Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3468) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4747764 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3465) (3466) (3467) (3468) (3469) (3470) (3471) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Baker77: 11:22am On Feb 28, 2021
GentleChief:
Hi guys, please who can recommend the best Car Tracker I can install in my car?

I have seen so many and am confused on the most reliable one to choose from. Thanks.
check my signature bro.i have a reliable one.
Remote control of car
Historical tracking report etc
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 11:53am On Feb 28, 2021
kanuisagoat:

Nice one bro. Imagine if you had stayed at the airport forming I don't do dead driving. cheesy

I've developed a kind of phobia for interstate travels since the birth of my son so I turn down any trip that will take me outside town no matter how much the rider wants to pay. Hopefully, I overcome this fear soon enough and start cashing out on the numerous offers I get.

Please na be pushing it to me na while I guve you commission. Ask guys here my commission will fuel your car for 3days worksgrin my last trip to Ado I paid the guy that gave me the job 10k.

So think about it.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Abkolad(m): 1:45pm On Feb 28, 2021
120 ways to make money online now explained

https://www.nairaland.com/6437464/120-ways-make-money-online
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 2:19pm On Feb 28, 2021
Felicity001:

Bros leave that tin wey by dey talk abeg... My 3.2k box is still hanging in one of those riders hands. Why should anyone make you go through the stress of calling, texting and worrying about pay you provided them good service for? Why

Many are not thief but the devil can minister to them never to pay once they leave your presence, some will only pay when they know they've a reputation to protect otherwise, kiss your money goodbye.

Tomorrow will make my 3weeks, the stupid olosho1 gel no free pay me.

This girl looks hungry grin
You might need to epp her. But on a serious note why do riders prefer to transfer than just use their card ? 99% of cash trip now , na transfer and it’s so annoying. One guy was trying to transfer money on broad street and it’s 700 naira. What rubbish, I had to give account no and zoom off. I will rather loose money to rider than pay Lastma or cbd.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by godsonn97: 2:32pm On Feb 28, 2021
Good day guys, please for Vehicle inspection for Uber/Bolt,what do they look out for?

And what reason will they have to reject a vehicle?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by godsonn97: 2:34pm On Feb 28, 2021
OJURONGBE1:

Except you've been plying that route steady, please be careful in Lagos island. Those Lastma and CBD boys are vessel of darkness.
thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 3:39pm On Feb 28, 2021
pope191:

Bros go use ur 3200 light oven, half bread is better than nothing

Oven wey no dey pick my call again? na only 1sim me i get na and I dont like calling with private No.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 3:39pm On Feb 28, 2021
BAZ001:

You might need to epp her. But on a serious note why do riders prefer to transfer than just use their card ? 99% of cash trip now , na transfer and it’s so annoying. One guy was trying to transfer money on broad street and it’s 700 naira. What rubbish, I had to give account no and zoom off. I will rather loose money to rider than pay Lastma or cbd.

Any trip to Lagos Island, just ask the rider if it's cash or transfer once you've started the trip.

If it's transfer, explain to the person that you'll end the ride when you're close to destination so that they can transfer before you drop them.

End the trip once you've entered TBS towards broad street. Or cms towards UBA house.
It can only short you #100.

This has been my trick.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 4:00pm On Feb 28, 2021
Kanoski:
and another thing...

i know using AC consumes a little more fuel...

bt during my scout for riders..
or driving to drivers location...
n i put my AC on low...will it still consume fuel?...

cc blackbishop

felicity0001

izzuo

pope191
I don't know why you guys always cry about using AC, anyways this is what happens when you increase your AC.
There's a fan under the evaporator usually under the dashboard and that's where the filter can be located.
It's the speed of that fan that is usually increased whenever you increase the knob from 1 to 2, so it have nothing to do with the speed of the engine and in effect won't make the engine consume additional fuel.

