money u keep driving , the excuse the driver keeps saying will be 'partner no wan do maintenance' ... but what I tell people is if ur partner doesn't do maintenance scheduling right DROP THE CAR

On the other hand I have seen where partner does all to keep vehicle in good condition and Driver can't meet up rental fee but meets up money to take care of himself only and give partner stories ... no b greed b dt
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vicolame(m): 9:07am On Dec 01, 2017
Carshopper:

Simple put ... GREED.... grin

I think i know who this is.. but let me say we all step out everyday to risk it all in order to make money bearing in mind the conditions attached alot of unforseen situations happens as well that drivers may not tell Lord luggards but i dont think its abt greed like u said aldo from your angle it may seem so, if the price is very convenient for the driver their will be no complain so is it totally imposible for Lordlugards to allow room for negotiations instead of just stipulating a certain amount per week? Remember again everybody wants to make money!�
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 9:14am On Dec 01, 2017
vicolame:

I think i know who this is.. but let me say we all step out everyday to risk it all in order to make money bearing in mind the conditions attached alot of unforseen situations happens as well that drivers may not tell Lord luggards but i dont think its abt greed like u said aldo from your angle it may seem so, if the price is very convenient for the driver their will be no complain so is it totally imposible for Lordlugards to allow room for negotiations instead of just stipulating a certain amount per week? Remember again everybody wants to make money!�

I know u too grin .. I have Don the lowest rental fee and Driver still defaulted cheesy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 9:14am On Dec 01, 2017
Carshopper:

I still doubt .... If u sign an agreement with a partner, it has maintenance clause and other's.. If ur partner refuses to do his bit on maintenance and because u want to make money u keep driving , the excuse the driver keeps saying will be 'partner no wan do maintenance' ... but what I tell people is if ur partner doesn't do maintenance scheduling right DROP THE CAR

On the other hand I have seen where partner does all to keep vehicle in good condition and Driver can't meet up rental fee but meets up money to take care of himself only and give partner stories ... no b greed b dt
You posted 2 scenarios. Only the 2nd one is greed.

how about the first? is that greed too?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 9:15am On Dec 01, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

the airconditioning of a toyota corrola 2012 uses a variable displacement compressor.

If you are going to replace it with the stock setup, only compressor will cost 150,000.

Other option is to instal a hillux 2008_15 compressor it is fixed displacemnt. Complete package for that will set you back over 70k

150 what?!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:17am On Dec 01, 2017
Romeo3:
150 what?!

thousand cool

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bigass(f): 9:26am On Dec 01, 2017
It's economically Stupid to put 2012 Corolla on uber.

Maintenance will kill you.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 9:29am On Dec 01, 2017
bigass:

most people don't know
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ogunvic41(m): 9:29am On Dec 01, 2017
407 compressor tokunbo 15k
Brand new 80k...
The tokunbo will not spoil

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ogunvic41(m): 9:30am On Dec 01, 2017
bigass:

That's why I don't like corolla...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bigass(f): 9:41am On Dec 01, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

What do you mean by stock?

Imagine having to change Alternator engine or transmission in such vehicles

And why are you so sure tokunbo will fail?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dreamchaser14(m): 10:01am On Dec 01, 2017
dreamchaser14:

Hello guys. I haven't been here in a longtime.. I was a regular Uber driver, until I got a 9-5 job so I had to give up the car back to the owner, but I'm available to drive on rental agreement on weekends only to deliver 20k. I'll upload my Current Uber ratings. I'm trustworthy, professional and friendly. Kindly get in touch on 08122191803.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ridwanadedapo(m): 10:08am On Dec 01, 2017
I was driving a Lexus RX330 for UBER when I started and to step up he came I bought a 2010 Corolla in July and I can tel you have saved 1m as at last week.
I service my car every 2500 miles ,I make sure I keep my car in very good condition. I don't drive on bad roads like Egbeda, Aguda, some arts of lekki. I work from 8am - 5pm. Don't let anybody discourage you, you are not a failure! Someone will tell me he owns his car but if I should be on HP today, I will do it the same way. Do what is best for you.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by timifakay(m): 10:13am On Dec 01, 2017
ogunvic41:
407 compressor tokunbo 15k
Brand new 80k...
The tokunbo will not spoil

@bolded
Why?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:14am On Dec 01, 2017
ogunvic41:

Drop ur contact and let's talk on phone... U will come back to this thread to thank me...I have seen best drivers of UBER failed on HP... The guy who mentored me on UBER was UBER driver of the week three times 187k,180k, and 170k recently... He failed on HP, the car was collected...tell me how u gonna meet up that week u lost the two front shocks... How will u meet up when ur top gasket get blown,cars aren't new... I met a man who took HP of 9m for a brand new nissan primera 2016... He has paid over 1.5m the car was collected from him...if u can make 100k weekly u should be able to save money to buy your own car...GET A CAR FOR HP AND IN MONTHS TO COME PROOF ME WRONG...
MY OPINION I STAND TO BE CORRECTED... I LOVE UBER DRIVERS AND I WANT THEM TO PROGRESS...
LETS KEEP LAGOS MOVING....
AM PROUD TO BE A DRIVER...

Let me take this chance to acknowledge someone I so much admire in the person of Mr Ogunvic, I'll Neva forget the Saturday morning you called me and we spoke for 30 mins, while putting me through on certain things, may your heart keep finding joy and peace, in as much as no sacrifice is a waste.
Some thing struck me about this post and I'll like to add my little cent, drivers stop wearing big shoes, especially when you don't have what it takes to service HP. Here you take a car of 9M, even if you pay 40k weekly, from my rough estimation it will take 4 yrs to end the deal (almost impossible). Please drivers should learnt to start small and don't go beyond anything 3M on HP. Like you said, for any serious driver rantel is the best, but they lack savings habit... For a determined driver, saving 30k weekly under rantel shouldn't be a problem and BTW the space of 9 to 10 months, he should be able to get his own car. But you can force people to see, you can never force them to think.

Oga ogunvic I still long to see you someday, since we live close and probably work with you in light of sharing idea. All the best boss
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chrismudia: 10:20am On Dec 01, 2017
Am a uber driver looking for partner to work with I can deliver with no story 35k or 40 wkly
My number 08102981685
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:41am On Dec 01, 2017
Roughly 2 days in the business so far, from my little experience, if a rider's rating is low I will allow the request to wash down the drain. If every driver can be doing that then those sassy lowlife oloshos will learn the hard way how to be polite.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (5699) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.