The engine gets a little bit higher anytime the compressor picks, not when you increase the fan

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lagusboyyy(m): 4:56pm On Feb 28, 2021
BAZ001:
So last Saturday I picked a fortunate albino.
On our way, bros just Dey rush me, drive fast , drive fast, I’m late.
Got to destination.
Rider: account number
Me: gave him
Rider: jumped out of d car saying done!
Me: I never get alert
Rider: you will get it, walking away very fast.
Should I run after dis yellow man or just respect myself? Another request came so I left.
To cut long story short by Sunday night no alert.
Text rider twice, called him no reply.
Tuesday night called n text too, then he replied and said he will look into and revert. By Thursday no reply nothing. I reported to bolt and was given 850 naira as compensation then blocked his account.
Fast forward to today
Alert enter
Rider has been calling and texting me to confirm alert. For where I no pick I no reply too.
I will wait till Monday or 1week to unblock his account too.
I’m writing dis epistle to show dt sometimes we should give riders time before we start calling them out here or fighting. With this new NIN / sim it won’t be easy for them to change sim when bolt/Uber blocks their account.
Wow!

Power has been shifted back to drivers.

Thank you NIN/pantami.

No more "shebi na to just buy new sim, and open new account"

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 5:09pm On Feb 28, 2021
Kanoski:
and another thing...

i know using AC consumes a little more fuel...

bt during my scout for riders..
or driving to drivers location...
n i put my AC on low...will it still consume fuel?...

cc blackbishop

felicity0001

izzuo

pope191

The reason the guy sold you that car is gradually popping up.

Try check for your catalyst if they're still intact.

My big daddy 02 V6 nets me 10-12k online on 3k fuel.
I don't off my AC unless I feel cold at night which is very rare.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 5:11pm On Feb 28, 2021
pope191:

Malaria! Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

I go flog you o

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 5:12pm On Feb 28, 2021
pope191:

Did u drop her number?

More than 3x
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 5:14pm On Feb 28, 2021
BAZ001:

One wanted to transfer N50 to me the other day i just looked at her and laughgrin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 5:24pm On Feb 28, 2021
pope191:

I'm now a new creature, old things are long gone

Devil too sabi quote bible.... just passing ni ooo

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Kanoski(m): 5:36pm On Feb 28, 2021
Felicity001:

The reason the guy sold you that car is gradually popping up.

Try check for your catalyst if they're still intact.

My big daddy 02 V6 nets me 10-12k online on 3k fuel.
I don't off my AC unless I feel cold at night which is very rare.
lol...

the car is not consuming fuel if u ask me..

m just asking to know..
n the catalyst is very much intact..

the car is not giving me any issue so far...

na me no the even pamper am well..

m i know ceh my driving style especially when my rider has waited 4 long is always very agressive..

i make almost 15k on 3k fuel

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 6:06pm On Feb 28, 2021
Gentlelife50:

I don't know why you guys always cry about using AC, anyways this is what happens when you increase your AC.
There's a fan under the evaporator usually under the dashboard and that's where the filter can be located.
It's the speed of that fan that is usually increased whenever you increase the knob from 1 to 2, so it have nothing to do with the speed of the engine and in effect won't make the engine consume additional fuel.

The engine gets a little bit higher anytime the compressor picks, not when you increase the fan
I think the workload on the engine increases as the fan speed increases. I noticed this when I was driving one Corolla with faulty cooling system, anytime the weather was hot and I increased the fan speed to 3, engine temperature would start rising
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by godsonn97: 6:25pm On Feb 28, 2021
godsonn97:
Good day guys, please for Vehicle inspection for Uber/Bolt,what do they look out for?

And what reason will they have to reject a vehicle?
any help with this please?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 7:04pm On Feb 28, 2021
deedee44:

I think the workload on the engine increases as the fan speed increases. I noticed this when I was driving one Corolla with faulty cooling system, anytime the weather was hot and I increased the fan speed to 3, engine temperature would start rising
I have told you, it's the fan under the evaporator that increases.
Okay do this to be sure, turn on your ignation but don't start the car then turn on the fan.
Likely the fan will work even without the engine on but the AC that works with compressor will need the engine to be on for it to work.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sharpk007(m): 7:32pm On Feb 28, 2021
Gentlelife50:

Okay do this to be sure, turn on your ignation but don't start the car then turn on the fan.
Likely the fan will work even without the engine on but the AC that works with compressor will need the engine to be on for it to work.

Very simple and basic Elementary physics, the extra energy for the fan to increase it's speed is from where??

The higher the rate of combustion the increased in fuel pumped into the injector.

I always laugh when you say with AC ur fuel does not consume more fuel...

But if your engine is good, You might not notice it because the compressor picks at intervals

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 7:47pm On Feb 28, 2021
sharpk007:

Very simple and basic Elementary physics, the extra energy for the fan to increase it's speed is from where??

The higher the rate of combustion the increased in fuel pumped into the injector.

I always laugh when you say with AC ur fuel does not consume more fuel...

But if your engine is good, You might not notice it because the compressor picks at intervals
I gave you something to do, turn on your ignition don't start car and switch on the fan and see if it won't work
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sharpk007(m): 8:00pm On Feb 28, 2021
Gentlelife50:

I gave you something to do, turn on your ignition don't start car and switch on the fan and see if it won't work

Will d air be cold?

And secondly you will notice as you increase the fan speed ur compressor pick up time will also increase

E.g on 1 speed fan ur compressor speed time might be 5 times in a minute but on 3 speed fan it will increase to like 8 times per min

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 8:11pm On Feb 28, 2021
godsonn97:
any help with this please?

Bros if you had type this your question in google search and add nairaland to it, within 2min u would have gotten your answer. Since 2pm you still asking... smh
This month of February somebody asked this same question here and it was answered.

We are trying to learn physics and automobile air conditioning here.

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:34pm On Feb 28, 2021
sharpk007:

Will d air be cold?

And secondly you will notice as you increase the fan speed ur compressor pick up time will also increase

E.g on 1 speed fan ur compressor speed time might be 5 times in a minute but on 3 speed fan it will increase to like 8 times per min
Good, the air won't be cold because the compressor isn't working. The fan only circulate the something, increasing the fan speed doesn't increase the engine speed

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slickleo: 8:52pm On Feb 28, 2021
sharpk007:

Will d air be cold?

Good, reduce AC fan speed d compressor work load will reduce, increase fan speed d compressor work load will increase. And AC compressor is extra load for d engine

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sharpk007(m): 8:57pm On Feb 28, 2021
Slickleo:

Good, reduce AC fan speed d compressor work load will reduce, increase fan speed d compressor work load will increase. And AC compressor is extra load for d engine

Gbam!!!!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 9:43pm On Feb 28, 2021
Cooladex:

Lol. You need to get rid of that phobia and make money for that guy o. Pampers no be free.
Even driving inside Lagos is riskier enough.

Yes but for the most part, no one will kidnap you driving in Lagos. Accidents are likely not going to be fatal. The risk of the rider snatching your vehicle is also lesser grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GforGee: 9:50pm On Feb 28, 2021
kanuisagoat:

Yes but for the most part, no one will kidnap you driving in Lagos. Accidents are likely not going to be fatal. The risk of the rider snatching your vehicle is also lesser grin
Confirm talk
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 10:03pm On Feb 28, 2021
Kanoski:

lol...

the car is not consuming fuel if u ask me..

m just asking to know..
n the catalyst is very much intact..

the car is not giving me any issue so far...

na me no the even pamper am well..

m i know ceh my driving style especially when my rider has waited 4 long is always very agressive..

i make almost 15k on 3k fuel

Oh sorry I just notice I misunderstood you... Sorry about that.

15k on 3k is good

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 10:13pm On Feb 28, 2021
kanuisagoat:

If you've this kind of mindset then no wonder why you're still driving as a bolt driver.

The last crime I checked a driver was killed and his car was found in Benin after 1month. Happened in Ajah.

Another was shot in the eyes at Ojuelegba under bridge.

Another was beaten and his car taken away fr9m him in Ajah

Should I go on?

But God no go shame us. We shall never be victims of circumstances. Amen

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 10:13pm On Feb 28, 2021
Felicity001:

If you've this kind of mindset then no wonder why you're still driving as a bolt driver.

The last crime I checked a driver was killed and his car was found in Benin after 1month. Happened in Ajah.

Another was shot in the eyes at Ojuelegba under bridge.

Another was beaten and his car taken away fr9m him in Ajah

Should I go on?

But God no go shame us. We shall never be victims of circumstances. Amen

Where is peep4u.

Agba hope you're good.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:32pm On Feb 28, 2021
Gentlelife50:

I didn't say it's not the fan, I said increasing the fan's speed still puts extra loads on the engine, and the more the load the more the fuel consumption I guess

(1) (2) (3) ... (3465) (3466) (3467) (3468) (3469) (3470) (3471) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.